• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

The RNG gods hate me. :(
I've been resetting this save file for at least 30 times now and no Tacticians. :( I saved about 3 minutes before the timer reaches 0.

*edit* after so many resets, and pretty much giving up on trying for now, I finally got 2 Tacticians! :D

Xenoflare

Ok for reals, I need Ultimates that aren't vaccines and I shot myself in the foot for letting my nostalgia goggles taking over. I ended up with a lot of the Adventures 01 digimons and they are almost all vaccines.

I do have a Blk WereGaruru and a blk Greymon but is there any fast way to gain exp in Chapter 7?

Ok for reals, I need Ultimates that aren't vaccines and I shot myself in the foot for letting my nostalgia goggles taking over. I ended up with a lot of the Adventures 01 digimons and they are almost all vaccines.

I do have a Blk WereGaruru and a blk Greymon but is there any fast way to gain exp in Chapter 7?
Maybe try an Etemon?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
The lack of dub is very surreal to me, this is the first time I played a game that was entirely subbed. I'd rather be watching the cutscenes instead of glancing down at the subtitles to see what's actually going on, but it's not something I'm too concerned with so long as the game is as great as everyone says.

Xenoflare

The lack of dub is very surreal to me, this is the first time I played a game that was entirely subbed. I'd rather be watching the cutscenes instead of glancing down at the subtitles to see what's actually going on, but it's not something I'm too concerned with so long as the game is as great as everyone says.

At first I'm a bit bummed, then found out that the translation is probably too shoddy to warrant a dub.

It feels like decent fan translated project. At first I thought it wasn't nearly as bad as Sword Art Online HF but the nastier errors are in the DigiLines

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
At first I'm a bit bummed, then found out that the translation is probably too shoddy to warrant a dub.

It feels like decent fan translated project. At first I thought it wasn't nearly as bad as Sword Art Online HF but the nastier errors are in the DigiLines

Meh. I just turned voice volume all the way down and go straight Pokemon on this, written text only. Much more enjoyable.

Would y'all recommend Hagurumon as the starter to get a PlatinumSuka easier?

Xenoflare

Meh. I just turned voice volume all the way down and go straight Pokemon on this, written text only. Much more enjoyable.

I don't mind the Japanese voice at all (ok barring Nokia) since it's all being voiced by the JP VAs that I'm familiar too, Namely the actresses for Mirei and Kyoko. (Miyuki Sawashiro and Maaya Sakamoto)

There are fan translations that are much, much better than this. It sucks to see Namco doing yet another shoddy localization job.

I don't mind the Japanese voice at all (ok barring Nokia) since it's all being voiced by the JP VAs that I'm familiar too, Namely the actresses for Mirei and Kyoko. (Miyuki Sawashiro and Maaya Sakamoto)

Some of the more manic characters later make the Japanese dub perfect. Specifically for some of the nonsensical engrish.

There are fan translations that are much, much better than this. It sucks to see Namco doing yet another shoddy localization job.

Yeah it's pretty terrible at points. Be it them always assuming you're a male character in the game, the Digi-Line texts at times making absolutely no sense or just plain text errors. This is the first time I've encountered this kind of stuff in a game aside from an occasional typo and it's pretty jarring. Still love the game to death and I'm thankful we got it. Hopefully if this does well enough to get them to bring over the next Digimon game they'll give that one a better localization.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member

Nokia is what made me mute voices

I'm honestly wondering if I should name my Digimon. Most of them would probably be RPG or Final Fantasy names. Although I have my team of Platinum Poops already figured out: Herpfine, Derpfine, and Merpfine.

Xenoflare

What I meant is by the level of expectations, for example the fan translation for Mother 3 is insanely good but we don't have that kind of expectations on fan translated games.

In other words this game is decent if we are judging a fan translation, and almost unacceptable if we are looking at it as a proper western release.

Kinda surprising how SAO got completely shat on while this one kinda evaded all the crap. It's probably weren't any "penetration" memes or other memeable errors

Wazzy

Banned

Get yourself three PlatSuka's and go to colosseum with them as your main three with other digimon in reserve. Tactician USB's equipped would make everything even faster.

Win until Gold Cup is unlocked then beat everything up until the boss and just lose to him.

Xenoflare

Get yourself three PlatSuka's and go to colosseum with them as your main three with other digimon in reserve. Tactician USB's equipped would make everything even faster.

Win until Gold Cup is unlocked then beat everything up until the boss and just lose to him.

That sounds like end game grinding but I'll see what I can do since PlatSuka is a champion so the process of getting it won't be exactly too painful.

I just need to bring a ultimate virus or two so I can have a party to fend off those 3 data bosses.

Wazzy

Banned
That sounds like end game grinding but I'll see what I can do since PlatSuka is a champion so the process of getting it won't be exactly too painful.

I just need to bring a ultimate virus or two so I can have a party to fend off those 3 data bosses.
It's up to you but once you have the PlatSuka's you'll gain exp like its nothing. Not sure if that's appealing to you but I grinded out in chapter 7 and had multiple ultimates ready to go into Mega if my memory was higher. It's the best and fastest trick in the game but it totally makes everything easy.

Also getting tactician USB's in farm is a good thing to ASAP for even more exp.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
It's up to you but once you have the PlatSuka's you'll gain exp like its nothing. Not sure if that's appealing to you but I grinded out in chapter 7 and had multiple ultimates ready to go into Mega if my memory was higher. It's the best and fastest trick in the game but it totally makes everything easy.

Also getting tactician USB's in farm is a good thing to ASAP for even more exp.

Yep, everything right here.

Get 3 PlatinumSukamon and load up each of their item slots with Tactician USBs. You'll gain unreal XP. They can hold two each. Their megas (gained through the ultimate Etemon, which PlatSuk can digivolve too) are PlatinumNumemon, which can hold 3 USBs each. They also have the XP increase passive as well.

Also I went with Terriermon, didn't realize he could digivolve into Gatomon, and I need that for one of my main team digimon, Ophanimon.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh and while we are at it. Where can I buy/farm miracle meats or other ABI increasing items.
I believe it's available after you beat the game(haven't yet so not sure) and it's apparently very expensive. Best and most efficient way is to do exp trick to level fast then just dedigivolve to lowest form and back up. It doesn't take long to get ABI higher.

You'll also probably find a couple extra ones later on in the game but you really don't need it.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually loving the Vita. It's such a neat little system. I got this controller-like grip for it too which makes it much more comfortable.

Bogeypop

Just finished the boss fight for Chapter 15 and had my first hearty laugh with the translation as opposed to the constant cringe.

mx6V9rJ.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Jesmon is derived from Jesus? Lol

And it was raised by Sistermon. Wow

None of this is in the game, but I've just been wandering around the wiki.
Cd3K4S1.png

Those of you who are in the end/post-game period, anybody have luck on Hard Mode against one of the optional bosses?

Specifically
Great Challenge 4: Dynasmon and Crusadermon. I literally have no idea what to do, I've tried a bunch of different strategies but it all comes down to the fact that they get 50 turns, can't be status effected, are too beefy and heal. I really don't want to drop down my difficulty level but I'm not even sure where to begin with this.

Rizzi

I feel a little bad about using the PlatinumSukamon trick. But I did kind of scrap my entire team, so I did need to catch up.

MongKey

Those of you who are in the end/post-game period, anybody have luck on Hard Mode against one of the optional bosses?

Specifically
Great Challenge 4: Dynasmon and Crusadermon. I literally have no idea what to do, I've tried a bunch of different strategies but it all comes down to the fact that they get 50 turns, can't be status effected, are too beefy and heal. I really don't want to drop down my difficulty level but I'm not even sure where to begin with this.
Maybe you can bring UlforceVeedramon and two heavy hitters (e.g. Lilithmon) and bomb one of them dead before they can move since UlforceVeedramon gives free first turn.

Sorry if it doesn't work. Haven't made it there yet.

Maybe you can bring UlforceVeedramon and two heavy hitters (e.g. Lilithmon) and bomb one of them dead before they can move since UlforceVeedramon gives free first turn.

Sorry if it doesn't work. Haven't made it there yet.

Nevermind, figured it out. If someone needs help with this boss, the secret to victory is Craniamon and lots and lots of prayer.

RexNovis

Banned
So I've stumbled across a game crashing glitch.

On Chapter 14 whilst in the digital shift for the lab device when you battle Vademon + 2 Veggiemon if you kill all three simultaneously with Gale Storm the game locks up and then crashes. I've replicated it 5 times.

Curiously killing all three at once with every other AOE move I've tried has not crashed the game. Only Gale Storm does.

What a bizzare glitch

I did this exact same thing except I ended up with a bunch of virus types because holy shit they look so god damn cool.

and lots and lots of prayer.

This has held true with so many of my fights.

Wazzy

Banned
Just got my Kerpymon and I love how he looks. I'm starting to fill out my reserve finally though I still need to get my memory up.

Also PlatNumx3 with x9 tactician USB grinding is so fast holy crap. The only thing that sucks is the time it takes to get my Numemons killed in Plat Cup.

Much later in the game the number of actually "viable" Digimon unfortunately goes way down. Though it is preferable to being easy enough to win with whomever you want.
Yeah, that's one of the few things I didn't like. By the last quarter of the game you pretty much needed DEF-penetrating skills to deal some damage, or else you would take forever to kill any boss.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so on my first night I decided to just grind out some of the rookies I need for my eventual main team. Ones I have so far:

Terriormon, Agumon, Veemon, Guilmon, Betamon, Tentamon, and just recently Dorumon.

I still need Armadillomon, Gabumon (Maybe), and for my 11th slot I'm not sure if I'm going to whip up a Dark type or prepare for the long haul in order to get Imperialdramon. It pays to have at least one Free type on your team.

NZerker12

Okay, so on my first night I decided to just grind out some of the rookies I need for my eventual main team. Ones I have so far:

Terriormon, Agumon, Veemon, Guilmon, Betamon, Tentamon, and just recently Dorumon.

I still need Armadillomon, Gabumon (Maybe), and for my 11th slot I'm not sure if I'm going to whip up a Dark type or prepare for the long haul in order to get Imperialdramon. It pays to have at least one Free type on your team.

I recommend these. Terriormon can become Tailmon which can become Ophanimon (Great healer), Agumon-Wargreymon (Def piercing attack and Vaccine), Veemon-Imperialdramon (Free Type), Guilmon-RustTyranomon (Easy to get Virus Mega) and Gabumon-MetalGururumon (fast Data type) and have a PlatinumNumemon/Sukamon (EXP and great Tank).

Having all these you should have a great balanced team, the only problem you will come across is Memory problems.

Delio

I'm actually pretty prepped for the end of the game now. Have been for a while but I'm trying to finish out my Dex before i do.

grimmiq

Not a lot to go, 216 down. Do the DLC agumon count? I have 2 really early on in the field guide that I apparently haven't seen.

Top Bottom