• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Baliis

Cipherr

I need help. Anyone that plays a Twister Wiz can tell me if its worth replacing the (gemmed) neck I have for the other one I found if I reroll a socket in the place of the Resource Reduction?

MWvbPNB.jpg

It would bring my area damage up to 105%, but I use the etched sigil and it provides a GOOD amount of my twisters because manually weaving them causes me to run OOM pretty quickly. But Im told etched sigil twisters dont benefit from area damage until they merge into a larger twister. Seems I would only gain a little benefit from that area damage while losing a LOT of HP. I would also lose that 7% melee damage reduction. Overall it seems like a sizeable step down in toughness for 20 area damage. But if Area damage is a bigger deal than I believe it to be perhaps Im weighing it incorrectly.

Edit: Sorry for the blurry image, was trying to reduce the filesize.

I need help. Anyone that plays a Twister Wiz can tell me if its worth replacing the (gemmed) neck I have for the other one I found if I reroll a socket in the place of the Resource Reduction?

MWvbPNB.jpg

It would bring my area damage up to 105%, but I use the etched sigil and it provides a GOOD amount of my twisters because manually weaving them causes me to run OOM pretty quickly. But Im told etched sigil twisters dont benefit from area damage until they merge into a larger twister. Seems I would only gain a little benefit from that area damage while losing a LOT of HP. I would also lose that 7% melee damage reduction. Overall it seems like a sizeable step down in toughness for 20 area damage. But if Area damage is a bigger deal than I believe it to be perhaps Im weighing it incorrectly.

Edit: Sorry for the blurry image, was trying to reduce the filesize.
I'd use the new one for now and pray for a better neck drop soon. As long as you have around 900k hp you're right where you need to be.

Lain

Can't say I disagree with their reasoning.
I also half like the proposed change to Taeguk. I say half, because lowering the duration of the buff is the only part I don't like about it (I already didn't like the buff dropping after 3 seconds), but with the cap being 10 stacks, it makes the buff dropping not that much of an issue (plus turning it into a gem for channeled skills gives some more options for those skills and that's cool in my book). It does reduce the power of the gem though.

eek5

Solanium is getting an internal cooldown (ICD) of 8 seconds
Twisted Sword is getting a cap at 5 Energy Twisters

5 twisters? holy shit that's awful LMAO

or Twisted Sword users, Wizards who use the skill in the course of their normal playstyle shouldn’t see much of a change.

What is normal playstyle exactly because solo wizards get to 8-9+ stacks all the time

Is this going to be for after season 5 or during season 5?

PTR live during the season but actual patch after.

Lain

How many twisters are people able to spam right now? I never played the twister build (I wouldn't be able to ask my friends to play globe duty) so I don't have any frame of reference about how high the buff from the sword could go.

Baliis

How many twisters are people able to spam right now? I never played the twister build (I wouldn't be able to ask my friends to play globe duty) so I don't have any frame of reference about how high the buff from the sword could go.

Like 12 or so? Idk what their aspd gets up to with optimal buffs and gear.
No. Only ten stacks.
Presumably it will be equally good if not better. 10 stacks doesn't make it worse somehow if each stack is a bigger buff. I guess armor wise it will be worse though yea. I forgot how taeguk worked for a sec since I never use it lol.

eek5

Groups can get into the 12-15 range. Solo is around 7-9. It's a huge nerf.

Like 12 or so? Idk what their aspd gets up to with optimal buffs and gear.

Presumably it will be equally good if not better. 10 stacks doesn't make it worse somehow if each stack is a bigger buff. I guess armor wise it will be worse though yea. I forgot how taeguk worked for a sec since I never use it lol.

The armor one is a huge hit but supposedly they're lowering monster dmg so IDK how it'll work out. Even with damage buffs I think this will not be good. APS of ~2 with 10 stacks. Startup time should take a bit still to get capped but it drops off almost instantly now so you'll have to spin up everytime you start channeling. Before it was tedious but you had the 80 stacks or whatever up with 100% uptime.

Baliis

The armor one is a huge hit but supposedly they're lowering monster dmg so IDK how it'll work out. Even with damage buffs I think this will not be good. APS of ~2 with 10 stacks. Startup time should take a bit still to get capped but it drops off almost instantly now so you'll have to spin up everytime you start channeling. Before it was tedious but you had the 80 stacks or whatever up with 100% uptime.

Ah, the only builds I uses taeguk for were WW barb and Nats where you're always channeling so it never fell off anyways.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ranks on the new Taeguk will increase the damage per stack.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/48nmdd/a_quick_chat_about_the_next_ptr_patch/d0l6fx8
"Great question. The maximum of ten stacks is static, so this will not change as you level up the gem. Instead, the damage increase will scale along with your gem. As of the last time I saw it, the damage increase on a Rank 1 gem was 2% per stack, and it went up to 6% per stack at Rank 100. Of course, this may change before PTR begin or throughout the course of PTR and we'll be keeping an eye on feedback and usage."

Firemind

I absolutely loved the runewords Rift and Voice of Reason in D2 for their procs. They weren't overpowered weapons, but they opened a new playstyle by comboing with specific skills (Conviction). Finally, they designed an item that basically does the same thing in D3 (Edged Sigil) and they nerf it.

FUCK OFF YOU UNBELIEVABLY DENSE CUNTS

It's a fucking loot game. I can't trade with other players. At least let me masturbate with whatever the hell I want. If it's too powerful, lower the numbers. Don't impose limits like number of twisters and fucking cooldowns. Cooldowns are the fucking worst. GOD.

Feeling a bit of the Diablo itch, how far into this season are we/how much longer will it last? If it's close to the end I'd probably just wait for the next one.

Ourobolus

Banned
So I got this on PS4 after playing a ton of it on PC back when RoS first came out. So now there are things called Season Journeys?

I levelled a Crusader to 70, and so far I have done all of the following, even before getting to this point.

Chapter I:
1.A New Start: Complete 5 bounties
2.Begin Again: Complete a Nephalem rift
3.Socket to me: Socket a gem in an item
4.Iron Heart: Raise the Blacksmith to level 5
5.I like jewels: Raise the Jeweler to lvl 5
6.Shake it fast: Raise the Mystic to lvl 5
7.Fly to New Tristram: Kill the Skeleton King
8.Automatic: Kill Maghda
9.Wasting my Young Years: Reach lvl 35

Chapter II:
1.Build me up Buttercup: Craft an item at the Blacksmith
2.Hard: Complete a Nephalem rift on Hard or higher
3.Friends with Benefits: Fully Equip one of your Followers
4.A life with meaning: Raise Blacksmith to lvl 10
5.Just a Hobby: Raise the Jeweler to lvl 10
6.Watch yourself: Raise the Mystic to lvl 10
7.Kanai's Excellent Adventure: Find Kanai's Cube
8.Hero of Sanctuary: Reach lvl 60
9.Ghom Nom Nom: Kill Ghom at lvl 60 or higher on hard or higher
10.Fresh Static Snow: Kill Izual at lvl 60 or higher on hard or higher

Chapter III:
1.Change Clothes: Transmogrify an Item at the Mystic
2.The Rock: Craft a Gem of Imperial or higher quality at the Jeweler
3.Forged Credentials: Raise the Blacksmith to lvl 12
4.Run the Jewels: Raise the Jeweler to lvl 12
5.Show me what you working with': Raise the Mystic to lvl 12
6.Above & Beyond: Reach lvl 70 (gives 1st Haedrig gift)
7.Hey there Kadala: Spend blood shards at Kadala

***I haven't done these yet***
8.Watch me Araneae-Neae: Kill Queen Araneae at lvl 70 at Master or higher
9.Penetrate & Defenestrate: Kill Urzael at lvl 70 at Master or higher

Supposedly at the Bolded/Underlined part, I should be getting a gift in the mail. Am I missing something? Do I somehow have to do these things in order?

Also, am I supposed to be getting popups when I complete each of these?

EDIT: Huh, after a google search, are these not even on the console versions? Damn.

biaxident

Feeling a bit of the Diablo itch, how far into this season are we/how much longer will it last? If it's close to the end I'd probably just wait for the next one.

Got about 6-8 weeks left about if they keep to their 3 month season promise.

When will blizz ever learn to not nerf something into the ground, just a baby nerf here and there and we'd be alright lol.

So at Rank 50 new taeguk till give 4% per stack so 40% dmg and the 20% armor while channeling (as of now on their internal ptr). That might be pretty powerful if the next group of sets they buff deal with channeled skills, rapid fire dh, updating wastes set, new ray of frost set or something. Who knows, might be ok.

Dahbomb

Not sure why you guys are getting worked up over season 6 meta. There will probably be some new OP build to play in it.

Cipherr

Not sure why you guys are getting worked up over season 6 meta. There will probably be some new OP build to play in it.

For me its about this annoying quest Im currently on to learn to stack twisters for these groups runs I do. I get verbally dismantled in pugs if I cannot manage to do a decent job with it and prolong the life of elite packs because of roaming twisters.

If Im going to learn this bullshit janky ass physics system they put in this game, I want to be able to put that shit to use in the future lol.

Baliis

Yea, but it's still sad to see that their method of "balancing" is just nerf it into oblivion and move on to the next fotm build

eek5

For me its about this annoying quest Im currently on to learn to stack twisters for these groups runs I do. I get verbally dismantled in pugs if I cannot manage to do a decent job with it and prolong the life of elite packs because of roaming twisters.

If Im going to learn this bullshit janky ass physics system they put in this game, I want to be able to put that shit to use in the future lol.

It's always going to be something. You still gotta learn it for meta.

If it helps, the best placement is standing right against a corner x < (so you're at the point) and putting your cursor past the corner. Those little shits will just stack on the point and make a million raging storms

neoism

Yea, but it's still sad to see that their method of "balancing" is just nerf it into oblivion and move on to the next fotm build

its been that way since the beginning lol they make something awesome NERF it.... guess thats why no monks changes because they the weakest...
Kids+got+more+game+than+me+and+he+s+not+even+_9436c39012a1e2c40ab6b6f551425822.jpg

Cipherr

I fucking did it! Tier fucking 70 down.

THANK you dreams. Switching from conventions to Unity for myself and follower was the key to getting the survivability needed to do it. I finished at 15m 2secs on my first attempt and was fuming. Killed the boss literally 2 seconds too late. Tried again and got it.

Dahbomb

All those set buffs. I wonder how many of them will actually stick.

Looks like they are nerfing the items and skills that spawn health globes.

Also looks like the CDR portion of Golgok is removed and is changed to a dodge chance instead.

Wallach

ItemPassive_Unique_Gem_015_x1 Gain [VALUE]% increased damage for 1.5 seconds (down from 3 seconds) when you spend resource on a channeled skill (reworked from just spending resource). This effect stacks up to 10 times (reworked).

What works off spending resource and has a 3 second duration? Taeguk on notice?

Baliis

All those set buffs. I wonder how many of them will actually stick.

Looks like they are nerfing the items and skills that spawn health globes.

Also looks like the CDR portion of Golgok is removed and is changed to a dodge chance instead.

I hope they do something more than just a flat numbers increase next season, but would be a good chance to dive into WD which I keep meaning to but never do.

RIP globe barbs.

I think the Dodge is added now, not replacing the CDR, that string is only for the primary effect, not the secondary I think. The Taeguk string doesn't mention the armor increase, and the Toxin string is only about the secondary. Looks like they're trying to buff up underused gems a bit? The Toxin change will be a nice buff for supports.

robochimp

What works off spending resource and has a 3 second duration? Taeguk on notice?

You can pretty easily keep Taeguk up with DH's multi shot at 3 seconds. 1.5 would make that much harder but it's also not a channeling ability so it's out of the mix anyway.

accel

Quick question (my first seasonal char ever, playing casually and strictly solo) - here is my understanding of the rough order of things in terms of progression:

* level to 70, level blacksmith / jeweler to max, etc (obviously),
* do rifts / bounties to change rares to legendaries, set difficulty so I can complete a run in about 10 minutes (perhaps even faster),
* do greater rifts to whatever level I can, get all legendary gems,
* basically, that's it, we arrived at endgame, alternate between rifts / bounties (speed clears) and greater rifts (same plus pushing level) to get all ancients / gear I want, and level legendary gems, while doing that also:

(a) farm RoRG,
(b) farm HF amulet,
(c) extract powers from subpar legendaries using Kanae's cube,
(d) complete seasonal chapters to get extra tab and other rewards.

Any comments / anything you'd add or reorder? It's been a heck of a lot of time since I did a char from scratch, so I am feeling a bit fuzzy. Strict solo is important.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom