• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You guys want to see a hipster Gabumon?

ANqY7tr.jpg

2hip4me

That's a great image :p The thing at the top, I thought looked like a botched Lego head at first, but now I can't unsee Agumon on it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Finally Crunchyroll ships my Wargreymon... Pay ahead of time only to wait months... Not a fan of that :/ At least when you pay ahead of time with BiJ it's pay right away, but you get the item snappy quick!

Stuart444

Thr movies Beningbrough "simulcast" in Germany with German subs on the 22nd, apparently http://www.anime2you.de/news/59578/...dventure-tri-saikai-am-sonntag-als-simulcast/
Also pics of the café
http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/digimon-animated-cafe.html?m=1

EDIT- anybody know what the japanese site is where you can preorder the wizardmon+tailmon figure

FUCK

Seriously? If that is for real then....

:(

I hope a simulcast is announced for us soon but with the date, I doubt it...

edit:

No specific news on what this means (listing went up before an official announcement most likely), but Animax has removed any listing or mention of tri.

From wtw so hopefully this means it was put up too soon and they will announce it soon along with other language airings or something? Please? :(

http://www.sky.de/programm-entdecken/aktuelle-highlight/beitragID/6491964

The page is still up though.

Bamco US is having a Digimon livestream on December 1st. Seems it will include info about Cyber Sleuth and Heroes.
Finally Crunchyroll ships my Wargreymon... Pay ahead of time only to wait months... Not a fan of that :/ At least when you pay ahead of time with BiJ it's pay right away, but you get the item snappy quick!

Geez, they took their sweet time, wasn't he released in October?

Thr movies Beningbrough "simulcast" in Germany with German subs on the 22nd, apparently http://www.anime2you.de/news/59578/...dventure-tri-saikai-am-sonntag-als-simulcast/
Also pics of the café
http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/digimon-animated-cafe.html?m=1

EDIT- anybody know what the japanese site is where you can preorder the wizardmon+tailmon figure

Those lucky Germans. We got any German fans here? Start that Tri party early guys. :p

Stuart444

The only reason I'd be glad about Germany getting it first (assuming this is accurate and not a misprint/jumping the gun thing by people in charge >.>) is that it will put to bed peoples worries about not being able to see it until late next year or something.

It's exclusive there, so you can only find it on premium bandai & megatrea shop. seems it is not up for preorder yet
Oh,thanks! I was looking on p-bandai.jp and couldn't find it lol.
Ugh I'm tired cause I didn't even see that >_> I'm pretty sure Rightstuf still ships internationally, but I'm surprised even BiJ hasn't had it listed yet.
My brother has a friend in Japan who's willing to ship me stuff occasionally :D. The thing is over my max price for a figure already, if I import using the US marked up prices it won't be worth it ><. Thanks.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've always been a Jouimi fan... I'll go with that!

That pic has me intrigued though. Feels so fan fictiony, but I like it!

*snip*

Those lucky Germans. We got any German fans here? Start that Tri party early guys. :p

My German would probably be solid enough to watch this...

I wonder if we could be getting a release date for EU Cyber Sleuth on the live stream, but I'm not sure if they would give such information through such channels.

Stuart444

I wonder if we could be getting a release date for EU Cyber Sleuth on the live stream, but I'm not sure if they would give such information through such channels.

They could. It wouldn't be out of the question. We'll see tomorrow. There is still a few months before Feb but I'm sure it will come out near the US release. Probably the same week since Bamco EU/US have been pretty good at doing same week releases.

Also don't take that pic as confirmation of anything until we see the OVAs :p though it is nice to see the new Digimon
Meikyuumon or something I think he's called?
with the new girl in that pic.

I really think it's just western fans looking too much into the awkward positioning lol. The actual images of the digimon and the tamers are old and put onto a blue background. I'm glad they haven't let any spoilers slip even this close to release.

I really think it's just western fans looking too much into the awkward positioning lol. The actual images of the digimon and the tamers are old and put onto a blue background. I'm glad they haven't let any spoilers slip even this close to release.

shippers take any fuel and run with it

Stuart444

From what I've read, Japanese fans are also taking things to mean something in the OVA itself >.>. And then it gets translated by fans in the west.
The Mimi/Koushiro stuff. Everything I've read had people talking about hints or teases towards them.

On the shipping subject, while I am guilty, at least when it comes to 02 stuff with shipping Hikari/Takeru who are still in Elementary School at the time.

Why is it that people MUST take anything shown in Adventure (not 02) as evidence of shipping. I mean they are kids in Elementary School and wouldn't even be thinking about stuff like that. I mean the oldest is Joe who is in 6th Grade at Odaiba elementary. None of them have even entered Middle School yet let alone entered puberty.

Yet so many fans point to stuff in that series as evidence that they should be together.

In Tri, it's much easier to justify because you have 2 who are in 2nd year at Middle School, (Hikari and Takeru) and the rest are in High School (1st Year for Mimi/Koushiro, second year for Sora/Taichi/Yamato and 3rd for Joe) and so they may be thinking about both their personal lives and their future careers (as we see on some of the profiles on the website ie Taichi worried about his future career).

But using stuff from Adventure as evidence for shipping wars just seem weird.

Then again maybe I'm thinking too much into it when it being an anime doesn't need to be that realistic in regards to relationships and stuff >.>

nah.... that's standard for any shipping wars in any fandoms... any tiniest bit of evidence will be used, no matter how relevant it is... they don't care for the period of time where it happens...
at least I think shipping wars in Digimon is a bit tamer compared to Pokemon

nah.... that's standard for any shipping wars in any fandoms... any tiniest bit of evidence will be used, no matter how relevant it is... they don't care for the period of time where it happens...

nothing reaches the level of Pokemon until every ship gets its own name

Stuart444

to be fair, Pokemon is at least in a world with different rules :p compared to Digimon which takes place in a semi-realistic world if you ignore the Digimon :p

Though you are totally right, it is tamer compared to the Pokemon shipping wars. Those MistyxAsh shippers are crazy >.>

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Mmmm debatable. I feel like all Pokemon fans would just do the lame MistyxAsh, even though there was NO real indication of closeness, except "it's a girl he travels with". They were never close or anything, it was just the lead female.

Stuart444

Mmmm debatable. I feel like all Pokemon fans would just do the lame MistyxAsh, even though there was NO real indication of closeness, except "it's a girl he travels with". They were never close or anything, it was just the lead female.

I'm a AshxDawn or AshxSerena person myself. :p

<.<

I'm a AshxDawn or AshxSerena person myself. :p

<.<

I mean I am rooting for Serena since she has shown an interest in Ash (which is like much more than anyone else) and her character development so far has been very enjoyable to watch.

I also know nothing will ever happen either so lol

but anyway, digimon shipping?

Stuart444

I mean I am rooting for Serena since she has shown an interest in Ash (which is like much more than anyone else) and her character development so far has been very enjoyable to watch.

I also know nothing will ever happen either so lol

but anyway, digimon shipping?

Nothing will happen but I can wish.

Also HikarixTakeru forever.

Also TaichixYamato >.>
I once read a fanfic about this... I laughed a lot and almost want it to happen now <.< lol

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Also TaichixYamato >.>
I once read a fanfic about this... I laughed a lot and almost want it to happen now <.< lol

Taito was super popular back in the day. Heck, when I first heard of shipping and searched it online, I of course came across plenty of (terribly drawn) H-Digimon coupling >_> My first exposure at "hentai" (which I thought was funny with the name, cause Tai). I never did get the image of TaichixAgumon out of my head, although this one image of Takeru made me laugh back then. It was funny in a "wtf?" way back then where you had to show your friends because of how weird it was. Pretty sure most of it was drawn by other middle schoolers >_>

Guys, before I get traumatized for life, no DigixHuman shit plz. Also, random GAF members coming in... Gonna be like wtf.
Also, past the bro moments with TaixYaMATTo or TaixIzzy , Digimon Adventure hasn't had any homosexual hinting, unless someone can prove me wrong? Those pairings just seemed like fanfics whenever I came across them back in the day...

Not much of a shipper myself, but I was pretty offended when Takeru and Hikari didn't end up together, so I guess I'm rooting for that relationship.

Can I anti-ship? Because then I anti-ship KenXMiyako.

Guys, before I get traumatized for life, no DigixHuman shit plz. Also, random GAF members coming in... Gonna be like wtf.

But then how can I ship the kids from Frontier. :p

Not much of a shipper myself, but I was pretty offended when Takeru and Hikari didn't end up together, so I guess I'm rooting for that relationship.

Can I anti-ship? Because then I anti-ship KenXMiyako.

But then how can I ship the kids from Frontier. :p

Okay, just don't ship the tamers+partners =_= you know what i meaan~
Yeah, unless they show Ken showing some emotion , it's just Miyako's fanboyism somehow winning him over ~_~

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, before I get traumatized for life, no DigixHuman shit plz.

Yeah this. I only mentioned my one story because I had no idea what I even came across when looking up that sort of thing back then. Now, you can't even Google image "Renamon" without finding stuff :/ (Protip: don't)

Stuart444

Also, past the bro moments with TaixYaMATTo or TaixIzzy , Digimon Adventure hasn't had any homosexual hinting, unless someone can prove me wrong? Those pairings just seemed like fanfics whenever I came across them back in the day...

Of course it's fanfics stuff :p doesn't mean people can't have fun with it.

Remember, the animes were 1999/2000 for Adventure/02, stuff like homosexual pairings in anime weren't exactly that mainstream back then so of course there wouldn't have been any homosexual hints.

But again, doesn't mean people can't have a bit of fun with it :p

edit: on KenxMiyako.

I like to think that Daisuke, being Ken's best friend set Ken up with Miyako as a mean joke that went too far and Ken and Miyako ended up enjoying themselves more than they thought they would :p

Or if you don't like the pairing, you can just think Ken was too nice to break up with her and is now in a loveless relationship but I think that might be a bit too mean if you happen to like Ken :p

Of course it's fanfics stuff :p doesn't mean people can't have fun with it.

Remember, the animes were 1999/2000 for Adventure/02, stuff like homosexual pairings in anime weren't exactly that mainstream back then so of course there wouldn't have been any homosexual hints.

But again, doesn't mean people can't have a bit of fun with it :p

Oh, yeah I can understand that. Digimon was something I didn't want the adult world getting mixed into lol. We never even got so much as a kiss or a staring in the eye's seen(Sailor moon etc)[unless I repressed the memories] . Maybe somebody will get to first base in Tri since it's aimed at us "adults".
Digimon is a white knight for me :D

Sealtest

I really hope they say if were getting the extra DLC japan got today, or if they're willing to explain why we won't be.

After posting that reminder i missed the first 15 mins lol, anything been announceD?

EDIT- Nope.

5th February 2016 release date.

Lilimon x Hot Guy NPC Shipping being encouraged LOL

Hot guy is Gay. Rollercoaster of emotions over here.

Top Bottom