• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

NEO0MJ

Yeah I ended up with a mostly virus team and it's been a huge problem. Even some of the digimon I specifically tried to make non-virus I ended up accidentally digivolving into virus type.

What's worse for me is that two of them are also electric, Datamon and Canonbeemon. At last one is Int. based with the other Atk. Decided to kick both from the team now, though.

If you don't do a case in a chapter you can always do it later right?

Mostly yeah, but it seems some cases might get locked out.

Wazzy

Banned
Okay I'm finally ready to grind out my Suka's so I can get PlatinumNumemon. I already have one and currently working on a Etemon who is almost there. I'm happy the requirements are easy.

Also Chapter 13
Lopmon is so adorable following me around <3 The games gotten quite serious which I like
is it normal to try close to 200 times for a tactician USB and still not get it....?? T.T

It is pretty rare but that seems extreme. Have you not received even one yet? What's your farm setup?

Logash

Finally got Beelzamon and a weird thing started happening. Every time I attack with anyone in my party they take damage and they get attack up. Literally the only that has changed was that I got Beelzamon. Anyone know what's going on?

Finally got Beelzamon and a weird thing started happening. Every time I attack with anyone in my party they take damage and they get attack up. Literally the only that has changed was that I got Beelzamon. Anyone know what's going on?

It's his skill. If you digivolve him to BM, that won't happen anymore.

evilalien

Look at Beelzemon's passive ability.

pixxxelz

Who's a good (ultimate) digimon for healing/support? I've been using gatomon up to this point but I think is time to upgrade him.

timnich

Just started the game today, does anyone know where I can look up which digimon digivolves into what?

Also, should I be maxing out levels before digivolving? And how many times should I be dedigivolving to get the highest stats?

Stuart444

Just started the game today, does anyone know where I can look up which digimon digivolves into what?

Also, should I be maxing out levels before digivolving? And how many times should I be dedigivolving to get the highest stats?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=10#section706

Doesn't matter too much about maxing out levels before Digivolving but you probably should max them out before de-digivolving.

As for how many times you de-digivolve, do it til ABI is MAX (but wait until you CAN'T digivolve anymore because of lack of ABI imo). Once Abi is max, you can max out bonus stats if you want to.

If you don't care about max bonus stats from the Digifarm then just de-digivolve as much as it takes to get whatever digimon you want and until you're level is max 99. (which is also determined by ABI of course)

NEO0MJ

I just started chapter 4?

Truth is, I don't know which ones. I just saw it mentioned here before. Right now I'm just clearing them all as soon as I can.

Shame, Cannonbeemon is super cool. His 30 SP armour breaking attack does crazy damage.

Yeah, but I wanted Skullgreymon on my team so bad. I have space for one more Ultimate Digimon now so I might bring it back. Current main team.

24371649464_c82258a462_o.jpg

I feel that I might need to bring in support soon.

Dereck

DigiBank and Digivolving
In the DigiBank, you can manage who is in your party, digivolve/de-digivolve Digimon, and convert the data you’ve gained from Digimon Capture.

So this means if I scan a Digimon I see in random encounters over 100%, I can go to the DigiBank, and "get" those Digimon, right

DigiBank and Digivolving
In the DigiBank, you can manage who is in your party, digivolve/de-digivolve Digimon, and convert the data you’ve gained from Digimon Capture.

So this means if I scan a Digimon I see in random encounters over 100%, I can go to the DigiBank, and "get" those Digimon, right

Yes. That's how you get more Digimon. The Digiconvert function.

MongKey

Don't forget that you can get the scan up to 200%. Though I think the only benefit is being able to equip more skills. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Scanning up to 200% gives you a starting ABI of 5. I don't think there's any more benefit other than ABI bonus.

Don't forget that you can get the scan up to 200%. Though I think the only benefit is being able to equip more skills. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think it has to do with skills at all.
Pretty sure it's just 5 extra ABI which will save a bit of time in the beginning of the game so you don't have to de-digivolve as early but later in the game it's really no biggie so the 200% probably isn't enough of a boost that you should go out of your way for it.

NEO0MJ

Scanning up to 200% gives you a starting ABI of 5. I don't think there's any more benefit other than ABI bonus.

I don't think it has to do with skills at all.
Pretty sure it's just 5 extra ABI which will save a bit of time in the beginning of the game so you don't have to de-digivolve as early but later in the game it's really no biggie so the 200% probably isn't enough of a boost that you should go out of your way for it.

Aha. Must have misread it in the tutorial, then.

Does anyone else have this problem? Where all the cool Digimons that you want all turns out to be Viruses, or at best a tiny few Datas, and you suddenly find yourself desperately searching for a good Vaccine type lol to cover your weakness @_@ ?

NEO0MJ

Does anyone else have this problem? Where all the cool Digimons that you want all turns out to be Viruses, or at best a tiny few Datas, and you suddenly find yourself desperately searching for a good Vaccine type lol to cover your weakness @_@ ?

Heh, we just talked about it on this page. What's causing you trouble?

The first half of the game feels like what it should be to me. You're a detective, you're doing detective things and helping people. While at the same time trying to solve the mystery of what happened to you which takes some time. To put it in anime form: It's like a Monster (or in Digimons case, Digimon) of the week situation. Most of the anime series had something like that with the real plot not starting til a bit later in the series.

In a way, it really does feel like a Digimon anime.

Yeah, it starts out more of a detective procedural with each case being like a self-contained episode. The problem for some (not all but generally what I'm seeing) is that people find it boring and lacking Digimon. Up til the second half, Agumon and Gabumon appear to be the only major Digimon characters and there are some "filler" cases that have nothing to do with Digimon at all.

Mind you, I liked the set-up, the random cases were fun and I think it helps subvert expectations, but I can see why some might not be a fan.

Ch. 19 Spoilers:
Kyoko being Alphamon the whole time sort of fixed the lack of Digimon characters in the first half for me, but that's hindsight.

silva1991

Not me because I have like 20+ cool megas of all types :p

as for good vaccine GET WARGREYMON NOW

wargreymon's tornado skill ignores enemies defense so he is a perfect vaccine attacker.

Mastemon and Ophanimon are great vaccine healers(they have the best healing and reviving spells) and Metalgaruromon for speedmanagement.

Wazzy

Banned

Honestly I've only been using digimon I like and it seems to get me by with no problems. With 11 digimon I have quite a few to choose from and if you're early in the game you probably don't even have to worry about types if you've grinded.

Yes, except it was few vaccines and needing data for me lol.

Ended up with 5 viruses, 3 vaccines, 2 datas and one free by the end game.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Peeps, how does the game perform on Vita? I'm debating whether to play this on Vita now or wait until I get a PS4.

This is definitely me right now

Peeps, how does the game perform on Vita? I'm debating whether to play this on Vita now or wait until I get a PS4.

Without flaws. I've heard reports of minor slowdown during big attacks with lots of huge Digimon on the field, but I haven't experienced it yet.

It was made for the Vita, so it all works perfectly.

NEO0MJ

Plays fine for me. Other than resolution you'l be missing out on 60 FPS but it doesn't effect the gameplay at all. Only noticed slowdown in very few areas which were large, crowded, and detailed but they don't last long. Only other flaw is that screenshots don't look as nice but that doesn't seem like a good reason alone to not pick up the Vita version.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member

I'm wondering that myself. After selling my truck, getting paid, and getting my big tax returns soon I decided to liquidate my previous gaming setup and start fresh, got rid of all my Nintendo stuff to prepare for the launch of the NX, and I'm thinking of picking up a Vita or PS4, largely for Cyber Sleuth. Not many games interest me on either console outside of a few good ones, and I loved the portability of the 3DS so I think I might go with Vita. Most big PS4 games are on PC anyway. It's something I'm giving a lot of thought because I have to decide today.

Top Bottom