• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Marvel

could never
Hit Lv70 the other day, as a first timer on Diablo I actually enjoyed the story lol. Been playing some Adventure mode, much better with real players.

maomaoIYP

Anyone have the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set? I have a ton of Demon Hunter stuff that I can trade, want to start playing Monk, my Monk can clear gr34 which isn't bad considering I haven't touched the class in almost a year but really want to try the new set. Found 2 pieces of it last night.
I don't have an extra set to trade with you but it's a fast paced set, great for killing mobs, but I have difficulties soloing rift bosses quick enough.
Edit:
Anyone else still playing on PS4?

Just got my Barb geared for T2/T3 Rifts, been backing up to USB each time I finish playing lol. Sucks going back so far but oh well, drops of have been decent so far.
I still play daily, but I'm in Asia. I play all 6 classes. Add me for free gifts etc. PSN: feetiemaomao

I just had to make a new PSN account because I bought a PS+ code wasn't compatible with my country of residence (for some reason I made an account with a country of residence I am not in, didn't know you can't change it I am pretty much new to all this stuff).
But it's not that big of a deal because I just got my PS4 a few days ago...

Anyway my new PSN ID: wArTHEIST

feel free to add me for some D3 coop action and gift swapping :)

IbukiLordSA

Was messing around with some builds for the Demon Hunter and saw that I had a full Natalya's set in my stash so though might as well try this and check it out. Messed around with some bounties and normals rifts till I got a feel for the gameplay, went into a rift trial and straight out got a 50 key. Was pretty surprised as this was all old set stuff and didn't expect it to be so good. Anyway I used a spare level 52 key and got to the end with 9 minutes remaining, unfortunately Perdition spawned and it took a good while to take him out so I was left with just over 2 minutes left and upgraded to level 53.

I did not realize how powerful this set really is, and it's quite fun to play once you get use to the play style. Can't wait to start farming some better items to replace what I have now.

Any other DH out there running this build? What's the highest you have hit on console? Really think with the right gear this could be a big one as 52 felt really really easy and it wasn't an easy rift either, had 2 champion packs with reflect damage and walls and other packs with poison, arcane and lighting.

turnbuckle

Grimløck;171744803 said:
gr60 two months ago. haven't been playing much. waiting for new patch.

Mind giving a brief summary of gear, skills, and runes? I have a hell of a time trying to search this stuff and am burned out trying a build based on marauder/sentry. I probably have close to a full Nat set though I'm certain the rolls mostly stink but I'd like to give it a shot

HORRORSHØW

Mind giving a brief summary of gear, skills, and runes? I have a hell of a time trying to search this stuff and am burned out trying a build based on marauder/sentry. I probably have close to a full Nat set though I'm certain the rolls mostly stink but I'd like to give it a shot
off the top of my head
gear [all ancient]:
nats 6 [gloves, chest. helm, boots, pants, slayer]--required. try to get 25% RoV damage on your nat's slayer.
belt [crashing rain]--required. this item is what makes the build as it boosts your RoV damage upto 4000%. you will see damage in the ~15-20 billion with this.
offhand [calamity or balefire caster]--these do not have to be ancient as offhand weapons do not take into account damage stats. you do want %10 CDR on it, though.
shoulder [pauldrons of the skeleton king]--i use this because it's the best i have in terms of stats and has %RoV damage.
bracer [strong arm bracer]--the 30% knockback damage is nice when using RoV. try to get fire-based strong arms.
amulet [a kickass hellfire or an immunity amulet]--if using an immunity amulet i prefer the lightning one because getting one-shot by offscreen lightning bolts suck.
rings [focus and restraint]--required. pure damage.

gems
bane of the trapped--you will proc bane of the trapped with your follower if not using the iceblink gem. your follower must be the templar with perma-slow aura, thunderfury and wydward ring.
zei's or iceblink--iceblink is nice as you can perma-slow mobs and proc bane of the trapped but if your follower is properly outfitted then you can use zei's for more damage.
taeguk or bane of the powerful--maintaining taeguk stacks can be difficult.

abilities
rain of vengeance:stampede--your bread and butter.
focus fire:evade--gets your hatred up quickly. also procs iceblink if you're using it.
strafe:rocketstorm or icytrail--rocketstorm synergizes with your predominantly fire build. icytrail procs iceblink (and consequently bane of the trapped) all the time. icytrail is the safer option if using iceblink because strafe is not used for damage--it's to get RoV on faster cooldown.
companion:wolf--damage.
preparation:focused mind--gradually increase discipline.
smoke screen:displacement or vault:tumble--i prefer smoke screen because of its 1 sec invincibility. displacement is used to skip tough packs.

passives
cull the weak--synergizes with iceblink and or bane of the trapped.
awareness--you get to die once for free.
steady aim--20% more damage to enemies 10 yards away.
ambush--40% more damage to full-health enemies.
ballistics if using hellfire amulet and rocketstorm.
--
basically use RoV on cooldown. strafe to get RoV's cooldown faster. use focus fire to quickly regen hatred to use strafe. if you're using the taeguk gem, strafe and focus fire are used in rhythm to keep the taeguk stacks up. hope that helps.

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
Just purchased this from the Xbox Ultimate Game Salee. I no longer have my 360 UEE disc so I will be starting over.

If anyone would like to add me my GT is WKU MADDOG. Currently I only have 1 or 2 friends who play this.

IbukiLordSA

Demon Hunter 26 Billion damage lol

B0kTEe3.jpg

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Since I am without a PC for a few months I am going in on the PS4 version. I see gifting is a thing in this game I guess I should build up people to send stuff to. So anyone can feel free to add me on PS4. PSN: Rockso

SPCTRE

Do you guys think this (older) Crusader guide is decent as kind of a rough guideline? I'm playing SC and just hit 70 (Paragon 15).

I'm mainly wondering what I should prioritize with Paragon stats/point distribution.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Do you guys think this (older) Crusader guide is decent as kind of a rough guideline? I'm playing SC and just hit 70 (Paragon 15).
I don't think that guide will be too helpful to you beyond some of the basic information. (One primary aspect to which I disagree with is that he values Vit over AR. The game does this too, unfortunately.) The guide also basically merely suggests a one-size-fits-all HC build, and that won't be too helpful for your needs either.

[editorialization]
Diablo 3 is a game which fully enables and rewards the player for maximizing offense, and does little to enable (and less to reward) a player who tries to incorporate defensive tactics.

With HC you play at a relative snail's pace on lower difficulties to ensure that you don't get fully killed by the various kinds of unavoidable/BS damage the game throws at you.

With SC you are always always always rushing forward to the next kill, which makes the entire point of play to maximize your offense, which in turn suits how the game's mechanics are structured.
[/editorialization]

If you want to look over builds, try clicking on this: http://www.diablofans.com/builds?fi...r-class=64&filter-has-spell-2=-1&sort=-rating

I'm mainly wondering what I should prioritize with Paragon stats/point distribution.
Paragon Points serve to fill the gaps which you may happen to have in your gear loadout. Most any class and build will have similar PL priorities, with the main difference being if you want to prioritize cooldown reduction over attack speed.

Otherwise, my general philosophy has been:
1) MS to 25%, primary (though some builds would be better with max resource before primary)
2) CD (unless default CC is less than 50%), CC, cooldown or IAS, IAS or cooldown
3) AR, Vit, Armor, Regen
4) LOH, Resource cost

Paragon Points can be reset at any time so don't fuss too much over it. Try things out and change them at will to suit your needs.

----

I put the question forward in the PC D3 thread and didn't see any opposition there. Is it time for this thread to close and all D3 discussion be continued there? We're close to 20K here, and with how little action this thread gets I'm not sure an OT2 will be needed.

Any ETA on the new patch and tileset? Seems like its been on the PC test server for a while now.

Holding off on jumping back in until the new stuff drops.

SPCTRE

I don't think that guide will be too helpful to you beyond some of the basic information. (One primary aspect to which I disagree with is that he values Vit over AR. The game does this too, unfortunately.) The guide also basically merely suggests a one-size-fits-all HC build, and that won't be too helpful for your needs either.

[editorialization]
Diablo 3 is a game which fully enables and rewards the player for maximizing offense, and does little to enable (and less to reward) a player who tries to incorporate defensive tactics.

With HC you play at a relative snail's pace on lower difficulties to ensure that you don't get fully killed by the various kinds of unavoidable/BS damage the game throws at you.

With SC you are always always always rushing forward to the next kill, which makes the entire point of play to maximize your offense, which in turn suits how the game's mechanics are structured.
[/editorialization]

If you want to look over builds, try clicking on this: http://www.diablofans.com/builds?fi...r-class=64&filter-has-spell-2=-1&sort=-rating

Paragon Points serve to fill the gaps which you may happen to have in your gear loadout. Most any class and build will have similar PL priorities, with the main difference being if you want to prioritize cooldown reduction over attack speed.

Otherwise, my general philosophy has been:
1) MS to 25%, primary (though some builds would be better with max resource before primary)
2) CD (unless default CC is less than 50%), CC, cooldown or IAS, IAS or cooldown
3) AR, Vit, Armor, Regen
4) LOH, Resource cost

Paragon Points can be reset at any time so don't fuss too much over it. Try things out and change them at will to suit your needs.
Thanks for the thorough response, super helpful!

Keep getting gifts for people who no longer play the game. Going to be removing a few people.

Feel free to add me on PSN if you are fairly active for gift exchanges.

PSN: FiveSix4Three

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
getting into this again, especially since WD actually works as I wanted it to (with my army not dying >_>), im curious, whats the "easiest" way to get that ring that decreases the set requirements. I really need to get that 6 piece zunimasa bonus and the ring would help

dantehemi

Started playing this a lot again. Doing some bounties right now and would love to do some rifts with active players. Feel free to add me.

Psn- dantehemi

ashylarry

getting into this again, especially since WD actually works as I wanted it to (with my army not dying >_>), im curious, whats the "easiest" way to get that ring that decreases the set requirements. I really need to get that 6 piece zunimasa bonus and the ring would help

You can do T6 act 1 bounties, since there is a 100% legendary drop.

johnhandy

The ring is a drop from the Horadric Cache received by completing all bounties in Act 1 Adventure Mode.

Just got this game on Ps4, never played a Diablo game before. So a total noob. If anyone doesn't mind that you can add me. Psn is my name. I'm usually on after 5pm est.

X-Frame

I got so lucky with Crusader drops, and then randomly one awesome dude or dudette dropped an Ancient Furnace already socketed with the highest Emerald after a run. I was blown away.

So now my Roland Fire Bash Crusader is doing almost consistently 1 billion damage and breezing through T6. So much fun!

I can do about GR40 before I start to die to often -- my Vitality is too low compared to my damage output. Not sure what I can do though.

Checking if there are any Xbox one players? Still going through the story mode missions but wouldn't mind hopping in with GAF once I get to the appropriate level. Played a ton of D2 in the past. Taking a break from destiny now.

Gt is same as gaf if you want to add me.

Sirenty

I've just gotten back into this hard while waiting for the new patch, and it looks like all my gifts are going to people who don't play anymore. Feel free to add me on PSN (same as screen name) if you want some gifts sent your way.

dantehemi

What's the deal with bounties and rifts? I picked this up after a long layoff and started doing some bounties with my level 69 barbarian and I was wondering if there is an endless supply of bounties or do they run out? And same with rifts?
If someone can explain to me the ideal way about going on with adventure mode and how I should proceed going forward that would be great.
Is it fun to just start a new character and just dig into adventure mode and just fight and fight and fight? I am enjoying it a lot and just need to know is this pretty much what adventure mode is? (Not that it's a bad thing) thanks.

johnhandy

What's the deal with bounties and rifts? I picked this up after a long layoff and started doing some bounties with my level 69 barbarian and I was wondering if there is an endless supply of bounties or do they run out? And same with rifts?
If someone can explain to me the ideal way about going on with adventure mode and how I should proceed going forward that would be great.
Is it fun to just start a new character and just dig into adventure mode and just fight and fight and fight? I am enjoying it a lot and just need to know is this pretty much what adventure mode is? (Not that it's a bad thing) thanks.
Adventure Mode leads to the end-game of Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts. It's unlocked after you finish Act 5 on any character (NOTE, need to unlock separately between softcore and hardcore). Finishing a bounty (5 per Act) will give you Rift Keystone Fragments, which are used for opening Nephalem Rifts. Finishing all bounties in the same Act will give you a Horadric Cache, with a chance for Act-specific legendaries.

Once in a Nephalem Rift, kill enemies until Rift Guardian spawns. Kill Rift Guardian will have a chance to drop a Keystone of Trials (100% in Torment 6). Keystone of Trials is used to set the level of the Greater Rift Keystone based on how many waves you complete.

Kill mobs in the Greater Rift, which increase in difficulty based on the level unlocked, until the Rift Guardian comes up. Kill the Rift Guardian for your loot.

If you kill the Rift Guardian within 15 minutes of opening the rift, you have the option of getting another Greater Rift Keystone of a higher level. Otherwise, you can upgrade your Legendary Gems.

Bounties and Rifts will drop Blood Shards. Use Blood Shards to buy random slot-specific gear from the vendor Kadala. You can get Ancient pieces from her. You initially have a carrying capacity of 500 Blood Shards. This can be increased by 10 per each level of your highest SOLO Greater Rift clear within the time limit; i.e., solo clear a GR22 and you can now carry 720 Blood Shards (500+22*10).

tl;dr:
- Do bounties to get Rift Keystone Fragments
- Use Rift Keystone Fragments to unlock Nephalem Rifts for a chance at Keystone of Trials
- Use Keystone of Trials to get a Greater Rift Keystone
- Use Greater Rift Keystones to kill mobs to get a higher level of Greater Rift Keystone
- Earn Blood Shards to spend at Kadala to fill specific gear slots
- Do Act 1 bounties until you get a Ring of Royal Grandeur (-1 item for set bonuses, minimum 2 items) to give you access to set bonuses so your gear can be more flexible.
- Use Adventure Mode to level up alts.

Just bought this a few days ago and I am already level 20 monk and I'm right at the beginning of Act 2
Caldeum
, as someone who wasn't really a fan of the older games for some reason I'm really liking this a lot. That's not to say I didn't like Diablo one or two, I just wasn't a huge fan.

I picked it up for 40 bucks at best buy with an old reward certificate, send me PMs for FRs on PSN, I don't like to just put my name out there.

Just bought this a few days ago and I am already level 20 monk and I'm right at the beginning of Act 2
Caldeum
, as someone who wasn't really a fan of the older games for some reason I'm really liking this a lot. That's not to say I didn't like Diablo one or two, I just wasn't a huge fan.

I picked it up for 40 bucks at best buy with an old reward certificate, send me PMs for FRs on PSN, I don't like to just put my name out there.
you can add me if you wanna play is djcast87

Tahnit

Banned
picked this up. Couldnt really get into the pc version too much but seems like this game plays better on consoles. However inventory isnt as good as pc but im getting used to it.

Lrrr

Send me a PM if you're interested in teaming up. I have a lvl 70 DH and I'm working on a Wizard now (lvl 13 or so).

Einhandr

DiabloGAF, I'm posting an image of my current crusader setup on PS4. I'm running a blessed shield build (even though it might not be the greatest of the crusader builds) and I'm able to comfortably run T5 with little to no deaths. T6 is a bit harder and I usually end up dying more than a few times. I've been able to clear 24/25 Gfrits but I think my build needs more survivability. I was thinking if I could get another pair of blackthorne's jousting mail that had STR/VIT/AR and 2 sockets, but haven't gotten any to drop. I may just start rolling with blood shards to see if I can get a pair. I was also considering switching out my Leoric's Gorget for The Traveler's Pledge outlined in red; rolling the +586 armor into a socket and slotting in a legendary gem.

Anyone have any gear suggestions? I can post my stats if that helps too.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Grimløck;175778058 said:
tal rasha's + aether walker= gr50+ easy
How?

Any time I take a Wizard to GR50 it's just a matter how many minutes I feel like being one-shot killed by anything on the field until I get to 30 second death countdown and quit.

Teleport all day just to not get rushed down leaves you with no fuel to attack anything, and using an AW leaves you to have one hydra on field.

Teleport with Arcane, Forked Lightning I'm guessing... then what? A Fire or Ice Black Hole so that you can at least prevent rush for a few precious seconds besides kiting away. OK. Then a meteor of the other type I guess? And that's it? Or are you suggesting a single Mammoth with the cold BH? Either way, not seeing it. Not seeing what's "easy" about it at least.

Anyone have any gear suggestions?
You need to have the Legendary Gems. They're really not optional.

Yes, you should get the socket on that Pledge because doing that for the Gorget would make it worse and it would be very painful to lose that 100% CD. You're already going to hurt enough to do that for your RORG. You'll want a Convention of Elements instead of the Stone of Jordan - the temporary buff is better overall than a lesser fixed buff. You'll want a set hat or a Leoric's Crown instead of the Andy's - the 6% CC on the hat is too important to neglect, and hats can roll up to 1000 Vit on ancients so between socket, primary, CC, and Vit, there's little room for element damage increase.

The majority of Crusader builds rely on high CDR so that you can keep the Akkarat buff up constantly, as doing so will help your defense more than any gear will. Craft Crimsons and Borns, get a Leorics hat to put a diamond in it, try to get your CDR in the upper 50s, and learn to instinctively activate Akkarat as it's coming off cooldown. Constantly and forever.

For Blood Shards, besides a Leoric hat, roll for a Witching Hour belt, or a Vigilante to help with CDR. Get that rolled socket on that weapon back to +% damage and then use a Ramanaldi Gift (once you get it or have one given to you (hint hint)) to get it back.

Einhandr

You need to have the Legendary Gems. They're really not optional.

Yes, you should get the socket on that Pledge because doing that for the Gorget would make it worse and it would be very painful to lose that 100% CD. You're already going to hurt enough to do that for your RORG. You'll want a Convention of Elements instead of the Stone of Jordan - the temporary buff is better overall than a lesser fixed buff. You'll want a set hat or a Leoric's Crown instead of the Andy's - the 6% CC on the hat is too important to neglect, and hats can roll up to 1000 Vit on ancients so between socket, primary, CC, and Vit, there's little room for element damage increase.

The majority of Crusader builds rely on high CDR so that you can keep the Akkarat buff up constantly, as doing so will help your defense more than any gear will. Craft Crimsons and Borns, get a Leorics hat to put a diamond in it, try to get your CDR in the upper 50s, and learn to instinctively activate Akkarat as it's coming off cooldown. Constantly and forever.

For Blood Shards, besides a Leoric hat, roll for a Witching Hour belt, or a Vigilante to help with CDR. Get that rolled socket on that weapon back to +% damage and then use a Ramanaldi Gift (once you get it or have one given to you (hint hint)) to get it back.

Thanks so much for the feedback! When I hop back on tonight I'll see what I have in my stash. I think I've got a Leoric's crown and I've also got some pieces of the Akkarat set as well. I'll roll a socket onto my Traveler's Pledge too. Which legendary gems do you suggest? I see alot of people suggesting Toxin and Mirinae. What would you suggest? Is Wildebeest's worth using?

HORRORSHØW

How?

Any time I take a Wizard to GR50 it's just a matter how many minutes I feel like being one-shot killed by anything on the field until I get to 30 second death countdown and quit.

Teleport all day just to not get rushed down leaves you with no fuel to attack anything, and using an AW leaves you to have one hydra on field.

Teleport with Arcane, Forked Lightning I'm guessing... then what? A Fire or Ice Black Hole so that you can at least prevent rush for a few precious seconds besides kiting away. OK. Then a meteor of the other type I guess? And that's it? Or are you suggesting a single Mammoth with the cold BH? Either way, not seeing it. Not seeing what's "easy" about it at least.
aether walker eliminates cooldown on your teleport. teleport with calamity causes a 1 second stun. pair that with ancient parthenon defenders and you get up to 12% defense from all stunned enemies within 25 yards. calamity is arcane so it'll proc the arcane part of tal rasha's.

blizzard with frozen solid rune to proc the cold part of tal rasha's. this spell has 100% chance to stun enemies for 2.5 seconds.

meteor with meteor shower rune to proc the fire part of tal rasha's. use with cindercoat to semi-spam.

magic weapon with conduit rune because you're going to be arcane starved constantly spamming teleport.

shock pulse with piercing orb to proc the lightning part of tal rasha's. it is also your generator to keep your focus/restraint buffs up.

storm armor with power of the storm for more arcane management.

basically teleport into a group of mobs to stun and proc arcane, shoot shock pulse for f/r and to proc lightning, cast blizzard to proc cold and stun, cast meteor to proc fire, teleport out. repeat at next mob.

you're still going to get one shot from time to time but that's the nature of the game 50+. did 54 last night. it's not as sufficient playing on consoles because you can't precisely aim your teleports. often times you want a short teleport to keep a group of mobs stunlocked but you're going to overshoot it. it's the same way with the monk's dashing build.

delrasha hybrid build looks promising too. probably more safe than this build. didn't get a chance to try it out yet, though.

HORRORSHØW

delrasha + aether walker. significantly easier than just tal's and aether walker due to crowd control all day. missing 4 ancient armor pieces to boot. rift guardian takes awhile, tho
CMvgnO7WoAEtFzB.jpg:large

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Grimløck;175888476 said:
delrasha + aether walker
Huh, neat.

edit: Makes more sense for those two concepts to work together than the wand with Tals.
Has Blizzard stated that there will be no more updates for D3ROSUEE on consoles?

PC version is getting 2.3 soon.
PS4/XB1 will always get updates concurrently with PC updates, and they will not specify this every time there is a new patch.

Likewise, PS360 will never get updates and they will also not specify this every time there is a new patch.

Which legendary gems do you suggest? I see alot of people suggesting Toxin and Mirinae. What would you suggest? Is Wildebeest's worth using?
For a shieldspam build, probably something like Zeis/Trapped/Toxin for full offense. Treat the build as long ranged, and you'll see why Zeis works. Toxin is a good fit because the shield spam will get everything on screen tagged with minimal effort. Powerful would be good to use if you want to do quick low Grifts or standard Rifts. Wildebeest is good for a long range build too, since the good way to use the gem is to kite and ensure the shield regenerates every time you lose it.

I'm not sure how beneficial something like Taeguk would be without knowing your build (and probably still wouldn't be regardless, because your main focus is with the shieldspam), and I'm not generally a fan of Gogok but it might work OK for you here since you should at least benefit from both the IAS and CDR.

All that matters in softcore is that you have enough defense to prevent being one-shotted. Offense takes all priority otherwise.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Any Xbox one players? Add me please.

GT: Taeshik Cha

Want people to play with.

Any Xbox one players? Add me please.

GT: Taeshik Cha

Want people to play with.
Hop in my games man!! i can never really tell if it's telling me you and demon are in Diablo or just online. Guess I'll just start hopping in your games to see.

Also anyone know how to play n6 build with the controller? Just got a nice ancient nats slayer from kadala and have no idea how to strafe/evasive. I seem to just come to a complete stop.

Thanks

mewmew42

Can I ask for coop help please, PS4

Currently level 48 crusader just want to blitz to level 60, unlock adventure mode, coop buff a new monk and enjoy 2.3

Feel free to add psn id: DeducibleTiger

HORRORSHØW

Also anyone know how to play n6 build with the controller? Just got a nice ancient nats slayer from kadala and have no idea how to strafe/evasive. I seem to just come to a complete stop.

Thanks
i'm guessing you're just holding down strafe and draining hatred. you have to tap strafe/evasive fire and get a rhythm going to not lose hatred and to keep your taeguk stacks up (assuming that's one of the gems you're using).

tap strafe once. hold down evasive fire for 1-2 shots. repeat.

Grimløck;176132487 said:
i'm guessing you're just holding down strafe and draining hatred. you have to tap strafe/evasive fire and get a rhythm going to not lose hatred and to keep your taeguk stacks up (assuming that's one of the gems you're using).

tap strafe once. hold down evasive fire for 1-2 shots. repeat.
You are correct, was holding down strafe instead of tapping. Thanks for the tip, now I can see what this nicely rolled nats slayer can do. Just need kadala to be nice again and give me a calamity as well.

Top Bottom