• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

WOW Chapter 11 cranked the difficulty of the bosses up on me something fierce.

How the hell are you supposed to be prepared for a boss that can boost its own speed to the point where it gets four turns in a row allowing it to boost speed, then INT, then double whammy you with two 600+ damage AOEs, the second of which seems to have a guaranteed sleep effect if you manage to survive?!

Good lord was that unfair. Took three tries to outpace the bastard's damage. Love where the story's going now, though!

Yeah the story gets really good at this point.

The bosses also get more difficult. Wait till you see the bosses down the line. Way mroe annoying then that boss lol

Exitar

Neo Member
12711067_10153414742838310_2850883573588552939_o.jpg

3 of these babies and 9 Tactician Usb's i'm swimming in EXP.

MongKey

How the hell are you supposed to be prepared for a boss that can boost its own speed to the point where it gets four turns in a row allowing it to boost speed, then INT, then double whammy you with two 600+ damage AOEs, the second of which seems to have a guaranteed sleep effect if you manage to survive?!

Good lord was that unfair. Took three tries to outpace the bastard's damage. Love where the story's going now, though!
I thanked my luck that all three of my main Digimons are super fast and has access to party wide speed buffs to counter the boss' speed. Equipped sleep resist equips for the rematch since I got destroyed the first time due to sleep.

You have your digimon build them on the farm islands. You want as many digimon with the builder personality working as possible and the Tactician USB is at the 1000 yen level.
word. but making my digimon build, that's gonna cost me something right? not yen, but my digimon's CAM or something like that?

Whizkid7

I thanked my luck that all three of my main Digimons are super fast and has access to party wide speed buffs to counter the boss' speed. Equipped sleep resist equips for the rematch since I got destroyed the first time due to sleep.

Pretty much exactly what I did. Also played more offensively than I usually do on my successful takedown.

Yeah the story gets really good at this point.

The bosses also get more difficult. Wait till you see the bosses down the line. Way mroe annoying then that boss lol

...Oh boy. Better get some PlatNumemons to grind up some Megas ASAP.

NEO0MJ

word. but making my digimon build, that's gonna cost me something right? not yen, but my digimon's CAM or something like that?

Nah, that's only if you do intense training. Developing just costs you money. Make sure to stack as many developer know how as possible on your farm as well.

Stuart444

I feel I'll never get 3 of those..

level 65 after etemon??? that's kinda insane

Not really, just make sure you have 2 PlatinumSukamon and it's a simple case to grind one of them at a time until all 3 are PlatNumemon.

Hell, by end game, you'll be leveling to 99 in 5 battles or something. Which end in under a minute :)

Pirabear

Banned
Thoroughly confused by stat building from the DigiFarm mechanic:

1. Stat increases depend entirely on the leader, right? (IE: If leader is Brainy and another Digimon is Durable, then the training session will only increase the INT stat of the Durable Digimon?)

2. Lets say I have 100 ABI on a Digimon I want to stat boost. Will one training session use all the ABI/stat points, or would I need to train multiple times?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm at Chapter 11 and I already have 3 out of the 5 Developer Know-How I need + I have 10 Builder Digimon on stand-by.

I have 1 PlatSukamon and 2 Etemon.

I should be good to go soon enough.

1. Stat increases depend entirely on the leader, right? (IE: If leader is Brainy and another Digimon is Durable, then the training session will only increase the INT stat of the Durable Digimon?)

2. Lets say I have 100 ABI on a Digimon I want to stat boost. Will one training session use all the ABI/stat points, or would I need to train multiple times?

1) They would gain points in INT and HP due to their personality. Builders and Searchers only get the iNT. Something to keep in mind if you need to put points into two different categories.

2) Usually Multiple times unless you have stat boosting goods on the farm.

TheFlow

Banned
EXP is so easy to get that I switched my tatician for researcher and billion usb instead.

late game is all about using the digifarm to farm stats.

stat boosting farming goods are a GOD send. I I can raise a stat to 100 within 2 hours. Especially with increased exp gain for the digimon attribute.

Stuart444

1. If the leader is one personality but another digimon is another personality, the non-leaders get both the stats from the leaders personality and their own personality. The leaders only get stats gained from their own personality.

2. You may need to train multiple times. I usually use the highest training that puts down CAM a lot since I just buy more meat to up CAM if I need to lol.

TheFlow

Banned
You guys don't know pain till you fought the celestial 3 in the legendary cup. Hardest fight in the game so far. and I was on chapter 17

Pirabear

Banned
1) They would gain points in INT and HP due to their personality. Builders and Searchers only get the iNT. Something to keep in mind if you need to put points into two different categories.

2) Usually Multiple times unless you have stat boosting goods on the farm.

Thanks! I'm assuming the INT/HP gain is an even split until you give them a different personality?

Stuart444

Thanks! I'm assuming the INT/HP gain is an even split until you give them a different personality?

I think it's an even split, last time I did it before I realized I forgot to change the personality of one, they got 18 ATK and 18 INT (but I didn't let it finish so not sure how it would be when the training is done...)

Something like that yeah. It's a major pain if you do it in the wrong order though since the gains for your personality can hinder stat growth *coughLucemoncough* but yeah. Give em a new personality and they will no longer grow in that area

MongKey

I think it's an even split, last time I did it before I realized I forgot to change the personality of one, they got 18 ATK and 18 INT (but I didn't let it finish so not sure how it would be when the training is done...)
Mine was pretty random. I had a Garurumon with a defender personality training under a durable leader. I just had him train there nonstop since I don't really care about bonus stats then. At the end he had +40 on DEF and +120 (+12) on HP. Another digimon which is brainy gain more HP than INT and its pretty inconsistent throughout. All of the training is done on the 2 hours option though I don't know if that makes a different.

Pirabear

Banned
Something like that yeah. It's a major pain if you do it in the wrong order though since the gains for your personality can hinder stat growth *coughLucemoncough* but yeah. Give em a new personality and they will no longer grow in that area

Alright thanks again. Just got Lilithmon, wanted to make a ~80/20 INT/HP stat split. Currently have +200 HP and +20 INT so I guess I'm done boosting HP.

evilalien

Mine was pretty random. I had a Garurumon with a defender personality training under a durable leader. I just had him train there nonstop since I don't really care about bonus stats then. At the end he had +40 on DEF and +120 (+12) on HP. Another digimon which is brainy gain more HP than INT and its pretty inconsistent throughout. All of the training is done on the 2 hours option though I don't know if that makes a different.

It's always been an even split for me but I only use the 30 minute version. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more random with the 2 hour training.

Stuart444

Alright thanks again. Just got Lilithmon, wanted to make a ~80/20 INT/HP stat split. Currently have +200 HP and +20 INT so I guess I'm done boosting HP.

Fair enough, I'd suggest using the highest int attach item for her then since you're doing a stat split. :D

Zubz

Banned
So is this game doing well? Budget and time wise, I don't really have room for Cyber Sleuth and Street Fighter V this month, but I really want this game to do well! It looks fantastic, and is definitely the next game on my list! But I kind of want Next Order more, seeing how I rented the heck out of Digimon World way back when, and I know that this game needs to sell crazy well for us to have a chance of getting it.

And speaking of that time management part, I know it's kind of the cheap way, but... How easy is it to get Platinum Sukamon right out of the gate? Like, roughly how many hours in do I need to be to get one? Thanks!

So is this game doing well? Budget and time wise, I don't really have room for Cyber Sleuth and Street Fighter V this month, but I really want this game to do well! It looks fantastic, and is definitely the next game on my list! But I kind of want Next Order more, seeing how I rented the heck out of Digimon World way back when, and I know that this game needs to sell crazy well for us to have a chance of getting it.

And speaking of that time management part, I know it's kind of the cheap way, but... How easy is it to get Platinum Sukamon right out of the gate? Like, roughly how many hours in do I need to be to get one? Thanks!
If you pick Hagurumon as your starter... Maybe two hours? Haha

That's where I'm stuck. :(

RexNovis

Banned
focus kerpymon first and get you a strong data attacker like mirage.

I've got a lvl 99 miragegaomon and a Plesiomon but I'm never able to about damage the healing they do on their next turn. So far I've not been able to kill a single one of them in 22 attempts.

Croc

Banned
What team did you use?
I used my typical lineup of Lilithmon and Beelzemon BM for the hard hitting Virus types.

I stacked up with a ton of Data types too for that last round. Plesiomon was the most beneficial after I added a bunch of (I think) INT raising equips. I think I also used Examon, Rosemon, Boltmon, and a couple of others who never ended up being used. Plesiomon was easily the most helpful with Examon doing a good amount too. I think there was another one that was helpful but I can't immediately remember -_-;

I also has Omnimon Zwart and UlforceVeedramon for Vaccine types.

RexNovis

Banned
I used my typical lineup of Lilithmon and Beelzemon BM for the hard hitting Virus types.

I stacked up with a ton of Data types too for that last round. Plesiomon was the most beneficial after I added a bunch of (I think) INT raising equips. I think I also used Examon, Rosemon, Boltmon, and a couple of others who never ended up being used. Plesiomon was easily the most helpful with Examon doing a good amount too. I think there was another one that was helpful but I can't immediately remember -_-;

I also has Omnimon Zwart and UlforceVeedramon for Vaccine types.

Weird I've been using Plesiomon on the last battle and have never been able to make much of a dent damage wise. Maybe I should retrain its bonus stats into INT instead of speed and try again? But he's super slow without the bonus speed.

I don't have access to any of the Royal Knights yet. Still only on chapter 17.

TheFlow

Banned
I've got a lvl 99 miragegaomon and a Plesiomon but I'm never able to about damage the healing they do on their next turn. So far I've not been able to kill a single one of them in 22 attempts.
Damn really? My exact team was seraph,mirage, and kerpy. I just kept using items to keep my team alive

All level 99. Get you a good healer/support. Boost mirage speed

Croc

Banned
Weird I've been using Plesiomon on the last battle and have never been able to make much of a dent damage wise. Maybe I should retrain its bonus stats into INT instead of speed and try again? But he's super slow without the bonus speed.

I don't have access to any of the Royal Knights yet. Still only on chapter 17.
Is he level 99? You might be better off waiting until chapter 19 so you can get some royal knights too. I was also using 3 INT A chips which raised his INT by 75, a pretty significant amount.

demonkaze

So I still don't understand this training thingy properly. I have a Mameon capped at Lv 71 and I want to digivolve him into WarGreymon but I still need to get his ABI to 20 and his ATK up another 5 points. Whats the best way to do this? I'm on Chapter 8 if that helps at all?

On a side note, is the dungeon with Arata here considered the next grinding place?

Top Bottom