• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Croc

Banned
lol, once I had a good team the Legendary cup went incredibly smoothly. Even the last battle.

Any tips for the Master cup before I take that on? Specific Digimon or strategy tips, things to watch out for etc would be appreciated.

KimChi

holy fuck, 12K exp?

I just realized I don't even have any tact USBs so it'll probably be much less without it.

also, I don't think i've got the mirror dungeon yet. the tokyo metropolitan office is the latest area I unlocked and the latest place i've unlocked on eden is demons. I guess I should hold off grinding till I unlock it?

You should have some mirror dungeons unlocked, check where mirei is to access the digifarm and go to the top right of the room to access mirror dungeons.

Or do what Nachtfalke suggested, I only just finished up chapter 7 I think.

@The Artisan
In Chapter 8 you will get access to the Asuka Digital shift with Champions in it, they will give you much exp:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=9#section669

DigiFarm, 10x Builders, 5x Developer Know-How, 1000 Yen. Quicksave/reload on 1 minute before the results shows up.
thank you. still on chapter 7 so i'll get my grind on next chapter.

in the mean time, I picked up the broadway food tour case, and I don't get where i'm supposed to go...

edit: nvm I found it. this game's maps just doesn't do a good job of giving direction.
You should have some mirror dungeons unlocked, check where mirei is to access the digifarm and go to the top right of the room to access mirror dungeons.

Or do what Nachtfalke suggested, I only just finished up chapter 7 I think.

yeah i'm guessing the mirror dungeons are the wormhole looking tunnels?

I just realized, the Eaters are sorta like the D-Reaper in Tamers.

Also, I had the biggest little kid grin when
Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon digifused into Omnimon. Great memories and nostalgia from the Digimon Movie. Besides, Nokia looked badass with Omnimon behind her.

KimChi

in the mean time, I picked up the broadway food tour case, and I don't get where i'm supposed to go...

Yes, though I don't think all of them are like that, I haven't bothered checking the others since they mostly have rookies. The restaurants your looking for should be at the front of the mall where you talked to the lady to get the request to pop up and and the second floor I think.

There are three restaurants in Nakano, you only need to visit them. Thats all. Afair two of them are on 1c and the last one on 3c or 4c.

pixxxelz

Eden entrance, but at chapter 13 afair.
Ah damn it, I guess my taomon its gonna have to wait then, thanks.

Two of them are by the entrance (where you met that lady) across from each other, and the other one is on the 2nd? floor I think, just get close to the wall until the x button appears.

Stuart444

Been wondering when I can access the DLC quest. I downloaded it but it doesn't show up in the board. i know i'm too early for it at the moment, but just curious.

2 of them open up as you go through the story. The 3rd, I asked about and someone said you talk to someone in Kowloon level 1 or something? I just beat the main game today and stopped for now, might try it tomorrow and see about it.

But the first 2 should appear on the board eventually. As Purple pins.

Having some trouble with the Master Cup. Has anyone beat it? Would appreciate any suggestions. I'm thinking of De-Digivolving omnimon back into WarGreymon. That piercing attack is just to good. Also, Imperialdramon FM is now PM

9UWAflv.jpg

Yes, though I don't think all of them are like that, I haven't bothered checking the others since they mostly have rookies. The restaurants your looking for should be at the front of the mall where you talked to the lady to get the request to pop up and and the second floor I think.
i'm on chapter 8 now, so i'm guessing that mirror dungeon will be unlocked soon
There are three restaurants in Nakano, you only need to visit them. Thats all. Afair two of them are on 1c and the last one on 3c or 4c.
I had to look on youtube but I finished it thans
Ah damn it, I guess my taomon its gonna have to wait then, thanks.

Two of them are by the entrance (where you met that lady) across from each other, and the other one is on the 2nd? floor I think, just get close to the wall until the x button appears.
thank you. it would've been better if the in-game maps pointed them out and also told you where you were.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Finally just reached Chapter 4!

Okay, somewhere in Chapter 4 there is apparently an ideal place to PlatSuka grind. I think it was a case given by a Hagurumon, right? Will I get additional farm expansion slots by then?

2 of them open up as you go through the story. The 3rd, I asked about and someone said you talk to someone in Kowloon level 1 or something? I just beat the main game today and stopped for now, might try it tomorrow and see about it.

But the first 2 should appear on the board eventually. As Purple pins.

Ah, cool.

Thank you!

I just made it to chapter 8...I got nokia to follow me around, I took her to shinjuku to meet up with arata but he wasn't there. I also traveled all throughout kowloon level 4. where the hell am I supposed to go? ugh

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I got Hagurumon's case in Chapter 4. Are you guys using your PlatinumSukamon here? I still have yet to get my USBs, even 2 Know Hows doesn't seem to get them after countless resets and I heard 4-5 are required without insane luck. I heard this was the last good place to grind for a while, according to Stuart if I'm not mistaken?

I got Hagurumon's case in Chapter 4. Are you guys using your PlatinumSukamon here? I still have yet to get my USBs, even 2 Know Hows doesn't seem to get them after countless resets and I heard 4-5 are required without insane luck. I heard this was the last good place to grind for a while, according to Stuart if I'm not mistaken?
lol 4-5 seems insane
my last 2 tacticians took like 25-30 resets and almost all day to boot with 2 knowhows
but i have 6 of em for my patience, first 4 were easy
id watch something if i were you
its gonna be a potentially long day

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
lol 4-5 seems insane
my last 2 tacticians took like 25-30 resets and almost all day to boot with 2 knowhows
but i have 6 of em for my patience, first 4 were easy
id watch something if i were you
its gonna be a potentially long day

Yeeeeeeeep

I'll continue trying then. Gonna go grab some taco bell or something and fire up some Netflix when I get back, and hopefully we'll see some USBs.

I only really used the farm to get the initial 2 Tactician USBs. Then did the DLC quest featuring the Numemons and battered them (got 2 extra) did the legendary cup twice, and found Uchida.

Lexxism

I want to lower my brainy Lucemon bonus stat on his INT. What I need to do is to use the INT constraint item and change his personality to fighter? In that case I can get the +100 bonus stat on ATK?

Stuart444

I want to lower my brainy Lucemon bonus stat on his INT. What I need to do is to use the INT constraint item and change his personality to fighter? In that case I can get the +100 bonus stat on ATK?

Yes, use as many of the INT items as needed to put the stat down, change his personality to fighter and make him leader in the DigiFarm and do the training.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Yeeaah! Just got back from lunch and started up the old reset grind again and I got 2 Tactician USBs on my first try! Hopefully this keeps up.

kierwynn

Just hit chp 15- it looks like a long one, but gonna try and knock it out tonight. Trying to get as much done before Fire Emblem as I can.

I finally got some good luck on Tactician USBs! I've gotten like 0 before now, but just got 4 after only a couple of resets and then my other island that was developing (which I forgot about oop) got 2 for me as well! Was pretty crazy seeing the amount of exp I got with 3 digimon and 6 usbs.

Stuart444

Wait I have to make them the leader to get the bonus?

You have to make any Digimon with the right personality leader to give everyone their bonus stats. It's just easier to make the Digimon you're training leader imo. That way, it's clear that the stats you want are being earned by the Digimon you want.

Not needed but helpful imo

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Also I can confirm that I saved my game and the development completes in exactly 4 seconds after the game loads up, and the items change each time still. That should dispell any worries that you need to have 1-2 minute leeway.

TheFlow

Banned
You have to make any Digimon with the right personality leader to give everyone their bonus stats. It's just easier to make the Digimon you're training leader imo. That way, it's clear that the stats you want are being earned by the Digimon you want.

Not needed but helpful imo
Nice and doesn't brainy raise int?

Croc

Banned
Am I the only one who really loves the boss theme? "Confront the enemy"

I wish they released the ost on iTunes or something.

I think my favorite song is the one that plays in the final area.

this one.

Though the entire OST is seriously awesome. Out of the many many things I was looking forward to this game for the OST was not one of them so it was an awesome surprise.

I think my favorite song is the one that plays in the final area.

this one.

Though the entire OST is seriously awesome. Out of the many many things I was looking forward to this game for the OST was not one of them so it was an awesome surprise.
Did you say final area? I ain't clicking that lol

But yes, I really dig the entire ost. There's maybe just a few sound effects that annoy me but overall the sound of this game is goddamn top notch.

A little off topic, but this is something I mentioned before: does anyone besides me think a digimon deserves to be in a psasbr reboot? A lot of the games are PlayStation exclusive and lately they haven't been releasing on Nintendo platforms...I'm guessing that means they don't sell very well there?

I think the best candidate would be Metalgreymon. He was on the cover of digimon world 1 and he was an important digimon in dmw2, both of which were original PlayStation games

Croc

Banned
just finished the game.

damn, that felt exactly like a Digimon ending should. Sooo good.

Honestly after playing this I really wanna see an anime of it with these characters.

True Fire

You guys weren't kidding about Chapter 10. I finally hit it after
35 hours
an embarrassingly long time and my mind is blown. This game went from Scooby Doo to Digimon Savers' ending real quick.

Wazzy

Banned
There's one song in the game that I absolutely love yet I can't find it in any of the uploaded OST's on YouTube. The side quest I remember it playing on was the mom
concerned about her son talking to someone which ends up being a digimon
. It's really beautiful, especially when the drums kick in.

35 hours
an embarrassingly long time and my mind is blown. This game went from Scooby Doo to Digimon Savers' ending real quick.
10th chapter is the final act?

If it's not, don't tell me what is please

i won't tell you what IS the last chapter, but it is a LONG way off from chapter 10. a long, long way.
wow, that is fascinating. So would you then say that chapter 10 is still part of the first act?

30fps + slower loading times + friend battles vs 60fps + faster loading times
interesting, the faster loading time makes a world of difference. I'd be really annoyed if I had to wait through the loading screens for this game and I like how they're practically isn't any in the Ps4 version

Pau

35 hours
We're playing at about the same pace!

I take about an hour at the end of every day to just grind to fill up my DigiDex. It's so relaxing. I'm kind of sad that there's only about 200. I find it more fun than doing the same in Pokemon. But maybe it is because it appears so much more manageable.

30fps + slower loading times + friend battles vs 60fps + faster loading times
Good to know! I consider portability as a very important plus, too.

interesting, the faster loading time makes a world of difference. I'd be really annoyed if I had to wait through the loading screens for this game and I like how they're practically isn't any in the Ps4 version
Interesting... I certainly don't mind 30 FPS when talking about an RPG, but loading times ARE important.

Some guy is offering me my choice of the PS4 or Vita version for 600 MXN ($31 each), which is why I ask. I was thinking of going with the Vita version for portability reasons, but now I'm swaying more towards the PS4 one.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
FINALLY! Got my 6 Tactician USBs! Got real lucky the last hour.

I'll be sure to just play normally and see if maybe by the time I actually get my PlatinumNumemons, that my farm will naturally produce another pair of them at once, and then find that freebie one.

I've never been so excited to grind before.

Top Bottom