• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

The cast in Tamers are pretty much all great. Impmon, Yamaki, Ruki, Renamon, Jianliang, Terriermon, Takato, Juri, etc. Everyone is awesome in that show.

Drop

O definitely only seen the lil thing 3 times so far and he's great. But than again im biased terriermon was my cyber sleuth partner.
Terriermon was my cyber sleuth starter because of Tamers :p

The cast in Tamers are pretty much all great. Impmon, Yamaki, Ruki, Renamon, Jianliang, Terriermon, Takato, Juri, etc. Everyone is awesome in that show.
Yeah, the characters are great it's really hard to pick favourites.

Stuart444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMnZCFW-qn4

Digimon World: Next Order - 50 minutes of gameplay via Gematsu

The gameplay can be found at the following times in the video:

14:40 – 27:50 (starts from the beginning of the game)
32:35 – 42:30
50:10 – 1:21:20

edit: The cutscenes look rather nice. Also the whole ExE thing was pretty cool.

Also the egg music is back when you need to choose a new egg. A lot more eggs now and there are small pictures showing what you get. (ie Botamon -> Koromon -> "?" - guessing it's a ? because rookie/child level Digimon have multiple paths from in-training. Just like the original DW game)

In the second gameplay section: Lilymon can Digivolve into...
ALPHAMON?

The hub town/city in this seems to be called
フローティア (Flow Tear?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMnZCFW-qn4

Digimon World: Next Order - 50 minutes of gameplay via Gematsu

edit: The cutscenes look rather nice. Also the whole ExE thing was pretty cool.

Also the egg music is back when you need to choose a new egg. A lot more eggs now and there are small pictures showing what you get. (ie Botamon -> Koromon -> "?" - guessing it's a ? because rookie/child level Digimon have multiple paths from in-training. Just like the original DW game)

ALPHAMON?

The hub town/city in this seems to be called
フローティア (Flow Tear?)

Oh man the music, the selection sounds,the mega's running around this is like a DW1 fans wet dream. I'm definitly importing this once a english guide goes up. The battle system looks really slow and simple though, it may as well have been turn based =/.
The file city theme remix(It's only a little different?) made me so nostalgic af, don't think I've been this happy remembering stuff for a long time. This game NEEDS a PS4 upscale, looks beutiful and less blue than CS :D.

Frontier,for the city name;maybe?

We get to choose our own eggs at the beginning. Dreams come true!

I can see where we might start missing some Digimon from Cyber Sleuth. If a baby doesn't come from one of those eggs, they probably are not in the game (i.e. Wanyamon, Pyokomon)

ALPHAMON?

I think that's just an item evolution, not "natural".

Stuart444

Oh man the music, the selection sounds,the mega's running around this is like a DW1 fans wet dream. I'm definitly importing this once a english guide goes up. The battle system looks really slow and simple though, it may as well have been turn based =/.
The file city theme remix(It's only a little different?) made me so nostalgic af, don't think I've been this happy remembering stuff for a long time. This game NEEDS a PS4 upscale, looks beutiful and less blue than CS :D.

Frontier,for the city name;maybe?

Ah, frontier makes sense haha. :D

Battle system may seem simple but more complicated I think than the original DW1 game. It'd make sense that they don't want to deviate too much from it though since they are playing the Nostalgia card hard with this.

I can see where we might start missing some Digimon from Cyber Sleuth. If a baby doesn't come from one of those eggs, they probably are not in the game (i.e. Wanyamon, Pyokomon)

I think that's just an item evolution, not "natural".

Maybe but the evolution was still pretty cool to see.

Choosing our own eggs is awesome though yeah. Maybe we unlock more eggs later on?
probably not but it'd be cool if we could >.>

The models look really nice though. <3

Ah, frontier makes sense haha. :D

Battle system may seem simple but more complicated I think than the original DW1 game. It'd make sense that they don't want to deviate too much from it though since they are playing the Nostalgia card hard with this.

Maybe but the evolution was still pretty cool to see.

Choosing our own eggs is awesome though yeah. Maybe we unlock more eggs later on?
probably not but it'd be cool if we could >.>

The models look really nice though. <3

It looks much different, I mean the game pauses every time you bring up a menu ><. That and it being slow already, DW1's system was faster imo. It's like the Digimon are following a flow diagram. Is Digimon 1 attacking -> Yes -> Attack after 2 seconds.
They did everything else awesome though. Are you gonna be importing this? I've never imported a game from Japan so Amazon JP and CdJapan are the only places I know for the UK.

Stuart444

Are you gonna be importing this? I've never imported a game from Japan so Amazon JP and CdJapan are the only places I know for the UK.

I won't, might pick it up while in Japan though.

Play-asia, Yes-asia, ebay or CDJapan are the ones that come to mind when it comes to importing games. Amazon JP doesn't work for importing GAMES to the UK (unless you use a middle man). Seems to be one of the very few things Amazon JP doesn't ship to the UK sadly otherwise I'd be using them exclusively.

Amiami also works (for pre-ordering, they don't tend to have copies after they sell out) but it's a lot harder to cancel from them so I wouldn't recommend it unless you know you won't be cancelling it.

I won't, might pick it up while in Japan though.

Play-asia, Yes-asia, ebay or CDJapan are the ones that come to mind when it comes to importing games. Amazon JP doesn't work for importing GAMES to the UK (unless you use a middle man). Seems to be one of the very few things Amazon JP doesn't ship to the UK sadly otherwise I'd be using them exclusively.

Amiami also works (for pre-ordering, they don't tend to have copies after they sell out) but it's a lot harder to cancel from them so I wouldn't recommend it unless you know you won't be cancelling it.

Oh, totally forgot you were going to japan!
Ah yeah, play+yesasia are normally more expensive though and I get hit with import fee's with them & amiami ... Which wouldn't be a problem if the postal companies didn't stick a £10ish fee of their own -_-. Sucks AmazonJP don't offer that, I've only used them to send stuff to a friends house who ships it to me,but i don't want to bother him for a game.

Stuart444

Oh, totally forgot you were going to japan!
Ah yeah, play+yesasia are normally more expensive though and I get hit with import fee's with them & amiami ... Which wouldn't be a problem if the postal companies didn't stick a £10ish fee of their own -_-. Sucks AmazonJP don't offer that, I've only used them to send stuff to a friends house who ships it to me,but i don't want to bother him for a game.

Haha, yeah, not much other choices unfortunately :(. The import fees suck so much especially :/

And yeah if I wasn't going to Japan, I'd probably be more tempted to pre-order NO but alas.

Don't think we've seen anything on it yet but I wouldn't mind if they did another Seadramon like thing >.> where you need to fish for him XD. Also hoping for some mini-games like Curling or the Tournament stuff that MetalGreyMon ran in the original DW.

At the very least, it looks like it will be easier to get non-numemon Digimon in this so hopefully if it gets localized, that will be a plus point for people who only ever got Numemon in the original XD.

Haha, yeah, not much other choices unfortunately :(. The import fees suck so much especially :/

And yeah if I wasn't going to Japan, I'd probably be more tempted to pre-order NO but alas.

Don't think we've seen anything on it yet but I wouldn't mind if they did another Seadramon like thing >.> where you need to fish for him XD. Also hoping for some mini-games like Curling or the Tournament stuff that MetalGreyMon ran in the original DW.

At the very least, it looks like it will be easier to get non-numemon Digimon in this so hopefully if it gets localized, that will be a plus point for people who only ever got Numemon in the original XD.

Yeah stuff like Seadramon which you didn't suspect & the variations of events like that, on a ps1 game, this is why DW1 is still my GOAT. The minigames were fun, hopefully they don't use Re:digitized crappy unfun systems.
You mean Greymon's arena? Metalgreymon just gave you those weird names... Greymon ran the tournament/arena in Re digitized so most likely!
Even with a guide I still got Numemon sometimes ;_; , running through gear savana & misty peaks to get monzaemon was fun, dodging everything which would kill me in 2 hits. I'm guessing they'll implement more QOL things , since games nowadays hold your hand alot more in general. I just saw the exchange rate, this game is gonna be expensive ><.

Also, seems Tri merchandising is in full throttle on twitter:

CcVa8V5UsAAjy3K.jpg:large

CcVZ3v1VIAEC3PV.jpg:large

CcYFJrFUUAAJMbk.jpg:large

Also a new screen:

CcXMMWtUkAAFkGH.jpg:large

I didn't know I wanted Ninjameicoomon until now, he looks awesome. The Japanese maiden thing on palmon is cool as well! Seems the artists are getting more comfortable .

Stuart444

You mean Greymon's arena? Metalgreymon just gave you those weird names... Greymon ran the tournament/arena in Re digitized so most likely!

I didn't know I wanted Ninjameicoomon until now, he looks awesome. The Japanese maiden thing on palmon is cool as well! Seems the artists are getting more comfortable .

Yeah, Greymon. Sorry, I just remember MetalGreymon more easily since he is hard to miss once you recruit him in there so said that haha.

And yeah, meicoomon is just too cute <3

Not only that, but they show Digimon hatches from each one. No more memorizing which color corresponds to each Baby.

There do seem to be some notable missing babies, though. Unless you unlock more Digitama later in the game or something.

LycanXIII

Got an email from Play-Asia. Was this known about Next Order?

First Print copies of Digimon World: Next Order include:
Digital re-print of the Digimon World (1990) original soundtrack (36 songs, 110 minutes).
A 'Ver. Nostalgic' theme based on the Digimon Virtual Pet and a 'Ver. Dot' theme based on the pixilated Digimon that inhabit the Digimon Virtual Pet.
'Training Start Dash Set' - 6 hour stat boosts.
Special Talking Agumon & Gabumon Digi-egg - hatches a talking Agumon and talking Gabumon.
Unknown Mega Evolution Core - select one core from five that lets you evolve into Susanoomon, Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, Omnimon, Gallantmon, or ShiningGreymon.

Bandai Namco Entertainment are once again bringing the world of Digimon to the PS Vita, where players can digivolve, battle, and travel alongside their Digimon — who will now have even more personality with the addition of facial expressions and more training elements!

For the first time in the Digimon World series players will now be able to choose between a male or female protagonist, both of which are seniors at high school, default names Takuto & Shiki. Players will be able to customize the protagonists names.

Catch a glimpse of the world we'll be able to enter this March....
Prologue:
It's been a long time… your heart flutters in your chest as you start up the Digivice. In an instant, your entire body is covered in a pure white light.

When you wake up, you're in a mysterious world with no entrance or exit.

Shattering your confusion, an unknown threat attacks. And your dear partners come rushing to your dilemma. The bonds that were almost broken are connected, and a path is formed.

It's the last summer vacation of high school. From a miraculous light, the gate to a new adventure opens.

Story 01:
After the protagonist wanders into the Digital World, he is attacked by Mugendramon. Somehow able to escape just in time, he encounters Jijimon and witnesses the disastrous state of the starting town, which was repeatedly attacked by Mugendramon. Unable to find a way home, the hero decides to help rebuild the town. He soon meets Himari and Kouta. The town’s recovery looked like it was going well, but…

Story 02:
Although the city's reconstruction was progressing smoothly after meeting Himari and Kouta, a way to counter the threat of Mugendramon is still unknown. In the midst of all that, the heroes head for Taomon, the leading sage of the Digital World, even more so than Jijimon, to learn the truth about what is currently happening to this world…

Story 03:
The protagonists learned the truth about Digimon living in the Digital World who change into Mugendramon via their "different configurations." But even now, they're unable to figure out a solution to the problem.

At that time, an "Enforcer" [Digimon] with a strange aura and a man with a knitted black hat firing a sharp glance appeared, and a new situation entered the story…

The Digimon World series wouldn't be what it is without Partner Training! Digimon World: Next Order will be expanding upon it and the "Care" system by allowing players to care for, and adventure with, two Digimon at the same time.

"ExE"-volution (usually displayed as "ExE") is a new system that appears in Digimon World: Next Order where raising the bond power that players have with their partner Digimon will result in a miraculous evolution.

Digimon will also be much more dynamic in Next Order: on top of the initial announcement of facial expressions Digimon may also expect players to praise them after a successful battle, or even take the battle into their own hands if they see fit. A discipline element has also been added which allows players to select commands when necessary, whether you praise or scold them is up to you!

Battles have undergone some large changes, most notably the introduction of the cheering mechanic which allows players to encourage certain tactics that your Digimon has chosen (or not chosen) to follow. After players have encountered an enemy they will be able to perform actions (items, tactics, Digimon selection) while their Digimon prepare for battle. Once the battle has begun players will be able to cheer on their digital friends, who will react to the encouragement.

Stuart444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN4IfNxUHls

First 10 minutes of Digimon Adventure Tri 2: Determination shown today on their nico stream.

(extended preview obviously if you've seen the first 5 minutes from the last stream)

Sound quality isn't the best but damn it, I just want more now :(.

Only another week and a bit assuming CR gets it up day 1 like last time.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Only one week?! That went by fast... I really can't wait! Vikemon! Rosemon! The Kaiser is back! Excite!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm excited to see it, but they always seem to air at a bad time... I'll have to shuffle things around on my schedule.

Also behind and didn't realize that the Koromo /Hikari GEM figures went up for pre-order. Glad BiJ still had them up!

I was in the mood, so I started a new game of Digimon World with a goal of trying to obtain an ultimate from the starter agumon/gabumon. I got giromon, and I don't think I got him on my decade-old file, so that was very cool. Sadly, he passed, but I tried for another and just got mamemon.

I don't know if there are any others I can get without upgrading the gym. I've never obtained vademon because my champion always dies beforehand.

I was in the mood, so I started a new game of Digimon World with a goal of trying to obtain an ultimate from the starter agumon/gabumon. I got giromon, and I don't think I got him on my decade-old file, so that was very cool. Sadly, he passed, but I tried for another and just got mamemon.

I don't know if there are any others I can get without upgrading the gym. I've never obtained vademon because my champion always dies beforehand.

Monzaemon (via numemon) is my go to when I need an ultimate quickly.
Piximon is easy as well /doable.

Monzaemon (via numemon) is my go to when I need an ultimate quickly.
Piximon is easy as well /doable.
The monzaemon suit in toy town? If so, I did that a lot back in the early 2000s before I understood the mechanics of raising Digimon. I've been trying to raise them naturally as I struggled for a long time with it, even with the strategy guide. I'll have to look into piximon, because I recall it being able to learn one of the best techs in the game.

The monzaemon suit in toy town? If so, I did that a lot back in the early 2000s before I understood the mechanics of raising Digimon. I've been trying to raise them naturally as I struggled for a long time with it, even with the strategy guide. I'll have to look into piximon, because I recall it being able to learn one of the best techs in the game.

Yeah, go via ninjamon though due to the weight requirement, care mistakes is high but I got him with less than required(can't remember the number) .
Ultimates were basically treated as megas when the came out which is why it was so hard to get them even with the guide. The first time you got one and steam rolled through everything was the best feeling though. I got etemon on a playthrough as well I think, but I dunno if I used seabass, since I love fishing in dw1.

Stuart444

Don't know if this has been posted or not but the Japenese version of Cyber Sleuth is adding 7 Powerful Digiomon on March 10th via a free patch.

The Digimon as follow are;

ShineGreymon Burst Mode
MirageGaogamon Burst Mode
Rosemon Burst Mode
Ravemon Burst Mode
Valkyrimon
Darkdramon
Chaosmon

Posted in the CS OT:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/07100847.html

Even states in the title that it is a world wide update.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Dat fanservice... but we promoting this as a kid's show, ya know right? Only Angewomon crosses the line :/

Ledbetter

I haven't been following the news since the first OVA released, but watching that commercial:
Why Ken is there as the Digimon Kaiser? Are they retconning a part of 02 or what?

Also, just a few days more!

I haven't been following the news since the first OVA released, but watching that commercial:
Why Ken is there as the Digimon Kaiser? Are they retconning a part of 02 or what?

Also, just a few days more!

Nah they're not retconning, at least from what we know, all we know is the 02 kids got beat up by alphamon in tri #1

Dat fanservice... but we promoting this as a kid's show, ya know right? Only Angewomon crosses the line :/

I Think The Decision Was To Appease Sjw Rather Than Kids, I Mean How Would Kids Even Buy It, It's Not Retail And Was Pretty Expensive. Japanese Companies Seem To Be Afraid Of Starting A Social Media Shitstorm Here.
Edit - Also as to why everything is capitalised, my phones keyboard bugged up but magically fixed itself for this edit -_- gg.

Top Bottom