• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Story related. We'll find out soon.
Possibly in Tri 2 since the Digimon Kaiser/Emperor is in it.

I doubt we'll find out everything so soon
(about what happened to them at the start of Tri 1 and why no one has mentioned them)
but I'm sure we'll find out what happened to them soon enough.

(side note: Does stuff from Tri 1 even need spoiler tagged now since it's been a few months? I'm just tagging everything in case lol)

well whatever happens. if daisuke is the one to end up with kari, i swear to god I will connect jump into the screen and punch his fucking face off.

Croc

Banned
Honestly the thing I'm looking most forward to out of all of Tri is seeing the digivolutions of that maine coon Digimon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just realized that the Angemon/Angewomon figures are out today. I hope the eBay guy ships them soon. I hate doing eBay pre-orders but I was late in the game on it (and then Rightstuf put them up for cheaper later on, of course...) I did shoot out a message, so hopefully soon when Japan wakes up.

Just realized that the Angemon/Angewomon figures are out today. I hope the eBay guy ships them soon. I hate doing eBay pre-orders but I was late in the game on it (and then Rightstuf put them up for cheaper later on, of course...) I did shoot out a message, so hopefully soon when Japan wakes up.

Hopefully some people cancel their orders, I want the angemon one but don't mind missing out on it.

I started a new file in Digimon World, and after recruiting Agumon, Kunemon, and Palmon I opened access to Tropical Jungle. After sleeping, I then recruited Betamon and made my way back to save to find Piximon hanging around.
I had no idea he showed up so early in the game. I thought you had to reach a certain level of prosperity points.

alright, fair enough. but let's just think forward digivolutions. does it make more sense for an angel to become a more powerful angel or a dragon?
I like to think Magnadramon is an angel myself (I mean she looks majestic, has wings and everything), but one which represents the animal kingdom.

Well that, or she could be Seraphimon's steed lmao.

It doesn't matter if these evolutions 'make sense' in the end though. The beauty of Digimon is the branching evolutions. So both Ophanimon and Magnadramon are canon as far as I'm concerned.

---

Today I learned the writing on Seraphimon's cloth was a quote from Sephiroth in FFVII. What kind of bizarre easter egg.

Drop

I like to think Magnadramon is an angel myself (I mean she looks majestic, has wings and everything), but one which represents the animal kingdom. And I like that

It doesn't matter if these evolutions 'make sense' in the end though. The beauty of Digimon is the branching evolutions. So both Ophanimon and Magnadramon are canon as far as I'm concerned.

---

Today I learned the writing on Seraphimon's cloth was a quote from Sephiroth in FFVII. What kind of bizarre easter egg.

It's no stretch to see Magnadramon as an angel, I mean, it's an holy dragon after all, it's not that far away.

I also like how it's presented in the movie with Magnadramon flying around Seraphimon in circle, it works really well.

I like to think Magnadramon is an angel myself (I mean she looks majestic, has wings and everything), but one which represents the animal kingdom. And I like that

---

yeah, I suppose I could look at it like that.

and wtf @ that ffs7 easter egg...seems so random haha

Qurupeke

DMW2 has sooo much grinding. In order to get some of the cool digimon like Skullgreymon and Omnimon, I'll need to do a lot of digivolving... And I checked on the internet and the game seems to be 60+ hours long... I'm a bit over 5 hours now and I got Metal Greymon and beat the Bios domain. The game is certainly more fun than I thought, but the loading times are killing me. 3 vs 3 battles are a snoozefest.

DMW2 has sooo much grinding. In order to get some of the cool digimon like Skullgreymon and Omnimon, I'll need to do a lot of digivolving... And I checked on the internet and the game seems to be 60+ hours long... I'm a bit over 5 hours now and I got Metal Greymon and beat the Bios domain. The game is certainly more fun than I thought, but the loading times are killing me. 3 vs 3 battles are a snoozefest.

You can eventually catch SkullGreymon. His skill is terrible though.

Zubz

Banned
Man, I used to love Digimon! I haven't really seen/played much with the series in forever, though. I'm assuming the old show doesn't hold up as an adult, but do any of the newer series?

Also, does anyone know how well Cyber Sleuth did in the US yet? I haven't been able to buy it yet (It looks good!), but I'm really hoping it does well so Next Order has a better chance of coming out here. I loved the first Digimon World as a kid, so I'd love to play a direct follow-up.

Croc

Banned
Kind of on a similar note, I restarted Digimon World Dusk after beating Cyber Sleuth cause I wanted more Digimon to play but like...I dunno if I can do it.

I enjoy it for the most part but good god the encounter rate is so fucking high I feel like I can't take two steps without getting in a battle and then I end up forgetting where I was even going. I was really looking forward to playing this one since it has so many more DIgimon but I think I might just have to shelf this one again and call it a loss.

I'm gonna push through a little further to see if I get a bit more used to it but jeeze, I'm not sure.

i've been curious about something...why are all the recent games playstation exclusive? isn't it usually playstation + nintendo? do these games just not sell well on nintendo platforms?

shit...you know you could've caught 2 metalgreymons? mark schultz gives you a toy plane but if you go to the digimon center or whatever, chris connor gives you another one and after you catch metalgreymon once, as long as you don't beat the boss you can go back and catch him again, and again, and again.

Stuart444

i've been curious about something...why are all the recent games playstation exclusive? isn't it usually playstation + nintendo? do these games just not sell well on nintendo platforms?

Maybe 3DS is too limiting now? Last game was Decode which was an enhanced port of a PSP game.

3DS may not be able to handle Digimon Story: CS/Digimon World: Next Order

CrazyDude

Digimon.Adventure.full.1974302.jpg
White day poster.

Man, I used to love Digimon! I haven't really seen/played much with the series in forever, though. I'm assuming the old show doesn't hold up as an adult, but do any of the newer series?

Also, does anyone know how well Cyber Sleuth did in the US yet? I haven't been able to buy it yet (It looks good!), but I'm really hoping it does well so Next Order has a better chance of coming out here. I loved the first Digimon World as a kid, so I'd love to play a direct follow-up.

YMMV, but the original (Adventure) definitely holds up. If you are okay with 90's cheese you might even like the dub, but the Japanese version is way better (no, I'm not saying subs are always superior, but when it comes to Digimon they are).

Tamers is great (like, really great) and Savers is good too. Frontier is great until later in the season when it completely falls apart (it also has humans turning into Digimon which might turn you off). I think Xros Wars is good as well, but it seems to be divisive on here.

Adventure 02 and Young Hunters are the weakest of the bunch, imo.

We won't know about Cyber Sleuth until numbers come out next month or Bandai Namco tells us. It appeared to have a good opening week in the UK though, and orders in general were "higher than expected".

Kind of on a similar note, I restarted Digimon World Dusk after beating Cyber Sleuth cause I wanted more Digimon to play but like...I dunno if I can do it.

I enjoy it for the most part but good god the encounter rate is so fucking high I feel like I can't take two steps without getting in a battle and then I end up forgetting where I was even going. I was really looking forward to playing this one since it has so many more DIgimon but I think I might just have to shelf this one again and call it a loss.

I'm gonna push through a little further to see if I get a bit more used to it but jeeze, I'm not sure.

I don't know if I could go back to the DS World games after playing Cyber Sleuth. Everything felt so laborious in those.

I had to play on psp with fast disc loading because playing my disc on PS3 was just so tiring waiting for those ten second load times.

Yes, the game is very, very grindy. It awards very little exp, and when megas require so much, it becomes a drag. I dropped it after 50 hours, and I wasn't even close to the ending. Getting new powerful Digimon is fun, defeating bosses/tournament is fun, but everything else kind of sucks.

Maybe 3DS is too limiting now? Last game was Decode which was an enhanced port of a PSP game.

3DS may not be able to handle Digimon Story: CS/Digimon World: Next Order
hm, well we do have redigitize that was released for 3ds and never saw the light of day on vita. if i'm not mistaken that was the last digimon game on a nintendo platform.

so maybe when nx comes out.
White day poster.
lol, tk's pose is a bit girly

Stuart444

http://withthewill.net/threads/1580...Figure-Potentially-Cancelled-Outside-of-Japan

A social media post from SD Distribuciones (a figure distributor in Spain) has shed information that has suggested that the GEM Hikari and Angewomon figure may be cancelled for countries outside of Japan and Asia.

A translation of their announcement is that Megahouse has cancelled distribution of the figure in Europe, the USA, and Latin America.

The reason given is seemingly based on Angewomon's outfit.

Megahouse apparently has concerns (it's unknown if this is from Megahouse or SD Distribuciones assuming) that with Digimon popular among children, they have concerns at how they will be viewed if the figure is released in other countries (If any of our Spanish speaking members go to the source link and do a better translation of SDD's various comments it would be appreciated.)

Update- Crunchyroll has removed their page for the Angewomon/Hikari GEM figure and there are reports of them refunding people.

Stuart444

I thought the children that like digimon outside of Japan were all adults by now.

If you're referencing the comment about Cyber Sleuth, remember, that was made by one of the people who worked on the game. While this decision is coming from a different entity than the ones who made the game.

The main thing that annoys me is... it wasn't an issue with Digimon Adventure. I don't see why it should be an issue now.

Meh.

Drop

If you're referencing the comment about Cyber Sleuth, remember, that was made by one of the people who worked on the game. While this decision is coming from a different entity than the ones who made the game.

The main thing that annoys me is... it wasn't an issue with Digimon Adventure. I don't see why it should be an issue now.

Meh.

I don't know what comment you're talking about, I was just commenting on this:
that with Digimon popular among children, they have concerns at how they will be viewed if the figure is released in other countries

It seems really weird to me, I thought today's children didn't even know what digimon is, it's a justification that would have made sense 10 years ago.

Stuart444

I don't know what comment you're talking about, I was just commenting on this

Ah, I thought you were referencing where one of the guys who worked on Cyber Sleuth say they made the game for the fans of Digimon who are adults now. (was mentioned in a video interview or something I think lol)

They're still selling Digimon fusion stuff in the UK, which is aimed at kids . Digimon hasn't been a popular cartoon here for a while though (According to my younger siblings & other extended family's childrens disinterest).

Zubz

Banned
YMMV, but the original (Adventure) definitely holds up. If you are okay with 90's cheese you might even like the dub, but the Japanese version is way better (no, I'm not saying subs are always superior, but when it comes to Digimon they are).

Tamers is great (like, really great) and Savers is good too. Frontier is great until later in the season when it completely falls apart (it also has humans turning into Digimon which might turn you off). I think Xros Wars is good as well, but it seems to be divisive on here.

Adventure 02 and Young Hunters are the weakest of the bunch, imo.

We won't know about Cyber Sleuth until numbers come out next month or Bandai Namco tells us. It appeared to have a good opening week in the UK though, and orders in general were "higher than expected".

I don't know if I could go back to the DS World games after playing Cyber Sleuth. Everything felt so laborious in those.

Huh. I guess I'll have to check out Tamers some time! And that's promising with Cyber Sleuth. Thanks!

johnsmith

remember me
Crunchyroll cancelled my Angewomon order. Too sexy for America.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-941205/canceled-item-gem-angewomon-hikari-figure

Hey everyone, not great news this time.

Due to a recent development, we're unable to fulfill orders for the G.E.M Angewomon & Hikari figure. The manufacturer, Megahouse, has halted production of the figure and is no longer providing it to North American and European retailers.

This cancellation came at the order of the original rights holders. They wanted to market Digimon as a child-friendly property, and though this Angewomon figure wasn't appropriate for that image.

We'll issue a refund for all orders--once we make the refund, it normally takes 3-5 business days to reflect in your account.

If you ordered the bundle set, we will notify you to check if you would like to still keep Angemon &Takeru.

If you have any questions, please contact us via the HELP/FAQ link at the bottom of any Crunchyroll page, and we will answer them to the best of our ability.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience as we know many people were looking forward to the figure.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Geeze that's messed up :/ Darn Japan worried about image and the whole western market thing... (They don't honestly think kids are buying these, do they?)

I guess it's a good thing I got mine off eBay, then! I assume BiJ will be able to fulfill those orders at least, though.

EDIT: On second read... are they cancelling production on it, period??

Stuart444

Geeze that's messed up :/ Darn Japan worried about image and the whole western market thing... (They don't honestly think kids are buying these, do they?)

I guess it's a good thing I got mine off eBay, then! I assume BiJ will be able to fulfill those orders at least, though.

EDIT: On second read... are they cancelling production on it, period??

See the wtw link I posted above. Seems it's cancelled just outside of Japan

Random thing I noticed when Adventure briefly aired on Nicktoons was Matt and TK's dad smoking in the background. Been tempted to try watching it subbed but I'm not sure how it'll change my opinion on it.

Speaking of figures, anybody know where we can import the banpresto plushies? I saw a guilmon, veemon, terriermon & Agumon set in a crane game in japan but I didn't want to waste loads of money since I didn't know how to win them at the time.

Digimon World website updated with screen shots. I want to say the Titamon profile is new too, but I haven't been keeping up with news lately.

Feel that Xros Wars:
cSO7QqC.jpg

I'm not a fan of Angewomon's pose myself, but it's not like she's less dressed than she is in the show kids can watch on Netflix. It's ridiculous they won't release it here. "Popular among children", hahaha. Not in the US, man.

This is sort of funny coming after Cyber Sleuth's release.

What does the yellow growlmon evolve into? Haven't seen it before. Not much info online. Is it just a different colour? There's a blackguilmon, so I assume it's not chaosdukemon.

Croc

Banned
What does the yellow growlmon evolve into? Haven't seen it before. Not much info online. Is it just a different colour? There's a blackguilmon, so I assume it's not chaosdukemon.

According to the wiki he digivolves from Falcomon and into WarGrowlmon (Yellow). But there's no digivolution listed for WarGrowlmon (Yellow).

Honestly seeing him in this pic is giving me hope they're putting in a lot more Digimon and maybe some more obscure ones too since I don't really see much of a point in throwing that yellow line in there

According to the wiki he digivolves from Falcomon and into WarGrowlmon (Yellow). But there's no digivolution listed for WarGrowlmon (Yellow).

Honestly seeing him in this pic is giving me hope they're putting in a lot more Digimon and maybe some more obscure ones too since I don't really see much of a point in throwing that yellow line in there

Ah, yeah I saw that. Might be like Psychemon or w.e the gabumon re colour was called in Digimon World 1

Tusk

http://wikimon.net/Megalo_Growmon_(Orange)

According to that he evolves into War Greymon, Dukemon, and Chaos Dukemon

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Angemon and Angewomon are on their way. I'm so happy! :D At least Lillymon isn't suggestive and end up being embargoed too.

Some new teaser images from Newtype, some Japanese magazine:

"The up-coming Webnewtype magazine to be release on February 29th with the name: "New Type: Romance" has special feature on Tri.
What are Agumon and Gabumon doing?
Before the premier of Chapter two, let's look back at the bond between Taichi and Yamato together through special interview with Taichi's CV: Hanae and comments from Yamato's CV: Hosoya."
IMG_20160228_033103.jpg

IMG_20160228_033105.jpg

Also some Taichi vs Yamato hype stuff:

IMG_20160228_033106.jpg

Source:http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/info-twitter-up-coming-webnewtype.html

Started watching tamers on my quest watch the rest if the series(,only watched the first two). Only in episode 2 but holy crap is this rika girl a dick i can already tell she's a jerk to her digimon.

Top Bottom