• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

For farm training, is time the only difference between the options? (Meaning leisure and intensive yields the same results but the only difference is time)

I'm not sure if I want to drop those CAM points

In my opinion the farm is useless outside of tactician drives, unless there's some other items needed from there for a trophy or something perhaps. The xp gained there however is useless compared to what you can get with the right gear and digimon. Don't waste the CAM on it.

Kinsei

Banned
In my opinion the farm is useless outside of tactician drives, unless there's some other items needed from there for a trophy or something perhaps. The xp gained there however is useless compared to what you can get with the right gear and digimon. Don't waste the CAM on it.

They are talking about bonus stats you can't get any other way. Sometimes these stats are required for evolution.

Reszo

Which area has the platnumemons?

Just cleared through Great Challenges 3-7..3 was rough given my reliance on Virus types, eventually managed to get Kentaurosmon down and cut those asshole's attacks from 7-8 in a row to 2..Really don't like how when you main team dies it auto summons a new 3..but puts all of them at the bottom of the queue..They got 5 attacks in a row, killing the last 2, then 7 more before my I got my next attack..As soon as 3 dies, close application and reload.

Challenges 4-7 were a joke, died a couple of times to 7 though, 1st time
I didn't know Omni went nuts and hit everyone for 30k-100k with every attack, next I overestimated the shield guy's HP and accidentally killed him with a crit.

The last dungeon. Tokyo Building.

Lucentto

Banned
Just beat the game, 49 hours.

This game was fantastic. I went in with no expectations and next to little knowledge about Digimon; this game still managed to blow me away. Raising Digimon was addicting and the art design was great. The game looked great on PS4, even when it is essentially a vita upscale.

I can easily say this is one of the better JRPGs to come out recently, this game has that "something" that I felt was missing from a lot of JRPGs released lately.

Overall, this game was sick. I'm going to have to find a way to watch the old Digimon anime series because of this game.

Xenoflare

They are talking about bonus stats you can't get any other way. Sometimes these stats are required for evolution.

Yep, that's what I'm asking, if the 2 hour option and the half hour option yields the same results I don't see the worth of wasting those CAM, if not then I'm willing to invest.

Xenoflare

Ah ok, wasn't even aware there was any bonus stat system to be honest other than the equipment. Guess I haven't ran into any evolutions that require it yet.

It's the +numbers in brackets you see in the stats screen. They add on top of your base stats and there are no other way to get it other than in the farm.

What is this game similar to? I just got a vita and need a game, but I like physical copies and it would cost me $70 AUS due to exchange rates. Also I assume that if I don't get a physical copy now, it would be nearly impossible to get one later right? As play-asia is the only place stocking it I assume there aren't many copies out there.

Dante316

Yep, that's what I'm asking, if the 2 hour option and the half hour option yields the same results I don't see the worth of wasting those CAM, if not then I'm willing to invest.

U can bring the cam back up using the same tactical usb method but get friendship dx item instead. It's all luck though but that's what I'm doing.

1upsuper

What is this game similar to? I just got a vita and need a game, but I like physical copies and it would cost me $70 AUS due to exchange rates. Also I assume that if I don't get a physical copy now, it would be nearly impossible to get one later right? As play-asia is the only place stocking it I assume there aren't many copies out there.

Well, are you familiar with monster raising JRPGs like Monster Rancher, Dragon Quest Monsters, Siralim, MegaTen, etc.? That would be a start.

Ok I need to do a ton of training and balancing out my team. Just did the mission in Chapter 13 where you have to fight 3 evil looking Digimon and then 3 hero looking Digimon, and both of them took me forever to kill.

yami4ct

Got my Beelzemon Blast Mode. He's really cool. Was surprised how close I was on stats. I knew Lucemon was hard to get, but was surprised I had to do a bit of bonus manipulation to get Beelzemon. Needed to boost both attack and hp on my SkullMeramon to meet the minimums.

Gotten to chapter 14 now. There have been some cool moments here and there, but I think overall the story still seems quite bad. Nokia remains obnoxious as hell. Think I'm going to take my stable of Megas now and run straight until I hit the Royal Knights quest. I've got a Serpahmon, Beelzemon BM, Plesiomon, Imperialdramon FM and Metal Garurumon as my squad right now and they just wreck shit. Also got a few other megas sitting in my box, but aside from my EXP boosters, I've really been only bringing out the WarGreymon and WarGreymon Black and Hercules Kabuteramon.

I really like how the more I play this the more the story feels like one of the Digimon anime stories.

Especially in Ch. 17 when
Crusadermon reveals Yuugo/Yuuko/Arata/Nokia/you were the 5 kids in the original EDEN test. Feels like a throwback to the original 8 Digidestined being the ones to see Digimon that one night when they were all kids.

Yeah, it takes a while to get there, but it does eventually feel like a "Best Hits of Digimon" anime in game form.
I think the first half of the story is supposed to throw you off, but it mostly just seems to bore people.

SMK

For farm training, is time the only difference between the options? (Meaning leisure and intensive yields the same results but the only difference is time)

I'm not sure if I want to drop those CAM points

No. Without farm goods I got 32 stat ups with tough training and like 11 stat ups with normal.

yami4ct

Yeah, it takes a while to get there, but it does eventually feel like a "Best Hits of Digimon" anime in game form.
I think the first half of the story is supposed to throw you off, but it mostly just seems to bore people.

In general plot points, sure. In quality? It certainly doesn't feel 'best of'. Characters are really damn boring and all the plot points still feel so disconnected. I saw the twists coming from a mile away as well. It has some cool story ideas, but the execution is so wrong. A lot of the Digimon series have a certain heart that this lacks. Story is completely soulless.

At least we get some cool anime cutscenes.

In general plot points, sure. In quality? It certainly doesn't feel 'best of'. Characters are really damn boring and all the plot points still feel so disconnected. I saw the twists coming from a mile away as well. It has some cool story ideas, but the execution is so wrong. A lot of the Digimon series have a certain heart that this lacks. Story is completely soulless.

At least we get some cool anime cutscenes.

*shrug* I liked it and thought it was done well. I mean, the story's not worth writing home about, but I found it far from soulless.

yami4ct

*shrug* I liked it and thought it was done well. I mean, the story's not worth writing home about, but I found it far from soulless.

As someone who's played a lot of bland/generic RPGs, this is the least invested I've been in a story in quite some time. I don't think it's the localization either. I just find everything about the story to be so boring.

Too each their own, but I hope future story games have a plot structure that actually flows from one event to the next, characters who have even remotely interesting personalities, and a plot that has even the barest bit of momentum. Also please give me more digimon as characters. Digimon are major characters in the anime, and here there really isn't too many that feel like they play a vital role.

dragn

im not doing farm anymore for xp usb, just wrecking shit in legendary cup because in round 7 is a platnume and it drops it everytime with 4 itemdrop usb

How many Digimon can you have?
Storage?

Well all the baby and in training digimon number in the 10s total. From there you branch out to about 200 digivolutions.

Assuming you want 1 copy of each digimon, there is enough space to keep 11 of them on hand, about 50 I believe on the farms and another 200 in the bank. People who have finished the game can tell you the total limit.

But I wouldn't hold on to a lot of the Digimon forms. Like GeoGreymon and Greymon, no purpose just stick to 1. If anything do Geogreymon and then Blue Greymon if you have DLC.

demonkaze

How long is it worth me sticking around and grinding and digivolving at the ch4 side mission dungeon? I have a couple of ultimates now and 3 platsuka's

Stuart444

The first half of the game feels like what it should be to me. You're a detective, you're doing detective things and helping people. While at the same time trying to solve the mystery of what happened to you which takes some time. To put it in anime form: It's like a Monster (or in Digimons case, Digimon) of the week situation. Most of the anime series had something like that with the real plot not starting til a bit later in the series.

In a way, it really does feel like a Digimon anime.

NZerker12

They fixed the DLC issue yet? I want to get Beelzmon second mode so bad.

No they have not, i'm in the same boat as well.

Instead of trying to fix this problem the easy thing to do would be put the pack up for everyone to download, but no we got to have that stupid bulllshit preorder dlc don't we. It is for reasons like this for why I hate preorder dlc in general.

Stuart444

No they have not, i'm in the same boat as well.

Instead of trying to fix this problem the easy thing to do would be put the pack up for everyone to download, but no we got to have that stupid bulllshit preorder dlc don't we. It is for reasons like this for why I hate preorder dlc in general.

We talking about the UK DLC?

If so, it's not a pre-order DLC, it will always come with the physical edition for instance.

Source: Bandai Namco EU twitter

Also it seems to be an issue on Sonys side (also from that twitter) so we're probably waiting on Sony to do something about it on the store/network side of things.

And I'm also quite annoyed considering how near the end of the game I am with it not being fixed and being unable to access Black Agu/Gabu and Cherubi/Beelzemon's other versions.

NZerker12

We talking about the UK DLC?

If so, it's not a pre-order DLC, it will always come with the physical edition for instance.

Source: Bandai Namco EU twitter

Also it seems to be an issue on Sonys side (also from that twitter) so we're probably waiting on Sony to do something about it on the store/network side of things.

And I'm also quite annoyed considering how near the end of the game I am with it not being fixed and being unable to access Black Agu/Gabu and Cherubi/Beelzemon's other versions.

Yes the UK dlc

My point still stands if the content was made available for everyone like the additional missions pack then this wouldn't be a problem. It has been a week since they acknowledged the problem but we still have no new news, all we know is that they are fixing it. I can guarantee that it is not high on Sony's list of things to fix, so we no doubt have to wait another week or two.

As you can see I am also annoyed, BlackWarGreymon and Beezlemon BM were supposed to be my main digimon, instead I had to change that. Not only that but it is keeping me from advancing through the game at the pace I want. I am currently on Chapter 9 but would be further if I had the dlc as I wanted the above in my team for the second half of the game at least.

Hey Digimon fans. I've been thinking of watching (subbed) and getting into Digimon. Can I at my age(22) or is it more of a you had to be there thing?

I think it's definitely worthwhile (although I might be biased). Most of the anime are pretty good, only 02 and Young Hunters are really not worth watching.

NEO0MJ

I'm so confused regarding where I should go with my current team. So many of the Digimon I want are Virus but this can be a huge problem later. Not sure who I should give up.

I'm so confused regarding where I should go with my current team. So many of the Digimon I want are Virus but this can be a huge problem later. Not sure who I should give up.

Yeah I ended up with a mostly virus team and it's been a huge problem. Even some of the digimon I specifically tried to make non-virus I ended up accidentally digivolving into virus type.

I'm only at chapter 10, but my party needs an overhaul. We currently have 5 virus types, 1 vaccine and one neutral, no data. Hoping I can digivolve some of them soon to fix this.

Yes the UK dlc

My point still stands if the content was made available for everyone like the additional missions pack then this wouldn't be a problem. It has been a week since they acknowledged the problem but we still have no new news, all we know is that they are fixing it. I can guarantee that it is not high on Sony's list of things to fix, so we no doubt have to wait another week or two.

As you can see I am also annoyed, BlackWarGreymon and Beezlemon BM were supposed to be my main digimon, instead I had to change that. Not only that but it is keeping me from advancing through the game at the pace I want. I am currently on Chapter 9 but would be further if I had the dlc as I wanted the above in my team for the second half of the game at least.

What happened exactly? I got it in the UK and I have all those DLCs installed. I don't use BlackWar Greymon yet but can digivolve into him.

Stuart444

What happened exactly? I got it in the UK and I have all those DLCs installed. I don't use BlackWar Greymon yet but can digivolve into him.

People who have redeemed the code day 1 didn't get the Digimon part of the DLC and we have to wait til Sony fixes it. We only got the themes and the additional missions.

(this is PS4 only, we got the Vita version of the DLC)

Ultimadrago

I could never find the Victory Man in Chapter 11. Supposedly he's in the Underground, but unless he's super hidden, I completely missed them.

Stuart444

I could never find the Victory Man in Chapter 11. Supposedly he's in the Underground, but unless he's super hidden, I completely missed them.

He was literally at the back (or the start however you want to say it) of the first area, as soon as you go in to the underground, you go towards the camera and he should be there.

Top Bottom