• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HORRORSHØW

soloed 57 with a whole five seconds to spare:

CDBLpiIWYAAdXD_.jpg:large

dog$

Hates quality gaming
If anyone would be so kind as to mail me an immortality scoundrel token, even if just to borrow for a bit, I'd appreciate it.

(Figuring him with a Windforce, the old standby combo, would be good enough.)

I want to get everyone to a 1000 shard limit and I don't feel like fishing for a good 50 that I can run without a meat shield of some kind.

h3ro

If anyone would be so kind as to mail me an immortality scoundrel token, even if just to borrow for a bit, I'd appreciate it.

(Figuring him with a Windforce, the old standby combo, would be good enough.)

I want to get everyone to a 1000 shard limit and I don't feel like fishing for a good 50 that I can run without a meat shield of some kind.

Just sent one over :)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The latest patch has basically given every class a new top end spec to shoot for.

At this rate, though, I fear it'll be no more than three more patches of this nature until we creep to GR 100 and ask what's next.

e: Well, so much for using Scoundrel and soloing. I think it's time for a break.

New002

Just hopped back into D3 on Xbox One and I'm hoping I can find some peeps to play with!

I play HC and main a WD (Paragon 218) and am currently farming T3 rifts. If anyone else wants to party up some time shoot me a PM with your GT :)

Thanks!

Edit:

Just cleared a rift. Didn't have room to pick up the shards. Went back to town, gambled for one weapon to make room...Ancient Starmetal Kukri o_O.

17254614636_4033de33d0_b.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Has anyone managed to do a full coop session with SharePlay?

I tried with a friend two days ago. I was the host, and created a new character to play with him, he joined as a guest (he made a demon hunter and I made a mage). We played together for the hour that Shareplay lasts (they expire after 1 hour but you can always just create new Shareplay sessions). We reached level 9 or 10, IIRC.

But after the hour passed and he got kicked out, when he rejoined my game, his character was gone. He was always just taken to the character creator/selector screen as soon as he rejoined and we couldn't find his level 9 demon hunter

I found this video that I didn't bother watching xD ('cause, 12 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY6KpinQcbg
But the description confirms that it doesn't save the guest's gameplay.

So I guess that's that, but the video is dated November 2014, and I wondered if maybe there was some other way to save his progress that we might have missed. If not, no big deal, he'll probably get the game anyway (shareplay would consume my bandwidth cap at some point too), but I was kind of curious.

Has anyone managed to do a full coop session with SharePlay?

I tried with a friend two days ago. I was the host, and created a new character to play with him, he joined as a guest (he made a demon hunter and I made a mage). We played together for the hour that Shareplay lasts (they expire after 1 hour but you can always just create new Shareplay sessions). We reached level 9 or 10, IIRC.

But after the hour passed and he got kicked out, when he rejoined my game, his character was gone. He was always just taken to the character creator/selector screen as soon as he rejoined and we couldn't find his level 9 demon hunter

I found this video that I didn't bother watching xD ('cause, 12 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY6KpinQcbg
But the description confirms that it doesn't save the guest's gameplay.

So I guess that's that, but the video is dated November 2014, and I wondered if maybe there was some other way to save his progress that we might have missed. If not, no big deal, he'll probably get the game anyway (shareplay would consume my bandwidth cap at some point too), but I was kind of curious.

Unlikely as the Shareplay function only ever uses a guest account that doesn't activate saves. As you can only play characters on your own account if the account has none saved it cannot load any in.

orochi91

Normal or ancient? cause I've got a few spare M6 pieces if you want, maybe not the best rolls but still.

Normal, but that dude has near perfect rolls (all 6 pieces) for my build and only for like $1 lol

I just hope I don't get banned from PSN :/

I got a couple pieces my self, but the rolls were absolutely miserable.

Pierate

Picked this up a week ago on the ps4, definitely prefer it over the PC version.
If anyone wants to add me, feel free to do so: CptPierate
Mostly play hardcore, but wouldn't mind making a softcore char to play with others.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Normal, but that dude has near perfect rolls (all 6 pieces) for my build and only for like $1 lol

I just hope I don't get banned from PSN :/

I got a couple pieces my self, but the rolls were absolutely miserable.

This would be no different from regular player trading in game mechanics, why would you get banned?

He's probably duping the items before giving a copy to you so he can keep the items for himself too.

derwalde

Just hopped back into D3 on Xbox One and I'm hoping I can find some peeps to play with!

I play HC and main a WD (Paragon 218) and am currently farming T3 rifts. If anyone else wants to party up some time shoot me a PM with your GT :)

Thanks!

Edit:

Just cleared a rift. Didn't have room to pick up the shards. Went back to town, gambled for one weapon to make room...Ancient Starmetal Kukri o_O.

This can't be real.SMK shouldnt exist.

New002

Thanks!

Edit:

Re-rolled it:

17108941327_d72d51de25.jpg

Paganmoon

Been farming T6 rifts the past few days and haven't seen a single ancient drop:(

Finally got my Natalya gloves (Kadala is much kinder nowdays, right?) so I can test out speedfarming though.

IvorB

So I bumped up to Torment 3 and even did a rift and everything went smoothly so I think T3 is under control. Gonna try T4 now. My lightning config is still doing the business. The best thing is: the more enemies there are the better since I can use lightning arcane orb to power up lighting meteor and black hole hits. But I think I want to switch it up soon. It's boring to play the wizard with the same skills for too long. I might try and put something together with elemental exposure as I haven't really used that yet.

Also I got plans for an "infernal machine" and one key. Still two keys missing though so I need to find them before I can build it. Can't wait to see what's on the other end of that. :)

Also realised I've been posting in the wrong Diablo OT up until now...

Paganmoon

Grimløck;162208150 said:
do you have the full set? it's great for speed farming and pushing grifts. much better than the UE set, imo.

Better than M6 too? Just noticed I'm still missing the legs to be able to run with the correct build and still have focus/restraint on, so back to farming with M6 for a bit.

And they really need to increase Stash size, 210 hasn't been enough since forever...

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I've been playing more online on PS4 recently and, while it's often enjoyable, I'm disappointed by how many people are using hacked items. It's always, "Wow, this is going so well!" followed by, "...Oh."

If there's anyone who still plays regularly, could you send me a PM with your PSNID so I can build a list of reliable players?

My chars are all pretty basic at the moment as I'm spending my time working towards the platinum and my WD main has been made out of date by all the updates, so I'd like your help bringing them all up to scratch!

HORRORSHØW

Better than M6 too? Just noticed I'm still missing the legs to be able to run with the correct build and still have focus/restraint on, so back to farming with M6 for a bit.

And they really need to increase Stash size, 210 hasn't been enough since forever...
yes, definitely better than m6. with the introduction of 2.2 i would rank n6>UE>m6 in terms of pushing grifts. the essential piece to n6 (besides having the full set) is the new belt, crashing rain (up to 4000% RoV damage).

WizzNARD

I've been playing more online on PS4 recently and, while it's often enjoyable, I'm disappointed by how many people are using hacked items. It's always, "Wow, this is going so well!" followed by, "...Oh."

If there's anyone who still plays regularly, could you send me a PM with your PSNID so I can build a list of reliable players?

My chars are all pretty basic at the moment as I'm spending my time working towards the platinum and my WD main has been made out of date by all the updates, so I'd like your help bringing them all up to scratch!

I know. I was out of town for a week and had a friend house sitting. I come home to discover that I have a paragon level of 900! I was like "wow, he really played D3 a lot...", which he did, but with people with hacked equipment.

It is kinda cool to have a level that high, helps when making a new toon, but man, it feels a little dirty too. Nothing to really do about it now, didn't think to mention to not do that. I guess I should've just set up a new account fo rhim, but didn't think it would be an issue.

I'd send a friend request, but I'm on XBO. Anyone on there feel free to add me, GT same as GAF name.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I know. I was out of town for a week and had a friend house sitting. I come home to discover that I have a paragon level of 900! I was like "wow, he really played D3 a lot...", which he did, but with people with hacked equipment.

It is kinda cool to have a level that high, helps when making a new toon, but man, it feels a little dirty too. Nothing to really do about it now, didn't think to mention to not do that. I guess I should've just set up a new account fo rhim, but didn't think it would be an issue.

I'd send a friend request, but I'm on XBO. Anyone on there feel free to add me, GT same as GAF name.
I had a similar experience. Before I even realised hacked equipment was a problem (I started with PC Diablo) a player dropped a weapon for me. I equipped it as soon as I killed something my paragon level jumped by 50 levels.

I felt so insulted I deleted my save and redownloaded an old one off PS+. It's a shame we have to choose between online only and hacked equipment, I'm honestly not sure which is the lesser evil.

New002

Belt of Transcendence is INSANE. Finally gambled one and swapped out my Witching Hour. I was concerned about the 120k paper dps hit, but there was no need to be concerned. I am mowing through enemies. It's crazy.

Raxus

Just cleared a 41 rift solo. Pretty proud of myself. I am at the point I just need skill points and ancient items to fill out my character.

Any Demon Hunters wanna give me some advice. What is better, Rain of Vengence Build or Multishot rockets? Multishot rockets is working pretty well for me so far with nearly 1 billion crits in a non optimal state.

HORRORSHØW

Just cleared a 41 rift solo. Pretty proud of myself. I am at the point I just need skill points and ancient items to fill out my character.

Any Demon Hunters wanna give me some advice. What is better, Rain of Vengence Build or Multishot rockets? Multishot rockets is working pretty well for me so far with nearly 1 billion crits in a non optimal state.
at this point in time do what works for you until you accumulate better gear. all things being optimal, i would personally rank n6 above UE. i've cleared 54 with UE; i've cleared 59 with n6. i think my UE build has 600K more sheet DPS, too.

CD9PEUGVAAAVO2t.jpg:large

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It's a shame we have to choose between online only and hacked equipment, I'm honestly not sure which is the lesser evil.
My vote is for the latter, without hesitation.

Online Only - Your game may lag at any and all times of play, even if playing single player, and when Battle.net is down you cannot play at all. Both of these things directly affect how you play the game and are fully beyond your control.

Hacked Items - You can't control other people ruining their game (in as much as one may consider it "ruining the game") by using them, so there's no point in concerning yourself with it. As long as you have the self-restraint to not use them and not play with anyone else who uses them, they practically don't exist.

Laconic

Banned
So... I was playing with the idea of returning to this game.

Can I use my old save files still, considering it went through a patch?

I flash drive-d 'em.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The game puts up a screen which informs you that your save data is based on the old patch and will only be usable with the new patch if you continue.

maomaoIYP

Grimløck;162448663 said:
at this point in time do what works for you until you accumulate better gear. all things being optimal, i would personally rank n6 above UE. i've cleared 54 with UE; i've cleared 59 with n6. i think my UE build has 600K more sheet DPS, too.[/IMG]

HOLY SHIT.
I've managed to get up to only 39 with my sorceress, with the new armor set that was just patched in no less. 59 is insane.

Krayzie

Incoming weekend buff event.
Current gen event has really piqued my interest. Better be something good.

"Heads up, heroes. To celebrate the third anniversary of Diablo III, all players who log into Ultimate Evil Edition from May 15 to May 21 will receive a temporary in-game buff!

To learn which buff applies to your platform of choice, read on below.

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360:

Double your adventuring profits! For a limited time, enjoy a +100% bonus to EXP and Gold! This bonus will stack with other existing bonuses in the game including (but not limited to) those provided by items, shrines, and Pools of Reflection.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:

We've always said there is no cow level, and you should really beeflieve us by now. Beware strange encounters and even stranger portals that may be left behind. For moo-re information, read our full advisory here.

These events begin in all regions Friday, May 15, at 12:00 a.m. PDT and will end Thursday, May 21, at 11:59 p.m. PDT. For time zone assistance, please visit: http://everytimezone.com/

*Buffs apply to Ultimate Evil Edition only."

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17347446246#1

Incoming weekend buff event.
Current gen event has really piqued my interest. Better be something good.

"Heads up, heroes. To celebrate the third anniversary of Diablo III, all players who log into Ultimate Evil Edition from May 15 to May 21 will receive a temporary in-game buff!

To learn which buff applies to your platform of choice, read on below.

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360:

Double your adventuring profits! For a limited time, enjoy a +100% bonus to EXP and Gold! This bonus will stack with other existing bonuses in the game including (but not limited to) those provided by items, shrines, and Pools of Reflection.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:

We've always said there is no cow level, and you should really beeflieve us by now. Beware strange encounters and even stranger portals that may be left behind. For moo-re information, read our full advisory here.

These events begin in all regions Friday, May 15, at 12:00 a.m. PDT and will end Thursday, May 21, at 11:59 p.m. PDT. For time zone assistance, please visit: http://everytimezone.com/

*Buffs apply to Ultimate Evil Edition only."

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17347446246#1

That explains me finding the cow level seemingly at random today. Gained 3 levels with it. Nice.

Top Bottom