• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

It would change some smaller things.

Kourshiro and Mimi and their children would be closer together, there would probably be some comment about either them or their children in a family setting (similar to the kid of Sora/Yamato commenting on taking care of their sibling (note: dub stuff, I forget what was said in the JP version) just an example)

So small changes but still changes.

Of course this assumes we'll even see another epilogue. There may be no epilogue in Tri, it just ends after the final battle and people go back to their lives lol.

I doubt we will get another epilogue, which is why I want something a little more contradictory to prove it doesn't happen, like Yamato saying he hates space and would never ever go there ever. :p

Edit: I just watched the epilogue again and Yamato and Sora have a daughter? How did I not notice that... I always thought they were both boys... ._.

DIGIMON02Families2027.jpg

Yeah, in the Japanese version the blonde is addressed as an older sister. Like... it doesn't help she looks exactly like Yamato.

The dub doesn't mention it at all beyond having a girl voice... but most of the kids have women for voice actors...

Maybe the pink shirt was supposed to tip us off? <.<

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the pic, Mimi IS standing beside Koushiro... but their kids don't have swapped hair colours (with the obvious nudge nudge coupling).

Tusk

So... uh... did that just confirm Tailmon's Ultimate as Holydramon... <.<

Cute product btw. Would like to see more things happening on the screen and it probably should be a little cheaper, but it's still pretty nice.

Seems so. :b Though, I'm not too surprised by it.

The anniversary digivice should have been the final nail in the coffin, really, but it was hard to ignore the PSP game.

Haha, fluffy pink dragon hype!

Magnadramon-1.gif

It will be great to see her and Seraphimon in action for more then 5 seconds.

Yeah it was the only reasonable evolution line : from cat - angel - dragon. =p. Is there a reason why they made a dragon one of angewomons evolutions? Also gatomon/tailmon is warp digivolving unlike in the movie where angewomon digivolves iirc (haven't watched it in 10+ years) At least they're keeping with the movie/02 canon.

Edit - yup she digivolves in the movie.

This will finally kill the "Tailmon digivolves to Holydramon when she doesn't have her tail ring" speculation that has been going on forever.

Yeah it was the only reasonable evolution line : from cat - angel - dragon. =p. Is there a reason why they made a dragon one of angewomons evolutions?

More like: slime -> cat -> puppy -> cat -> angel -> dragon :p

I think the intention of Holydramon being Angewomon's evolution was to tie her to her beast-like origins. She is the "ultimate form of god beast Digimon" after all.

And as much as I would like to see Seraphimon and Ofanimon together, it is nice Hikari gets her "own thing".

Stuart444

So... uh... did that just confirm Tailmon's Ultimate as Holydramon... <.<

Cute product btw. Would like to see more things happening on the screen and it probably should be a little cheaper, but it's still pretty nice.

This has been known since the advert for the Digivice and all it really does is make it more inconsistent. It doesn't confirm anything 'yet'

We'll know for sure whenever Tailmon digivolves to Ultimate in Tri.

This has been known since the advert for the Digivice and all it really does is make it more inconsistent. It doesn't confirm anything 'yet'

We'll know for sure whenever Tailmon digivolves to Ultimate in Tri.

This isn't the 15th Anniversary Digivice, it's the Complete Selection Animation one, which is branded as merchandise for Tri.

Stuart444

This isn't the 15th Anniversary Digivice, it's the Complete Selection Animation one, which is branded as merchandise for Tri.

Pretty sure I saw it somewhere still. Ah well, I still say it's not confirmation of anything until we see it in the anime.

which knowing the way Digimon Adventure works, both Seraphimon and whatever Tailmon evolves into will be the last two to Digivolve into their final forms lol.

Not a fan of this evolution line either.

IDM it , but Ophanimon makes much more sense.

This will finally kill the "Tailmon digivolves to Holydramon when she doesn't have her tail ring" speculation that has been going on forever.

More like: slime -> cat -> puppy -> cat -> angel -> dragon :p

I think the intention of Holydramon being Angewomon's evolution was to tie her to her beast-like origins. She is the "ultimate form of god beast Digimon" after all.

And as much as I would like to see Seraphimon and Ofanimon together, it is nice Hikari gets her "own thing".

I wanted to call salamon a puppy but I didn't know enough about her for that lol. Baby+in training are basically like cells and can be w.e they want. I totally forgot about the ring.
I think she's a celestial type dragon so I guess there is some relevance, if we grasp at some straws. Like stuart said though it's not complete confirmation, but its like 80% likely imo.

This is a Digivice prop made specifically for the Tri anime with the music and voice actors to accompany it. It wouldn't make sense for them to get one of the evolutions wrong.

I mean, there's a chance, but it's pretty tiny at this point.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I meant as in there might still be a possibility of Ophanimon through some plot twist. Magnadramon is obviously canon 100% atm.

It would be interesting to see both, someway, somehow. I love Holydramon, but Orphanimon just make the most sense... and complements Seraphimon well.

I feel like Magnadramon complements Seraphimon just as well as Ophanimon.

For me personally, Magnadramon embodies an angel representing the animal kingdom, while Seraphimon is humanity's angel representative. There's no in-universe reason as to why I think this but Imma stick to this headcannon anyway lol. I think I'm partially influenced by Frontier's beast and humanoid digimon types but I've had this view since I first saw the two forms in the English Digimon movie so yeah.

Also seeing Hikari riding her into battle would be amazing.

Stuart444

Digimon World Next Order release date is 17th March in Japan apparently

Link?

Regardless, that makes me happy. I'll probably pick it up in Japan in April to save on shipping costs and such.

edit: Just saw on twitter, wonder where the person got that info, a magazine leak or something? (edit 2: V-Jump according to Siliconera)

Either way, I'm still happy

Mr-Joker

Banned
Tailmon is a weird little cat has the most confusing evolution. Damn it Tailmon, pick 1 species and stick with it. *shake fist*

^^ To add to the release date, it appears (there is no way to confirm this yet) Susanoomon is in the game and these are the preorder bonuses:
  • A reprinted soundtrack for the first Digimon World game.
  • Two themes for the Vita.
  • A starter set for raising Digimon.
  • Special Agumon & Gabumon Digieggs
  • Download codes to unlock five mystery Ultimate evolutions.

^^ To add to the release date, it appears (there is no way to confirm this yet) Susanoomon is in the game and these are the preorder bonuses:
  • A reprinted soundtrack for the first Digimon World game.
  • Two themes for the Vita.
  • A starter set for raising Digimon.
  • Special Agumon & Gabumon Digieggs
  • Download codes to unlock five mystery Ultimate evolutions.

Oh boy, special versions of Agumon and Gabumon! Man, Bandai spoils us with all these choices!

Interested in what those five Ultimate evolutions would be.

Why do they have to region lock dlc codes -___-. I didn't realise how much I like the DW1 soundtrack till now.

Oh boy, special versions of Agumon and Gabumon! Man, Bandai spoils us with all these choices!

Interested in what those five Ultimate evolutions would be.

Just the digi eggs .
Edit - For now...

Tusk

Meicoomon is in the next game as some promotion for tri, right? Really interested in being able to use it.

Speaking of the games, how easy is Decode to get through? Really want to import it.

Meicoomon is in the next game as some promotion for tri, right? Really interested in being able to use it.

Speaking of the games, how easy is Decode to get through? Really want to import it.

I forgot about the Meicoomon stuff. I wonder if we'll get her evolutions too, or if they will just stick with her.

And you can Decode off Amazon for $46 used/$61 new (assuming US, don't know about other regions).

I haven't been keeping up with news on the OVAs. When is the 2nd one to be released?

March 12th

Tusk

I forgot about the Meicoomon stuff. I wonder if we'll get her evolutions too, or if they will just stick with her.

And you can Decode off Amazon for $46 used/$61 new (assuming US, don't know about other regions).

March 12th

I'm hoping it evolves. It'd be interesting if it spoils the Tri evolutions.

And thanks, that's the cheapest I've been able to find the game.

I still haven't even finished Re:Digitize yet. After LadyDevimon died I was in mourning.

I still am in mourning technically because I haven't touched the game since lmao.

I'm hoping it evolves. It'd be interesting if it spoils the Tri evolutions.

And thanks, that's the cheapest I've been able to find the game.

It would be interesting to see for sure. Two of her smaller forms may have already been leaked. (I don't think it was confirmed they were hers, but they definitely look the part)

Thanks Paper Sparrow!

No problem!

I still haven't even finished Re:Digitize yet. After LadyDevimon died I was in mourning.

I still am in mourning technically because I haven't touched the game since lmao.

When I lost a Digimon in DW1 for the first time, I was depressed for a few minutes. Then I was happy, because I got rid of my awful Numemon.

I am an evil person.

V-Jump scans are showing up online with Next Order information. Can't link anywhere but it sounds like they are adding more to the development of the Village of Beginnings, which is cool. There is also a new character shown and more talk about training and exploration.

Next Order was previously announced to be playable at Jump Festa, which I believe is this weekend, so I imagine we will get more information and gameplay from that.

In other news, Tri has been extended for yet another week in some theaters.

Well, Doumon being in is a bit of a surprise. Then again, Kuzuhamon was in Cyber Sleuth, so maybe they're planning to put that whole line in now.

I'm hoping we get some good game play stuff out of Jump Fesa. I need to see this game in action. Scattered screenshots aren't enough.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I need Tri ep 2... Had a dream last night where everyone got captured by some big corporation for some reason and I had to go rescue them :x Also, some weird thing about Digimon partners being able to lend help to their partners and give them Digimon-features. Kind of like a Card Slash for humans.

I sure hope I'll have free time to play through Cyber Sleuth when it gets released, too. Waiting, waiting...

Aurizen

OMG Agunimon is one of my favorite! ok Bamco bring this to the US too! Digimon Frontier didn't get much love and it was my 2nd favorite season!

Top Bottom