• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

j0hnnix

I love your profile pic! Can't wait for part 3!

All Hallows Eve Wtf GIF by Signature Entertainment

Don't want to derail but T3 is going to be a banger. October 11th!

amigastar

I have a problem. I just wanted to jump into D4 but i can't move my character or use skills. Is there anyone with the same problem?
Edit: nvm restarting the game and disconnect my Controller did the trick.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Have a glitch where I activate a nightmare dungeon but the dungeon is not showing up on the map. I had to google the entrance to two different dungeons, even when I was close it wasn't showing up on the map. Anyone else?

Edit: This and many other glitches have been fixed.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
infernal hordes are actually sick. nmd continues to be a drag though. i hope they have another activity to do to get glyph xp

Yup. I'm glad they listened to us complaining about how they were in the PTR.

On the other hand, we've been complaining about NMD since launch :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Scary_Larry

Neo Member
A few questions. I never quite finished the campaign, do I need to complete it in order to access this season?

Also, is this season worth coming back to? Got a few games in my backlog right now.

Antwix

A few questions. I never quite finished the campaign, do I need to complete it in order to access this season?

Also, is this season worth coming back to? Got a few games in my backlog right now.
If you're close to the end of the campaign, id just finish it up real quick on eternal realm. You obviously need to make a new character so skipping the campaign will get you right into it. I think the seasons great. The highlight this season is infernal hordes which will only unlock at world tier 3/4. You'll get there is no time though.

It's too bad the frozen orbs from the frozen orb enchantment doesn't proc Fractured Winterglass.
You doing that lightning spear / frozen orb build? I might try that soon. I found a decent roll fractured winterglass.

cormack12

Gold Member
Just hit level 62, what's the quickest way to powerlevel now? I don't really wanna neglect the glyph xp

Run infernal hordes:nmd at 5:1 with xp potion, or just run helltides?

Antwix

Just hit level 62, what's the quickest way to powerlevel now? I don't really wanna neglect the glyph xp

Run infernal hordes:nmd at 5:1 with xp potion, or just run helltides?
As far as I know, infernal hordes is the best at almost everything; leveling, gear/aspects in general, even masterworking mats (in the higher tiers only tho)

Except glyph xp obviously or if you're trying to target farm a specific item(s). So to answer your question, probably the first one.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You doing that lightning spear / frozen orb build? I might try that soon. I found a decent roll fractured winterglass.

Not currently. I killed Grigore until I got another Staff of Rage so that I could get my fireball spam build back online. I did get a fractured winterglass too, however, so I'm going to play around with conjurations later.

SunnySideGuy

Neo Member
Is there some sort of video or something I can watch as someone who played and finished the game at launch, did some Helltide and dungeons during season 1 but haven't played since?

Mortisfacio

Finally diving in. Looks like all classes got better, but druids still look to be the worst overall. Think I'm going to go Rogue. I went druid at launch (S0) then Rogue > Necro > Barb > Sorc. Was going to repeat the cycle, but I'd like to be a more OP spec. Barrage and Anduriel rogue look broken.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks like I found the issue and there's no more BSODs since.

The game uses over 6GBs of VRAM (on top of around ~6 without RT and hi-res textures - didn't download them just in case this time) with max RT shadows alone and BSODs were related to lack of VRAM which is BS and no other game does that - even RE4R at first just crashed to desktop and that was it.

I can't believe this is still not fixed, there must be at worst performance degradation cuz of the use of much slower RAM to compinsate lack of VRAM, but not BSODs ffs:messenger_pouting:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
So the past few seasons I have noticed an issue with activating skills. (PC...K&M controls)
Sorc for example, I can POUND on the key for teleport but it will not always activate. I thought it was an animation cool down/cancel issue but I have also had this issue with a Druid and Necro character.

Anyone else notice or have this issue? This season it is very bad, I have changed keyboards, and tried out different rigs entirely but I have the same issue which makes me believe it is either a bud or something about skill use I don't understand (ruled out bad hardware).

Antwix

So the past few seasons I have noticed an issue with activating skills. (PC...K&M controls)
Sorc for example, I can POUND on the key for teleport but it will not always activate. I thought it was an animation cool down/cancel issue but I have also had this issue with a Druid and Necro character.

Anyone else notice or have this issue? This season it is very bad, I have changed keyboards, and tried out different rigs entirely but I have the same issue which makes me believe it is either a bud or something about skill use I don't understand (ruled out bad hardware).
Yeah it's something to do with either the servers (some sort of lag maybe?) or just something conflicting with an animation like you said. I've had it happen here and there. I always double/triple tap to get spells like teleport/frostnova/etc out.

Antwix

Any info how long will be the expansion story?
Don't think so. I'm sure there will be campfire chats and promo stuff coming soon but I would guess like 4 hours or so. It's one additional region which is similar to the other regions in size. Looks more dense than the other regions, but I wouldn't expect some 10+ hour campaign.

draliko

Sadly this is still the loneliest multiplayer game I've played, wish it was easier to do random co-op, other than that the pet is truly a nice addition, and the season journey is a bit more enjoyable this time

DavidGzz

I'm ready for a new class, mercenaries, and a continuation of the story. Think I'm already bored of this season, but I'll be back for Season 6 for sure. I'll take a break and may be back to get my rogue to 100 later in the month. Been busy with survivor games and playing 7 Days to Die with my daughter.

Nydius

Axial conduit + Tal Rasha’s Iridescent Loop chain lightning Sorc is ridiculously OP. I don’t have anywhere near BIS gear, just a lot of int stacking, armor cap, 4/12 masterworks and I can run amok on Tier 6 hordes without breaking a sweat.

Late edit:
I'm ready for a new class, mercenaries, and a continuation of the story. Think I'm already bored of this season, but I'll be back for Season 6 for sure.

I’m in the same boat. I think a large part of my boredom is the whole glyph upgrade system still being tied exclusively to nightmare dungeons. It’s supremely tedious to have to run these dungeons that I’ve been running from launch dozens of times to upgrade my glyphs every season.

I’m really hoping they expand the ways to upgrade glyphs with the expansion. I wouldn’t mind upgrading them every season if I had multiple ways of doing it.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I’m in the same boat. I think a large part of my boredom is the whole glyph upgrade system still being tied exclusively to nightmare dungeons. It’s supremely tedious to have to run these dungeons that I’ve been running from launch dozens of times to upgrade my glyphs every season.

I’m really hoping they expand the ways to upgrade glyphs with the expansion. I wouldn’t mind upgrading them every season if I had multiple ways of doing it.

Hmm, that's probably my hang up. I am bored of Nightmare Dungeons and only have 1 glyph to 15. I hope they have something prepared in the expansion to offer other options.

I just remembered other things that are a drag. Having to get all of the waypoints with each character. Having to do all strongholds with each character. Not to mention leveling glyphs in boring Nightmare dungeons for each character. We need some QoL there ESPECIALLY in a 2-month season.

Last edited:
Quick question - are all mythic uniques account bound? I've tried dropping one for my partner but they can't pick it up (although admintedly I've not tried trading it as yet)... Annoying if they all are though :<

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Axial conduit + Tal Rasha’s Iridescent Loop chain lightning Sorc is ridiculously OP. I don’t have anywhere near BIS gear, just a lot of int stacking, armor cap, 4/12 masterworks and I can run amok on Tier 6 hordes without breaking a sweat.

Late edit:

Agreed, they should turn the nightmare dungeons in Greater Rifts imo. Have the same bar, fill it up, beat the baddy, get the upgrade. The tedious fetch quests are long in the tooth for me in season 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom