• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

blitzkrieg184

Neo Member
Hmm... main character, Nokia, or Kyoko? Waifu wars commence!! Seriously though this game looks great! Picked it up today! Been needing a persona-ee game to play to hold me off until 5! And what better way then to relive my childhood!

Victory Greymon ls like the X-Antibody redesigns to me. It's just a bit too much. All those sharp edges are a bit try-hard.

My favorite right now might be ShineGreymon.

I like the heavy use of red. Late Greymon evos focus too much on the gold IMO for the most part. Also like the more dragon style. Only thing I don't like is the weird steering wheel on his tail. RizeGreymon is cool as well. That railgun is awesome.
the bandai versions make a bigdifference imo
199px-ShineGreymon_vs_Craniummon_crusader.png

btw, it kinda reminds me of some other digimon, I thought it was wargrowlmon but maybe it's gallantmon

Any suggestions for 11th Digimon?

Team I am planning to get:
Machinedramon
Wargreymon
Imperialdramon
Grankuwagamon
Metalseadramon
Blackwargreymon
Platinumnumemon
Diaboromon
Marineangemon
Ebemon

I just need one more for 11

I am so leaning towards getting this, though my exposure to Digimon is minimal. Just keep hearing good things across friends, GAF, and podcasts. Hmmmm....

I love how this thread is so active. If this game ends up charting even in the top 10 this month, I wonder if gaf is a way to gauge how popular games are largely

yami4ct

Any suggestions for 11th Digimon?

Team I am planning to get:
Machinedramon
Wargreymon
Imperialdramon
Grankuwagamon
Metalseadramon
Blackwargreymon
Platinumnumemon
Diaboromon
Marineangemon
Ebemon

I just need one more for 11

Lilithmon is insanely powerful. I vote for her.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care too much for Wargreymon, but the only reason he's a mainstay on my team is the DEF pierce attack. That sadly seems like an essential element and really narrows down viable Digimon.

I don't know why Wargreymon doesn't have a tail, or UlforceVeedramon for that matter. Hence my fondness for Imperialdramon.

RexNovis

Banned
lol, once I had a good team the Legendary cup went incredibly smoothly. Even the last battle.

Any tips for the Master cup before I take that on? Specific Digimon or strategy tips, things to watch out for etc would be appreciated.

What team did you use?

silva1991

WarGreymon and Omegamon are perhaps the most overrated Digimon in existence. They were cool at first, but too overexposed at this point.

You mean in the game or just in the community? because in this game Wargreymon-sama is far from overrated and easily one of the best attackers in this game.

yami4ct

You mean in the game or just in the community? because in this game Wargreymon-sama is far from overrated and easily one of the best attackers in this game.

In the community. Omegamon is pretty much the mascot for digimon. He's literally everywhere and at this point I'm tired of the design. I also think he's been kind of lame everywhere outside of Our War Game. WarGreymon is similarly big, but mostly off of riding Omegamon's popularity.

WarGreymon is a badass in game, even if I don't like him that much.

maouvin

That last great challenge, lol. Dotted Jesmon tanked the last hits like a champ.

And thanks to whoever told how to get the last DLC mission some pages back, found the two digimon on Kowloon 1 to trigger it. But guess they only show up after you beat the game (or reach the final chapters), aye?

I've been waiting for pay day to roll around, and finally picked this up last night.

dropped 5 hours into it on my vita straight off the bat, looking forward to carrying on at lunch time today!

Chaeotic

Neo Member
Warning, spoiler tags are for end game discussion...

Finally clocked this bad boy on it's head about five minutes ago, and just had to rush here to blab my heart away! I absolutely adored every second I had with this game. To be honest, even after the 55 hours it took to clock it I wouldnt've minded if there was another 55.

The aesthetic was just stunning. Vibrant colour popping up everywhere, with some superb locations
Digital World, final corridor to King Drasil
popping up, it was a very colourful game. The auto battle, especially for grinding, was a life saver. It made the chore some Digimon where to get feel like nothing! One of the few games I reckon I've grinded near on 20 hours to get a monster I like, or wanted, and not felt it drag one bit.

The story started strong, though it seems against popular consensus I felt it dragged
from when the Royal Knights turned up. Does everything lately have to lean back on the 13, as cool as they are? The story before, with it's heavy digital world themes and dangers was fantastic. One quest in particular, the Lilymon sidequest with the end revelation had me gobsmacked. Rough translation aside, some of the sidequests were wonderful!

All in all, more than ecstatic with my purchase on this one. Loved every second, can't wait for Bandai to bring Next Order west, along with hopefully, a fully developed for PS4 Cyber Sleuth sequel!

Kouriozan

VictoryGreymon is definitely pretty awesome. It's a shame he wasn't in this game, especially after having been included in Re:Digitize.

Maybe next time.

Ah man, I remember signing that petition when it only mentionned Re:Digitize Decode and not Cyber Sleuth, weird they didn't localize the 3DS game whereas DS got tons of Digimon games.
Now that I finished this one, I know I would have preferred the World 1 remake too.

yami4ct

Warning, spoiler tags are for end game discussion...

Finally clocked this bad boy on it's head about five minutes ago, and just had to rush here to blab my heart away! I absolutely adored every second I had with this game. To be honest, even after the 55 hours it took to clock it I wouldnt've minded if there was another 55.

The aesthetic was just stunning. Vibrant colour popping up everywhere, with some superb locations
Digital World, final corridor to King Drasil
popping up, it was a very colourful game. The auto battle, especially for grinding, was a life saver. It made the chore some Digimon where to get feel like nothing! One of the few games I reckon I've grinded near on 20 hours to get a monster I like, or wanted, and not felt it drag one bit.

The story started strong, though it seems against popular consensus I felt it dragged
from when the Royal Knights turned up. Does everything lately have to lean back on the 13, as cool as they are? The story before, with it's heavy digital world themes and dangers was fantastic. One quest in particular, the Lilymon sidequest with the end revelation had me gobsmacked. Rough translation aside, some of the sidequests were wonderful!

All in all, more than ecstatic with my purchase on this one. Loved every second, can't wait for Bandai to bring Next Order west, along with hopefully, a fully developed for PS4 Cyber Sleuth sequel!

I like my monster collecting games on portable. If there is a sequel to Cyber Sleuth and it isn't on 3DS/Vita/the portable version of NX, I probably won't buy it.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
I like my monster collecting games on portable. If there is a sequel to Cyber Sleuth and it isn't on 3DS/Vita/the portable version of NX, I probably won't buy it.

Which is a very great response - can definitely see the appeal of having this on go. Should there be any reason not to do both though, as Square are doing with DQXI for instance? Both the PS4 and NX are getting it, could a similar method be applied here? The game's relative success both in Japan and West show there is a huge interest for slightly more mature games set in the Digital World. I must saw how surprised I was at some themes and running commentary in some quests in the game. A good surprise, how deep the game can be. I digress though

yami4ct

Which is a very great response - can definitely see the appeal of having this on go. Should there be any reason not to do both though, as Square are doing with DQXI for instance? Both the PS4 and NX are getting it, could a similar method be applied here? The game's relative success both in Japan and West show there is a huge interest for slightly more mature games set in the Digital World. I must saw how surprised I was at some themes and running commentary in some quests in the game. A good surprise, how deep the game can be. I digress though

Dragon Quest can do it because it's Dragon Quest. Digimon Cyber Sleuth's combined sales are a drop in the bucket. It's doing well, but it's only doing well relatively. The idea of developing 2 completely different versions of the same Digimon game would likely be financial suicide by BamCo.

Is it just best to wait until max level for that digimon, to decide what you want to digivolve it into?
Not really, if anything it is best to go back and forth to raise ABI. It is best to wait until 200% scanned to digiconvert though since 5 ABI bonus.

Hey, how do I get a Minervamon? She's awesome looking.
The Orge Digimon can evolve into her. Go for the Egg Digimon after Ogremon.
Edit: Looking it up, you need either Crowmon, Monzaemon (Bear), or Digitamamon (Egg).

Hey! What do you think about my statement above? Should I make the jump? Been pining for a proper RPG.
giphy.gif

i'm biased because I'm a digimon fan too and that's what mostly got me interested in this game - however, I like a game with a good story, that's heavily story driven, and that's also what this game is.

not only that, but as a jrpg, persona 5 is one of my top 3 most anticipated games of this year, it'll be the first persona game I ever play and apparently this game is very similar to that. so playing this also helps to give me a good setup on how to work turn based rpgs.
No chance of that, unfortunately.
well who knows, you know. did many people expect until dawn to chart either? ;)

sensui-tomo

Hearing this
with Norio Wakamoto voicing as Leopardmon was the most badass thing in the game.

This was the high point for me and why i was thankful the game was subbed (although i would have enjoyed the option of choosing dub/sub ... Best voice though) Here's hoping Next order is dubbed and that we get mona marshall to voice the MC from digimon world 1 (she can still pull the izzy voice from Digimon and still does voice work)

Fot it to chart it'd have to sell double what sold in Japan just in North America. If it sold as much as it did in Japan in Europe+America it's already a big success.
all we know for right now is that it was the 7th best selling game in the week of its release in the UK.

notaskwid

all we know for right now is that it was the 7th best selling game in the week of its release in the UK.
Yes, and 7th best in the UK chart ahould not be more than 10k (I think that is generous) for the PS4 physical edition.
Edit: It also debuted n2 in France and Germany I think, behind Naruto.

Audioboxer

Picked this up off PSN. Had credit as a gift and after seeing what physical prices are in the UK right now £39.99 wasn't too bad.

Whizkid7

WOW Chapter 11 cranked the difficulty of the bosses up on me something fierce.

How the hell are you supposed to be prepared for a boss that can boost its own speed to the point where it gets four turns in a row allowing it to boost speed, then INT, then double whammy you with two 600+ damage AOEs, the second of which seems to have a guaranteed sleep effect if you manage to survive?!

Good lord was that unfair. Took three tries to outpace the bastard's damage. Love where the story's going now, though!

Top Bottom