• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Stuart444

EU Release: same week, 5th Feb, 2016.

Called it :)

Bonus day 1 DLC: Taichi-costumed Agumon, the Hero costumes and the Black Agu/Gabumon. and the ones that are western exclusive of course :)

So the DigiLine quiz is keeping the JP Culture questions. Isshak and Julie thought it might have been a story question but it was defo a Culture question that westerners may not understand/get/know.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1142456

Reposting from there ^

I really hope they say if were getting the extra DLC japan got today, or if they're willing to explain why we won't be.

The guy in chat seems to be saying some wrong things like I think he said we're not getting the DLC but the guys on the stream (who are talking) said they have no information to share. Miscommunication. (the guy in chat is behind the scenes, not the two people who are talking though they are reading the chat)

So yeah, no info for now.

He also said (the guy in chat, not the streamers) that the DLC is pre-order DLC while Isshak and Julie said that it's bonus day 1 DLC, everyone should get it without a pre-order.

edit: I noticed on the stream, one of the quest tags is the DLC tag (purple = DLC quest)

I never liked re-colored digimons like Black Wargreymon but I'm really liking the new look/Digivolution of Omegamon Zwart from Digimon World: Next Order.

I never liked re-colored digimons like Black Wargreymon but I'm really liking the new look/Digivolution of Omegamon Zwart from Digimon World: Next Order.

It seems to say that it's not exactly Omegamon Zwart. Whether that means he's a jogress with something else or if they are just being coy about it, who knows.

I wouldn't mind if it was a permanent redesign.

V jump scans are up , Digimon World 1 protagonist is BACK!
That Dark Omegamonzwart is fucked. Reminds me of that evil digidestineds evolution from season 4

EDIT-I meant duskmon.

I need to go look for this!

Also on the topic of re-colours. Fun fact: MetalGreymon from the BlackAgumon line was actually the first MetalGreymon. Taichi's one came after.

Yeah the Virus MetalGreymon is on the cover of the american Digimon World 1 as well, which came out around the same time iirc, so would've been in development before the etemon/crest arc.

Stuart444

Yeah the virus Metal Greymon is on the cover of the american Digimon World 1 as well, which came out around the same time iirc, so would've been in development before the etemon/crest arc.

The game came out in Japan before the anime. And the Vpets before the game. (January for the game, March was the airing of Adventure)

We in the EU got a cover that made it look like the anime though (including Gomamon who wasn't in the game and Tentomon who was an NPC/random battle Digimon on beetle land.)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for PS4 already has 2 new Digimon that weren't part of the original PSVita release so I hope that the new Omegamon Zwart is also included to the game, if not then I don't really care for the Black Agumon and Black Gabumon. I saw the Cyber Sleuth stream and the game is looking good, can't wait for the release! (I haven't seen much of the game but have it pre-ordered anyway :p)

I need to go look for this!

Also on the topic of re-colours. Fun fact: MetalGreymon from the BlackAgumon line was actually the first MetalGreymon. Taichi's one came after.

edit: Holy shit, it does look like him
LIES!
I already knew that but still consider Tai's Agumon as the original digivolution line.

Stuart444

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for PS4 already has 2 new Digimon that weren't part of the original PSVita release so I hope that the new Omegamon Zwart is also included to the game, if not then I don't really care for the Black Agumon and Black Gabumon. I saw the Cyber Sleuth stream and the game is looking good, can't wait for the release! (I haven't seen much of the game but have it pre-ordered anyway :p)

It won't be as it's being made for Next Order and not CS.

But yay to hear you're buying it, it is a great game with a great storyline. Easily up there with the best Digimon anime stories (aka up there with Adventure/Tamers imo).

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Savers is still my favorite season, but Adventure and Tamers aren't far behind. If it's up there with any of 'em, it'll be $60 worth spending. Can't wait~

It won't be as it's being made for Next Order and not CS.

But yay to hear you're buying it, it is a great game with a great storyline. Easily up there with the best Digimon anime stories (aka up there with Adventure/Tamers imo).
I even bought the japanese version of Digimon World: Re:Digitized... and once the english patch was released my PSP died T_T.

Stuart444

Savers is still my favorite season, but Adventure and Tamers aren't far behind. If it's up there with any of 'em, it'll be $60 worth spending. Can't wait~

Savers was a good season. The dub isn't too bad either voice wise but I do dislike some of the changes they made in favour of making it child friendly - I've not watched all of it in English but I saw the first 15 eps and some clips near the end. Name changes annoy me in particular. Also no Believer makes the final battle a lot less epic to me.

That said
Kurata's
voice makes him sound appropriately evil. The dub cast sounds rather good overall honestly. From what I've heard anyway.

And yes I'd say it's up there with any of them, some of the twists are great and the story and how it unravels is just really good. I can't wait to play through it again in English!

Sticking with Female Protag though, I love the Male design but the Female design is just better to me. Especially her emotions and stuff during dialogue scenes. I'm actually glad they used the male one in the stream today because it gave me a chance to see how he looks in dialogue scenes and stuff as well. Wouldn't mind if they use him more so I can for sure decide if I'd rather use Ami instead of Takumi as the Protag when I get the game in English.

I even bought the japanese version of Digimon World: Re:Digitized... and once the english patch was released my PSP died T_T.

Man, that is some bad luck :(

If there was a season to compare Cyber Sleuth in "feel" to, it would be Savers. If that's your favorite season, I can see you really liking the story of this game.

Stuart444

If there was a season to compare Cyber Sleuth in "feel" to, it would be Savers. If that's your favorite season, I can see you really liking the story of this game.

That is true as well, the whole detective agency in a way feels like a smaller DATS, dealing with Digital issues in the real world and cyber space.

Plus the Royal Knights are in it. All that was in Savers + more

Mr-Joker

Banned
V jump scans are up , Digimon World 1 protagonist is BACK!
That Dark Omegamonzwart is fucked. Reminds me of that evil digidestineds evolution from season 4

EDIT-I meant duskmon.

Yeah it does look like him.

Man I have fond memory of Digimon World, the pooping, training, digivolving.

Heck I got so excited when my Agumon digivolved into Greymon and went on to digivolve into Metal Greymon, then he died of old age and I too heartbroken to train up another Digimon and just stopped playing.

I still cant get over Citrusmon in the dub of Savers.

I remember that, honestly I don't bother with dubs anymore.

D-3 Digivices are going to be made available for preorder on December 25th for the low, low price of 9990 yen!

ygSU2En.jpg

And this cute little Omegamon figure is releasing next year.

TIsDpu8.jpg

A lot of other random Digimon stuff has been announced recently (like cleaning cloths and folders), but I'm too lazy to list it all. Needless to say, there is no lack of Digimon merchandise to buy.

Stuart444

From Gematsu's twitter:

A Direct Feed image of the DW1 looking protag.

Seems it's from the official website:

“A man with a black knitted hat and firing a sharp eye, everything about this character is shrouded in mystery. What is the significance of the Digi-Egg he holds in his hand?”

Again, from Gematsu.

From Gematsu's twitter:

Again, from Gematsu.

Digimon news just loves to come all at the same time, doesn't it?

Hopefully we get a clearer image for Edgy Omegamon Zwart soon too. The Nico Nico stream is supposedly going to include some game news.

Stuart444

Digimon news just loves to come all at the same time, doesn't it?

Hopefully we get a clearer image for Edgy Omegamon Zwart soon too. The Nico Nico stream is supposedly going to include some game news.

Oh yeah, the stream is today.

May not be awake for it (depends on if this thing I'm waiting on comes early or late, late = stay up, early = go to bed. I'm not getting any sleep tonight due to waiting on a JP3DS to arrive for my fiancee :( and Fed Ex says it could be here anytime up until 6pm).

If not, I have it time shifted on nico and at least one of my browsers is able to get past the region lock using one of my VPNs so I can check it out at some point.

FUCK YES! My CR sub pays off even more now <3 thanks for posting

if you're in the UK/EU or someplace else that it doesn't mention and can't see it, use a unblocker add-on for chrome or something :)

Stuart444

Yo.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: For the following regions: United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.

Yup, see above

just use a browser add-on (like Crunchyroll Unblocker or Hola or something) to get past the region lock if you live outside supported areas

So 3pm GMT, 7am PST, 10am EST, etc :D

Stuart444

So one of 2 things will happen.

1. The JP3DS comes early and I go to nap until it starts (I imagine it will be hammered so people might not be able to watch it without lots of buffering so I probably have a good few hours before lots of spoilers make it onto the net)

or 2. It doesn't come early and I stay up til after I have watched it. I don't care how tired I am, I want to see the OVA.

either way I win <3

i-Jest

I haven't watched the stream yet but has there been any news on Cyber Sleuths online play? Are we going to be able to battle friends?

It comes out when I have to wake up and get ready, which sucks, but at least I know it will be waiting for me when I come home. :D

WHAT?! Digimon news are plenty today.

I'm telling ya man, it always comes in batches. It's exciting but a bit of a pain to sort through sometimes.

I haven't watched the stream yet but has there been any news on Cyber Sleuths online play? Are we going to be able to battle friends?

Nothing on the stream, though there was an interview with the producer today on Anime News Network where he says they adjusted some things in the meta game.

Nothing concrete though.

Stuart444

This also confirms OVA2 by Feb/March? I think? Since they say Winter 2016 which is by Feb at the latest (though I'm putting March in there incase of delays >.>)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wait holy crap it's tomorrow?!?! >_> Ugh the one weekend when I'm going to be super busy... I'll need to find time to squeeze it in somehow!!

What do they mean by "first 4 episodes" though?

Stuart444

Wait holy crap it's tomorrow?!?! >_> Ugh the one weekend when I'm going to be super busy... I'll need to find time to squeeze it in somehow!!

What do they mean by "first 4 episodes" though?

OVA is split into 4 episodes, could be for any number of reasons (expecting high demand so 4 might help make it easier to stream, it could have been given to them in that format by Toei, etc).

80 mins would make it about 4 20 minute episodes.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
OVA is split into 4 episodes, could be for any number of reasons (expecting high demand so 4 might help make it easier to stream, it could have been given to them in that format by Toei, etc).

80 mins would make it about 4 20 minute episodes.

Yeah that makes sense. Just surprised that only CR seems to being chopping them up than airing it all at once as a movie-like cut.

Stuart444

Yeah that makes sense. Just surprised that only CR seems to being chopping them up than airing it all at once as a movie-like cut.

Tbf, they are the only one streaming it in English :p.

Admin on wtw brought up the fact that maybe Toei are shopping it around to TV networks and 4 eps as opposed to a film might make it an easier sell?

but possible high demand (like with SMC which buffered a lot during the first few weeks) was my first thought, who knows?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Tbf, they are the only one streaming it in English :p.

Admin on wtw brought up the fact that maybe Toei are shopping it around to TV networks and 4 eps as opposed to a film might make it an easier sell?

but possible high demand (like with SMC which buffered a lot during the first few weeks) was my first thought, who knows?

Oh that makes sense. In the end, I cross my fingers that Toei will see that people want this subbed... to buy... on disc... :x

Stuart444

Surprised that Crunchy will 'simulcast' tri. Will watch it later tonight then :D

In this case, it's almost a literal simulcast. I mean, JP time, it goes up at 12am on Saturday.

It's quite shocking. If you told me this was going to happen yesterday, I would have called BS and spend a good half an hour laughing at the idea.

edit:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-adventure-tri/episode-1-688937

Confirms it will be for premium users in 5 hours, free users later on. For anyone who doubted that.

Never used Crunchyroll, I'm in the UK, so can I just use the 14 day trial and an unblocker to watch it?
Yes, or wait for the 30mins till a subgroup rips it. Too much effort for me, if CR don't want our EU money, their loss >:| or I guess they couldn't licence it, no legal way to watch in the UK at least.

When will the omegamon figures stooop
From Gematsu's twitter:

Again, from Gematsu.

Danm, such nostalgia. I wonder if that's analogue man's machindramon

Stuart444

Yes, or wait for the 30mins till a subgroup rips it. Too much effort for me, if CR don't want our EU money, their loss >:| or I guess they couldn't licence it, no legal way to watch in the UK at least.

technically it's not illegal to watch it via an unblocker. At least I don't think there is anything in law preventing it. (though it'd probably be against ToS or whatever like with Steam and shit).

But yeah, it's probably a license reason ie Animax Germany 'probably' has exclusive German rights if that listing is anything to go by and Toei are still negotiating with parties for other countries.

All just me guessing here of course. Only the business suits know for sure.

Top Bottom