• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Cover art for 02 blu-ray.
egrXfSY.jpg

kptZ3Oh.jpg

Interesting, I definitely wasn't expecting this location.

I didn't think we'd get it so soon, but it was bound to happen.

Doubt it but any word on an english dub for Tri yet? betting we won't hear anything until next year.

And while I would like to hear some nostalgic old voice actors I'm not looking forward to the edits Saban is going to make, jeez Fusion got butchered bad. unless they actually give the series its due respect and leave it unaltered which would be surprising.

Just saw this over at With the Will:

Shoutmon confirmed for Next Order. This is excellent. They really are pulling from all aspects of the franchise for this game.

Also, a prototype for a Beelzebumon Blast Mode + Impmon figure has been shown at Jump Festa. Unpainted for now, so it's probably still a little ways off.

Jump pics:

Digimon is back to being a proud/relevant JUMP franchise!:

tumblr_nzk9gzDzJA1qc2rsbo1_1280.jpg

QQ%25E5%259B%25BE%25E7%2589%258720151218201105.jpg

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Koromonz :

koromon_figures_prototypes.jpg

BlackAgumon+BlackGabumon figures
- are they popular digimon now?:

blackagu_blackgabu_digicolle.jpg

Beelzemon+Impmon figure
- I need dis:

CWjIileUwAAvxg5.jpg

Coloured Matt+Garurumon figures:

CWjAQxRU4AAmTWn.jpg

Sources:
Bokutachi

Seperate post for
Code:
[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TRsMAODo5NE/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]
Digimon World: Next Order - Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBIkE5TyRSQ

Susanomon,Shoutmon,Gumdramon.Burst modes, representing the recent and season 4 - and a load of other staple digimon in action.

Danm, I hope this gets a PS4 release so I can play it on my vita and on a high res screen while at home. Potential GOTDECADE for me simply due to the nostalgia I'm getting from it.

So in addition to Shoutmon, Gumdramon is also shown off in that trailer.

I also saw Gigimon, which is I think the first we've seen of him for this game? (Notable as a Digimon that wasn't in Cyber Sleuth, although was in Re:Digitize)

It looks so good, I'm excited! So many new Digimon I wasn't expecting. :D

^^ And yeah, I think that's the first time Gigimon was shown. We're getting more baby Digimon! :3

The figures look great as well. So much Digimon merchandise, it's crazy.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, that's what happens when I say "I'm going to collect allll the Megahouse Digimon figures!"

...I told myself I wouldn't buy statue-sized figures either, but here I am! The merch is great though :) Feels like yesterday I thought my D-Real figures where the most awesome figures ever, eith their quality and articulation...

The website has been updated with the preorder bonuses. Does it say the special Agumon and Gabumon have voice actors?

Welp, that's what happens when I say "I'm going to collect allll the Megahouse Digimon figures!"

...I told myself I wouldn't buy statue-sized figures either, but here I am! The merch is great though :) Feels like yesterday I thought my D-Real figures where the most awesome figures ever, eith their quality and articulation...

The figures are so nice. It feels like only yesterday when I was depressed about the lack of Digimon stuff to buy.

Now (if I wanted to go broke) I can get a freakin' tie, Beelzemon jacket, light-up Digivice, and Gabumon earphones while I stare at a collection of awesome statues.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The figures are so nice. It feels like only yesterday when I was depressed about the lack of Digimon stuff to buy.

Now (if I wanted to go broke) I can get a freakin' tie, Beelzemon jacket, light-up Digivice, and Gabumon earphones while I stare at a collection of awesome statues.

It'a too bad that Sailor Moon also has a ton of merch (and I decided to get all the SH Figuarts from there) and Pokemon constantly has plenty of stuff that comes out every month >_> I kind of have to be choosey with that merch, though :p

I like too many things...

Stuart444

Does it say the special Agumon and Gabumon have voice actors?

Yes. I assume for battle cries and such?

Anyway the voices are:

Agumon: Chika Sakamoto (坂本千夏): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chika_Sakamoto

Gabumon: Mayumi Yamaguchi (山口眞弓): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayumi_Yamaguchi

The anime VAs basically.

edit: also Digimon threads don't get enough love here. I sometimes miss game threads entirely (thankfully trailers and such are posted here) due to not enough posts (I just saw the next order one, posted 4 hours ago, only has 24 posts in it. Missed it totally til now)

Hopefully Cyber Sleuth helps revitalize some popularity into the franchise.

Yes. I assume for battle cries and such?

Anyway the voices are:

Agumon: Chika Sakamoto (坂本千夏): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chika_Sakamoto

Gabumon: Mayumi Yamaguchi (山口眞弓): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayumi_Yamaguchi

The anime VAs basically.

edit: also Digimon threads don't get enough love here. I sometimes miss game threads entirely (thankfully trailers and such are posted here) due to not enough posts (I just saw the next order one, posted 4 hours ago, only has 24 posts in it. Missed it totally til now)

Hopefully Cyber Sleuth helps revitalize some popularity into the franchise.

Thought so, but I never have faith in my translation skills, lol. It looks like their evolutions will have voice acting too and it will be a fixed line.

And yeah, the US Bamco stream thread had like three people post in it. Cyber Sleuth might be good enough to push the games into the spotlight at least.

Edit: Here is a translation for all of the preorder bonuses.

It will pretty sad when those Digimon die.

Stuart444

Thought I'd post this here seeing as I enjoyed it more than the actual movie, compresses the whole thing down to 30 minutes pretty well too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J7KStYleiI

Fantastic, really enjoyed that. Alphamon and Izzy were standouts in particular.

Only complaint is that unless I missed it, they didn't credit the guy who did the cover of Brave Heart (EN version) at the start of the video.

Still, thanks for posting :D

Stuart444

Digimon Adventure Tri 1: Reunion BD is here. Wasn't supposed to arrive until Wednesday so I'm happy :D

I'm not even sure what that last one is meant to be, looks like a poster but it's cloth? Like a table cover or something.

Anyway here is an interesting note:

The artbook only has character art for Yamato and Taichi and their Digimon. Everything that includes character art focuses on them.

Speculation: I guess whichever the poster focuses on (in Tri 2s case, Mimi, Joe and their Digimon) will be the focus for the BDs and whatever bonuses (I presume artbooks for all of them) they come with.

Interesting way to do it.

Digimon Adventure Tri 1: Reunion BD is here. Wasn't supposed to arrive until Wednesday so I'm happy :D

I'm not even sure what that last one is meant to be, looks like a poster but it's cloth? Like a table cover or something.

Anyway here is an interesting note:

The artbook only has character art for Yamato and Taichi and their Digimon. Everything that includes character art focuses on them.

Speculation: I guess whichever the poster focuses on (in Tri 2s case, Mimi, Joe and their Digimon) will be the focus for the BDs and whatever bonuses (I presume artbooks for all of them) they come with.

Interesting way to do it.

nice... oh apparently that cloth thing is a fabric poster, according to what amazon said

Stuart444

nice... oh apparently that cloth thing is a fabric poster, according to what amazon said

Huh, interesting. Ty. (I pre-ordered it when it first went up and totally forgot what came with it til now tbf :p )

edit: BD extras: Clean Op (The section with Taichi riding is Bike, not the op we got with the other eps on CR obviously :p ), Clean ED, Series Teaser (the one with the Digimon VAs being shown), and PV1 & 2.

Stuart444

Just went to pre-order Digimon Story: CS via Amazon UK and saw this:

Black Agumon & Black Gabumon (these characters do feature in the show Digimon Adventures)

Lol'd a little at that.

I only saw that on Amazon, not on other UK sites.

Camping with the Digimon definitely seems like it could be a lot of fun.

I just imagined being in a tent, huddling around a little fire with Examon, haha.

Just went to pre-order Digimon Story: CS via Amazon UK and saw this:

Lol'd a little at that.

I only saw that on Amazon, not on other UK sites.
There is so much wrong with that sentence, lol. Even if they did show up in Digimon Adventure, what's the point of saying that?

"I didn't really care about the DLC, but then they told me those two Digimon were from Adventure, whooaaaa!"

Stuart444

"I didn't really care about the DLC, but then they told me those two Digimon were from Adventure, whooaaaa!"

Some people would buy the game if their fave Digimon was in it tbf :p though with how many Digimon are in the game, there is something for most Digimon fans.

I hope we get a sequel with even MORE Digimon in the future.300+ would be awesome. :D

Some people would buy the game if their fave Digimon was in it tbf :p though with how many Digimon are in the game, there is something for most Digimon fans.

I hope we get a sequel with even MORE Digimon in the future.300+ would be awesome. :D

But it would be enough to say they were in the game, you don't need to say they are from Adventure.

It's like "Pre-order to get Guilmon (who was in Digimon Adventures)"

I don't care what he was in man, he's just awesome!

And speaking of getting more Digimans for future games, I just noticed Kokomon and Zerimon in this screenshot. I'm really happy more Baby Digimon are being added. They can be easily ignored because how fast they evolve.

6FjYQXF.jpg

Stuart444

And speaking of getting more Digimans for future games, I just noticed Kokomon and Zerimon in this screenshot. I'm really happy more Baby Digimon are being added. They can be easily ignored because how fast they evolve.

Oh yeah, one of the other things I wanted to say was for future games, I hope they include more baby and in-training Digimon. Just for some variety :)

Stuart444

To note, Next Order is now available for pre-order online.

Nice, I would be very tempted to pre-order it due to the DW1 OST I admit but it'd probably land while I'm out of the country unless I chose the most expensive shipping option. :/

Too bad even if it comes out here, we won't get the DW1 OST (just like we're not getting the CS tracks that first prints got)

Ah well, that's just how it is.

In other news. Merry Christmas DigiGAF!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Feels like yesterday when I used to listen to this old thing:

tumblr_mdau24F7zK1rqpqdho1_500.png

Jingle Bells being sung by the Chosen Children in Japanese was hilarious back then :p

Feels like yesterday when I used to listen to this old thing:

tumblr_mdau24F7zK1rqpqdho1_500.png

Jingle Bells being sung by the Chosen Children in Japanese was hilarious back then :p

I still listen to the Christmas albums every year. It's one of my favorite Christmas traditions.

This also reminds of me of how it's been 15 years since Christmas of 2000, when I remember downloading the clips from the Christmas episode of 02 right after it aired in Japan. Man, that was such a long time ago.

Tusk

Trailer for the 15th Anniversary D-3 is up, if anyone's interested in seeing that. Gotta check the PB page for it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This also reminds of me of how it's been 15 years since Christmas of 2000, when I remember downloading the clips from the Christmas episode of 02 right after it aired in Japan. Man, that was such a long time ago.

Wow how did you find 02 eps back then?? I barely found anything until Tamers, and most of those rips became very rare and for exclusive clubs. I remember some guy was a big Beelzebumon fan back then, and only let people into his... either fttp or IRC, if you were fans of him too. I dunno, something lame like that. I even made a lame username "Beelzebumon no Behemoth" to try to get in. Never did :/

So glad stuff like Digimon is easy to find to watch nowadays, though!

Wow how did you find 02 eps back then?? I barely found anything until Tamers, and most of those rips became very rare and for exclusive clubs. I remember some guy was a big Beelzebumon fan back then, and only let people into his... either fttp or IRC, if you were fans of him too. I dunno, something lame like that. I even made a lame username "Beelzebumon no Behemoth" to try to get in. Never did :/

So glad stuff like Digimon is easy to find to watch nowadays, though!

Way back in the day, the clips would be posted on a site called the Anime Intro Archive. The guy who ran the site had openings and endings for the vast majority of anime at the time (I remember seeing Japanese Pokemon openings for the first time there circa 2000 as well), and would also post several clips from Digimon each week right after it aired. I remember finding out about the site for the first time from Megchan's board, and then I would go there each week after Digimon aired in Japan.

Full episodes were definitely a lot harder to come by, though. I remember finding them every now and then, but it wasn't until later Tamers/Frontier that I remember them being fairly easy to come by.

Some of my fondest early fandom memories come from downloading those clips, reading translations for them, reading script summaries from folks in Japan, etc. It was definitely a stranger way to experience the show compared to what we can do now, but it was a lot of fun at the time.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Way back in the day, the clips would be posted on a site called the Anime Intro Archive. The guy who ran the site had openings and endings for the vast majority of anime at the time (I remember seeing Japanese Pokemon openings for the first time there circa 2000 as well), and would also post several clips from Digimon each week right after it aired. I remember finding out about the site for the first time from Megchan's board, and then I would go there each week after Digimon aired in Japan.

Full episodes were definitely a lot harder to come by, though. I remember finding them every now and then, but it wasn't until later Tamers/Frontier that I remember them being fairly easy to come by.

Some of my fondest early fandom memories come from downloading those clips, reading translations for them, reading script summaries from folks in Japan, etc. It was definitely a stranger way to experience the show compared to what we can do now, but it was a lot of fun at the time.

Whooooa I remember that site! It was right after I came across subbed Digimon, did I find a wide-world of other anime only available in Japanese. The site too helped me find a bunch of new shows. 2001-2002 was a GLORIOUS age of anime and SO many good shows came from then. But yeah every Digimon fan used Megchan's back then. I think it was her that also did the Digimon gijinka art? Splash too, if you remember that name (and she's still around too! Mostly with Pokemon stuff, nowadays). No one uses that term anymore though, but I still remember it :p And yeah, clips can sometimes be found, but barely ever found 02 stuff. Tamers was when everything really blew up.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well of COURSE the Garurumon statue is an online exclusive! *checks BiJ* Well of COURSE it already sold out there! Ugh, of course it's during the busy holiday that these things go up when I'm not checking >_>

Hopefully Rightstuf will have it like they've been getting the other ones...

So the DW1 ost that is the preorder bonus is a code, right? How are those redeemed? Through PSN?

Also, I'm three episodes into Tri, and it's unremarkable. I'm watching because I loved Adventure back in the day, otherwise I probably would have dropped it by now.

Stuart444

So I'm onto the final Demon Lord in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. Lucemon: Chaos Mode.

I got utterly annihilated by him. Toughest Demon Lord easily. I think it's his speed, if not for that, I'd have recovered easily in my first attempt but that speed combined with his attack power is deadly.

On the bright side, destroying Lucemon (before he goes Chaos) with Character Reverse (inflicts bug) and then Phantom Pain from Lilithmon killing Lucemon in one hit was hilarious.

Top Bottom