• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I'm not a guidelet

Given that you feel that one of the strongest classes in the game isn't viable. . .perhaps you do? If at some point the synergies present aren't presenting themselves, you might have to swallow the pride and say "Okay, what am I missing about this class?"

You're playing the game correctly 👌 People rushing through missing 70% of the fantastic world and characters Blizz created just to reach the "endgame" is silly, the game isn't going anywhere. I think I was 25+ hours until I moved on from Act 1, still hadn't found/done everything though I got every side quest/stronghold down.

. . .or, they'd rather not burn out on the expansive, but still finite, content on a single character. And it is clearly as BLIZZARD intended given the psuedo-nonlinearity of the games story progression.

Fools idol

Banned
Yeah, I like that approach too. No fucking around. That being said, hardcore is definitely not for me though.

I'm doing it for my first playthrough and it adds a layer of intensity and strategy that you obviously don't get from normal runs. Everything I do has to be a bit more careful...

The anxiety going into a new dungeon is akin to the fear of running back to get your 100k of Souls lost in Dark Souls for example. Def an quired taste but one you should give a shot.

GenericUser

Given that you feel that one of the strongest classes in the game isn't viable. . .perhaps you do? If at some point the synergies present aren't presenting themselves, you might have to swallow the pride and say "Okay, what am I missing about this class?"
The game is only a few days old, I don't need to "get" everything right away. I'm in no rush. It does not have to do anything with "pride", it's just more fun to find out things on my own. I have no pride.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The game is only a few days old, I don't need to "get" everything right away. I'm in no rush. It does not have to do anything with "pride", it's just more fun to find out things on my own. I have no pride.

I mean, you said the Sorc. was "Meh" which means - despite the game only being a few days old - you feel like you "get" the Sorc. enough to criticize the class. All folks are saying is that the class isn't bad and that even a simple "How does this class play" guide would be beneficial (note, this doesn't mean you netdeck someone build, simply that you - having played the class to 32 and finding it lackluster - read up on the class to see if there's something you might be missing).

GenericUser

I mean, you said the Sorc. was "Meh" which means - despite the game only being a few days old - you feel like you "get" the Sorc. enough to criticize the class. All folks are saying is that the class isn't bad and that even a simple "How does this class play" guide would be beneficial (note, this doesn't mean you netdeck someone build, simply that you - having played the class to 32 and finding it lackluster - read up on the class to see if there's something you might be missing).
Nah, I think we talked past each other. I was just messing around with the sorc and tried a few things and then in shitposted on gaf because things didn't work out like I wanted them to. Don't take me too serious. Have fun! I'm going home now, firing up the xbox, farming dungeon affixes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone else having this issue once a while where the game logic just stops like a bout of latency for a few seconds then everything resumes ?

I had t hat today in the middle of combat and when it 'resumed', I was instantly dead -_-

Antwix

Just an fyi for my fellow ice shard sorcs out there : ice shards by itself doesn't actually chill. Found this out a while back but going back to playing the betas and such, I always just assumed it did. I think(?) it's the only cold skill that doesn't chill. Just thought I'd post it since I've been wracking my brain on the best paragon pathing and there's a few node clusters that do +dmg to chilled enemies in addition to kinda min/maxing weapon selection with the +dmg to chilled enemies affix. Still not a bad affix to have since frost nova is used so much or if you use frost bolt enchantment.

On a happier note, finally got one of my glyphs to +15 to increase the radius :)

Anyone else having this issue once a while where the game logic just stops like a bout of latency for a few seconds then everything resumes ?

I had t hat today in the middle of combat and when it 'resumed', I was instantly dead -_-
I actually have a similar issue on PC. I'm not sure if it's the game or my GPU (6700xt). My game's "image" will freeze but my keyboard/mouse still work (even though the mouse cursor is still frozen on screen). Like I can hit the esc key or C key to bring up the character/inventory and I can hear the sound effect of the menu so the game is still running fine. Just the whole image is completely frozen. I can alt+tab out and alt+tab in to fix it but it gets real dicey when it happens in the middle of a big fight especially in a nightmare dungeon.

Freeman76

At level 61 whats a good way to get better gear cos im kinda stuck. I can handle nightmare dungeons up to level 10 but struggle beyond that, and in 3 hours of farming them i havent found a single upgrade. Anything else i have tried drops low level crap as well. Kind of annoying really in a Diablo game

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Just solo’d the Helltide boss in T3 and boy is it not worth the time lol. I could have opened one of the 175 chests and be on my way to the second in the time it took and the pay-off is straight up garbage, no wonder everyone ignores him 🤣. At least give me 75 shards or unlock a random box or something…it was something like two rares, 8 shards and some mats….the guy even has the nerve to run at the last chunk of health like he actually has something useful to live for 😂.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So, after playing the game for the last two weeks. . .the "verticality" of the game world was just bullshit right? Like there are places where you can move between "levels", but like in the first gameplay trailer with the barbarian leaping from off a cliff. . .that's not possible right (or is there a Barbarian ability that would let you do this)?

Likely network desync: while you were frozen, the game wasn't (of course) and your game quickly catching up to get back in sync is likely what you were experiencing. As non-dumpster fire as this launch has been, there is still quite a few flies in the ointment that are CLEARLY only here because of the shared world aspect of the game. And I will admit, seeing other players in towns and during Helltide events or randomly in some corner of the world does make the game feel "lived in" and the actual interaction with other players is largely non-existent outside obvious social activities.

Antwix

At level 61 whats a good way to get better gear cos im kinda stuck. I can handle nightmare dungeons up to level 10 but struggle beyond that, and in 3 hours of farming them i havent found a single upgrade. Anything else i have tried drops low level crap as well. Kind of annoying really in a Diablo game
Helltides are quite good especially for targeted gear

adamsapple

So, after playing the game for the last two weeks. . .the "verticality" of the game world was just bullshit right? Like there are places where you can move between "levels", but like in the first gameplay trailer with the barbarian leaping from off a cliff. . .that's not possible right (or is there a Barbarian ability that would let you do this)?

Likely network desync: while you were frozen, the game wasn't (of course) and your game quickly catching up to get back in sync is likely what you were experiencing. As non-dumpster fire as this launch has been, there is still quite a few flies in the ointment that are CLEARLY only here because of the shared world aspect of the game. And I will admit, seeing other players in towns and during Helltide events or randomly in some corner of the world does make the game feel "lived in" and the actual interaction with other players is largely non-existent outside obvious social activities.

I really wish they had a genuine offline mode.

As far as launches of big online centric games go, this is incredibly smooth. But I've had at least 4, 5 network disconnects in my 20 hours of game yet. Yes, I know it sounds like I'm whining over a small thing but when you're in the flow and ass deep in a dungeon, a network disconnect is a real buzzkill and makes you wanna put the game down for a while.

Shodai

My opinion after about 80 hours:

1. Enjoyable as a traditional game with a defined start and end.
2. At end-game, as an arpg, it's as deep as a puddle.

Overall, my feeling is that I got my moneys worth. At this point in my life I do not have the drive I used to to grind for week after week. On top of so many quality games out the past year, with many to release imminently, I am happy to move on to additional experiences and check back in the future.

Mossybrew

I really wish the left trigger could be a shift for the face buttons to add more usable skills ... but I guess the limitation is part of the balance or whatever.

I really wish they had a genuine offline mode.

As far as launches of big online centric games go, this is incredibly smooth. But I've had at least 4, 5 network disconnects in my 20 hours of game yet. Yes, I know it sounds like I'm whining over a small thing but when you're in the flow and ass deep in a dungeon, a network disconnect is a real buzzkill and makes you wanna put the game down for a while.
The constant lag and rubber banding is killer.

This has 100% killed people on hardcore

Finally ran into The Butcher again. Only ran into him once in the beta where he promptly murdered me, but this time I melted him lol. My Rogue damage is absurd right now, loving it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally ran into The Butcher again. Only ran into him once in the beta where he promptly murdered me, but this time I melted him lol. My Rogue damage is absurd right now, loving it.
I've only encountered him once in the full version, in the very first dungeon I entered. I was level 5 or so, and he absolutely destroyed me almost instantly.

I hope I can find that fucker again at some point, and turn him into fresh meat.

Fools idol

Banned
My opinion after about 80 hours:

1. Enjoyable as a traditional game with a defined start and end.
2. At end-game, as an arpg, it's as deep as a puddle.

Overall, my feeling is that I got my moneys worth. At this point in my life I do not have the drive I used to to grind for week after week. On top of so many quality games out the past year, with many to release imminently, I am happy to move on to additional experiences and check back in the future.

haven't got to late game myself yet but for that late game complexity and depth we will have to wait for PoE 2.

adamsapple

Everyone's posting their cool bad ass looking armors, meanwhile I'm running around in a turban lol

6-12-2023_9-04-45_pm-vocoi.png

MastAndo

The theme that plays while mucking around Kyovashad is my jam. I sing along to it while I'm greeting strangers in the hub area and accidentally salvaging important gear;

adamsapple

Quick question for people playing Barbarian.

Does the Duelist ultimate passive work for dual wielding ?

Its description says attack speed is increased while using one-handed weapons.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

I've only encountered him once in the full version, in the very first dungeon I entered. I was level 5 or so, and he absolutely destroyed me almost instantly.

I hope I can find that fucker again at some point, and turn him into fresh meat.

Samesies -- he destroyed me as like a lvl 10 or so melee rogue. I stood no chance.

Would like to encounter him now at lvl 50, just to see how it goes.
I only saw him once in beta as well, haven't gotten him down yet.

Braag

Just solo’d the Helltide boss in T3 and boy is it not worth the time lol. I could have opened one of the 175 chests and be on my way to the second in the time it took and the pay-off is straight up garbage, no wonder everyone ignores him 🤣. At least give me 75 shards or unlock a random box or something…it was something like two rares, 8 shards and some mats….the guy even has the nerve to run at the last chunk of health like he actually has something useful to live for 😂.

I think it's put there for noobs to waste their time there. I mean you have only an hour to farm for shards and open chests. Anyone who knows better wont stop to fight the boss in helltide as it has a massive health pool, jumps around constantly and uses very annoying attacks to bring your offensive capabilities down. In the end, the reward is same as a normal helltide miniboss.

dorkimoe

Where do people learn all the nerd diablo shit? Im making a rogue and I am following a leveling guide just to make sure i dont build something stupid, but i see people talking about all sorts of gear and stat specific items on Reddit and I have no idea where to even start. Like how do i know what I need to roll or not roll when changing stats on an item? What gems do i want where etc.

Blackage

So what's Diablo's later game like exactly? I beat the game at level 45, grinded some dungeons and unlocked Tier 3, then decided to do Renoun stuff got all the Waypoints, Strongholds and Alters, I'm almost done with that, got bored and unlocked Tier 4 @ like 62 which just made everything in the world 73(Nicer drops though now!). I'm wondering what to do when I run out of renoun? I kinda like having a purpose while I'm getting exp as opposed to just grinding exp for the sake of grinding exp.

Mikado

Dude had blue lock icons on a bunch of his gear... I assumed that was like the opposite of marking as Junk? I thought that wasn't implemented for this game yet.
Edit: Maybe I was thinking Last Epoch? - I've been on a bit of an ARPG Early Access bender lately and I may have mixed them up hah

Last edited:

GenericUser

Dude had blue lock icons on a bunch of his gear... I assumed that was like the opposite of marking as Junk? I thought that wasn't implemented for this game yet.
Edit: Maybe I was thinking Last Epoch? - I've been on a bit of an ARPG Early Access bender lately and I may have mixed them up hah
Isn't that the icon for gear that you can't wear yet, because your do not meet the level requirements?

Top Bottom