• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Finally broke a billion damage with my Demon Hunter

8p42pWG.jpg
Nice! Could you let me know what your skill setup is like? I'd like to give yours a spin!

h3ro

Nice! Could you let me know what your skill setup is like? I'd like to give yours a spin!
Looks like full UE set, Kridershot and meticulous bolts quiver. Main skills are Elemental arrow with lightning ball and Multishot with lightning based damage. You want the lightning balls to travel at the slowest speed possible so look for a quiver closest to 30% ball speed.

For further detail, search Lightning Ball build on diablofans.

Edit: here it is: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53767-2-2-gr55-solo-group-trial-setups-ue-lightning

IbukiLordSA

Full Ancient setup
Unhallowed Essence 6 piece set
Reaper Wraps
Thundergods Vigor
Kridershot
Meticulous Bolts
Hellfire Amulet with Cull the Weak passive
Focus
Restraint

Legendary Gems are Gogok of Swiftness, Bane of the Trapped and Zei's Stone of Vengeance, all 3 are at level 50

Skills are:

Elemental Arrow - Ball Lightning
Companion - Wolf
Multishot - Fire at Will
Preperation - Invigoration
Vault - Tumble
Marked for Death - Contagion

Passives are:

Steady Aim
Awareness
Archery
Ambush

Cull the Weak from the HF Amulet

Full Ancient setup
Unhallowed Essence 6 piece set
Reaper Wraps
Thundergods Vigor
Kridershot
Meticulous Bolts
Hellfire Amulet with Cull the Weak passive
Focus
Restraint

Legendary Gems are Gogok of Swiftness, Bane of the Trapped and Zei's Stone of Vengeance, all 3 are at level 50

Skills are:

Elemental Arrow - Ball Lightning
Companion - Wolf
Multishot - Fire at Will
Preperation - Invigoration
Vault - Tumble
Marked for Death - Contagion

Passives are:

Steady Aim
Awareness
Archery
Ambush

Cull the Weak from the HF Amulet
Thanks so much!

Is it still a bad idea to play online with randoms? I wanna play with others but I don't want hacking shit to ruin my time.

It's not too bad imho, particularly now that the UEE isn't new.

It's really easy to check for cheaters when you join a group or when a new player joins.

You can't join a grift once it's open, so that gives you the chance to make sure you're not entering one you shouldn't.

Pons

Neo Member
Not to overly brag or anything, just happy, I just got the platinum for D3 UEE on ps4 this morning. According to the trophy info, 1.7pct of players have got the platinum. Feels good mang!

Only my second playstation platinum trophy. I now have this and bloodborne plat'd.

Paganmoon

Not to overly brag or anything, just happy, I just got the platinum for D3 UEE on ps4 this morning. According to the trophy info, 1.7pct of players have got the platinum. Feels good mang!

Only my second playstation platinum trophy. I now have this and bloodborne plat'd.

Congrats! We're all 1.7%-ers in here, well Krayzie isn't, cause he doesn't do other chars than his Crusader (on GRift 70 or something by now probably), but other than him:)

Pons

Neo Member
Lol yeah I've play'ed with Krayzie quite a few times...his one super character makes all 6 of my characters seem like little children in comparison :p

turnbuckle

Our son was born 3 weeks ago. His name inspired me to create a demon hunter. Been a lot more fun than pony crusader. Tons of changes since I last played last a long time ago.

Camwi

Anyone who still plays this, feel free to add me (PS4 - Camween).

I only play this locally with my wife (the amount of times she checks her inventory would drive you guys nuts), but I only have one person on my friends list who has played Diablo 3 in the past and doesn't play it anymore, so giving him my Legendary gifts (and not getting any in return) seems kind of pointless.

Congrats! We're all 1.7%-ers in here, well Krayzie isn't, cause he doesn't do other chars than his Crusader (on GRift 70 or something by now probably), but other than him:)

Not popped in the thread for a while, I'm still missing my 500 bounties trophy for my Platinum, that's all, will just grind them out slowly lol

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I know myself and a few others who still play the game regularly will never get the Platinum because it requires playing Hardcore Mode, which I will forever contend as conveying one of the most aggravating and futile sensations of playing a video game.

Through generous donations by other players and a bit of good drop luck, I've managed to finally get 50/51 cleared on all four accounts. Dual Wield BK Barb is what I needed, and having the Templar with a Wyrdward and Eu Jang Do certainly helped. With that done, I decided to try working up a Monk next since I haven't done so in a long time; I was hoping to have a build to support the Al Turasq fist (with using 4 SWK/6 Inna for other slots), but my initial tests make it feel like it sucks. I was hoping to not have to rely on getting an Ancient Dragon or Torch, but this is D3 so that's probably the only valid answer.

By the way, my use of legacy Puzzle Rings has now come to an end. Oculus Ring doesn't work when your follower wears one, but it does if other players do - even if they get the kill or not. Having up to three areas of flat ~+40% increased damage on the field makes things interesting again. It's especially good for trials.

I know myself and a few others who still play the game regularly will never get the Platinum because it requires playing Hardcore Mode, which I will forever contend as conveying one of the most aggravating and futile sensations of playing a video game.

The hardcore wasn't that hard for me in the end, I managed to roll an ancient legendary Nutcracker with -35 level reduction and made everything quite simple. I can toss if over to you if you need it.

h3ro

Through generous donations by other players and a bit of good drop luck, I've managed to finally get 50/51 cleared on all four accounts. Dual Wield BK Barb is what I needed, and having the Templar with a Wyrdward and Eu Jang Do certainly helped. With that done, I decided to try working up a Monk next since I haven't done so in a long time; I was hoping to have a build to support the Al Turasq fist (with using 4 SWK/6 Inna for other slots), but my initial tests make it feel like it sucks. I was hoping to not have to rely on getting an Ancient Dragon or Torch, but this is D3 so that's probably the only valid answer.

By the way, my use of legacy Puzzle Rings has now come to an end. Oculus Ring doesn't work when your follower wears one, but it does if other players do - even if they get the kill or not. Having up to three areas of flat ~+40% increased damage on the field makes things interesting again. It's especially good for trials.
You won't have to wait too long for a torch ;)

Frostburn

I have been playing a lot of local co-op lately with my wife and the other day I tried to hop in while she was already playing, after signing into PSN the game told me no save data was found. I checked save storage and the file was there. Downloaded a backup from PS+ and got the same message. Somehow only 1 save is going to PS+ and it must have corrupted locally so the uploaded save was also corrupted. I had to go all the way back to a lvl 35 import from the PS3 version.

h3ro

I have been playing a lot of local co-op lately with my wife and the other day I tried to hop in while she was already playing, after signing into PSN the game told me no save data was found. I checked save storage and the file was there. Downloaded a backup from PS+ and got the same message. Somehow only 1 save is going to PS+ and it must have corrupted locally so the uploaded save was also corrupted. I had to go all the way back to a lvl 35 import from the PS3 version.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I've resorted to backing my saves up twice, once via PS+ (with auto-upload turned off) and another save to a USB drive. Good luck getting your loot.

Frostburn

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I've resorted to backing my saves up twice, once via PS+ (with auto-upload turned off) and another save to a USB drive. Good luck getting your loot.

Yeah going to back up via USB from now on, ironically I had my wife's save backed up to USB because she doesn't have PS+ but her save never corrupted to begin with, just mine. I have already started to my trek back to 70 so I can start grinding some rifts.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The hardcore wasn't that hard for me in the end, I managed to roll an ancient legendary Nutcracker with -35 level reduction and made everything quite simple. I can toss if over to you if you need it.
I appreciate it, and yeah if I recall right from memory, getting the required HC trophies only necessitates getting to 60 or something? Or just one clear of all acts? It wasn't that substantial on the whole.

It's just... D3 solo SC for me already feels infuriating enough. I know it would be an order of magnitude worse with having to play the game with extreme caution to ensure that no work has to be repeated, and even then there's still some times when Diablo 3 will simply decide that your character will take damage that it normally shouldn't. I just don't think me playing HC would be good for the health of my body or the walls in my house.

You won't have to wait too long for a torch ;)
I really do appreciate it, but I wasn't trying to beg for one! Honest! I was fine with working up to it.

Have an ancient Won Kim and a standard Al Turasq. Despite neither having sockets (being stingy on Gifts) and still using an SOJ she's at 900K sheet, and I was going to take up next weekend to see what type of Grift level I could run with that; moreso for the sake of playing it in a real environment rather than trying to push a high number. I mean, hell, I already have the barb and wiz in good spots and the DH is OK too. If I can't make a monk work for now, oh well, I can just wait to see what the next patch brings.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
New news means new post.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

Highlights -

Horardric Cube II to be in, which will allow Legendary item affixes to be ripped from their items and equippable in some fashion, as well as crafting material transmutation.

Furthermore regarding crafting, there won't be standard sub-70 materials, but there will be new Act-specific materials to be obtained from the Horardic Caches. We hope you've enjoyed your vacation from hunting for Reaper's Wraps materials and the like, and that you have ample inventory space to contain them all.

Difficulty Creep has been allowed, resulting in Torments 7 - 10 to now exist.

Also, general vagueness about new Legendary items and adjustments to monster XP values and status ailment tolerance (i.e. the same thing we do every patch).

---

I guess the main thing to do in preparation is to hang onto Legendaries which are currently interesting but useless, on the chance that they can become useful through the new Cube.

I am so happy they continue to add updates and keep things for us to do, I put like 1000hrs in on pc but ultimately gave up with the direction they had taken. I came back with the ps4 version and it's been better on all fronts especially the latency being gone. It's nice being able to play lag free offline locally with people.

The hacked items are a pain, but I inspect people to avoid it for the most part.

These new additions announced sound awesome, can't wait to pick it up again!

turnbuckle

New news means new post.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

Highlights -

Horardric Cube II to be in, which will allow Legendary item affixes to be ripped from their items and equippable in some fashion, as well as crafting material transmutation.

Furthermore regarding crafting, there won't be standard sub-70 materials, but there will be new Act-specific materials to be obtained from the Horardic Caches. We hope you've enjoyed your vacation from hunting for Reaper's Wraps materials and the like, and that you have ample inventory space to contain them all.

Difficulty Creep has been allowed, resulting in Torments 7 - 10 to now exist.

Also, general vagueness about new Legendary items and adjustments to monster XP values and status ailment tolerance (i.e. the same thing we do every patch).

---

I guess the main thing to do in preparation is to hang onto Legendaries which are currently interesting but useless, on the chance that they can become useful through the new Cube.

Good idea. Time to create some mules.

Hope they expand the stash and inventory one of these years.
Looking forward to the changes. I don't particularly enjoy doing Grifts, but I need something a bit more challenging and rewarding than Torment VI.

Good idea. Time to create some mules.

Hope they expand the stash and inventory one of these years.
Looking forward to the changes. I don't particularly enjoy doing Grifts, but I need something a bit more challenging and rewarding than Torment VI.

Same and looks like maybe running bounties will be viable again too. Should help me get those 500 done!

Recall

Just got the ps4 version after playing lots of the ps3 version. What should I be doing with my level 70 characters to get better gear or is it that pointless if I'm just playing by myself?

I tried searching for open grifts as I assume that's what I'm supposed to be doing but couldn't find any? Any help for a guy with mediocre 70's on what to do next? Cheers.

Just got the ps4 version after playing lots of the ps3 version. What should I be doing with my level 70 characters to get better gear or is it that pointless if I'm just playing by myself?

I tried searching for open grifts as I assume that's what I'm supposed to be doing but couldn't find any? Any help for a guy with mediocre 70's on what to do next? Cheers.

It's not pointless. The bootstrapping aspect of Diablo is a blast.

There's really no secret. I'd start by making sure your current gear is optimized. Depending on your class, there are craftable weapons and armor that can make a difference.

Don't ignore rare (yellow) items. I think a common new player mistake is thinking they're all crap, but you can wreck the early torment levels in an optimized set of yellow and crafted items.

Once you get optimized, get grinding. Upgrade a piece at a time and push toward T6, but don't step up too fast. Just because you can handle a torment level doesn't mean you should. If T6 takes 20 minutes, then you're still better off in T5.

Recall

Thanks. As I'm playing by myself should I be running bounties or rifts, or even greater rifts? (No idea yet where those are yet)

I have some pretty good gear on my crusader and I'm able to handle torment 1 at the moment but unclear which gear needs upgrading. I might post some pics later to see if any advice is available :)

You can run either rifts or greater rifts.

Popular opinion is that rifts are better for farming, but I feel it's close enough not to matter. Plus grifts have the added advantage of improving your legendary gems.

One thing to consider about torment levels is gold. Pairing a Boon of the Hoarder with a Goldwrap can making farming torment levels pretty easy. That's not possible in grifts because of the lack of gold.

Recall

Apologies for the fast and rough pics, just wanted to snap them before my kid awoke. What am I looking for In regards to better weapons? I guess I just need mats to help with my gear sets etc but unsure what better weapons there are (or do I just need the same but with better stats). Sorry for noob questions and thanks for your help.

h3ro

Apologies for the fast and rough pics, just wanted to snap them before my kid awoke. What am I looking for In regards to better weapons? I guess I just need mats to help with my gear sets etc but unsure what better weapons there are (or do I just need the same but with better stats). Sorry for noob questions and thanks for your help.
All you need is to get Akkhan's armor pieces and you can run Holy Shotgun Crusader! Really fun build that I used to run on my Crusader.

Krayzie

You should reroll socket to +10% dmg and smack a ramaladnis gift on it.
As for weapons, it depends on what build you want to run. The build monkey mentioned above played pretty well for most, though it didnt sit too well for me, nor did the condemn build.

I really enjoyed the rolands set (after the revamp). Loved how you had to maneuver strategically to make full use of the drakons bracers. For that build, optimum weapons would probably be :Blood brother, the furnace and the maximus in descending order.

Btw, if you need any sader specific gear or a ramaladnis gift, feel free to add me up @ krayzie_1988 if you're on ps4.

Recall

Thanks for the advice and I'll add you. I've ended up putting in several hours today just running rifts and greater rifts with randoms and it's been a joy to play.

I'm RecallBerserk on PS4

Frostburn

Name is US-Frostburn on PS4. After my save game corrupt I'm headed back to 70 on my main Barb, rough to loose so much progress and start over. Feel free to add me, normally I only play with my wife because of all the hacking but I would be down to play with Gaffers any time.

You should reroll socket to +10% dmg and smack a ramaladnis gift on it.
As for weapons, it depends on what build you want to run. The build monkey mentioned above played pretty well for most, though it didnt sit too well for me, nor did the condemn build.

I really enjoyed the rolands set (after the revamp). Loved how you had to maneuver strategically to make full use of the drakons bracers. For that build, optimum weapons would probably be :Blood brother, the furnace and the maximus in descending order.

Btw, if you need any sader specific gear or a ramaladnis gift, feel free to add me up @ krayzie_1988 if you're on ps4.

Running Rolands set too, not seen the Blood Brother drop yet though.... Oh well I'm sure it will turn up soon.

Frostburn

Anyone else still playing on PS4?

Just got my Barb geared for T2/T3 Rifts, been backing up to USB each time I finish playing lol. Sucks going back so far but oh well, drops of have been decent so far.

turnbuckle

Anyone else still playing on PS4?

Just got my Barb geared for T2/T3 Rifts, been backing up to USB each time I finish playing lol. Sucks going back so far but oh well, drops of have been decent so far.

I do, but sporadically. Basically only really late at night (EST) while staying up with the baby. I do regular rifts or bounties and don't wear a headset so I kind of suck for communicating. I normally use a pony crusader but hit a wall for progress and fun with that so I've been experimenting with DH and have a Barbarian too.

I don't really know how to play either class right now. I'm still too much in vanilla mode with both classes and been using what I've found to make a build around them. I can kinda sorta do T6 with my DH and am probably in the same range as you with my barb.

Go ahead and add me: Turnbuckle47
At the very least we'll be able to benefit from random gifts to each other :D

KAL2006

Banned
Just started playing this and I'm on Act 2 now. Quick question is the PS4 version still getting all the updated the PC version gets.

Phloxy

Quick question, any Xbox players who have wings that would be willing to trade with me? Don't really have much to offer in return.

new to D3 on PS4, played a ton before on 360. Feel free to add me!

PSN: BaphometsBlood

and a question: I am currently playing a crusader and laws don't seem to apply to phalanx anymore, is that correct? Using laws of valor with a bow phalanx and they don't seem to attack any faster (I think they did before in 2.0)

Wallach

Feel free to add me on PS4: WallachGAF

I don't really play multi on console but it's always nice to have more folks to exchange gift mail with.

IbukiLordSA

Anyone have the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set? I have a ton of Demon Hunter stuff that I can trade, want to start playing Monk, my Monk can clear gr34 which isn't bad considering I haven't touched the class in almost a year but really want to try the new set. Found 2 pieces of it last night.

Top Bottom