• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
The didn’t nerf the “blizzard ball” build for sorc. Gotta find the gear (like all sorc builds) but it’s a beast.

I haven’t played Druid since release that trek to 100 on release was rough.

Last edited:

Vyse

Gold Member
I started a Rogue this week and already into world 4 and in the mid 70s. Speed leveling is insane.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Whoever is responsible for balance on the D4 team is clearly incompetent.

I dunno if I'd go that far. I think they're just being cautious and not wanting to overcorrect. They still have some time until the patch actually hits to tweak a few more numbers.

Zathalus

I dunno if I'd go that far. I think they're just being cautious and not wanting to overcorrect. They still have some time until the patch actually hits to tweak a few more numbers.
They buffed flay which already hits in the billions and they gave Sorcerer's more sources of damage reduction when they already have the ability to make themselves immortal via flame shield. Looking at the wider picture on Sorcerer's for a moment and it's still amazing to me that things like Fireball and Meteor are still trash despite the game being out for a year. The balance team clearly has no idea what they are doing. Maybe if they actually communicate and take PTR balancing seriously they wouldn't be in this situation.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
They buffed flay which already hits in the billions and they gave Sorcerer's more sources of damage reduction when they already have the ability to make themselves immortal via flame shield. Looking at the wider picture on Sorcerer's for a moment and it's still amazing to me that things like Fireball and Meteor are still trash despite the game being out for a year. The balance team clearly has no idea what they are doing. Maybe if they actually communicate and take PTR balancing seriously they wouldn't be in this situation.

True some of the changes might not make sense right now, but it might become clearer during the season 5 PTR

DavidGzz

Went back to some D3 tonight and I think it's still the best game in the genre for pure fun. Inna monk with In-geom in the cube is just too good. We need in-geom in D4.

Braag

Well after skipping last season entirely, my mates got me to try this season out. I went with Frozen Orb Sorc, got all the recommended gear for him and upgraded all the glyphs in use to 21. Started doing The pit, upgraded all my gear to level 4 and half of my gear to level 8. Max level Pit I managed to do was 60 cause the final boss is crazy hard. I usually grind level 55 for upgrade materials.
At this point I'm so freaking sick of the pit that I really wanted to do something else. I tried doing Tormented Andariel and completely got my ass handed to me. I tried Tormented Grigoire and simply didn't have enough DPS to get him down until he slowly yet surely kills me. I usually run out of potions.

This season was pretty good, the itemization is much better imo, but I think I'm done with it. We'll see what next season brings.

splattered

My heat seeker rogue can clear about pit 60 right now... still need to masterwork some gear and craft a blast trapper ring for bosses but I still feel kinda weak. Fun but braindead build

Zheph

Pity that sorcerer build is extremely hard to gear for. You need GA CDR rolls and then masterwork hit all of them. And hope you don't brick them while tempering either.
I have done it and it's not exactly thrilling to play either alto the super quick teleport is nice

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think you'll like it. I'm having fun ignoring all the mechanics that I used to have to worry about as a necro lol.
I actually enjoy sorc and Barb the most in current meta.

Had the most fun with these. On launch I enjoyed rogue and Druid most.

Necro has never clicked for me here. Just feels like they are stuck in molasses.

Zheph

Dunno…I pushed past floor 60 or so. It was fun, it not* as good as fire bolt builds this season but was a nice change of pace.

Going to roll a barb of all things when I’m back later in the week.
Yeah I was more thinking about 110+ for the pit. 60 is close to what you do in NMD in terms of monster levels

cormack12

Gold Member
I tried a barrage rogue and it just felt like a less fun version of demon hunter in D3. The shadow imbuement AoE was decent though

Mossybrew

I finally tried a Barb since it was the one class I had barely played. I was kinda meh at first but it just kept getting better, I think I'm 60-something now and the character is an absolute beast. Great survivability.

Zheph

Ok so Blizzard deffo fucked up it seems to be working decently, my friend got a very good haul of uber

of course i got almost fuck all, just one right at the end

Eyes Omg GIF

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
No ubers for me yet though, but it is true that for some reason now, Tormented Zir drops a shit ton of loot. Nearly my entire inventory is full after one run. If anything, it's a great way to make money by selling all the trash.

If anyone wants to do Zir runs, I can carry you. Just lemme know either in this thread, DM, or in game via the clan chat.

Man this game is great. Idk anything about the monetization or how it was at launch but two of my kids and I have been playing on GamePass and it’s just loads of fun. There’s so much though, seems I need to watch a lot of YouTube to understand it. I’m a level 35 sorcerer. Apparently it’s the weakest class in the game if what I read is correct.

Early on you get that mission to help a woman find her mother who went into a cave with Lilith. Is that woman the woman from the expansion trailer who has her arms split into three?

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Man this game is great. Idk anything about the monetization or how it was at launch but two of my kids and I have been playing on GamePass and it’s just loads of fun. There’s so much though, seems I need to watch a lot of YouTube to understand it. I’m a level 35 sorcerer. Apparently it’s the weakest class in the game if what I read is correct.

Early on you get that mission to help a woman find her mother who went into a cave with Lilith. Is that woman the woman from the expansion trailer who has her arms split into three?
LOL at sorc being weakest. Maybe on release. But now?

Make sure you’re reading things posted within the last week or so.

If you need guides check out max roll and pick a leveling guide. Then when you hit 50+ get into end game guides if you want to optimize.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Don't worry about what is the strongest and weakest class when you're only level 35. From level 1 to level 100, and even into the early end-game, all classes are pretty much the same in terms of power level. It's only when you get to the end-end-game that you realize that certain classes have specific ways to really scale up their damage in ways that other classes just can't, which makes for about an order of magnitude difference in damage output. However, that doesn't matter until you decide to tackle hard content where the enemies have an order of magnitude more health.

Generally speaking, yes, Sorcerer is one of the weaker classes, but that weakness is only apparent at endgame, and even then, it's not that bad. It's just that other classes have potentially much more damage output. Paradoxically, the Sorcerer is also the most "powerful" class because there is one build that is currently the record holder highest Pit tier clear solo, but the gear requirements for that build are out of reach for most casual players.

At level 35, Sorcerer is a lot of fun to play, so keep having fun.

That's the one. Leah 2.0, I call her.

splattered

Ive had a TON of fun this season up until I had to start the journey from full +8 to +12 masterwork gear. I just cannot take running the pit like 30 times for every single piece of gear plus possibly more if I need rerolled etc. Hate to say it but about done with this season already. Was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted though.

Hrk69

I'm having trouble understanding why I can't move after I used evade with my sorcerer

It lasts 1 or 2 seconds but it's basically ruining the game

Is this something in my build?

Nevermind. Apparently it has been a bug for multiple seasons now.

Time to uninstall the game I guess. There is no way of fixing this myself.

What a fucking waste of time this has been. Never playing it again.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Lotta malding going on in the Necromancer community right now, and after reading through the patch notes thoroughly and thinking through the consequences, yes I agree it's justified.

Top Bottom