• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you manage to secure the PS5 Pro?

And if you did, which version?

• Total voters

RedC

I Got News GIF by Seguros Confie

*PS5 Pro

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Got the regular Pro. Figured that I didn't really need the anniversary edition as I like to hide my consoles behind. Guess I saved 300 bucks for my son's Taekwondo class.

Edit:

Just got the confirmation from Sony. I think I'll eventually order again on Amazon for better customer service and cash back. But at least for now it gives me peace of mind.

Last edited:

Euler007

Regular Pro and 30th Dualsense. I really wanted the Pro 30th bundle but Best Buy Canada was a shitshow. Got through to payment and SMS verification, but never the last step. Guess I have the budget 30th bundle.

dmaul1114

Got the regular (didn’t want the gray one anyway), disc drive and vertical stand preordered from Sony Direct.

Stupidly expensive, but it’s my main platform and my launch one is having some overheating issues—probably just needs a deep clean, but it’s a pain and a ton of screws to get into clean the power supply etc. Between that and more games lately looking rough in performance mode, I’d rather just sell it and upgrade.

Imagine I can ride the Pro out at least a couple years into the PS6 generation since lots of stuff will be cross gen with every generation transition going forward anyway.

Main gripe is for $700 the disc drive and stand should have been included, but I need both so shelled out for them.

Last edited:

Fess

Regular Pro plus 30th anniversary controller. Planned to skip it but couldn’t help myself when I saw that I could get one. Oh well, might make me less salty when they delay PC ports on exclusives, maybe.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I got the regular pro. I wanted the 30th anniversary one, but naturally, couldn't get one. Kinda meh about the Pro to begin with and that whole experience put a sour taste in my mouth, but I'll probably want it by the time it actually ships. I did grab a 30th anniversary controller, so I guess there's that.

SRTtoZ

btw they still have the 30th anniversary controller and Portal. I jumped in a second queue after I got my Pro and was able to get a controller a few mins ago.

dmaul1114

Regular Pro plus 30th anniversary controller. Planned to skip it but couldn’t help myself when I saw that I could get one. Oh well, might make me less salty when they delay PC ports on exclusives, maybe.

Yeah, that’s part of my reasoning too. One of the main things holding me back from going PC is the long gap for Sony games getting ported as a lot of those I want to play day one and not get spoiled on story etc.

So figured it’s better to just shell out for this, sell my PS5 to knock the out of pocket costs some and rock PS5 Pro for a few years and see if they start porting to PC more consistently and with less delay as we head into the PS6 generation.

Regular Pro and 30th Dualsense. I really wanted the Pro 30th bundle but Best Buy Canada was a shitshow. Got through to payment and SMS verification, but never the last step. Guess I have the budget 30th bundle.
the 30th Anniversary Pro was listed on Best Buy Canada?

Edit Oh there it is.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I need a maaaybe choice. I do now have a preorder at the local store for the regular pro, but it's not always as secure as can be. To be fair, the same store had the OG PS5 on my door day one but they're not always as consistent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom