• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Wut.
is this monstrosity
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHX5VWDj95_/
Plz be fake /badly recorded

I laughed pretty hard.

I mean Fusion season 3 also is an anniversary season with full of nostalgia to cash in on. If they're getting the old VAs back mine as well start dubbing the third season of Fusion
My thought with that was even with the nostalgia points Fusion S3 has, it is still on some level asking for people to care about those previous two seasons whereas Tri is only asking for the first couple of seasons. It's anecdotal, but a friend of mine who loved the first three seasons and stopped at Frontier didn't care about what Fusion S3 was doing, but immediately jumped at the idea of Tri. I guess technically they could still voice both around the same time with Tri being a much smaller project for voice acting and Fusion seasons being around half the length of most Digimon seasons, but at that point I would just be assuming what their budgets/time/licensing situations are.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think Seven Tri version was his last song since that was the last remix we heard from him with the last OVA.

Ah right, I forgot about that one. Still sucks :/ Glad he got to complete those before, though. And so late on! Reminds me of the guy that did the opening song for Kiznaiver, as it's also one of his last, cause cancer got bad :/

Stuart444

surprised nobody posted this yet but they actually made some official cast announcements for the dub

Mona Marshall as Izzy
Jeff Nimoy as Tentomon, Kabuterimon
Cristina Vee as Meiko Mochizuki
Kate Higgins as Meicoomon

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...na-marshall-cristina-vee-kate-higgins/.104167

Not 'official' when they were first posted but the first two were posted before on previous page. Jeff jumped the gun with it a bit soon :p

Happy to see Cristina Vee though.

Stuart444

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/320/1320126/

Looks like a best of Koji Wada CD will be sold exclusively (?) at Digimon Festival 2016

digimon_01_cs1w1_400x.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm, they've been realizing information about Appmon and it seems a bit generic but kind of interesting---it's said to be aimed at 10-12 year olds though, but that seems to be a decent age to start including some more thought-provoking elements and Adventure I assume was aimed at the same age, maybe even younger.

One thing neat is apparently the new TCG might actually tie into the classic Digimon TCG.

Stuart444

We only have 2 cast members missing thus far... so here is the list.

Tai- Currently Unknown
Agumon- Tom Fahn
Greymon- Kyle Hebert

Matt- Vic Mignogna
Gabumon and Garurumon- Kirk Thornton

Sora- Colleen O'Shaughnessey
Biyomon- Currently Unknown
Birdramon- Melodee Spevack

Izzy- Mona Marshall
Tentomon and Kabuterimon- Jeff Nimoy

Joe- Robbie Daymond
Gomamon- R. Martin Klein

Mimi- Philece Sampler
Palmon- Anna Garduno
Togemon- Mari Devon

TK- Johnny Yong Bosch
Patamon- Laura Summer
Angemon- Dave Mallow

Kari- Tara Sands
Gatomon- Kate Higgins

Meiko- Cristina Vee
Meicoomon- Kate Higgins

Daigo- Doug Erholtz
Himekawa- Kate Higgins

Didn't have to dig to hard to get everyone and confirmation.

Hopefully we get confirmation on Tai and Biyomon soon.

Shockingly most of the cast is back.

http://withthewill.net/threads/16216-Nearly-Complete-tri-Part-1-Dub-Cast

Also info on the newer cast members:

For the new cast members:
Kyle Hebert is new as Greymon in Adventure, but he's been Belphemon in Data Squad, and in Fusion he was Dorulumon, Ballistamon, and Greymon (and Beelzemon in the Data Squad game.) He is probably best known as the narrator and older Gohan in Dragon Ball Z.

Vic Mignogna is our new Matt. He was Kiriha/Christopher and MadLeomon in Fusion. As for his best known role, it'd probably be Edward Elric in both Fullmetal Alchemist series'.

Robbie Daymond is our new Joe. He is new to Digimon. His biggest role thus far is likely Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask in the new Sailor Moon dub.

Johnny Yong Bosch we already knew would be our new TK. He isn't new to Digimon, his biggest role likely being the bit part of Dracomon from Fusion. His biggest roles people would know would probably be Adam from Power Rangers, Vash from Trigun, or roles to numerous to list.

Tara Sands is our new Kari. She is new to Digimon. Her best known roles would likely be Mokuba Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh or Bulbasaur from Pokemon.

We knew Kate Higgins was Meicoomon, but it turns out she is also our new Gatomon and will be Himekawa also. She was Miki in Digimon Data Squad, but is probably best known as Sakura in Naruto.

And while Doug Erholtz isn't back as TK, we now know he is doing the voice of Daigo. Outside of TK, his best known role is likely Gin Ichimaru in Bleach.

Stuart444

http://withthewill.net/threads/16248-tri-part-1-Dub-Cast-List-Cleaned-up-and-Updated

The full cast list so far:

We stilll have 2 cast members missing thus far...

Tai- Currently Unknown
Agumon- Tom Fahn*
Greymon- Kyle Hebert*

Matt- Vic Mignogna*
Gabumon and Garurumon- Kirk Thornton*

Sora- Colleen O'Shaughnessey*
Biyomon- Currently Unknown
Birdramon- Melodee Spevack*

Izzy- Mona Marshall
Tentomon and Kabuterimon- Jeff Nimoy

Joe- Robbie Daymond
Gomamon- R. Martin Klein

Mimi- Philece Sampler
Palmon- Anna Garduno
Togemon- Mari Devon

TK- Johnny Yong Bosch
Patamon- Laura Summer
Angemon- Dave Mallow

Kari- Tara Sands
Gatomon- Kate Higgins

Meiko- Cristina Vee
Meicoomon- Kate Higgins

Daigo- Doug Erholtz
Himekawa- Kate Higgins

An * means that while we have had it on our cast list for awhile, Eleven Arts and Toei have yet to confirm.

Sora has an * because Colleen O'Shaughnessey has confirmed she is Sora, but the companies involved haven't confirmed it.

Dorothy Fahn mentions on her Twitter that she is voicing Tai and Kari's mom again. While not confirmed, it seems likely she will return as Lilymon in part 2 (and return as Rosemon she since voiced her in Data Squad.)

Todd Haberkorn confirmed in a podcast interview that he recorded for Digimon (about 4:35 in the interview), but as of yet we don't know who he is playing. If it's anyone important, that would suggest it's Tai, but we don't have any actual information who he may be playing.

Stuart444

New trailer in 2 days.
Advanced screening details(yay more spoilers to avoid T_T) .

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blog...chapter-3-kokuhaku-advance-screening.html?m=1

Spoilers aren't too hard to avoid at least for this. (at least I don't think they are)

New TVCM so it will be at most 30 seconds, least probably 15 seconds.

Still Orange airs at 4pm UK time on the 31st (which is midnight on August 1st in Japan) so I guess I'll watch it just to see the CM XD.

Wait feels so long :( not long til September now at least.

Sealtest

Just preordered my tickets for a Michigan screening on september 15th. I really wish they had some in Canada but at least this one wasn't to far from my house.

Stuart444

Digimon Universe: AppMonsters will begin on Saturday, October 1st at 7am on TV Tokyo.

Thus far no new trailer (perhaps saving for the next few days or upcoming weeks.)

They expect various products will be ready and in stores on October 8th to tie into the series beginning.

Via WtW

Also with Digifes this weekend, we know we'll have a new CM for Tri 3 on TV tomorrow at 4pm BST/12am JST (August 1st) during Orange on Tokyo MX. So that should be online quick enough.

But with Digifes, we may also get a PV so we'll see. I'll keep an eye out anyway as will others I'm sure.

I'm glad we're getting a Juri and Leomon figure. That's something of a surprise.

I imagine Jianliang and Terriermon have to be next up now. Hopefully we'll also see Shaochung and Lopmon get the treatment.

I'm a little surprised that there was no Blu-Ray set for Tamers announced, like with Adventure and 02 during the previous years. I suppose that could always just get a V Jump announcement like the D-Ark did.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, no Iori or Miayko figures? What a shame :p (Feels like they just wanted to skip them!) I'm down for these two! The Megahouse Digimon stuff have been amazing! I wonder if they will jump into Frontier stuff, too?

The recording I did is out of sync so I'm waiting for someone else to upload the TVCM to youtube. It's pretty ominous though...

(end of TVCM for Tri 3 spoils):

Goodbye, Koushiro
TENTOMOOOOOOOOON

Yes, the same type of thing as before but with someone besides Patamon

edit: Someone got it on twitter:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/759773184019173378

Oooh man that and patamons "hope" of getting better... This is new levels of depressing for Digimon - This is worse than Tamers danm it ;_;

Oh, no Iori or Miayko figures? What a shame :p (Feels like they just wanted to skip them!) I'm down for these two! The Megahouse Digimon stuff have been amazing! I wonder if they will jump into Frontier stuff, too?

I'd guess that Frontier stuff will start to come out next year when it turns 15, just as we've seen Tamers stuff this year.

Iori and Miyako could get figures later on, but they're probably near the bottom of the line. I think there's probably equal chances of them as there are of Hirokazu and Kenta getting figures.

Stuart444

Seeing Birdramon and Togemon (1:13) fighting Metalgreymon has me lowkey hyped.

Angewomon has me hella hyped though.

I don't see them fighting MetalGreymon? I see MetalGreymon and... some blue or purple looking thing in the distance?

And yeah Angewomon :D didn't expect her because each time we've seen the Digimon go to their Ultimate/Perfect forms, it's just before they digivolve to their final forms which isn't the case here with Metal and Angewomon :D

edit: WtW seems to say it's a purple Birdramon maybe?

I don't see them fighting MetalGreymon? I see MetalGreymon and... some blue or purple looking thing in the distance?

And yeah Angewomon :D didn't expect her because each time we've seen the Digimon go to their Ultimate/Perfect forms, it's just before they digivolve to their final forms which isn't the case here with Metal and Angewomon :D
At 1:04 you can see Birdramon directing her Meteor Wing at Metalgreymon, and at 1:13 you can see Togemon (identifiable by the boxing gloves) land a few hits on him too.

With Joe talking about friends fighting each other at 1:18-1:22, this leads me to believe that Patamon ain't the only one getting infected.

Stuart444

At 1:04 you can see Birdramon directing her Meteor Wing at Metalgreymon, and at 1:13 you can see Togemon (identifiable by the boxing gloves) land a few hits on him too.

With Joe talking about friends fighting each other at 1:18-1:22, this leads me to believe that Patamon ain't the only one getting infected.

Haha, yeah I just can't see the gloves for Togemon.

That is defo a purple/blue birdramon though, even uses Meteor Wing against Metal.

Stuart444

I can't wait!! ...it needs to be September now >_>

I'm not sure if I'll even watch it/be able to watch it on day of release (in which case, avoid this thread I will >.> til the Monday)

Mainly because I'm down south in England for EGX so it depends on 1. hotel wifi, 2. price of said wifi (or if it's free and has good speed...) and 3. my eyes co-operating since I'd be reading subs on an ipad. Smaller screen = smaller subs to read and all...

We'll see. if not, I'll watch it first thing Monday night when I get home. Still can't wait. I've enjoyed the previous 2 so far and this one looks to be even better/shit gets real type of thing.

Including today...

55 days left to Tri 3! And we'll also be half way through Tri!

Ledbetter

Including today...

55 days left to Tri 3! And we'll also be half way through Tri!

That looks like much, but time really flies by. I remember finishing part 2 and thinking it would take forever the watch part 3, and that was like 5 months ago!

I wasn't aware of this. Looks like they could release a smartphone game with this... heh.

Stuart444

Posted the other day on WtW, an Animage Q And A:

Q: Were the kids that were defeated in Chapter 1 Daisuke Motomiya and party from Digimon 02?
A: That's right. That wasn't a delusion or something that happened in an imaginary world. Daisuke and party were defeated due some sort of reason. (Kakihara)

Q: How long have Meiko and Meikoomon been partners?
A: Meiko's digivice are the same model as Taichi and party's, and she's also the same age as them... based on that, I'm sure we can theorize that they've been partners for about the same amount of time. When Meikoomon suddenly mutated, a certain pattern appeared on Meiko's digivice. That pattern and Meikoomon's outside appearance may turn out to be a big hint regarding this mystery. (Arai)

Q: Is Gennai aware of the infected Digimon situation?
A: Gennai previously had the role of guiding the kids in the Digital World. However, if he had made an effort just like how he did in Digimon 02, he should have been able to prevent Digimon from being detected by people throughout the world. Since he is unable to hide the existence of Digimon just like how he did previously, it could mean that something may have happened to him. (Arai)

Q: Is there a mastermind behind the infected Digimon?
A: While it seems like there's some sort of "being" scheming things in conjunction to the incident with Meikoomon, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're trying to spread the infection. Therefore, the infected Digimon were born due to some sort of reason, and if one were to ask if there's a mastermind behind that phenomena, it would probably be more correct to say that there isn't.(Kakihara)

Q: What's the identity of the black cube that went inside of the digiegg in Chapter 1?
A: Something that has a connection with a past series had been featured. That digiegg has already hatched and has become some sort of Digimon. That Digimon has a big connection with the story for Digimon Tri. The digiegg pattern being similar to Gatomon's digiegg is also a big point. (Arai)

Q: Who's the white Digimon that appears every-so-often?
A: It's a Digimon who is keeping an eye on Meikoomon after receiving an order from someone. Typically, it would be Gennai keeping an eye out on the movements of infected Digimon and Meikoomon... the reason why Gennai is not appearing is also an important point. (Kakihara)

Q: Do Nishijima and Himekawa have some sort of secret?
A: Yes. Himekawa has a bigger secret, and there's no doubt that she's a character you should be keeping your eyes on. The relationship between the two are: ex-lovers, childhood friends, and boss-employee. While they both work for the same information processing bureau, the gap between the things that Himekawa know and Nishijima does not know will arise in time. (Kakihara)

Q: How likely is it that the Digimon partners of the Digidestined will become alienated?
A: Just like how Joe and Gomamon had misunderstandings in Chapter 2, there will eventually be changes between all of the children and Digimon in terms of how they feel for one another. That may be due to specific incidents, or it could also be due to the children becoming more distant from their Digimon from maturing. It will depend on the digidestined. (Kakihara)

Q: How much does Meiko know about Meikoomon's secret?
A: In Chapter 3, it will become clear that Meiko's father is a researcher and has some sort of connection with Meikoomon. While it seems that Meiko knew that Meikoomon is a special Digimon, I believe that she did not know that Meikoomon would mutate like how she did in the end of Chapter 2. From this point on, Meiko will keep close attention to Meikoomon's changes and start thinking about how she herself should act as well. (Kakihara)

Q: What's the identity of the digital dimension featured in Chapter 2?
A: It's one of the three worlds: The Real World, Digital World, and Digital Dimension. Only, that Digital Dimension was a gimmick created by the mystery man, so it had a special trait where, while Gomamon and Palmon were able to enter it, the other Digimon who all arrived later were unable to enter. (Arai)

Q: What's going on between Taichi, Yamato, and Sora?
A: Taichi and Sora are classmates at the same school. High school is complicated period, so it's not like there are any official relationships going on between them. Furthermore, due to Meiko transferring-in, new relationships are being born, and honestly, I think that it shouldn't be very surprising to see changes between their relationships in any way shape or form in the near future. (Arai)

Q: You've shown us everyone in Yukata and Uniforms, but are there plans on other outfit changes as well?
A: The thing is, due to certain circumstances, they'll mostly be in their school outfits. As to why they won't have clothing to change into will also be a big point storyline-wise. (Arai)

Q: Why is Patamon not in his Mega form in the Chapter 3 visuals?
A: The focus is on Patamon saying "I'm infected, aren't I?" in the 1st PV for Chapter 3, so we thought the story would be more accurately portrayed if Patamon were still in his Rookie form. (Arai)

Q: Is Matt's band really that popular?
A: It seems like they have enough popularity to perform a one-man live performance, as shown on the face of the ticket for KOD in Chapter 1. His previous band, TEEN-AGE WOLVES, has temporarily disbanded, but there's also a possibility that they'll regroup as well. Therefore, a song related to the TEEN-AGE WOLVES will be featured in Chapter 3. (Arai)

Q: Who exactly is the mystery man?
A: Stay tuned and watched Chapter 3 for the answer!

So assuming this translation is accurate, we can deduce a few things:

1. The Digiegg from the Tri 1 is related to Gatomon in some way: ("The digiegg pattern being similar to Gatomon's digiegg is also a big point.")

2. Hackmon works for Gennai? (or at least works for someone important in the Digital World. We know Gennai works with Azulongmon so either Azulongmon, Gennai or maybe Alphamon/a Royal Knight?)

3. Himekawa's evil looking smile is a hint of things to come (ok, that's obvious but this confirms it anyway and that Nishijima knows little compared to her)

4. Meiko's father will be important later on? (either as a plot point with no screen time or with screentime. I hope for the latter myself. Would remind me a little of Tamers with Henry's dad)

5. Ken/Kaiser/Emperor/Mystery Dude created the Digital Dimension and will be involved in some way in Chapter 3 (Stay tuned and watched Chapter 3 for the answer!)

So lots of interesting tidbits.

Top Bottom