• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Number45

That hoarder gem is going to stunt my progression somewhat. Gotta pick it all up!

Thanks to NaughtyPrawn, Krayzie and Tunesmith for the runs today, was fun! That Grift 32 though...
Did my first Grifts tonight. Level 14 was too easy, level 18 seemed just about right although I narrowly missed out on moving on to the next level. I suck at the trial though, which doesn't help.

Bumped up to T3 as well. Squishy as hell, but still more than manageable.

Paganmoon

I was stuffing my face while you guys were fighting for your lives. I feel ashamed! :'(

And came back just in time for the loot... interesting...

:)

That hoarder gem is going to stunt my progression somewhat. Gotta pick it all up!

Did my first Grifts tonight. Level 14 was too easy, level 18 seemed just about right although I narrowly missed out on moving on to the next level. I suck at the trial though, which doesn't help.

The difficulty levels, both for Torment and the Grifts, don't really feel like progressive increases. I died so much on T2, then suddenly, after one or two upgrades, I was doing T4 easy. then died so much in T6, now after a few smaller upgrades, I'm dong T6 pretty well.

HORRORSHØW

almost to 100% elite damage if not for some subpar rolls.

B0MFfe0CUAAXHGE.jpg

I think you and I are at the same level then. I just missed out on closing 18. I'm t3 but just moved up to t4 for bounties.

Fuck trying to roll a socket in anything is such a waste of time. Trying to craft a decent piro marella for my Roland's shield bash build. Nothing is beating my current defender of westmarch..

ZenaxPure

Does the Templar gain the lightning chance on hit effects?

Yeah and follower attacks have absurdly high proc coefficients so weapon effects on followers proc all the time. Thunderfury is the most popular weapon for the Templar cause if you use his passive that makes it so anything he attacks gets slowed for 3 seconds he effectively gets an AOE slow with a TF. Very useful if your build doesn't have a way to naturally slow enemies.

I got my first Grift Stone
What difficulty should I attempt it on?
Stats: 341k, 8000k+ 92K, playing as a Crusader.

If you mean game difficulty it doesn't matter, GRs have their own difficulty not tied to the game difficulty, you can't influence it that way.

I got my first Grift Stone
What difficulty should I attempt it on?
Stats: 341k, 8000k+ 92K, playing as a Crusader.
Doesn't matter. The grift level is the difficulty, doesn't matter what you are playing on. You will see.

Thats a lot of armour and defence but not much dps, you may need to respec as you won't be able to clear the grifts fast enough.

I'm on 1.1million dps, 6000k armour...i m doing t4 now and grifts at 20.

Doesn't matter. The grift level is the difficulty, doesn't matter what you are playing on. You will see.

Thats a lot of armour andnl defence but not much dps, you may need to respec as you won't be able to clear the grifts fast enough.

I'm on 1.1million dps, 6000k armour...i m doing t4 now and grifts at 20.

I am getting really unlucky with my drops. Not sure what is the best way to get high DPS, been doing T3 in hopes I can get better loot but I have been extremely unlucky.

I am getting really unlucky with my drops. Not sure what is the best way to get high DPS, been doing T3 in hopes I can get better loot but I have been extremely unlucky.
Are you rolling crit chance and crit damage on your amulets and stuff like that? And do you have a large green gem in your weapon?

mgcemir

Banned
Guys can anyone tell if U can craft hellfire amulet with passive skill on console. I bought the plans but I can only craft things with 3 drops from ubers, but nothing that requires the drop from fourth machine. Didn't they update the hellfire with 2.1?

Are you rolling crit chance and crit damage on your amulets and stuff like that? And do you have a large green gem in your weapon?

No.... To tell you the truth I honestly do not know how to build a proper character or what stats I should look for. Do you have a link I may browse through?

No.... To tell you the truth I honestly do not know how to build a proper character or what stats I should look for. Do you have a link I may browse through?
Like not a link but I'll message you when I'm at a PC. There are guides poster which show what you should look for when equipping items. Crit chance and crit damage are v impt on shoulders and amulets.

They will bump your dps through the roof!

ALL weapons need a green gem btw. Biggest you can afford.

I just found a hellskull shield for my crusader. Problem is it just doenst suit my build yet and it wasn't socketed...

Bearthgar

Banned
Reading the tooltip for Tal Rashas set, I thought that only one meteor could happen every 8 seconds. I was blown away that it was each element's meteor that had the 8 second CD.

Instantly jumped from torment 2 to 4. Felt good, man.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
@ Raptor

Thunderfury is in the mail!

Tal Rasha is fun, meteors proc from destroying objects as well, so if you have something like Fire Walkers, everything you touch - Meteor Shower.

Number45

Like not a link but I'll message you when I'm at a PC. There are guides poster which show what you should look for when equipping items. Crit chance and crit damage are v impt on shoulders and amulets.

I'd like to see this if you don't mind. :)

That feeling when you salvage a legendary item on accident and its better than everything you have equipped.. :/

Lost my angel hair braid where punish gets the effect of every rune.. Not using it now but it was such a good piece..

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
It's been a while since the last time I actually spent almost as much time playing a game than I did researching stuff about it online. Game's less than great at explaining things, and yet it doesn't leave me with that (kinda great) Demon's Souls-like feeling of "you're uncovering secrets and are really playing from the mc's pow, that is why the game doesn't tell you everything you need to know straight away"... Nope! In DIII that is much more sterile and, imo, annoying.

I'm not sure if I've yet had a legendary drop with the beaming lightcone where you automatically gift a rare/legendary to a player on your friends list, so I'm wondering how does that work since I've received a bunch instead. Does it notify you straight away that you're gifting something? How and, also, can you actually choose to whom yourself or the game does it for you?

Last question:
How does the game decide when you can up the difficulty?
Started on normal, then after couple of hours upped if to hard, then Expert and am now just past
Cain's death (which made me super happy) just so I didn't have to listen to his awful, awful voice work anymore
(seriously, how the fuck did Blizzard ok'ed that terribad performance).
Still too easy, no challenge whatsoever not only I never came close to dying but I didn't have to even use a potion so far! And yet Master difficulty is grayed out, why?! How do I unlock it?

Thanks!

Yes, thing is I added lots of people when Destiny Alpha and I did not ended up getting the game lol, need to let go a lot of people not becauseI dont want to haev them but because gifts better go to some of you that are playing.

Lol, same exact thing here

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
It's been a while since the last time I actually spent almost as much time playing a game than I did researching stuff about it online. Game's less than great at explaining things, and yet it doesn't leave me with that (kinda great) Demon's Souls-like feeling of "you're uncovering secrets and are really playing from the mc's pow, that is why the game doesn't tell you everything you need to know straight away"... Nope! In DIII that is much more sterile and, imo, annoying.

I'm not sure if I've yet had a legendary drop with the beaming lightcone where you automatically gift a rare/legendary to a player on your friends list, so I'm wondering how does that work since I've received a bunch instead. Does it notify you straight away that you're gifting something? How and, also, can you actually choose to whom yourself or the game does it for you?

Thanks!
Whenever a legendary drops for you there's a chance a gift item also drops, it looks like a small gift box labeled "A gift for XXX" XXX being a randomly determined person from your friends list. You hit X on those items to automatically mail it to them.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Whenever a legendary drops for you there's a chance a gift item also drops, it looks like a small gift box labeled "A gift for XXX" XXX being a randomly determined person from your friends list. You hit X on those items to automatically mail it to them.

Oh. Makes sense, thanks. Please also catch my edit and my other questions if you can mate :)

I just found a hellskull shield for my crusader. Problem is it just doenst suit my build yet and it wasn't socketed...

Thanks mate, I will look forward to it.

Raptor

@ Raptor

Thunderfury is in the mail!

Tal Rasha is fun, meteors proc from destroying objects as well, so if you have something like Fire Walkers, everything you touch - Meteor Shower.

Was usefull the FD?

I rolled a socket in it because it didn't had one.

Last nitgh was experimenting with Lightning build but not having the Aughild's stuff makes me really squishy, I will put them on again and fill the other spaces with the thousand storms set if I want to survive, sorry bros that was teh reaon I was dying a lot last night lols.

I have an offer, 50 Rift keys for a Fulminator if anyone have it ;P

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;134826724 said:
almost to 100% elite damage if not for some subpar rolls.

B0MFfe0CUAAXHGE.jpg

That was my Fire damage on my Barb, before I removed my Fire % Vaxo amulet, for the Strength based Cameo that my DH rolled for me. It rolled native CC... what is a guy to do ,, BUT roll CD onto it, strap that puppy to his neck, and let it ride?

So now I am rolling high 70s fire damage.

But I've got 67% elite on top of that, so yeah. ;)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Oh. Makes sense, thanks. Please also catch my edit and my other questions if you can mate :)
You can up the difficulty at any time, but only one level up or down while ingame. Levels after Expert unlock once you reach 60.
Was usefull the FD?

I rolled a socket in it because it didn't had one.

Last nitgh was experimenting with Lightning build but not having the Aughild's stuff makes me really squishy, I will put them on again and fill the other spaces with the thousand storms set if I want to survive, sorry bros that was teh reaon I was dying a lot last night lols.

I have an offer, 50 Rift keys for a Fulminator if anyone have it ;P
Yep. Fantastic thanks!

Laconic

Banned

CC and CHD... on shoulders?

turnbuckle

That feeling when you salvage a legendary item on accident and its better than everything you have equipped.. :/

Lost my angel hair braid where punish gets the effect of every rune.. Not using it now but it was such a good piece..
If you do that just close the game to the ps menu instantly using the ps button. If it didn't autosave you'll still have the item. I did that once and got lucky

stn

Started act 1 bounties on master last night, beat the butcher no problem. Took me a while slashing away but he never took more than 25% of my life at a time. Should I try the later acts before I try torment 1? Getting slightly bored due to good loot not being often enough, would like to change that as soon as possible.

Top Bottom