• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if ep 3 will have an "in memorium/in memory of". Does that even happen in Japanese media? Feels like something too direct for the culture to do.

Ledbetter

Rest in peace, Kouji Wada.
Because the latin american dub was aired here, I didn't listen to the original Butterfly and Target songs until I rewatched the series a few years ago. It made me realize how good the soundtrack was, thanks to Kouji and Arisawa.
Rest in peace.
Brave man. He truly enjoyed what he did. The fact that he came back whilst he was that unwell still astounds me.
Indeed. I really appreciate that he came back to do Butterfly and Seven, he did an incredible job.

Arabesque

Koji Wada's music was a huge part of me falling in love with the series. Absolutely devastating news to wake up to.

Rest in peace.

Stuart444

Well it seems that while the code in my used copy of Next Order doesn't work for the DLC, it does work for the DW1 OST from the Next Order website :D yay

Digimon Tri Abridged - Ep2: Pure Sincerity

Good episode, love what they did with Nishijima, Gomamon and Joe.

Second half was better than the first half to me though.

I enjoyed this one more than the first. I'm surprised they skipped over the spa stuff but I know why they did it. Loved the reference to season 1 of Lilymon taming DarkTyrannomon before Myotismon shows up. The first one felt more jarring with the transitions between comedy and playing it seriously. Only real issue I had is them not adjusting facial animations much. The scene with Izzy and Sora outside of the teacher's room bothered me the most.

kubus

Hey guys! First post in this thread. Thanks to Cyber Sleuth I've got the Digimon flu and I'm slowly making my way through the first season of Digimon Adventure in Japanese with subs and I just got to episode 40, which marks the end of the VenomVamdemon/VenomMyotismon arc. I'm really enjoying it so far and I'm honestly surprised at how good this series is.

Since I'm nearing the end of season 1, I was wondering when I should watch Tri? Should I watch Adventure 02 first? What about Bokura no War Game?

Also I'm really sad by the news of Koji Wada's passing :(. I get a little sad everytime the opening theme plays now.

Hey guys! First post in this thread. Thanks to Cyber Sleuth I've got the Digimon flu and I'm slowly making my way through the first season of Digimon Adventure in Japanese with subs and I just got to episode 40, which marks the end of the VenomVamdemon/VenomMyotismon arc. I'm really enjoying it so far and I'm honestly surprised at how good this series is.

Since I'm nearing the end of season 1, I was wondering when I should watch Tri? Should I watch Adventure 02 first? What about Bokura no War Game?

Also I'm really sad by the news of Koji Wada's passing :(. I get a little sad everytime the opening theme plays now.

Yeah it's great! War game then 02. Tri should be watched after 02. There's also a short prequel movie which you don't need to watch, but is nice for Digimon Adventure. The 02 Hurricane touchdown movie can be watched after 02 as well but isn't required to understand Tri and isn't canon apparently (I can't remember it too well).

Cwarrior

For realsies this time.

ligKDz7.jpg

oh crap kabuterimon mega evolution, looks like I must watch this serise now.

poster looks fierce.

kubus

Yeah it's great! War game then 02. Tri should be watched after 02. There's also a short prequel movie which you don't need to watch, but is nice for Digimon Adventure. The 02 Hurricane touchdown movie can be watched after 02 as well but isn't required to understand Tri and isn't canon apparently (I can't remember it too well).
Thanks both! Good that I asked, because I thought I could watch Tri before starting 02 :x
I've already watched the Digimon Adventure prequel movie before I started the series, so I'll look for War Game and 02 then. Unlike the first season I've never seen 02 before so I'm looking forward to watching that. Hopefully it maintains the quality of the first season.

Gotta admit I'm a bit disappointed that I have to watch 02 before Tri, but then again maybe there will be more OVAs released by the time I'm finished :p.

Thanks both! Good that I asked, because I thought I could watch Tri before starting 02 :x
I've already watched the Digimon Adventure prequel movie before I started the series, so I'll look for War Game and 02 then. Unlike the first season I've never seen 02 before so I'm looking forward to watching that. Hopefully it maintains the quality of the first season.

Gotta admit I'm a bit disappointed that I have to watch 02 before Tri, but then again maybe there will be more OVAs released by the time I'm finished :p.

Yeah, about that...

Sadly, Adventure and the movies are really the only good things from the Adventure continuity.

Well, 02 has a few good episodes. Just don't get your hopes up too much.

Hopefully it maintains the quality of the first season.

Hmm... don't get your hopes high. I mean, it's not bad but the consensus is that the first season is better. The best part for me is that the original digidestined are still on it. And tri will continue their journey through High School and there are some mysteries in tri (specially the 2nd OVA) that are directly related to 02 events so you should watch it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok just watched OVA2

So is this shit writing or what, even if that shall be a surprise that will be revealed later the reaction to seeing "Ken" make no sense or are bad writing.
"Him again?" Was said by Takeru.. so did Ken turn evil again in the years we are missing, was he never good is that a retcon? Why was no one really surprised to see him? That is in any way poor writing or bad presenting to us viewers

Ok just watched OVA2

So is this shit writing or what, even if that shall be a surprise that will be revealed later the reaction to seeing "Ken" make no sense or are bad writing.
"Him again?" Was said by Takeru.. so did Ken turn evil again in the years we are missing, was he never good is that a retcon? Why was no one really surprised to see him? That is in any way poor writing or bad presenting to us viewers

It's bad writing, they're probably building to a big reveal, but releasing these so far apart sucks. Also the animation is pretty lazy at parts where it's just panning across the same frame which they try to pass of as dramatisation /building suspense but its just awkward, they were surprised but not so much that they would keep taking about it - I mean nobody commented on tk talking so they must know as much as him. Also there was a fight going on, they'll probably have the discussion in the next ova.

Anyone know how to get H-kabuterimon in Digimon world? The stats people list online are all over the place, and I keep getting metalmamemon. It's driving me nuts, and I got him on a test run, but I experimented with too many variables at once and have no idea which triggered the evolution.

Stuart444

Anyone know how to get H-kabuterimon in Digimon world? The stats people list online are all over the place, and I keep getting metalmamemon. It's driving me nuts, and I got him on a test run, but I experimented with too many variables at once and have no idea which triggered the evolution.

There are too many variables indeed, it's hard to accurately give stats for guaranteed because of that.

That said, look on gfaqs, find several threads in the forum and maybe look up a guide or two and then compare them and choose whichever the most common stats are roughly.

Or if you don't mind resetting, just save once at Champion level (with Kabuterimon or Kuwagamon I'd recommend) and then work through the training + however many days it takes to reach the last evo stage, if you don't get it, reset.

Just make sure you have Piximon's training manual and Kuwagamon/Kabuterimon in the gym. You need as much of a boost as possible. Also if you have kept any of the stat increase items, use them. I usually save them for my first Ultimate since you get so many stat boost items during the story, I usually have plenty to get at least one Ultimate with Minimum training lol.

But yeah, it's just trial and error. Too many variables means you may get another Ultimate or no Ultimate. Just gotta keep trying!

When I was a kid, I thought guide’s stat listings were off, since I got many ultimates without their proper stats requirements. Of course nowadays I realize that other conditions are easier to fullfill and are the reason why I got ultimates even without proper stats lol.

Herculeskabuterimon has kinda stupid stat requirements, but the other requirements you should fullfil are:

- Weight 55
- Max 5 care mistakes
- 0 battles

Of course if you wanna try for stats, you need 7000 HP 400 Off 600 Def 400 Speed

Ah, and to avoid Metalmamemon, no Def over 500! The weight difference should make difference enough that you wont get Metalmamemon.

I got him. Turns out 7000hp and 600defense were key. Also, he digivolved at 50 for weight, any more and it wouldn't happen. I don't understand why it has to be 50 because he drops down to 40 post-digivolution.

He better live long enough for beetle land tourney.

Also, zero battles seems to be inaccurate because I had at least four, and more the first time I got him.

I got him. Turns out 7000hp and 600defense were key. Also, he digivolved at 50 for weight, any more and it wouldn't happen. I don't understand why it has to be 50 because he drops down to 40 post-digivolution.

He better live long enough for beetle land tourney.

Also, zero battles seems to be inaccurate because I had at least four, and more the first time I got him.

…Did I say avoid Def? I meant avoid Off, buuut it seems you managed to get it so its all good.

And for record you need 3 of 4 requirements to get Ultimates. So it seems you got Stats, weight and care mistakes so battles werent needed.

Stuart444

They updated the tri website - Major spoilers, but hoooly shit if theyre hunting at what I'm thinking they're hinting at
dark ocean?
http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/tri-kokuhaku-introduction.html?m=1

I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet. Otherwise you may end up disappointed

edit: Here is a much easier to read translation courtesy of Onkeikun:

http://great-blaster.tumblr.com/post/143529742145/story-translation-for-digimon-adventure-tri

Stuart444

MUCH easier to read
Yeah I'm more excited that it'll shut the fan base up than the actual premise tbh, I'd rather they tell us about the original digidestined

I just hope that the summary will be the last thing apart from PVs of course that they will put there. No expanded summaries or anything since that one already seems spoilerish enough.

(spoiler from the summary posted in the links above)
I do like the whole Hikari's voice thing though. It means they aren't ignoring the weird things that she can do or is involved with. Just like with the first season with the crest of light/numemon thing and the Dark Ocean stuff.

I mean it'd be really weird if it was say... Sora's voice instead that they heard. Or someone elses (apart from Meiko because we don't know everything about her yet I think)

Now what I really want is a new PV! :D Hopefully sometime during June or July. One PV then and one PV just before it's due to air sounds about right to me considering the longer wait between Tri 2 and 3.

Not too excited based on the name. Need to see/hear more info.

I actually find the name pretty intriguing. It suggests a connection of Digimon to smartphone apps or the like, which strikes me as a fairly smart way of bringing the core concept of Digimon to children in 2016, connecting it with the modern technology and forms of user interaction.

I mean, the title itself sounds dumb, but it does seem like the sort of thing that could work for bringing in a new generation to the franchise.

And I'm just excited for the possibility of having new Digimon anime for the first time since Xros Wars, and the fact that this would certainly mean we would be getting a lot of new Digimon created.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I keep having dreams that the third movie came out early and I'm watching it :/ Usually through an early online leak. Last night the dream involved an apparently local theater showing of it.

Sept is such a long wait :(

Top Bottom