• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

You can buy them from the shop at EDEN entrance.

Edit: Unrelated, Lopmon is so cute. The three little horns is just perfect.

You should watch Digimon Tamers. He appears in Frontier too but not nearly as cute and also in maybe the worst arc of any Digimon series.

Crusadermon is in that arc too and part of why it sucks.

silva1991

Is it just me or is Metalgaruromon is meh in this game? especially compared to the op def penetrating Wargreymon?

it really sucks, because he was probably my second/third favorite digimon back in the day

even his healing spell is the shitty aura only.

Is it just me or is Metalgaruromon is meh in this game? especially compared to the op def penetrating Wargreymon?

it really sucks, because he was probably my second/third favorite digimon back in the day

I read that speed management is important in PVP and it does have that going for it I guess. I don't know enough about PVP to be able to tell if Metalgarurumon does well there though and I also don't know if his speed managing skills are useful in the campaign.

silva1991

I read that speed management is important in PVP and it does have that going for it I guess. I don't know enough about PVP to be able to tell if Metalgarurumon does well there though and I also don't know if his speed managing skills are useful in the campaign.

Haven't tried PVP(yet)

the thing just does little damage to enemies/bosses

as for speed management I have Ulforceveedramon for that and he is great at it

nope. He was my mid-late game data type before I got Dynasmon.

As already mentioned, his decent speed and speed boost skill helped a lot. Most of my team was virus or vaccine, meaning his type was big and getting so many turns means he crucial for healing turns. The only time I really needed him to do damage was again vaccine types, in case which he did fine thanks to the type buff

Raxious

So I've started to develop in order to get those Tactician USB's. It tells me it takes 0:20 something, I'm guessing those are real life minutes?

Is there any good 'mon through the Renamon, Lopmon, Impmon and Leomon lines?

I used the Hagurumon case and platinumsakumon to train up a;
Patamon,
Agumon (and a Blk version),
Gabumon ( and a Blk version),
Salamon,
Renamon,
Lopmon,
Leomon,
Impmon
Veemon

Of those i've now got Angewoman,Magnangemon, Metal Greymon, Were Garurumon, Panjamon and an ExVeemon, but the others i'm not sure if i want to waste my time with (although now i see i should have trained a tentomon for stingmon and in future Imperialdramon), I was aiming for a Beelzemon but i see a dead pinochio above so is he super hard to get still?

Syntsui

Legendary Cup was absurdly hard, oh my fucking god. Titamon was doing 10k damage on my Digimons with type resistance, that's ridiculous. Had to get a full bonus stats Lilithmon/Wargreymon/Lotosmon to have a chance. Can't even imagine how stupid Master Cup will be.

MongKey

You should watch Digimon Tamers. He appears in Frontier too but not nearly as cute and also in maybe the worst arc of any Digimon series.

Crusadermon is in that arc too and part of why it sucks.
Haha, yeah I know. I've watched all of them except Savers. I've always been Lopmon > Terriermon. Three horns are cuter than one lol.

Speaking of Frontier, I don't mind that arc, actually it's my favorite since Hyper Spirit Evolution rocks my soul. I could watch the evolution sequence all day just to hear that song. And the second ending, my god, straight to the heart; the only time I never skipped the ending song. Frontier's Patamon is also a bundle of joy; he's super adorable.

Man, now I want to watch Frontier again...

Tiops

Is there any good 'mon through the Renamon, Lopmon, Impmon and Leomon lines?

I used the Hagurumon case and platinumsakumon to train up a;
Patamon,
Agumon (and a Blk version),
Gabumon ( and a Blk version),
Salamon,
Renamon,
Lopmon,
Leomon,
Impmon
Veemon

Of those i've now got Angewoman,Magnangemon, Metal Greymon, Were Garurumon, Panjamon and an ExVeemon, but the others i'm not sure if i want to waste my time with (although now i see i should have trained a tentomon for stingmon and in future Imperialdramon), I was aiming for a Beelzemon but i see a dead pinochio above so is he super hard to get still?

Lopmon -> BlackGatomon -> LadyDevimon -> Lilithmon is pretty awesome.

Lexxism

12672053_10153564207418732_2268739370244652012_o.jpg
lmao

Stuart444

Didn't it last less than a year before being canceled? Is the story complete?

Uhh, it got 48 episodes, 2 episodes less than Adventure 02 and the story is fully complete. (it's also got one of the best villains in the series in (Digimon Savers spoiler)
Kurata
)

I don't know of any Digimon series which was cancelled? Unless you mean the dub because I heard Xros Wars wasn't doing that great on western TV. But I don't keep up with the dubs too much so idk.

When do you start getting those challenges?

Chapter 19 with one not able to be done until you beat the game.

MongKey

You should watch Savers, it's quite good and one of my favourites next to Adventure and Tamers :)
I tried but I could never get pass the Masaru punching a Digimon to gain Evolution spirit thing. That's my biggest problem with Savers. The 10 or so episodes that I've watched is good but Masaru kinda ruins it with his punch thing. Why, Masaru, why?

Actually, does he ever learns to gain the Evolution spirit without resorting to digimon punching?

Syntsui

Uhh, it got 48 episodes, 2 episodes less than Adventure 02 and the story is fully complete. (it's also got one of the best villains in the series in (Digimon Savers spoiler)
Kurata

I don't know of any Digimon series which was cancelled? Unless you mean the dub because I heard Xros Wars wasn't doing that great on western TV. But I don't keep up with the dubs too much so idk.

Chapter 19 with one not able to be done until you beat the game.

It never got off here in Brazil. The last one which was complete here, that I remember, was the one where the tamers transformed into the Digimons. It was complete trash so I don't remember very well, it was when I completely stopped following Digimon at all too.

I will look into Savers considering its praise.

Reishiki

Banned
Haha, yeah I know. I've watched all of them except Savers. I've always been Lopmon > Terriermon. Three horns are cuter than one lol.

Speaking of Frontier, I don't mind that arc, actually it's my favorite since Hyper Spirit Evolution rocks my soul. I could watch the evolution sequence all day just to hear that song. And the second ending, my god, straight to the heart; the only time I never skipped the ending song. Frontier's Patamon is also a bundle of joy; he's super adorable.

Man, now I want to watch Frontier again...

The Takuya and Koji Show arc was like, 15 episodes of the two leads jobbing out to two Royal Knights followed by Lucemon making the whole thing irrelevant. And I was still hype for The Last Element and MagnaGarurumon.

I tried but I could never get pass the Masaru punching a Digimon to gain Evolution spirit thing. That's my biggest problem with Savers. The 10 or so episodes that I've watched is good but Masaru kinda ruins it with his punch thing. Why, Masaru, why?

Actually, does he ever learns to gain the Evolution spirit without resorting to digimon punching?

Seems like you need a bit more Hot Blood and KIAI =p

The punching is there to stay for the full run of the show.

It never got off here in Brazil. The last one which was complete here, that I remember, was the one where the tamers transformed into the Digimons. It was complete trash so I don't remember very well, it was when I completely stopped following Digimon at all too.

I will look into Savers considering its praise.

I'm from Brazil too, and I think that Savers/ Data Squad aired on tv, but I am not sure.

I'm sure that from Adventure until Frotier aired, I watched these on tv.

Syntsui

I'm from Brazil too, and I think that Savers/ Data Squad aired on tv, but I am not sure.

I'm sure that from Adventure until Frotier aired, I watched these on tv.

Frontier was the one where the human turned into Digimon, right? Up until that I remember they were regularly on Fox Kids/Jetix. After that it became a mess.

Anyway, If I finish the game is there anything else quest-wise or should I jump straight to New Game+?

MongKey

The Takuya and Koji Show arc was like, 15 episodes of the two leads jobbing out to two Royal Knights followed by Lucemon making the whole thing irrelevant. And I was still hype for The Last Element and MagnaGarurumon.
Haha, yeah but it felt really good when they are finally able to stand toe-to-toe with the Royal Knights. Kinda like that feeling when you conquer a boss in a JRPG where he's unbeatable early on. Still pissed with the botched Susanoomon evolution sequence.

Future games need more Frontier evolution.

Seems like you need a bit more Hot Blood and KIAI =p

The punching is there to stay for the full run of the show.
:(

Frontier was the one where the human turned into Digimon, right? Up until that I remember they were regularly on Fox Kids/Jetix. After that it became a mess.

Anyway, If I finish the game is there anything else quest-wise or should I jump straight to New Game+?

Yes, that's the one.

Savers definitely aired here as well. The opening theme gained a dub version.

Haha, yeah but it felt really good when they are finally able to stand toe-to-toe with the Royal Knights. Kinda like that feeling when you conquer a boss in a JRPG where he's unbeatable early on. Still pissed with the botched Susanoomon evolution sequence.

Future games need more Frontier evolution.

:(

Oh, and in his cross-over appearance in Young Hunters(Season 6) he does this:

Which reminds me I should get a Venomvamdemon.

Masaru beating the shit out of everything in his path is pretty much the highlight of an otherwise meh crossover arc in an otherwise garbage series. Young Hunters was just plain awful.

100% agreed. The first part of Season 6 was quite good though.

Oh, and in his cross-over appearance in Young Hunters(Season 6) he does this:

Which reminds me I should get a Venomvamdemon.

Masaru beating the shit out of everything in his path is pretty much the highlight of an otherwise meh crossover arc in an otherwise garbage series. Young Hunters was just plain awful.

Nightbird

I'm stuck in Chapter 15.

Kyoko says I should go to Mirei to get the locations of the Royal Knights, while Mirei says I should solve some cases first.

Thing is: I solved every single case on the whiteboard. There's nothing left for me to do :/

What should I do?

I'm stuck in Chapter 15.

Kyoko says I should go to Mirei to get the locations of the Royal Knights, while Mirei says I should solve some cases first.

Thing is: I solved every single case on the whiteboard. There's nothing left for me to do :/

What should I do?

IIRC there's a case trigger in Kowloon 1.

I'm stuck in Chapter 15.

What should I do?
I assume you're talking about Ulforceveedramon? There are other royal knights you need to find beside kentaurosmon before you can proceed

I'm stuck in Chapter 15.

What should I do?
Check Kowloon lv.1.

Whats the best way to get the PlatinumNumemom etc. for leveling?

I evolved an Etomon since i read you could get it that way but it says (I think its the right evolution picture) that you need to be level 67 to evolve and that seems crazy high for how soon some people are getting them.

Stuart444

Whats the best way to get the PlatinumNumemom etc. for leveling?

I evolved an Etomon since i read you could get it that way but it says (I think its the right evolution picture) that you need to be level 67 to evolve and that seems crazy high for how soon some people are getting them.

As long as you have 2 PlatinumSukamon and 1 Etemon, getting that high a level is easy :)

gotta play more. i'm way behind everyone. i just fought my first boss?
Dreary Girl and the snowman
was i suppose to be grinding? lol.

Ultimadrago

Man, I was seriously considering replacing Ophanimon for Magnadramon (since their health is much much better), but their ability sucks. Their signature move isn't that great either...

INT Ophanimon it is then. With a Special that has 30% chance to boose INT by 20%... YOLO

Top Bottom