• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

silva1991

Refight, or fight for the first time? Because you can do the royal knight missions right before going to the final boss area, and imperialdramon PM is only available post game

Refight them on the first playthough

this game is so slow I don't feel like doing another playthrough tbh.

Royal knights are part of a series of side quests in chapter 19, aren't they?

Correct

I just thought maybe I can fight them again like I can re enter the legendary cup challenge.

MongKey

Oh, and in his cross-over appearance in Young Hunters(Season 6) he does this:

Which reminds me I should get a Venomvamdemon.

100% agreed. The first part of Season 6 was quite good though.
OMG, don't remind me lol. That's part of the reason I'm having trouble with Savers since I'm expecting every digimon he punched explodes to smithereen. Why have ShineGreymon when you have Masaru going Saitama on everything @_@

silva1991

Has anyone used Titamon in battle? I got one (since hes very wasy to get), but he kinda is just the ATK trainer for everyone.

I would imagine a combo between him and Lilithmon is good against data type bosses cause both have def/int penetrating attacks.

edit: I meant data types.

NEO0MJ

Should the Brave Point C be saved or used whenever?

Also, what's the point of the mirror dungeon? Almost no area I visited ever returned there. Kinda mad considering I just did that mission which had a lot of champion and even an ultra digimon in it and I was planning on revisiting it to grind.

I just remembered Feeding digimon to others.

What exactly does that do? Does it just give a Digimon EXP for what you fed it, or does it gain more than that? And is it useful or should I not worry about it as I have been doing for 40+ hours?

Ultimadrago

I just remembered Feeding digimon to others.

What exactly does that do? Does it just give a Digimon EXP for what you fed it, or does it gain more than that? And is it useful or should I not worry about it as I have been doing for 40+ hours?

I'm pretty sure it's simply for an experience boost. More of an easy trashcan mechanic than anything else.

Whilst we're talking about forgotten mechanics;

If you're specifically trying to get one type of Digimon for your farm (IE: Builder, Brainy, Fighter etc.) then you can use 'DigiConvert' and 'Return to Data' options at the DigiBank to basically regenerate the Digimon with a different personality each time you convert it's scan data.

Cheaper than forcing it with a chip and probably quicker if you don't have any to hand.

MongKey

Whilst we're talking about forgotten mechanics;

If you're specifically trying to get one type of Digimon for your farm (IE: Builder, Brainy, Fighter etc.) then you can use 'DigiConvert' and 'Return to Data' options at the DigiBank to basically regenerate the Digimon with a different personality each time you convert it's scan data.

Cheaper than forcing it with a chip and probably quicker if you don't have any to hand.
Doing that doesn't reset their ABI or gained bonus stats?

Should the Brave Point C be saved or used whenever?

Also, what's the point of the mirror dungeon? Almost no area I visited ever returned there. Kinda mad considering I just did that mission which had a lot of champion and even an ultra digimon in it and I was planning on revisiting it to grind.
Mirror dungeons only unlocked after all the quests available for the dungeon is completed, including future quests. I'm guessing you are talking about the Hagurumon quest dungeon; the mirror dungeon for that will become available quite late in the game.

Doing that doesn't reset their ABI or gained bonus stats?

Mirror dungeons only unlocked after all the quests available for the dungeon is completed, including future quests. I'm guessing you are talking about the Hagurumon quest dungeon; the mirror dungeon for that will become available quite late in the game.

I'm thinking more of a Digimon whose scan data you've got but haven't used yet.

So you've got a 200% scan of Greymon and DigiConvert him. He's not got the personality you want so convert back to data and re-roll.

NEO0MJ

That sucks. I thought I could return there because the portal didn't close but after coming back from the lab it was gone.

ReaperXL7

Has anyone used Titamon in battle? I got one (since hes very wasy to get), but he kinda is just the ATK trainer for everyone.

He's been a mainstay in my party for the majority of the game because hits special hits so damn hard, it's not super flashy but it crushes.

This beast has also become a personal favorite

belphemon_rage_mode__collectors__by_diihfenty-d76vrj1.png

Him and Titamon have made large chunks of the game a breeze even on hardmode.

MongKey

How do you increase ABI or get more items to increase ABI?
The best way to increase ABI is by de-digivolving. The items that increases ABI are super rare and can only be bought at the shop post-game if I'm not mistaken.

I'm thinking more of a Digimon whose scan data you've got but haven't used yet.

So you've got a 200% scan of Greymon and DigiConvert him. He's not got the personality you want so convert back to data and re-roll.
Ah, yeah. You're right. Thanks for the tip.

Finally got this game. Just starting and managed to get a starting team without switching to normal mode. Yeah hard can wreck your shit with only one partner. Honestly choosing Palmon in hard mode start seems suicidal with Koromons lol. There was also mechanic I didnt realize, normal attack are based on the partners element.

Enjoying the game so far.

Ultimadrago

He's been a mainstay in my party for the majority of the game because hits special hits so damn hard, it's not super flashy but it crushes.

Him and Titamon have made large chunks of the game a breeze even on hardmode.

Thanks for the input! Think I'll give him a whirl. As for Belphemon: Rage. Is he hard to obtain?

ReaperXL7

Cool. I'll check them out. I'm guessing Sleep Mode a completely different evolution route?

No, you'll digivolve into sleep mode from Wisemon and then you can Mode change between Sleep and Rage mode at anytime in the evolution menu same as Imperialdramons Dragon and Fighter modes.

duck_sauce

Im just looking for a nice new rpg and stumbled umpon this. I like the art style, but i never played, seen or heard anything digimon and i usually dont like overly silly anime movies / games. In general i like a more mature story.

Is this game still for me?

Kouriozan

I've noticed since a few chapter (I'm at 19 atm), the Digimons in the farms stopped telling me if my quiz answers are correct or not.
RIP quiz trophy.
For example : screenshot 1/2

MongKey

I've noticed since a few chapter (I'm at 19 atm), the Digimons in the farms stopped telling me if my quiz answers are correct or not.
RIP quiz trophy.
For example : screenshot 1/2
Maybe the digimon is not in the farm anymore after giving the question?

I never had this happened to me though I'm only at chapter 13. Seems like a weird thing to happen if its story related.

Chapter 19 Spoilers:

So Leopardmon delivers his long drawn out speech on how the humans are evil and Yggdrasil's will and yadda yadda yadda and then the boss encounter starts. My Lilithmon then proceeds to one shot him within seconds.

Most anticlimactic battle ever, lmao.

Stay salty, Leopardmon.

L95

Hmm, I haven't run into the no replies to questions issue yet. (Though I already got the answered 20 questions right trophy, is that the only one involved for a trophy?)

Kouriozan

Trying something, I removed everyone, converted new digimons and put all of them in the farm, will report if it fix my issue or not.
Edit : 20 mins after answering a new quiz, no response :/
Noticed it also affect the NPCs.

Delio

Lucemon's evolution is puzzling me. How can i get it to 180 attack when I need the farm points pushed to INT? I guess i need to mid max how MUCH Int im pushing on him so he always hits that 250 while also hitting that ATK range. Oh yeah and he needs a little speed @_@

Dante316

Well got 8 tactical usbs.. woohoo, but getting beelzemon seems hard...the 280 attack seems impossible to get without some item usage.

MongKey

Lucemon's evolution is puzzling me. How can i get it to 180 attack when I need the farm points pushed to INT? I guess i need to mid max how MUCH Int im pushing on him so he always hits that 250 while also hitting that ATK range. Oh yeah and he needs a little speed @_@
Looking at Lucemon Lv 99 stats in the guide, it seems you need 82 bonus points in ATK and 17 bonus points in SPD for a total of 99 bonus points. INT requirement is covered naturally. From that it seems a Lv 99, 100 ABI Lucemon with appropriate stats training is needed to evolve him though I just did the calculations based on his raw stats in the guide. Others with Lucemon evolutions should have a better way to do this compared to my raw calculations.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=12#section924

Int Is needed for the first licemon.

80 20 split for attack and speed for SM. Fighter personality

Top Bottom