• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

TheFlow

Banned
So I still don't understand this training thingy properly. I have a Mameon capped at Lv 71 and I want to digivolve him into WarGreymon but I still need to get his ABI to 20 and his ATK up another 5 points. Whats the best way to do this? I'm on Chapter 8 if that helps at all?

On a side note, is the dungeon with Arata here considered the next grinding place?
De-digivolve and digivolve to raise abi but the higher the level of digimon the more api gained. Also you can raise the level cap to 99 and just do it the old school way or you can put him in the farm and change the leader to a attscker then hit train. Make sure the digimon you want to train up is level 1 to make the farming faster

NEO0MJ

Lilithmon is hawt. There, I said it!

image.php

L-lewd!

So I still don't understand this training thingy properly. I have a Mameon capped at Lv 71 and I want to digivolve him into WarGreymon but I still need to get his ABI to 20 and his ATK up another 5 points. Whats the best way to do this? I'm on Chapter 8 if that helps at all?

To boost ability you'll have to de-digivolve it and then ring its level back up again. To raise attack put it in the farm with a Digimon that has a fighter personality as leader and after leaving it there long enough it will gain bonus attack that you can notice on the side of the state. Bonus from equipment doesn't count.

The only thing that really bugs me about the anime is that they follow friggin Devimon with that... thing.

I'm guessing they wanted to switch things up a bit rather than following directly with a similar styled villain like we got with Myotismon. Speaking of Myotismon I used to love him as a kid but now I'm kinda eh on him. Still like his mega, though.

Croc

Banned
Speaking of Myotismon, it seems kinda weird that MaloMyotismon isn't in this, right? Or is that just me. Seems weird to have Myotismon and VenomMyotismon but not Malo.

Maybe there's just too many Virus types lol

black070

Possibly a dumb question - but do PlatinumNumemon need to be active in your battle party to provide their exp boost or can they be kept in reserve ?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Possibly a dumb question - but do PlatinumNumemon need to be active in your battle party to provide their exp boost or can they be kept in reserve ?

They have to be present for when an enemy Digimon dies to receive the boost, by present, I mean in the battle lineup. If you kill all but one enemy and then switch out your Sukas, you'll only get the bonus XP from that one enemy.

RexNovis

Banned
Damn really? My exact team was seraph,mirage, and kerpy. I just kept using items to keep my team alive

All level 99. Get you a good healer/support. Boost mirage speed

Is he level 99? You might be better off waiting until chapter 19 so you can get some royal knights too. I was also using 3 INT A chips which raised his INT by 75, a pretty significant amount.

Are you guys playing on Hard or normal? I'm on hard. I just tried again and my miragegaomon wasn't able to do more than 7% damage to any of them. Plesiomon does about 10% to all of them per attack. Neither is enough to out damage their heals.

I'm using MirageGaomon, Plesiomon and Sukayamon. Sukayamon is the only way I'm able to prevent my people from being killed in one turn since her ability eliminates all enemy buffs. But once I run out of items it's pretty much game over.

Speaking of Myotismon, it seems kinda weird that MaloMyotismon isn't in this, right? Or is that just me. Seems weird to have Myotismon and VenomMyotismon but not Malo.

Maybe there's just too many Virus types lol
No MaloMyotismon and Megidramon really puzzles me. They're pretty significant and their evolution line is there.

Mostly Megidramon is what I really don't get, since you can't get (Chaos)Gallantmon until the endgame, and it would give Guilmon fans something.

Playing normal. There are no trophies for playing on hard so why not do normal for your first playthrough.

I agree with this and plus the Sukemon/Numemon thing kinda cheapens the game so I won't use more than 1 at most. I mean if you can hit lvl 99 with 3 in 1 battle, kinda makes going through dungeons redundant. Then again I don't mind grinding a bit either lol.

At least for Normal mode. If it was Hard mode I would take advantage of platsukamon for sure.

TheFlow

Banned
I'm a stubborn ass but If I can't beat them after getting some Royal Knights I'll likely drop the difficulty back down.
Yea just come back to it with with a better team and speed charge, mental charge.

Lv 19 is when you can get the real heavy hitters outside of the 7 demons

No MaloMyotismon and Megidramon really puzzles me. They're pretty significant and their evolution line is there.

Mostly Megidramon is what I really don't get, since you can't get (Chaos)Gallantmon until the endgame, and it would give Guilmon fans something.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Megidramon. Guilmon fans kind of got shafted having to wait until the endgame to get the canon mega. Hopefully next order will add Megidramon. I kind of prefer it to Gallant/Dukemon anyway.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Megidramon. Guilmon fans kind of got shafted having to wait until the endgame to get the canon mega. Hopefully next order will add Megidramon. I kind of prefer it to Gallant/Dukemon anyway.

The only one missing that really hurt was Dukemon Crimson Mode. Like comeon! Freaking Beelzemon BM got in, why the hell not with Dukemon CM.

Hikami

You guys don't know pain till you fought the celestial 3 in the legendary cup. Hardest fight in the game so far. and I was on chapter 17
I just beat that one, it was tough. Managed to win by having 2 tanks just continuously buff my Plesiomon. Then he just destroyed them with his special.

TheFlow

Banned
I just beat that one, it was tough. Managed to win by having 2 tanks just continuously buff my Plesiomon. Then he just destroyed them with his special.
I had a plesiomon why early in the game but I might go back and farm one up.

Right now I am working on my celestial digimon team.

johnsmith

remember me
What is the next best farming spot after the gear sidequest one? Lost it.

Nothing really stands out. The coliseum is decent as long as you don't accidentally clear it. But if you have 3 platinum mons and tactician usbs you can get decent exp anywhere, usually the current story dungeon is pretty good.

Its sad that most of the Royal Knights suck dick.

The only decent ones are Crusadermon and Jesmon.

I had to revamp my entire team for the Master Cup. Shit is incredibly difficult

Grinding for Ultimates in the Hagurumon dungeon is getting to be a kind of addiction. I need to get out of there to progress the story before I accidentally burn out lol

Dambrosi

Banned
Right, so I just sarted the game, and I got to the bit where
MC jumps into the TV for the first time.

Makes me thirsty for REZ PS4 like you wouldn't believe.

TheFlow

Banned
Grinding for Ultimates in the Hagurumon dungeon is getting to be a kind of addiction. I need to get out of there to progress the story before I accidentally burn out lol

there are way better grind spots trust me. you can get to 30,000-40,000 grind spots a lil more than half way through the game.

Ultimadrago

there are way better grind spots trust me. you can get to 30,000-40,000 grind spots a lil more than half way through the game.

Agreed. Haguru's is good for a lil boost. Maybe an Ultimate or two here or there, but continue through the story with the PlatSuka's. You'll find much more beneficial spots around Chapter 10 and so on (which isn't as long to get to as one may think).

TheFlow

Banned
Where are these spots? I'm on Chapter 8 at the moment.

avalon should be the next big spot which is around chapter 10-11 I think.

like others have said chapter 4 is good for raising your main team up to Ultimate but you .will find better spots just by playing the game that you can actually go back to

Croc

Banned
Is there any reason to suspect the Demon Lord DLC will be out any time soon? Trying to finish up for a Plat and one of those is reaching rank 20 in Sleuth Rank. I'm not sure if I'd rather complete like 23 of those green missions or just wait for the DLC and do those instead.

Well, I mean I'd much rather do the DLC missions but I'll just finish these other ones up for Platinum if it's still going to be awhile.

Hikami

Ending spoilers

Damn, kinda wish your character actually ended up going with Alphamon to the digital world. The scene after the credits was good enough though I guess.

pixxxelz

OK so I think is time for me to start grinding some xp, I really didn't want to do it but this shit is freaking addictive! anyways I already know about platinumsukamon
(Kuramon>Tsumemon>Keramon>PlatinumSukamon etc.)
But what about those tactician usb's? How many developer know how and builders I need?

About to give up on hard mode. It's just not fun, every boss feels like a massive damage sponge and there doesn't seem to be a real strategy besides a slow drawn out fight.
it's especially pointless in my opinion considering there's no trophy for it either. that pissed me off with infamous first light

Top Bottom