• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Tusk

I wonder if we'll get Hackmon's evolution, Jesmon in Tri? Playing Digimon Story: CS got me thinking.

Of course we know almost nothing about him or Alphamon in Tri yet so we'll see what happens lol.

More than likely will be saved for part 5 or 6. I'm hoping they show his adult and perfect forms along with his ultimate.

Speaking of CS, pretty disappointed it didn't have those two forms actually. Atleast Next Order will more than likely have them.

I actually wasn't specifically thinking of Rina returning, but it makes sense to do so. Nice to see Omega Shoutmon in, too.

I haven't played Decoded so I dunno her backstory, but I'm guessing she's well recieved in Japan so she's become a recurring character with Mirei. She's pretty hilarious in Japanese though in CS.

In other news, the full version of Accentier by Eir Aoi - Digimon Next Order's Theme is out(or leaked or something, it's online though).

Stuart444

I haven't played Decoded so I dunno her backstory, but I'm guessing she's well recieved in Japan so she's become a recurring character with Mirei. She's pretty hilarious in Japanese though in CS.

In other news, the full version of Accentier by Eir Aoi - Digimon Next Order's Theme is out(or leaked or something, it's online though).

Leaked. Not out until the start of March.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B019N6HL5S/

(I have it on pre-order. Not pre-ordered the actual game cause I don't think I'll have the money then XD. Will see if I can buy it while in Japan probably.)

Stuart444

Stuart, I noticed last night that the OT never got finished haha.

Yeah, been meaning to but been crazy busy with stuff irl. (also serial procrastinator. :p)

Hoping to do more/all of it by Tri 2. (and I can actually put some form of description for Tri now since this was made before we even knew the current format XD)

I used to hate how Taomon/Sakuyamon never received a CG digivolution sequence but they both won in the end since their's aged the best lol.

Tamers' digivolutions in general were amazing.

Tamer's rookie to champion digivolutions are still some of my favorite of any series. Sakuyamon and Rapidmon are the only other two from Tamers I really like.

EmperorGreymon's and MagnaGarurumon's in Frontier's were interesting but I don't really like either Digimon. The fusion digivolutions or whatever combining the human and beast spirits were called are probably my favorite from Frontier.

Stuart444

I know not everyone likes the dub or the dub songs but:

The official Facebook page for American band The B-52's announced that band member Paul Gordon passed away on Thursday. He was 52.

Gordon collaborated on songs for Saban's English version of Digimon and Transformers: Robots in Disguise, as well as Power Rangers Wild Force. The Digimon songs he co-wrote and performed include the main theme song, "Let's Kick It Up," "Change Into Power," "Hey Digimon," and the "Digi-Rap."

Source: Anime News Network

I know not everyone likes the dub or the dub songs but:

Source: Anime News Network

They may not have been better as songs, but they were catchy as hell & better for the Western audience/children. RIP.

In other news, the Alphamon figure seems to have had a reprint since Amazon US had been out of stock for 2 months+ and the figure was available for $95+ , back down to 75 now. The metalgarurumon one went back to RRP. Seems like Cybersleuth's rekindling the Digimon fanbase :D.

Loam

Ok, help me out here. I recently got around to seeing Tri after watching the original show again for the first time in years (subbed this time, wow what a difference), and I'm a little confused on what I assume is a major plot point. Now, I've only ever seen Adventure 01 and maybe an accumulative five or so episodes of Adventure 02 so that might be the problem but (Tri spoilers obviously)
what in the world was the deal with the flashes of the 02 cast getting strait up murdered? Was it a flashback to something that happened in the 2nd season, or was that supposed to be happening in the digital world at the same time we're following the main cast?

Stuart444

Ok, help me out here. I recently got around to seeing Tri after watching the original show again for the first time in years (subbed this time, wow what a difference), and I'm a little confused on what I assume is a major plot point. Now, I've only ever seen Adventure 01 and maybe an accumulative five or so episodes of Adventure 02 so that might be the problem but (Tri spoilers obviously)
what in the world was the deal with the flashes of the 02 cast getting strait up murdered? Was it a flashback to something that happened in the 2nd season, or was that supposed to be happening in the digital world at the same time we're following the main cast?

It's a currently unexplained events but based on the PV for Tri 2, we may start to find out what the hell happened due to (small PV spoiler):
The Digimon Kaiser/Emperor showing up. You'll remember him from 02 and if you reached the bit where he was revealed then you know who he was.
If not, he's
Ken

Spoiler'd that second bit incase you don't want to know (ie planning to watch Adventure 02 or something, if not, feel free to click it as well)

Loam

Ah ok, good to know I'm not missing anything. Also, for anyone who has experience with Bandai, do they normally do reprints of their premium stuff? I'm in full nostalgia mode, and totally want one of those digivices/vpets, but good lord at those re-seller prices.

Tusk

Ah ok, good to know I'm not missing anything. Also, for anyone who has experience with Bandai, do they normally do reprints of their premium stuff? I'm in full nostalgia mode, and totally want one of those digivices/vpets, but good lord at those re-seller prices.

A Paildramon/Dinobeemon colored D3 goes up for pre-order next month. Only like 3000 being made though.

is this official art?

new-digimon-adventure-tri-poster-original-cast-ret_var4.1920.jpg

Seraphimon looks terrible in that picture.
That was one of my first thoughts too. How's dmw2 going?
Given that we haven't ever gotten 'canon' Megas for a good chunk of those, that's likely fan art/fan edit of art. It seems sort of likely that Magnadramon will be Gatomon's Mega.
I think it makes more sense for gatomon's mega to be ophanimon rather than magnadramon though. Yes she digivolved to it in that one movie but it's weird to make that her canon mega.
Nah, those ultimates being their, and Holydramon not being Tailmons ultimate gives it away.
Stuart hinted to me in the cyber sleuth thread that all the digidestined will be mega in tri, so I guess we will find out.

That was one of my first thoughts too. How's dmw2 going?

I think it makes more sense for gatomon's mega to be ophanimon rather than magnadramon though. Yes she digivolved to it in that one movie but it's weird to make that her canon mega.
Stuart hinted to me in the cyber sleuth thread that all the digidestined will be mega in tri, so I guess we will find out.

Haven't touched it since I got Cyber Sleuth. Haven't touched Cyber Sleuth for awhile either since I've been sick since Monday.

At times I wish Phoenixmon was an ultimate level digimon with Garudamon being mega, because the latter's design is infinitely more badass than the former's.

Garudamon will probably be the only ultimate level digimon I don't evolve into a mega in my playthrough of Cyber Sleuth lmao.

I found out both Houhoumon and Herculeskabuterimon can digivolve even further into their respective, what I would called, "King of Beast" form.

Qurupeke

And while everyone plays Cyber Sleuth, I found out that my PSX is still working! And my copy of Digimon World 2 is still playable, even though it looks terrible. lol I think I'll give it a try.

The megas were confirmed via the new digivices and something else I can't remember, but vikemon & rosemon being in the next movie also supports them. Gatomon gets magnadramon

And while everyone plays Cyber Sleuth, I found out that my PSX is still working! And my copy of Digimon World 2 is still playable, even though it looks terrible. lol I think I'll give it a try.
I played dmw2 for countless hours. Cyber sleuth is a completely different game but there an interesting layer of similarity.
The megas were confirmed via the new digivices and something else I can't remember, but vikemon & rosemon being in the next movie also supports them. Gatomon gets magnadramon
so 100% for sure not ophanimon?

That really makes no sense

Qurupeke

I played dmw2 for countless hours. Cyber sleuth is a completely different game but there an interesting layer of similarity.

I'm saving up for a PS4 and CS, so DMW2 is like the appetizer. :p I really like the dungeon crawling aspect of it, it's a rather unique mechanic but I've seen people that were put off by it, even me about a decade ago. lol

I'm saving up for a PS4 and CS, so DMW2 is like the appetizer. :p I really like the dungeon crawling aspect of it, it's a rather unique mechanic but I've seen people that were put off by it, even me about a decade ago. lol
the actual dungeon crawling didn't put me off, but there was so much wrong with that fucking game.

still, i played the fuck out of it. where are you at right now?

Qurupeke

the actual dungeon crawling didn't put me off, but there was so much wrong with that fucking game.

still, i played the fuck out of it. where are you at right now?

I only did the early first dungeon stuff to check if the Memory Card worked. I'll play more later so I'll post some impressions when I'm deeper in the game. A few years ago I had tried the game and something messed up my save and I lost 20+ hours of progress and so I abandoned it. Still not sure if it was a bug or something else.

Stuart444

Ok. In that case, not that I really give a fuck about the adventure 2 characters, but where the fuck are they?

Story related. We'll find out soon.
Possibly in Tri 2 since the Digimon Kaiser/Emperor is in it.

I doubt we'll find out everything so soon
(about what happened to them at the start of Tri 1 and why no one has mentioned them)
but I'm sure we'll find out what happened to them soon enough.

(side note: Does stuff from Tri 1 even need spoiler tagged now since it's been a few months? I'm just tagging everything in case lol)

Top Bottom