• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

gomamon was always sounds like naruto in the 01 and 02
and in the first tri movie also sounds like naruto.

i think something happened to the actress when they were making this movie and tried to replace her to do some parts.

Really? I thought she did a good job keeping their voices seperate in 01 & 02.

It seems that when Joe opens his cell phone and reads that message "let's have better luck next test" there is a heart emoji. So it was probably his girlfriend texting him. I completely missed that. lol

RalchAC

It seems that when Joe opens his cell phone and reads that message "let's have better luck next test" there is a heart emoji. So it was probably his girlfriend texting him. I completely missed that. lol

So he really has a girlfriend!?

You know something is truly shocking if Koushiro stops paying attention to his computer lol. That scene made me laugh a lot.

I've watched the film again with some friends and I noticed the heart emoji too.
__

I watched Adventure (sub) recently and I'm currently watching 02, but it's such a bore. There is much less character development and everything feels much more episodic. The bad guys get Team Rocket level of over exposition. It may work well when you are watching one episode a week but I'm not liking much how it's paced. The last episode I saw was when Blackwargreymon destroyed the first sacred stone.

Jintor

Yeah Adventure 02 was real better in my memories, unlike Adventure which holds up.

Still, Australian Digidestined. Wot wot.

So he really has a girlfriend!?

You know something is truly shocking if Koushiro stops paying attention to his computer lol. That scene made me laugh a lot.
Well, she didn't appear yet so it's not granted, could be his mom? I completely forgot about the girlfriend talk in the first OVA so when people pointed that text message I was legit surprised (again). lol

Congrats on Ketsui making ~46 million yen at the Japanese weekend box office. :D

Call me nitpicky but seeing Ogremon's name spelt wrong in the cr subs kinda grinds my gears.

Believe it or not but "Orgemon" is his Japanese name.

Yeah...

They actually have used Ogremon a few times in official Japanese material, but they do seem to get it wrong more often than not. It's definitely one of the wonkiest official romanizations (although "Picklemon" for Piccolomon is up there, too).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My Angemon and (censored-too lewd of a figure) came in today. Wow... these things are amazing!! I can't wait until I can properly display all my GEM figures :)

RalchAC

They actually have used Ogremon a few times in official Japanese material, but they do seem to get it wrong more often than not. It's definitely one of the wonkiest official romanizations (although "Picklemon" for Piccolomon is up there, too).

In the Spanish dub she was called Piximon which, you know, made sense since she looked like a pixie.

RalchAC

Same in the English dub

Oh, I thought the Picklemon thing was the English dub name or something :/

I haven't unlocked her yet in Cyber Sleuth, so I dunno how it's called there.

Is Crusadermon the official English name of said Digimon? I haven't watched Frontier since it was on TV, so I don't really remember much about it. My mind is a bit fuzzy with post-Tamers series and the wikis I've watched don't solve my doubts...

Stuart444

Is Crusadermon the official English name of said Digimon? I haven't watched Frontier since it was on TV, so I don't really remember much about it. My mind is a bit fuzzy with post-Tamers series and the wikis I've watched don't solve my doubts...

I think so, yeah. (though I prefer LordKnightmon, makes more sense being the Lord of Knights.)

Qurupeke

I watched the Digimon Adventure: Our War Game movie and posted some impressions on AnimeGAF. Not sure what's the policy about the spoilers is here, so I'm just linking it, to be safe.

It's been like 10 years since I had watched this movie at a Saturday night, so I barely remembered anything about it, and I was positively surprised. :)

Also, considering of starting Digimon Tamers soon, as I haven't watched this properly yet.

I watched the Digimon Adventure: Our War Game movie and posted some impressions on AnimeGAF. Not sure what's the policy about the spoilers is here, so I'm just linking it, to be safe.

It's been like 10 years since I had watched this movie at a Saturday night, so I barely remembered anything about it, and I was positively surprised. :)

Also, considering of starting Digimon Tamers soon, as I haven't watched this properly yet.

Nice impressions. I still need to watch the Japanese version of the 3rd movie to see if it makes any more sense compared to the English version. Our War Game was the first (and only) appearance of Omnimon until the 4th movie (happens right after 02) and then 5th (during Tamers and unrelated to the previous) movie.

Tamers still holds up great. I've been tempted to try the Japanese version but the English one is still good.

Digimon Adventures Tri Episode 5-8

Woot! Finally got a chance to watch the second movie- overall an improvement from the first.

The comedy and fun moments are still the best (even the ladies get some manservice), follow by good character drama and development (I love that they covered not only Mimi and Joe but also the two new adults), and the thing that might still need working on are the fights as the animations are too messy for my liking. Everything that has to do with the Digimons goofing around was hilarious.

But oh boy does the plot thickens, and I'm really happy they kept to the Leomon tradition :D ! Still I did feel something off about Leomon throughout the movie, especially when he's suddenly so obsessed with Meicoonmon.

P.S - Oof that stealth "Our War Games" reference by Taichi!

Ketsui's theatre run is getting extended to 4 weeks in 7 out of the 10 locations featuring the film.

Atsuya Uki also drew a new illustration card.

week4_01.png

You know what this means right!?!? Sukamon +numemon merchandise!!!!!
Sukamon Adventure Tri LOL. Awesome they went through the effort to make this.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nice!
Other than the staring contest, hkabuterimon looks great, the detail they put in makes him look beast!

Yeah this looks great! It was hard to tell in the fuzzy version that it was even Meicoomon :p

Patamon is still... Patamon though. Guess we will need to take bets on this. I'm 99% sure he will become Seraphimon one more time. But why byebye?

EDIT: Just noticed that Meicoomon is holding onto Herc like he/she's attempting to infect him. Hmmm...

Looks like Takeru is fighting for the most precarious position in a Digimon fight. Sorry bro, Yamato sitting on Alphamon's weapon is still number one.

Nice!
Other than the staring contest, hkabuterimon looks great, the detail they put in makes him look beast!

He's getting his time in the sun. It's what I always wanted. ;_;

Tai must be freaking after seeing the ruckus and rubble that HerculesKabuterimon is doing in the poster. lol

I can already see the overdone flashback scenes now...

Stuart444

Just checked this thread for the first time in over a week. If I can I'll check out the TFS Vid later. Love TFS. Also I hope to see the next Tri Abridged soon.

Also lol at that Sukamon poster

Finally I have my copy of next order though I won't be able to dig into it until I'm home

Edit: that TFS vid was great, laughed a lot at it

I think I'm reaching my limit with Digimon World, but I accomplished a lot in very little time compared to my old file. The random nature of this game really brings it down whether it's your Digimon, finding certain Digimon, or whatever.

Also, I hate how short your mon's lifespan is. All of them died before 21 days, except for metalmamemon and that's because I upgraded mamemon towards his end.

I think I'm reaching my limit with Digimon World, but I accomplished a lot in very little time compared to my old file. The random nature of this game really brings it down whether it's your Digimon, finding certain Digimon, or whatever.

Also, I hate how short your mon's lifespan is. All of them died before 21 days, except for metalmamemon and that's because I upgraded mamemon towards his end.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think DW2 might've been the only good one before the DS games.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think DW2 might've been the only good one before the DS games.
I will always prefer the first one because of how charming the world is. DW2 lacks that, and the grinding is terrible. Granted, I'm doing grinding in World 1, but it's not nearly as long. I've also never been a fan of dungeon crawlers.

DW2 is cool, though. Maybe I'll go back to it someday.

Are you using a digivolution guide in dw1? Recruiting digimon isn't random, you're on a new island,you're supposed to explore, yuramon outside jijimons house also gives you hints as to where to go. I mean a few might be considered random, but overall I wouldn't call recruiting digimon random, that's actually one of the reasons why the game is so good.

Lifespan can be prolonged with items but yeah its short, it encourages you to try new mons I guess.

I thought dw2 was second worst tbh, it was aimed at kids and was grindy af. Also the mazes+systems etc made it difficult for no reason, even in retrospect it didn't add to the fun.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no!! :( Glad he was able to do Butter-fly for Tri, for one last time.

Sucks... I know he's been ill for a few years now, though. Origa hit me real hard since it was sudden, and she didn't make her cancer public. I loved the Final Fantasy XIII-2 OST.

Top Bottom