• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Stuart444

Yeah, it starts out more of a detective procedural with each case being like a self-contained episode. The problem for some (not all but generally what I'm seeing) is that people find it boring and lacking Digimon. Up til the second half, Agumon and Gabumon appear to be the only major Digimon characters and there are some "filler" cases that have nothing to do with Digimon at all.

Mind you, I liked the set-up, the random cases were fun and I think it helps subvert expectations, but I can see why some might not be a fan.

Ch. 19 Spoilers:
Kyoko being Alphamon the whole time sort of fixed the lack of Digimon characters in the first half for me, but that's hindsight.

While I can understand the complaints, I think it worked well in the context of the story. How Digimon were just thought of as hacking programs and the main Digimon stuff ended up being you vs other hackers. I thought the whole thing fit in the context of the world and story that was created.

Though I would really like to see where they could take it if they made a sequel. Since if the whole time thing is correct, no one apart from the main cast should in theory remember the Digital Disaster in Tokyo with the Digimon. Could make for a good set up to a direct sequel imo.

In other news, I have taken care of 3 of the RK requests now. tomorrow I'll do the last few and then beat the game and beat the final RK request :D.

Then wait for the Demon Lords DLC to drop.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Well no it's not really a problem yet, it's just that occasionally I'll run into a Virus boss and lamenting my lack of Vaccines to take them out faster lol.

Lol, I would need to grind CAM to get Greymon.

For WarGreymon, it's worth it. Probably one of the best attacking Vaccine types. Pierce attacks are not only invaluable against Eaters throughout the game, but they are the ideal attack moves in late games, doing more damage even with a type disadvantage than attacks that don't pierce that have multiple advantages.

So I hear.

Finished the game. Man that was some good stuff. Story, characters, all of it was good.

WarGreymon and Lilithmon made some of the bosses pretty easy, but many of them still provided a good challenge.

What Data Digimon have a DEF/INT-ignoring skill?

NEO0MJ

I'd just like to say that I find it strange that the cool guy, Arata, is wearing a blue one piece. Seems so off on that archetype.

For WarGreymon, it's worth it. Probably one of the best attacking Vaccine types. Pierce attacks are not only invaluable against Eaters throughout the game, but they are the ideal attack moves in late games, doing more damage even with a type disadvantage than attacks that don't pierce that have multiple advantages.

So I hear.

For me I want to avoid using the more well known Digimons and focus more on the more obscure ones, which seem to consist mostly of Virus types.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game. Man that was some good stuff. Story, characters, all of it was good.

WarGreymon and Lilithmon made some of the bosses pretty easy, but many of them still provided a good challenge.

What Data Digimon have a DEF/INT-ignoring skill?

The only one I know off the top of my head is Plesiomon, a Data Water type with an INT piercing special attack.

I plan on getting him via Betamon -> Seadramon -> MegaSeadramon -> Plesiomon.

For me I want to avoid using the more well known Digimons and focus more on the more obscure ones, which seem to consist mostly of Virus types.

Fair enough.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering that myself. After selling my truck, getting paid, and getting my big tax returns soon I decided to liquidate my previous gaming setup and start fresh, got rid of all my Nintendo stuff to prepare for the launch of the NX, and I'm thinking of picking up a Vita or PS4, largely for Cyber Sleuth. Not many games interest me on either console outside of a few good ones, and I loved the portability of the 3DS so I think I might go with Vita. Most big PS4 games are on PC anyway. It's something I'm giving a lot of thought because I have to decide today.

If I were in your shoes though, I would grab a PS4 because it is definitely more future-proof than the Vita. Don't get me wrong, I love my little Vita but this is a console that launched in 2012. It's having some amazing twilight years (Zero Escape 3!) but it ain't going to get the support the PS4 is getting in the next years. Also, the PS4 has a neat physical copy.

Thanks for the responses btw, I think I will hold off for the PS4 version though, cause I forgot FE Fates is coming out in a week. :V

demonkaze

Asked earlier but didn't get a reply. When is a good idea to move on from the exp farming spot in chapter 4? I have 3 PlatSuka's and some Ultimates now.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
If I were in your shoes though, I would grab a PS4 because it is definitely more future-proof than the Vita. Don't get me wrong, I love my little Vita but this is a console that launched in 2012. It's having some amazing twilight years (Zero Escape 3!) but it ain't going to get the support the PS4 is getting in the next years. Also, the PS4 has a neat physical copy.

Thanks for the responses btw, I think I will hold off for the PS4 version though, cause I forgot FE Fates is coming out in a week. :V

Yep. That's my big internal debate right now. One is portable, the other is actually going to get support and potentially great games I might want in the future. The Vita is having great twilight years, but its still having twilight years.

Got some thinking to do.

TR_

About the ending and the last coliseum battle, I don't really understand the ending but
Is mr.Navit suppose to be god or something?

AyanFaust

Banned
Asked earlier but didn't get a reply. When is a good idea to move on from the exp farming spot in chapter 4? I have 3 PlatSuka's and some Ultimates now.

You won't get any area better than it for a bit(chapter 9-11), but with three platsuka's you should be able to get some good grinding in regardless. If you feel ready to move on, if go for it. Ultimates should be good for a bit. I think chapter 6 had the gold cup with some good exp gaining as well.

Every time I reset the same item appears again. I'm about to give up soon ;_;

If it keeps giving you the same item you probably saved right when the alert came through which seals in the item. Try the Develop command again then save when the countdown reaches 2 so you can be sure to restart before each time.

If it keeps giving you the same item you probably saved right when the alert came through which seals in the item. Try the Develop command again then save when the countdown reaches 2 so you can be sure to restart before each time.

like Dandy said, you probably saved a little late

that is why if I want to save seconds before the development is done I save in the other slot/file out of the remaining two just in case.
Thanks!

silva1991

Jesus, not only Blckwargreymon and Black kerpymon have def penetrating skills but also this guy?

CbHWjGqWAAE50mG.jpg:orig

and they still didn't fix the store issues so that we get any of them? :(

Ultimadrago

i like his sleep mode design

that being said get the second mode for that devastating def penetrating attack ;)

Hah, as tempting as 3x Dark Damage is, I already have a couple of DEF perpetrators on the team. Think I'll stick with Sleep Mode's INT Penetrate that hits the whole field. :)

Jesus, not only Blckwargreymon and Black kerpymon have def penetrating skills but also this guy?

and they still didn't fix the store issues so that we get any of them? :(

Takes 20% as HP? Goddamn, that sounds nice.

I love how thoughtless and easy it is to grind in this game. Just watching stuff on my computer while playing with one hand, don't even have to look at the TV most of the time lol.

Plays fine for me. Other than resolution you'l be missing out on 60 FPS but it doesn't effect the gameplay at all. Only noticed slowdown in very few areas which were large, crowded, and detailed but they don't last long. Only other flaw is that screenshots don't look as nice but that doesn't seem like a good reason alone to not pick up the Vita version.
Wait, it's 60fps on PS4? I didn't even notice, lol

Slayven

I think it's a pre order/day one bonus digimon

his either a second mode for Beelzmon or Beelzmon evolves into him

you buy most of em at the digiLab

some of them are rewards after finishing some cases.
did not know that

I just noticed you can do stuff with you square button other then the wall hacks, should I be worried about copy and pasting stuff?

Dugna

did not know that

I just noticed you can do stuff with you square button other then the wall hacks, should I be worried about copy and pasting stuff?

Copy and pasting and code scan only come up in a few dungeons later, don't worry. Just have a kinda balanced team in your party you can do most hacks.

The gate hacks are used throughout the game to progress to the next level of Kowloon.

The next three (including Copy/Paste) are used later in the game to solve light puzzles.

Then the next five reduce/eliminate encounters or increase/instantly cause them.

If you check your profile card you can see the requirements to unlock each skill but remember that you need to maintain the requirements to use the skill. If you stop meeting them you will lose the ability until you do.

Bypassing normal mode and playing on hard made the game infinitely more enjoyable. It should have been the default setting IMO. It isn't really difficult so much as it is just better balanced. Normal felt like it was designed for kids and waters down an otherwise excellent rpg.

Wazzy

Banned
For Beelzemon BM you need to buy the game on PSN in February. Otherwise, it was a preorder DLC.

The DLC set gives you black Agumon and Gabumon plus Cherubimon.

Bypassing normal mode and playing on hard made the game infinitely more enjoyable. It should have been the default setting IMO. It isn't really difficult so much as it is just better balanced. Normal felt like it was designed for kids and waters down an otherwise excellent rpg.

Much later in the game the number of actually "viable" Digimon unfortunately goes way down. Though it is preferable to being easy enough to win with whomever you want.

Well... Shit, I've accidentally completed Hagurumon's quest... I didn't think there was only one thing I needed to get given how many portals there are ~_~

So I guess I can't ever returned to the white board.... (._.)

Also, screw that 50% CAM, I'll just hatch my own Greymon from scratch!

Pau

When's the next good dungeon for grinding after Ch. 10?

Finally got two tactician USBs!

I knew it was a good idea just to go on with the story without resetting all the time 👍
This is what I did. Got them after maybe five tries. Wasn't too bad.

How's the story of this game?

Online play?
I think the story is kind of whatever so far (on Ch. 10) with the dialogue and characters being pretty bad, but I don't tend to like in the storytelling video games or anime in general. It's not so bad that you can't ignore it. Maybe it gets better or more interesting.

NZerker12

Is it bad that I have 7 megas in chapter 10?

Lilthmon is also seriously OP. Having her Wargreymon, Metalguarurumon and Ophanimon has me completely set as a team.

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
I'm watching Tamers right now and thinking of doing another playthrough with the tamer digimons + Impmon.

Help.

I did that. I wish Gallantmon wasn't such a late-game reward for a side quest, but it was overall a decent team. Sakuyamon is useful for getting rid of all the enemy buffs at once, MarineAngemon has a crazy good heal, Cherubimon Vice's special is really strong, Beelzemon Blast Mode and Gallantmon were unfortunately underused. Blast Mode's special attack uses 50 SP at once, so it only gets a few uses before depleting his SP, and by the time I got Gallantmon there wasn't much left to use him for.

The others are all ok. MegaGargomon was pretty good at tanking damage, Justimon has a decent special attack, and HiAndromon is around that mark too.I went with SaberLeomon since I didn't have many Data types and his usefulness seemed to vary the most.

Top Bottom