• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

amigastar

I always wanna play Diablo 4 but then again i don't know if i will stick to it.
Question to you guys, How's the game now. Is it fun?

Zathalus

How are those PTR notes even real? Buffs to Barbarian again and nerfs to Sorcerer and Druid again.

Are the developers really this bad at balancing?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How are those PTR notes even real? Buffs to Barbarian again and nerfs to Sorcerer and Druid again.

Are the developers really this bad at balancing?

I have a feeling that they are only testing these changes out on mid-game to early-end game situations. Up until Pit 60, these changes don't really mean much. However, past that, the power discrepancies are really obvious, and the only way they can really miss that is if they either aren't aiming to test that, or don't care.

Craziest thing in those notes might be that you can now use a potion while crowd controlled. If you can really use a potion while frozen or feared that significantly increases survivability during those oh shit moments, and makes having an unstoppable skill on stand by not as important.

xVodevil

I always wanna play Diablo 4 but then again i don't know if i will stick to it.
Question to you guys, How's the game now. Is it fun?
While I pretty much understand the problems brought up at launch I still enjoyed it ever since for few hundred hours now. However clearly the game is in far far better state at this point after blasting for 2 weeks now in S4.
I'd safely say it is great fun for what it is, jumping in for a few weeks for each new season. With that said it is also clear nothing will ever bring back the good old D2 battle.net experience, simply those were different times, with far less games on the market trying to grab our attention and playtime.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
This is my first season despite bought the game at launch.

I gotta say coming fresh for S4 is totally a blast! I think I clocked about 200 hours in 3 weeks, lol. It's really a good summer break game where you spent hours grinding and hours more building your character, the progress made is quite satisfying.

I know it is very late now but if folks need help like Lilith kill, feel free to hit me up!

6Pzfqwg.jpeg

Couple of noob questions

My character is 92, I seem to have hit an item power of 925 and nothing gets hunger or better. Is this the cap or does it get more powerful as you level up more or play higher nightmare dungeons?

Are the dungeons the endgame content or is it “pits”? Never done a pit.

I breezed through the season pass but I am on the free tier. Is there anything cool if I buy the premium or is it all cosmetic? It seems cosmetics but I haven’t looked deeply. Also, I assume the battle pass in this game works like others where the premium currency you use to buy it is unlocked through the pass so you can buy the next one?

Some of these I could easily check in game but Spectrum is down right now 😭

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
My character is 92, I seem to have hit an item power of 925 and nothing gets hunger or better. Is this the cap or does it get more powerful as you level up more or play higher nightmare dungeons?
925 is the cap, but you should enable the advanced comparison and advanced item stats in the game's settings, you will see the min and max power of each affixes and aspect of items, thus you will be able to see if the value you got for each affix is better or not than another 925 item.
Also, you should encounter items with stars on affixes, it's what we call a greater affix, it's a capped affix but with an even better value than the max possible.
End game items can also include uniques and uber uniques depending on you class (uber have all affixes to the max, no min/max brackets), those items can also have greater affixes.

Are the dungeons the endgame content or is it “pits”? Never done a pit.
Dungeons are the endgame content until you max out your glyphs, but they can also drop you some good items and materials if you run out of it to upgrade items.
The pit drops some materials at the end to masterwork your items, to make them more powerful, so it's an endgame thing until you max all your stuff and are happy with it.
Uber bosses also are endgame content if you want a better chance to find an uber unique.

I breezed through the season pass but I am on the free tier. Is there anything cool if I buy the premium or is it all cosmetic? It seems cosmetics but I haven’t looked deeply. Also, I assume the battle pass in this game works like others where the premium currency you use to buy it is unlocked through the pass so you can buy the next one?
Premium stuff in the season pass is mostly cosmetic, for you gear, weapons, emotes, portals, horse.
It also gives 750 platinum I think, the pass is 1000 so it does not allow to unlock the next one fully.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
LEARN THE WAYS OF THE SPIRITBORN
LEARN THE WAYS OF THE SPIRITBORN
An entirely new class is coming to Diablo® IV.

Prepare to meet the Spiritborn, a new apex predator coming to Sanctuary in Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred™. Forged in the mystical jungles of Nahantu, they harness ancient spirits and unmatched power.

While the Spiritborn Class remains shrouded in mystery, all shall be revealed on July 18 at 11am PT. Tune in on the Diablo YouTube, Twitch, and X channels to watch the Spiritborn Class Reveal live, where the team will take an in-depth look to learn more about this groundbreaking Class.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Kinda feels like an amalgamation of necro, druid and sorc. The only issue I have when they release new classes is everyone running it lol, like an army of clones.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
IS that the expansion area? Thats miniscule if so
I think it is actually quite large. The zoom level they are showing here is WAY further out than the one you can get in the currenty game. The southern (visible) section looks very dense. Here is the current max zoom out on the PC version of D4's map I just snapped:
cyFZI8N.jpeg

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think it is actually quite large. The zoom level they are showing here is WAY further out than the one you can get in the currenty game. The southern (visible) section looks very dense. Here is the current max zoom out on the PC version of D4's map I just snapped:
cyFZI8N.jpeg
Seems scale to me.

Expansion better have many vertical layers because that’s a tiny ass geography.

Arsic

They said it's denser than the other regions in terms of content but actual land mass, it is about the same size as Scosglen.
Yeah that’s tiny.

Quality over quantity I hope but I’m not expecting it.

Class looked “ok.” Immortal got way better classes.

These guys can’t stop catching Ls.

Antwix

Yeah that’s tiny.

Quality over quantity I hope but I’m not expecting it.

Class looked “ok.” Immortal got way better classes.

These guys can’t stop catching Ls.
I just hope it follows the same path as previous Diablos where every expansion made the game significantly better. Well, D2 and D3 at least. I was like a toddler back then, but I remember D1 Hellfire being pretty bad.

Arsic

I just hope it follows the same path as previous Diablos where every expansion made the game significantly better. Well, D2 and D3 at least. I was like a toddler back then, but I remember D1 Hellfire being pretty bad.
Idk.

Things we know:

Base game team launched with issues

Even numbered season team are bad asses that make good content everytime.

Odd team needs to be fired.

—-

So who helped make this expansion? If it’s a combo of base game and odd team? We are fucked.

amigastar

Just got a question
How's the item progression in Diablo 4? I mean is there a need for yellow items or does it focus on Legendary and Unique items after some time, i mean the optimal gameplay loop would be yellow item then a better Legendary and then after some time the yellow item draws level with the old Legendary and so forth.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Just got a question
How's the item progression in Diablo 4? I mean is there a need for yellow items or does it focus on Legendary and Unique items after some time, i mean the optimal gameplay loop would be yellow item then a better Legendary and then after some time the yellow item draws level with the old Legendary and so forth.

Yellow items become obsolete around level 25, and the only time they become somewhat useful again is the first time you have to replace your gear with sacred and ancestral items.

Top Bottom