• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Good to know! I consider portability as a very important plus, too.

Interesting... I certainly don't mind 30 FPS when talking about an RPG, but loading times ARE important.

Some guy is offering me my choice of the PS4 or Vita version for 600 MXN ($31 each), which is why I ask. I was thinking of going with the Vita version for portability reasons, but now I'm swaying more towards the PS4 one.
you got a ps vita too?

Yeah if it comes down to one of them, definitely go with Ps4. You can (almost) always remote play it on your vita and voila, portability factor is there

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
XWOuu8G.gif

3 Fights with 3 PlatSukas, 2 Tactican USBs each, and my entire team went to max level.

Ultimadrago

Belphemon: Sleep Mode literally carried me through Platinum Cup. Don't sleep on the Sleep Mode!

The last team isn't susceptible to Sleep, but Lilithmon was able to take care of them.

Good to know! I consider portability as a very important plus, too.

Interesting... I certainly don't mind 30 FPS when talking about an RPG, but loading times ARE important.

Some guy is offering me my choice of the PS4 or Vita version for 600 MXN ($31 each), which is why I ask. I was thinking of going with the Vita version for portability reasons, but now I'm swaying more towards the PS4 one.

Loading times aren't that much different imo. I still prefer the PS4 version though due to AA etc, but I haven't left home without my vita since the game came out .

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
On Chapter 4 and in Harugumon's dungeon. It takes literally no time at all to get them all to everyone's max level (Mid 40s for most all my Digimon). So with my team all Champs at their maxed out levels, I wonder if I should quit now, or if its worth my time to Digivolve-De-Digivolve them and raise their ABI while I'm ahead, thus I won't have any complications when its time to go Mega.

And even if I'm at the stage where I could hold only 3 Ultimates or 2 Megas, I could still have a full set of super high level Champions if I wanted to. This stuff is addicting and all those resets are really paying off.

What would be the best course of action at this point? I realize this will make much of the game easy, but I get a kick out of seeing how terribly I can wreck the bosses.

On Chapter 4 and in Harugumon's dungeon. It takes literally no time at all to get them all to everyone's max level (Mid 40s for most all my Digimon). So with my team all Champs at their maxed out levels, I wonder if I should quit now, or if its worth my time to Digivolve-De-Digivolve them and raise their ABI while I'm ahead, thus I won't have any complications when its time to go Mega.

And even if I'm at the stage where I could hold only 3 Ultimates or 2 Megas, I could still have a full set of super high level Champions if I wanted to. This stuff is addicting and all those resets are really paying off.

What would be the best course of action at this point? I realize this will make much of the game easy, but I get a kick out of seeing how terribly I can wreck the bosses.

You're only supposed to have Low level champions at this point, so choose some and use them, if you want to pummel anything challenging I guess you could carry a overlevelled champion or ultimate with you as insurance.
Apparently you have to load up a last save if you wipe out,but carry enough healing items and you should be fine.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Really enjoying this game, just hit chapter 11.

Very addictive, much more engaging battle and collection system than Pokemon, for me. The ABI system can be a pain at times, but I can see why it exists.
What's the breakdown (rough %) of time spent chatting to people in towns or such (story stuff) compare to battle stuff (which includes training, managing your party)?

That'll likely be the deciding factor for me on whether or not to pick this up. I'm far more interested in the latter.

ramyeon

So I keep hearing about this USB Plat Sukamon grinding technique - how do I go about this? I'm about 7 hours in - on Chapter 3 or 4 I believe. Haven't really been playing around with the Farm beyond expanding it once.

cheesekao

So how is the late game content like? I heard there are great challenges and whatnot and I'd like to know if you have to go full korean grinding to get the best inheritable skills and stats to beat them.

Croc

Banned
Good lord these medals will be the death of me. Already completed 2 gacha machines tonight and trying to finish a third.

Just playing through the game normally and finishing off those two machines I've got 280 medals...

Wazzy

Banned
So I keep hearing about this USB Plat Sukamon grinding technique - how do I go about this? I'm about 7 hours in - on Chapter 3 or 4 I believe. Haven't really been playing around with the Farm beyond expanding it once.

Basically you create three PlatSukamon so that their exp boost skills stack and increase the amount received in battle by quite a huge amount. Then what you do is go to your farm and put a builder leader and 10 builder type digimon to decrease wait time. You'll need a Developer Know How(you can put more depending on the current size of your farm and the more the better) and then select the 1000 yen option for develop. Around the 1 minute mark save your game and then continue to soft reset if the USB drop. It's best to try for 10 USB's for later on leveling trick but really 6 is good enough.

Developer Know How's are bought in the digilab shop.

Pretty sure the second gen Vita has far better battery life. Mine's amazing on this front.
Oooh, that's graat to hear.
But, I mean, are the buttons different? For some reason, I thought I heard the shape of the Start/Select buttons are different on the 2nd gen. I'm just curious because I might buy one used and I want to make sure it's the 2nd gen.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Oooh, that's graat to hear.
But, I mean, are the buttons different? For some reason, I thought I heard the shape of the Start/Select buttons are different on the 2nd gen. I'm just curious because I might buy one used and I want to make sure it's the 2nd gen.

The PSVita 2000 is the second gen one. Ask for the 2000 and they'll point you in the right direction. I'm sure there's a comparison somewhere on google images.

vita-slim-11.jpg

Top is old, bottom is new. I have the bottom one (otherwise known as the slim).

RockmanBN

Hey I'm about to start the game in a bit. I've been in love with Digimon World 2 as I love dungeon crawlers. The battle system looks really similar so I feel like this is a good fit. Is Agumon a Vaccine type like in World 2?

Hey I'm about to start the game in a bit. I've been in love with Digimon World 2 as I love dungeon crawlers. The battle system looks really similar so I feel like this is a good fit. Is Agumon a Vaccine type like in World 2?
Fire Vaccine according to my Field Guide.
236/240 I am so close!

yami4ct

Trying to get all Digimon with only Lucemon evos left. Any tips would be nice!

If you know how to get bonus stats, he's not too hard. Got mine last night and it only took like 2 hours of work including waiting for the 30 minute training session to finish. The hardest part is getting 80 ABI on Tokomon, but that's more of a time thing. If you already have your Platinum Numamons and Tactician USBs, should be good.

His first and second evos are pretty bonus stat tight. I had to raise INT to go from Toko to Lucemon, then use INT Restraining chips to free those points back up so I could put it into ATK for Lucemon to CM. SM I got just from straight leveling to 99.

So question - I tried using the training function in the Digi-Farm to boost my Digimon's stats. I needed about 55 SPD to level it up. I ended up with this (SPD - 52 (+3)) I assumed that the +3 in parenthesis was included making me have enough SPD but no such luck since I couldn't do it. Anything I'm doing wrong? I already digivolved my dude so the point's moot, but still...

TheFlow

Banned
So question - I tried using the training function in the Digi-Farm to boost my Digimon's stats. I needed about 55 SPD to level it up. I ended up with this (SPD - 52 (+3)) I assumed that the +3 in parenthesis was included making me have enough SPD but no such luck since I couldn't do it. Anything I'm doing wrong? I already digivolved my dude so the point's moot, but still...
The +3 is included in the 52. The number on the para thesis just tells you exactly how many bonus points is included

23 hours playing (chapter 7) and finally got my 3 PlatinumNumemon + 9 Tactician USBs! I was afraid I wasn't going to like the game much because I'm not a fan of turn based combat but I have been addicted to digivolving and the combat is kinda fun. I hope there is a Cyber Sleuth 2 with the same artist and music composer but for now let's hope we don't have to wait too long for Next Order.

Gaiomon, coolest looking Greymon?
The answer is yes :)
Gaioumon.jpg

The PSVita 2000 is the second gen one. Ask for the 2000 and they'll point you in the right direction. I'm sure there's a comparison somewhere on google images.

vita-slim-11.jpg

Top is old, bottom is new. I have the bottom one (otherwise known as the slim).
Thanks for the info. :)

Crap, chapter 11 boss is kicking my ass.
The damn Eater that is getting kinky with Yuuko. Its Mastermind Port move keeps putting my Digimon to sleep.
For being a level 80something BlackWargreymon, its DEF-piercing move isn't doing much damage. :(

Got one left of my Field Guide then I am done until the DLC to get #195 comes out.
Lucemon took a bit but luckily she has 100 points you can get.

True Fire

This difficulty spike after Chapter 11 is appalling. It's not even real difficulty, it's just added frustration.
BanchoLeomon
in particular OHKOs my party in succession before I can even heal.

so started up remote play, just gotta say again it's so awesome to be able to play this game on my vita, sooo far away from home =]
I'll admit I smoked a little bit before playing and that just made it a little more mind blowing and awesome
; but enough of that, I made a thread for it already - so here's my current lineup. I got my 3 platinumsukamon in a digibank. the lilymon is the palmon I started the game with, so I feel like I got a special bond with it and I'm gonna keep her around for the whole game, all the way into the end.

first of all, is that the best resolution the screenshots are supposed to be? or is there a better way to get them?

second of all,
this was from the wormhole I went into in Shinjuku when I went to go meet up with Arata.

Right now I'm in that purple digi-portal (?) that opened up, apparently I'm after a Bakemon?

So is this the place where Stuart was saying to just keep grinding in, before getting to the boss? Or was that the
wormhole
? In which case I should beat the boss and then just go ahead and start grinding there? either way, that is where i'll leave off till later

edit: after some good meat my Gatomon finally gained an ABI, whatever that is, and became Angewomon! I think I'm gonna try to collect all the megas of the DigiDestined digimon

edit: after using one of his attacks, weregarurumon got that little symbol on his name...did I cause an error on myself?

Rizzi

so started up remote play, just gotta say again it's so awesome to be able to play this game on my vita, sooo far away from home =]
I'll admit I smoked a little bit before playing and that just made it a little more mind blowing and awesome
; but enough of that, I made a thread for it already - so here's my current lineup. I got my 3 platinumsukamon in a digibank. the lilymon is the palmon I started the game with, so I feel like I got a special bond with it and I'm gonna keep her around for the whole game, all the way into the end.

first of all, is that the best resolution the screenshots are supposed to be? or is there a better way to get them?

second of all,
this was from the wormhole I went into in Shinjuku when I went to go meet up with Arata.

Right now I'm in that purple digi-portal (?) that opened up, apparently I'm after a Bakemon?

So is this the place where Stuart was saying to just keep grinding in, before getting to the boss? Or was that the
wormhole
? In which case I should beat the boss and then just go ahead and start grinding there? either way, that is where i'll leave off till later

edit: after some good meat my Gatomon finally gained an ABI, whatever that is, and became Angewomon! I think I'm gonna try to collect all the megas of the DigiDestined digimon

edit: after using one of his attacks, weregarurumon got that little symbol on his name...did I cause an error on myself?

Pretty sure that icon is showing that he has +10% speed.

yami4ct

Part way through Chapter 20.

Not gonna lie, as much as I dislike the story in this game
punching Arata in the face
was satisfying as hell.
What a dumbass shithead.

So ready for getting a set of Royal Knights now. it's pretty much the only thing that's kept me going. Let's do it game!

yami4ct

Victory Greymon ls like the X-Antibody redesigns to me. It's just a bit too much. All those sharp edges are a bit try-hard.

My favorite right now might be ShineGreymon.

I like the heavy use of red. Late Greymon evos focus too much on the gold IMO for the most part. Also like the more dragon style. Only thing I don't like is the weird steering wheel on his tail. RizeGreymon is cool as well. That railgun is awesome.

Top Bottom