• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

there's competitive battling in cyber sleuth? :O

In the Japanese version you can battle randoms online or friends locally. There have been fan tournaments done in Japan, but I don't think things are balanced enough to be used beyond just having fun.

Looking it up, it seems Seraphimon's high usage is because he can fully revive a Digimon party while using an acceptable amount of SP.

So the rest of my Tri CDs have arrived. Out of all 3 of them, 2 cases are cracked and one has a nick at the joint but the discs are in perfect condition and work so I'm happy enough :). Imported them to iTunes now as well. :D

The discs look nice :D

I like the Digivice on the Brave Heart CD. :3

Stuart444

In the Japanese version you can battle randoms online or friends locally. There have been fan tournaments done in Japan, but I don't think things are balanced enough to be used beyond just having fun.

Looking it up, it seems Seraphimon's high usage is because he can fully revive a Digimon party while using an acceptable amount of SP.

What I like about the Online is that if it can't find random people, it matches you up with AI people instead. Means you can still get the online trophies even if online is dead.

I like the Digivice on the Brave Heart CD. :3

aaahh gotcha

I was rewatching Tri with a friend and
after Taichi and Yamato talk to substitute guy, he calls agent lady (you can see how hard I tried to remember their names) and tells her he gave "it" to them. Do we know what "it" was?

I didn't notice it the first time and I was only half paying attention the second time, so forgive me if they say it outright.

Digimon Livestream is about to start. We'll probably get release news on Heroes. Edit: Nope, haha.

He's so cute. :3

Edit 2: Dianamon is in... does that mean the Demon Lord DLC is included, I wonder?

Also, he has Beelzebumon Blast Mode and Cherubimon (Vice) in his party. It's weird to see them in game

Edit 3:
e99hK8P.png

vlDSXaY.png

Aw no Heroes news? I'l actually looking forward to it :x

They just said "soon". :/

Apparently, pre-registration just opened up for it, so it can't be too far off.

In other news, it looks like they are using "Creepymon" instead of "Daemon"... bleh. Keeping names like Crusadermon, Omnimon (which I just realized was kept as Omegamon in Tri... huh), and even Kerpymon, I get, but Creepymon is just straight up stupid.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They just said "soon". :/

Apparently, pre-registration just opened up for it, so it can't be too far off.

In other news, it looks like they are using "Creepymon" instead of "Daemon"... bleh. Keeping names like Crusadermon, Omnimon (which I just realized was kept as Omegamon in Tri... huh), and even Kerpymon, I get, but Creepymon is just straight up stupid.

Ooo pre-reg!

Also, Digimon is one of those franchises where name changes are the most annoying to me. Pokemon, Animal Crossing etc doesn't bother me one bit (except Fiarrow > Talonflame ew!!) but so many on Digimon are unecessary and inconsistant as well :/ Many are just dubbed "just cause", I swear. DUKEMON DID NOT NEED A DUB NAME. I will never loosen up atound that :/ Divermon/Scubamon was bad. Creepymon just sounds terrible. Ug, at least we had a Devimon and Demon before...

Ooo pre-reg!

Also, Digimon is one of those franchises where name changes are the most annoying to me. Pokemon, Animal Crossing etc doesn't bother me one bit (except Fiarrow > Talonflame ew!!) but so many on Digimon are unecessary and inconsistant as well :/ Many are just dubbed "just cause", I swear. DUKEMON DID NOT NEED A DUB NAME. I will never loosen up atound that :/ Divermon/Scubamon was bad. Creepymon just sounds terrible. Ug, at least we had a Devimon and Demon before...

Yeah, it probably wouldn't annoy me as much if they even tried to make it consistent or necessary. It becomes almost required to talk about Digimon with their Japanese names just so people know who you're talking about.

For example:
Hurricane Touchdown -> Kerpymon (Evil/Good)
Frontier -> Cherubimon (Evil/Good)
Cyber Sleuth -> Kerpymon (Black/White?)

Like... come on. Creepymon is especially dumb, because most know him as Daemon from 02 anyway.

I just can't wait to face off against Demon Lord... Creepymon...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it probably wouldn't annoy me as much if they even tried to make it consistent or necessary. It becomes almost required to talk about Digimon with their Japanese names just so people know who you're talking about.

For example:
Hurricane Touchdown -> Kerpymon (Evil/Good)
Frontier -> Cherubimon (Evil/Good)
Cyber Sleuth -> Kerpymon (Black/White?)

Like... come on. Creepymon is especially dumb, because most know him as Daemon from 02 anyway.

I just can't wait to face off against Demon Lord... Creepymon...

I didn't know they kept Cherubimon in the Frontier dub. "Kerpy" is another "Diaboro" where they botched the romanization. But serious, wtf is a "Kerpy"?? It doesn't even make sense! Cherubi as a cherubim makes perfect sense, though. Ugh.

I didn't know they kept Cherubimon in the Frontier dub. "Kerpy" is another "Diaboro" where they botched the romanization. But serious, wtf is a "Kerpy"?? It doesn't even make sense! Cherubi as a cherubim makes perfect sense, though. Ugh.

Ever since Frontier, they started to use use Cherubimon somewhat consistently. I'm pretty sure Dawn/Dusk had it as Cherubimon too.

During the livestream, one of the hosts read off the preorder bonuses, which refers to Cherubimon (Vice). The other host corrected him and told him it was changed to Kerpymon. So someone had to have deliberately change it to a name that, as you said, means nothing, and hasn't been used canonically in years. On top of that, they added a different way to refer to Virtue and Vice for some reason. (How is Vice, "Black"?)

Bah, I say! Bah!

Edit: Checking the stream again, it appears Virtue is still "Good". Weird. Was Vice ever referred to as Black before? Also, we got Lilithmon instead of Laylamon, yaaay!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Digimon, I always forget that even in Japanese you so inconsistant with your names :p

Got my Ken Ichijouji figure in today. I mean, Ken Ichijozi.

Japanese Industry Insiders Pick 2015's Best Anime, Games

Guess what's #1 for games...

EXE stuff definitely sounds interesting, although I think I'll need to see it in action to get a better feel for exactly how it works.

But everything about this game just makes me feel like I need it right now.

Yeah, at this point I just want to see straight up gameplay. I can only read so much about a game before I just want to play it, lol.

Edit: A Digimon fanzine was released recently. Some artists were posting their stuff from it on Twitter. I don't think I'll buy it, personally, but some of the art looks pretty neat.

CVW-3gbUwAER-of.png:large

https://twitter.com/cryptoglitter/status/672653580969504768

CVVoNP0U8AAMAiv.jpg

https://twitter.com/_ashmackenzie/status/672558296906072066

tumblr_nyuvfe5Myp1ri2qs3o1_1280.jpg

http://ricardobessa.tumblr.com/post/134551245579

I don't get Joe's face here. lol

Joe and Mimi look way too casual for what's going on right in front of them, haha.

And of course,
Vikemon's badass. They better make his, Rosemon's, and Imperialdramon's fight awesome and last more than a couple minutes.

(Should we still spoiler what's on the poster, since it's been officially released? It's hard to know how much people actually care.)

I hope they get evolution sequences for Ultimate. It was okay that they didn't do it in Reunion, but the newcomers deserve something cool. (inb4 bad CG)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Bump to show that Bandai posted on Facebook the Asian Digimon Fusion Encyclopedia. Looks of clean images of official card art. Honestly, I'm surprised that Asia uses the dub term for the series, too.

I wish Digimon had it's own sort of "Digidex", but as a printed copy :x We need a Digimon artbook of some kind! This site is by far from complete, and they are scattered all over the place with no real order.

EDIT: Never mind, the only good card encyclopedia on WtW is currently down >_>

Bump to show that Bandai posted on Facebook the Asian Digimon Fusion Encyclopedia. Looks of clean images of official card art. Honestly, I'm surprised that Asia uses the dub term for the series, too.

I wish Digimon had it's own sort of "Digidex", but as a printed copy :x We need a Digimon artbook of some kind! This site is by far from complete, and they are scattered all over the place with no real order.

EDIT: Never mind, the only good card encyclopedia on WtW is currently down >_>

If you watch Birdramon's evolution sequence in tri, you'll notice they use Biyomon instead of Piyomon for the english name.

It's okay for Piyomon, since the name is almost the same, but seeing Gatomon will be weird if they show it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If you watch Birdramon's evolution sequence in tri, you'll notice they use Biyomon instead of Piyomon for the english name.

It's okay for Piyomon, since the name is almost the same, but seeing Gatomon will be weird if they show it.

Yeah it was one of the things I pointed out on here when I first watched it. Only the tentens separate the two names, but IchijoZI seems like a bit of a stretch :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ah geeze... If Bandai was so adamant on using specific names in the dub, the least they could do was have a bit of consistency >_> Japan's not exactly helping!

Tri confuses me in the consistency aspect because they insist on using Biyomon and Gatomon, while fixing Kamiya and keeping Omegamon.

I want to say that's Toei's doing, so it's definitely not always the English side messing things up.

God, I could rant about the weird English name changes in Digimon forever. (As demonstrated by this very page, lol.)

Seriously, their faces doesn't fit the battle scene. Weird choice.

The first poster was odd for having Yamato sit on Alphamon's weapon, but at least he looked concerned. :p

I think it would be less weird if Jou was more focused. Mimi smiling actually doesn't strike me as completely out of character, now that I think about it. Maybe Jou is wondering why Mimi's so happy.

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.nz/2015/12/c89-limited-black-agumon-bag.html?m=1

Black agumon plus limited to 200 for some dumb reason. Plush has blue eyes, actual digimon has green eyes.

I'll tag on to your merchandise news and say they are also releasing phone cases and ear phones.

belprDI.jpg

xb1h1SN.jpg

Top Bottom