• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Stuart444

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1195223

Amazon Japan now allows you to buy games and have them shipped to international addresses. (only works for games sold directly by Amazon)

This is great to me, I prefer them because 1. They are super quick whenever I use them (usually sent via DHL), 2. They collect import taxes, and any that aren't used gets refunded to us.

So yeah, hope they don't change this any time soon. :D

(bringing this up due to the other page where we were talking about Digimon World Next Order and where best to get it if you're from the UK)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So what time is Ep 2 supposed to air at? CR lists it as a simulcast, Fridays at 730AM, which I assume was like the last ep?

Stuart444

It says Friday :p I think they messed up when you originally posted it since your CR URL says Saturday but the thread says Friday now

Hey DigiDestined! We're excited to announce that Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 2 will be available THIS FRIDAY, March 11th @ 8AM PST!

http://withthewill.net/threads/15859-tri-part-2-Streaming-Times-and-Regions

Also German fans get it on Animax.

UK are stuck with VPNing CR again.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It says Friday :p I think they messed up when you originally posted it since your CR URL says Saturday but the thread says Friday now

That is weird. Yeah I saw the link on Facebook which said Friday, but you click on it and it said Sat. Guess that got fixed!

CrazyDude

How part 3 of tri will play out.

Takeru gets new hat.
tumblr_o3ts1vvzqO1unulr3o1_540.jpg

Patamon not amused by said hat.
tumblr_o3ts1vvzqO1unulr3o2_1280.jpg

Patamon has had enough of his shit.
tumblr_o0zwi0aZ0e1rtjgwno1_500.gif

Takeru still doesn't get it.
tumblr_o0zwi0aZ0e1rtjgwno2_500.gif

Stuart444

Just watched Digimon Adventure Tri 2: Determination

Don't click if you haven't seen it (unless you don't care about spoilers of course)

Rather good. Some things I didn't like, mainly animation issues (quite a few stills) but it didn't hamper my enjoyment. Lilymon's art also looked rather weird.

They all seemed to recognize that it was Ken. I am very curious now about the reactions. Is he evil in this 'changed world'? As in he never became good. What even was his angle? It does seem like they aren't friends with him though considering the reactions seemed less concerned over their friend attacking them like that. So what's going on?

Maybe we'll find out whenever they announce VAs for the 02 cast (I assume they would when they have speaking roles since Ken like Alphamon didn't have a speaking role in their respective scenes).

Vikemon and Rosemon looked great.

Leomon got ripped to shreds. DAMN. It was brutal.

Also I think it's pretty certain that Gennai sent the e-mail to Koushiro.

The comedy was great. Mimi singing "I wish" in the boys area. Digimon doesn't mind providing fan service on both parts considering the amount of guys in towels in that scene XD. And of course Takeru is the one that saved Hikari from faceplanting into the wall XD.

It was nice to see Hikari who doesn't typically interact with Joe be the one to convince him to fight.

Leomon being unable to resist Meicoomon's cuteness was great as well haha.

Overall, apart from animation issues and the fact that I want MOAR NOW... I'd say it was determination was very good.

When is part 3? :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So,something called the Digimon Adventure tri. HG Partner Digimon Collection has gone up on some sites, the figures don't seem to have any more detail than the digicolle, anybody have more info on them? - bokutachi and wtw don't have anything about them. Are they made of better quality material?
http://biginjap.com/en/pvc-figures/13574-digimon-adventure-tri-hg-partner-digimon-collection.html

Pre-ordered? Of course I did last night :p Never heard of them, but gotta have them :p

Ok, Tri ep 2 DONE!!! Woke up early to check it out. I feel for Jou though, I have studies of my own...
Ok, so here's my spoilery thoughts:
-Gabumon's fur at the onsen... darn, it still doesn't show you him fur-less :p
-Ahhh Digimon is so equal-opportunity fanservicey. Koushirou was also nakey there! Haven't seen so much skin on the boys since the original Adventure... they were all like 10 then, of course.
-"Daters" is popular in America? Is this what Japan thinks is popular here or something? :p Is it supposed to be a take on Hooters?
-Gomamon the cook! So cute! But... how? He had flippers from tiny claws on it...
-I just realized what looks off about Hime looking so... boyish. She looks just like Masaru from Tamers.
-Uncle Leomonnnnn!!! Oh geeze too cute!! But well, we all know what happens to Leomon, the Sean Bean of Digimon :/ I think everyone figured that Meicoomon would turn evil or something at some point. Her/him (have they clarified the gender? I assume female...) killing Leomon, well no surprise, but sad still :(
-Surprised Ken had no lines through the whole thing... if it even WAS Ken. I hope they show him later not all Kaizery. I feel like his hair got longer...
-Rosemon's bouncy boobs. Cuz we kid friendly here!!! We've seen Rosemon in other series, but still exciting to see Palmon finally become her after all these years!!!
-Vikemon was awesome too!!!

...sooo ep 3 will I assume, have Hououmon and Herculeskabuterimon? And Patamon leaving Takeru due to his dumb hats?

EDIT: Beat to first reply, and regarding
Lilymon, yeah she did kinda look weird, but eh, I'm not going to nitpick cause mega-fighting-action!!!

Stuart444

EDIT: Beat to first reply, and regarding
Lilymon, yeah she did kinda look weird, but eh, I'm not going to nitpick cause mega-fighting-action!!!

Indeed :p finally seeing Ultimate Evolution from other Digimon besides Agu/Gabu in Adventure :D.

I was also thinking, maybe that Ken is a clone of some sort of the real Ken? Or something like that. I mean he turned into Data which could be a teleport to wherever the antagonists are for this series but he's still Human so he couldn't do that (teleport via turning into Data) so a clone sounds like a possibility. A Digital Clone!

I just have so many questions :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I was also thinking, maybe that Ken is a clone of some sort of the real Ken? Or something like that. I mean he turned into Data which could be a teleport to wherever the antagonists are for this series but he's still Human so he couldn't do that (teleport via turning into Data) so a clone sounds like a possibility. A Digital Clone!

I just have so many questions :(

It makes sense. Also, how can Imperialdramon even be there without Daisuke? Yamato had that whole talk about Omegamon's disconnection, so how could Imperialdramon exist without Daisuke also there if they need that connection? Also if that Ken is a copy, makes sense that he wouldn't talk.

I still wonder a lot about what Meicoomon is. Some kind of virus, but if so, why make (her?) into a Digimon partner? Was it a way to quarantine her? Something something X Antibody?

Stuart444

It makes sense. Also, how can Imperialdramon even be there without Daisuke? Yamato had that whole talk about Omegamon's disconnection, so how could Imperialdramon exist without Daisuke also there if they need that connection? Also if that Ken is a copy, makes sense that he wouldn't talk.

I still wonder a lot about what Meicoomon is. Some kind of virus, but if so, why make (her?) into a Digimon partner? Was it a way to quarantine her? Something something X Antibody?

Imperialdramon also looked infected and far far more vicious than we've ever seen him.

I'm calling Mei-chan a her because it just seems like that based on reactions and everything (ie Leomon haha).

Assuming 2 Digimon per part, part 3 and 4 should have two Megas each. It's looking to be Takeru/Patamon + someone else (probably Tailmon/Hikari) if the teaser is anything to go by from the previous PVs. So Koushiro and Sora with their partners will probably be part 4.

What I want to know is... does that mean we'll see all 8 Digimon in their Mega forms in parts 5 and 6?

I also am currently suspecting that the 02 cast will largely be relegated and if shown, they won't speak until part 5 or 6 where all this stuff FINALLY comes together.

aka I'm not expecting any answers anytime soon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm calling Mei-chan a her because it just seems like that based on reactions and everything (ie Leomon haha).

Assuming 2 Digimon per part, part 3 and 4 should have two Megas each. It's looking to be Takeru/Patamon + someone else (probably Tailmon/Hikari) if the teaser is anything to go by from the previous PVs. So Koushiro and Sora with their partners will probably be part 4.

What I want to know is... does that mean we'll see all 8 Digimon in their Mega forms in parts 5 and 6?

I also am currently suspecting that the 02 cast will largely be relegated and if shown, they won't speak until part 5 or 6 where all this stuff FINALLY comes together.

aka I'm not expecting any answers anytime soon.

I've seen boy characters do the same cute face :p So ya never know! Still, most likely female.

Yeah you're right it probably will be Seraphimon/Holydramon next ep. Still would be awesome to see Orphanimon. I LOVE Holydramon, but Orphanimon will always be the proper choice, in my mind. Very glad they chose Vikemon and not Plesiomon, which I believe is also another 'official' Gomamon evolution in some cases.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the final fight with everyone together.

Stuart444

Yeah you're right it probably will be Seraphimon/Holydramon next ep. Still would be awesome to see Orphanimon. I LOVE Holydramon, but Orphanimon will always be the proper choice, in my mind. Very glad they chose Vikemon and not Plesiomon, which I believe is also another 'official' Gomamon evolution in some cases.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the final fight with everyone together.

Same here. But ah well, I'm over it now. Vikemon just looks like a bad ass though. Seriously!.

RalchAC

After watching the whole OVA 2, I would say the whole thing is Good but not as great as the first one. The biggest offender was the pacing IMO. There was too little action IMO, and some parts didn't feel necessary. I would have liked some Perfect level fights,

In any case, I'm still happy with the whole thing. Digimon Adventure is as good as its characters, and I think they did a great job with both Joe's and Mimi's character arcs.

Joe seems to be suffering quite a bit due to social pressure and his parents expectations. This was already hinted in Digimon Adventure, and was a problem that his brother had to face before him. In the first chapter and most of the second one, he seems lost and doesn't know how to grow up "properly". Some parts of what he said when he talked with Mimi seemed like what other people had told him before.

Mimi keeps being Mimi. I don't think there is anything wrong with her. Some of the problems she faced weren't her fault (if people had spoken when given the chance instead of keeping their mouths shut, the problem with the café wouldn't have happened). In some ways, she is the most innocent among the Chosen Children and I think her character arc was really well done.

I'm not entirely sold on the whole Digimon Kaiser thing. I mean, he suddenly disappeared without a reason and it kind of look like he was some kind of hologram. The way the Chosen Children reacted to seeing Ken was weird, as it was the fact that they attacked Imperialdramon without mercy. Hell, Imperialdramon shouldn't be able to stay fused unless Davis/Daisuke is on board with Ken becoming evil again.

Then there is the fact that Joe said that he is tired of fighting "again and again", which is weird considering the first generation didn't play a big role in 02. I think both Ken Ichijouji and Imperialdramon were fake and there is something fishy going on that may include modified memories, hypnosis, an alternate dimension where the 02 trio didn't existed or something like that. Maybe the 02 kids were trying to save the original ones in the weird scene that we saw at the beginning of OVA 1 and they failed. It felt weird seeing Miyako and... Codi? fighting without the DNA Evolution buddies.

my impression about 2nd episode is pretty much the same like others mentioned... also ikkakumon's digivolve pose is really weird lol

i had a feeling that
himekawa probably related with stuff that happens, or at least know the real reason why events in tri happened... her smile/smirk in last part is a big flag for me, although it might ends up be a false flag... who knows

RalchAC

I've just reminded that Datamon created a clone of Sora at the end of the Etemon arc. Thought it would be interesting to drop this here.

Ikkakumon's 3D looked really weird after he evolved into him...Anyway I would put it on par with the first "movie", good but nothing amazing. While it was less actiony and the pacing was a bit more off, I really appreciated how they handled both Joe's and Mimi's character growth. Now let's see if any of the new Mega's will have fusions in the future episodes.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
i had a feeling that
himekawa probably related with stuff that happens, or at least know the real reason why events in tri happened... her smile/smirk in last part is a big flag for me, although it might ends up be a false flag... who knows

Yeah I'm not sure what to think about that.

I'm also not sure why people keep having the idea of
the 02 kids not being real or being fake memories or whatever. I'd love the 02 ending to be retconned, sure, but they all knew who Ken was, and Hikari was shocked to see the Kaiser again.

Stuart444

Yeah I'm not sure what to think about that.

I'm also not sure why people keep having the idea of
the 02 kids not being real or being fake memories or whatever. I'd love the 02 ending to be retconned, sure, but they all knew who Ken was, and Hikari was shocked to see the Kaiser again.

It's not really about people saying that because they are hoping it gets retconned. More about the world being altered and will be fixed by the end of the series. I mean remember the opening of Reunion not to mention the PV about the World choosing a future that shouldn't have been chosen. Seems like it would be an altered timeline of sorts. Such as maybe things in 02 worked differently ie Ken never became good again so they are shocked to see him back? In a "Not again" type of way since they showed no concern for who would have been their friend (Ken) if everything was normal

Just a thought.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's not really about people saying that because they are hoping it gets retconned. More about the world being altered and will be fixed by the end of the series. I mean remember the opening of Reunion not to mention the PV about the World choosing a future that shouldn't have been chosen. Seems like it would be an altered timeline of sorts. Such as maybe things in 02 worked differently ie Ken never became good again so they are shocked to see him back? In a "Not again" type of way since they showed no concern for who would have been their friend (Ken) if everything was normal

Just a thought.

Ok, I see what you mean there.
However, it did show the 02 kids fighting with no one else knowing about it, and Ken is clearly with them too. Hmmm Ep 3 needs to come out soon >_>

Stuart444

Ok, I see what you mean there.
However, it did show the 02 kids fighting with no one else knowing about it, and Ken is clearly with them too. Hmmm Ep 3 needs to come out soon >_>

Maybe somehow, 02 kids saw some changes in the original 8 and decided they needed to investigate it? They did and failed (start of Reunion) and thus are now trapped in some place in the Digital World to be used by whoever the antagonists are?

TOO MANY QUESTIONS AND NO ANSWERS!!!!! ;_;

Yeah I still think it's an altered world, after o2's ending though, so only post o2 gets retconned, they knew Imperialdramon, still doesn't explain why nobody's been trying to contacting them but spamming Joe lol. The way Ken disappears, like he's data, makes me think it's them from another universe infiltrating or. Copies or something .
TOO MANY QUESTIONS AND NO ANSWERS!!!!! ;_;
This...

This movies title should've been Digimon Adventure Tri :Fanservice, almost nothing of note happened until the later half. The weird pausing /lazy animation is still there as well =/. The ending was rushed af. The digimon not shouting their techniques after the first time isn't great either. Seems part 3 is going to be much more story/drama based. Hikari + Joe interacting was refreshing I guess.
Also, mei's digivice turned black, mei's past is a mystery. Wth is Hackmon doing. Also office lady is evil af. His death was pretty good as well. The start was brutal, dead digi-eggs ;_;.

Tusk

Oh geez, I just woke up. I should watch this before anyone I know spoils it for me.

Also, fuck. I missed out on the Paildramon D3.

Qurupeke

What a day. I received my Cyber Sleuth copy just before starting Tri part 2. :)

On Tri:

I actually enjoyed all the casual stuff they did. Generally this part was uneventful, baring the last half of episode 8, but I liked seeing all the characters interact. Curious on what happening with Ken, obviously he didn't just turn bad, so I guess someone is using him. I didn't get what he did and what was his purpose though. And Imperialdramon was awesome.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lmao they really had to hahahahahhahahahaha I was so expecting Leomons death

Meicoomon's evolution is not carbon copy. All is well in world. Unless theyll retcon and give uncorrupted form.

Tri part 2 still doesnt explain a lot of things. I wonder if Ken and Imperialramon were fakes created by the infection. Is it wrong to want to see 02 childs again?

Trying to make ballsy prediction. Since Tri relies on nostalgia, I expect Daemon to return in normal form and be the enemy in next poster. Seraphimon and Daemon are often counterparts. I suppose Dagomon could also be the early enemy of part 3 aswell, if they want to go back to that.

And I may have been wrong about shipping. Mei seems to get more focus time with Takeru. Hmmmm

EDIT: Something felt off about Himekawa. It was already mentioned here it seems, but I wonder if she is hiding something for good or worse.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to make ballsy prediction. Since Tri relies on nostalgia, I expect Daemon to return in normal form and be the enemy in next poster. Seraphimon and Daemon are often counterparts. I suppose Dagomon could also be the early enemy of part 3 aswell, if they want to go back to that.

I doubt we'll see Dagomon, but Demon... you might be onto something, and I sure wouldn't mind him coming back. Sticking him in the portal and sending him to the dark world was such a silly way to go. And not even being the "true" villain of 02? Get outta here... Belialvamdemon was just dumb :/

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lmao they really had to hahahahahhahahahaha I was so expecting Leomons death
At this point they should release a dead Leomon figure like the one that was released for Yamcha. Also, he died in the real world this time so Leomon dead for good in Adventure?

Tusk

About Meicoomon

Was kinda hoping The perfect form would be a little more out there and not just a bigger cat with claws. I liked it, just not what I was expecting at all

Also, about Himekawa.
I guess she's evil? Really seemed like it.

The fight was pretty hype, in my opinion. I like the non-fight scenes, but I kinda hope the later parts get a little more action going on, and I want Hackmon to be a little more involved.

About Meicoomon

Was kinda hoping The perfect form would be a little more out there and not just a bigger cat with claws. I liked it, just not what I was expecting at all

Also, about Himekawa.
I guess she's evil? Really seemed like it.

The fight was pretty hype, in my opinion. I like the non-fight scenes, but I kinda hope the later parts get a little more action going on, and I want Hackmon to be a little more involved.
I didn't even think that was Meicoomons Ultimate form when I was watching the episode, It looked more like an evil/X form. The Next Order game has Meicoomon so hopefully we'll find out if it includes its entire digivolution line.

Tusk

I didn't even think that was Meicoomons Ultimate form when I was watching the episode, It looked more like an evil/X form. The Next Order game has Meicoomon so hopefully we'll find out if it includes its entire digivolution line.

I hope they put the evos in and not just give Meicoomon some random evos.

I also kinda hope the new Digimon being teased with linkz ends up being Meicoomons ultimate. It would be the perfect way to advertise the new Digimon.

I hope they put the evos in and not just give Meicoomon some random evos.

I also kinda hope the new Digimon being teased with linkz ends up being Meicoomons ultimate. It would be the perfect way to advertise the new Digimon.
I'm actually looking more forward to the possible Palmon and Biyomon fusion, and it better not be Virus/Vaccine or light/Dark (had enough of those in Cyber Sleuth).

Just watched it and I thought it was pretty good.

- Mimi's and Joe's arcs were really great. Much better handled than Taichi's in the first OVA (looks like he isn't resolved yet). Gomamon and Joe's fight was awesome.

- The digimon were really funny in this OVA, best part was the contest and Yamato mad about Gabumon not winning it. lol

- Speaking of which, the humour was good, Koushiro's face and rushing for the school after seeing Mimi was hilarious.

- The big mystery now is what the hell Ken means to the digidestined. Aren't they friends? They seem to remember him, but only as an enemy.

- Himekawa seems to be a villain

- Takeru is the funniest guy

Zomba13

Is there a way to watch Digimon Adventure and 02 and Tamers in the UK anymore?

I've been watching through Adventure and 02 recently on Netflix in the UK but then today they just vanished (and I can't find mention of it getting removed today) and then I went to Crunchyroll earlier today (well, technically yesterday) and watched a few episodes fine but when I try now it's not available in my region.

My only option is to now use Proxmate (because it still works for Netflix) and watch there but it's slow to load and the quality sucks through it.

sensui-tomo

I'm still calling that
Demon
is the villain and they're gonna finally end that storyline that should have been dealt with further in S2

Tusk

Just read that the next part wont be until September.

Please let that not be the case, I'd actually be kinda upset.

Edit: It's true. NOOO.

Can't wait for part 6 in 2018.
;_;

Oh, next movie is
Takeru and Koushiro focused.

Really did not expect that. The poster looks so good.

Top Bottom