• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

yami4ct

Cleared Leopardmon, Craniamon and kentaurosmon with some bullshit, but not too many issues, but just had a heartbreaking loss to Crusadermon.

I cannot believe the game has stooped to this. Whoever implemented hard mode must have had like 5 minutes time to actually do it, because it's not balanced at all. Does anyone actually have any strategies that beat Dynasmon and Crusadermon reliably on hard? Looking at all the available digimon, I honestly cannot really see what would work better than what I've got. Is it truly up to luck?

This has really marred the game in my eyes. I was having a really good time too. What a shame.

demonkaze

Thought i'd ask again, just in case anybody missed it. I loved my GrapLeomon but I've capped it and now I'm not sure whats the best evolution for it at this point, any recommendations?

Thought i'd ask again, just in case anybody missed it. I loved my GrapLeomon but I've capped it and now I'm not sure whats the best evolution for it at this point, any recommendations?
Bancholeomon is my favourite leomon. He hits hard and can tank, kinda. I think he evolves into a royal Knight as well.

Store updated, Cross save still isn't fixed -_-.

Is there a diagram of Digimon Types - Strengths/Weaknesses.

It was touched on near the start of the game, but it didn't stay with me, iirc there's two systems? Types and Attributes

MongKey

Both BanchoLeomon and SaberLeomon seems good. Saber has high ATK and SPD but has little DEF while Bancho is slower he has higher DEF making him tank damage better. You could go either way in my opinion. The major difference is their type with Bancho being Vaccine and Saber being Data. So if you want to keep GrapLeomon's vaccine typing then BanchoLeomon is best choice.

It was touched on near the start of the game, but it didn't stay with me, iirc there's two systems?

There's the basic system:

Virus>Data>Vaccine

and then there's a secondary element system:

Fire>Plant>Water
Electric>Wind>Earth
Light=Dark

Wisemon is a good route, that's how I got him quite easily.

my route was Lopmon -> Wizardmon -> Wisemon -> Belphemon.

The requirements for the Mega doesn't really change so any route would work honestly. Only times there is a better route is if you're looking for a specific inherited skill (ie Character Reversal from PlatinumSukamon when going for PlatNumemon. It's why I don't recommend any other route for PlatNumemon)
Hmm,I might just de-digivolve him to lopmon and boost his stats there.

MongKey

It was touched on near the start of the game, but it didn't stay with me, iirc there's two systems? Types and Attributes
Here you go. You can also check them under tutorial in the player menu called "Battle: Types & Attributes".
digitypes-digimon-cyber-sleuth.jpg

elements-digimon-cyber-sleuth.jpg

demonkaze

Thanks for the replies on GrapLeomon evolution. What about Leopardmon, I see that it requries the completion of Great Challenge 2. Is it worth waiting to unlock that?

Finally have a beautiful party of ultimates.

CbamD7wUYAE8GB_.jpg:large

Spent ages getting an Antylamon though and now I'll barely use him as MegaSeadramon is too much of a powerhouse as my core Data type.
He'll change type as Cherubimon though so we'll see.

demonkaze

So is the only way to raise ABI through dedigivolve and then digivolve again. Looking at Belphemon and I see that its 80 ABI, whats the best way to get that high?

Wazzy

Banned
The most efficient way is Dedigivolving. There's also meat that raises ABI however you can't buy it until you beat the game and the price of it isn't worth it. You might have picked up some depending on where you are in the game.

MongKey

Thanks for the replies on GrapLeomon evolution. What about Leopardmon, I see that it requries the completion of Great Challenge 2. Is it worth waiting to unlock that?
Leopardmon evolution is unlocked very late in the game so it's better to evolve into other Mega first before unlocking him.

As for Leopardmon himself; his normal form is pretty underwhelming in my opinion. His Leopard Mode is better though he's rather frail in both forms.

Haha, no. Grinding=farming.
oh lol. all this video game slang/terminology/jargon
No idea, but very low. Maybe 5% or less.
damn, that's fucked up. so maybe i will go with this idea of saving right before it ends. the timer they put there, is that in minutes?
There's no way to force them to appear, and it's one of the rarer items. Though I got lucky when looking for them the second and got it after restarting for the sixth time or something.
fuck, man. so what exactly does it do? just boosts up the amount of XP your digimon gains in fights? and it stacks as well?

Finally have a beautiful party of ultimates.

CbamD7wUYAE8GB_.jpg:large

Spent ages getting an Antylamon though and now I'll barely use him as MegaSeadramon is too much of a powerhouse as my core Data type.
He'll change type as Cherubimon though so we'll see.
I have all dem digimon. I'm trying to collect all the digidestined. So far I have metalgreymon, garudamon, megakabuterimon, ikkakumon, angemon, and angewomon

what do you mean megaseadramon's too much of a powerhouse?

BY2K

Membero Americo
fuck, man. so what exactly does it do? just boosts up the amount of XP your digimon gains in fights? and it stacks as well?

Boost EXP. And yes it stacks, so if you equip 3 of them on 3 PlatinumNumemon, EXP will literally rain.

I'm talking 1 to 99 in a matter of minutes.

Boost EXP. And yes it stacks, so if you equip 3 of them on 3 PlatinumNumemon, EXP will literally rain.

I'm talking 1 to 99 in a matter of minutes.
image.php

speaking of platinum, 2 out of the 3 of the platinumsukamon, should I digivolve them into etemon (which I presume digivolves to platinum numemon) or should I just keep grinding for a while? still on chapter 8,
I beat the humanoid eater in shinjuku
with arata, and i'm pretty close to getting a blackwargreymon

Ultimadrago

After i get my Tact USBs, is it worth putting the develop on the 10,000 YEN or leave it on 1,000 still?

After I got all the USBs, I moved upwards to 10000yen for Chrome Digizoids to sell (100000 (2) to 150000 (3) each catch), but much like the usbs you need to reset trick for guaranteed success. Can get you good money if you come around frequently

LAA

Currently spamming X at each medal machines, most fun trophy ever.

Been doing this mostly myself, I think I've just about done half now. Done all the ones up to akihabara, apart from one that apparently doesnt show in broadway until later. I may have been worse than you though because I was stubborn to not use more money than I had to, so until I got to about 20 medals, I kept saving after every unique medal, then quit if I got a dupe, reloaded the save, and repeat. Then I gave myself 5 tries up to after having 20 medals, then 10 after getting over 25 medals....

Now I've got 3 PlatinumSukamons...grinding to level up digimon. Got a metalgreymon yesterday, working to get more ultimates and potentially megas.
Would like to know if it's worth digivolving to meganumemons though...

Ultimadrago

Been doing this mostly myself, I think I've just about done half now. Done all the ones up to akihabara, apart from one that apparently doesnt show in broadway until later.

Now I've got 3 PlatinumSukamons...grinding to level up digimon. Got a metalgreymon yesterday, working to get more ultimates and potentially megas.
Would like to know if it's worth digivolving to meganumemons though...

Once you get to Ch. 9 or 10 I find it worth going to PlatNume. You'll want the extra strength for the enemies as it'll expedite the leveling process (assuming you'll still want to power level). Just remember to work on one at a time so that youre not stuck with 3 useless/nonExp-boosting Etemon.

After i get my Tact USBs, is it worth putting the develop on the 10,000 YEN or leave it on 1,000 still?
Chrome has more chances at 10k, but can happen at 1k. You want to get Chrome after getting the USBs you need. Money is an issue because mostly stat requirements.

Ultimadrago

Having played 50 hrs. (And now working on Great Challenges), I'd say this is the best Digimon game to date. I don't want to test my luck, but would love to see a sequel/follow-up with improvements.

And while the localization doesn't burn my eyes out of my sockets as some claim, for a localization with so much asking power behind it, it's pretty unacceptable.

It's odd because sometimes I find the dialogue translates well and at others it feels like a bad swap. I hope for better efforts in this area next time.

its like it Combat wise*, No social links. If you liked digimon as a kid you should like this game.
This, exactly. I was a digimon kid as a fan and I love this game.

I've got several issues with it though, I dunno if it's appropriate to share it here. but the positives waay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAY outweigh the negatives

I've seen my share of moments where I don't feel like the MC but I found my breaking point

MAJOR ENDGAME SPOILERS

you came back to life after your body collapsed and the first thing, THE first thing she does is have coffee with mayonnaise.

I hate mayonnaise!

once I get there, can I dna digivole
blackwargreymon and blackweregarurumon to get omnimon zwart?

is that even a good idea? should I just keep the blackwaygreymon (once I digivolve my blue metalgreymon) as is since he's apparently really powerful?

Cleared Leopardmon, Craniamon and kentaurosmon with some bullshit, but not too many issues, but just had a heartbreaking loss to Crusadermon.

I cannot believe the game has stooped to this. Whoever implemented hard mode must have had like 5 minutes time to actually do it, because it's not balanced at all. Does anyone actually have any strategies that beat Dynasmon and Crusadermon reliably on hard? Looking at all the available digimon, I honestly cannot really see what would work better than what I've got. Is it truly up to luck?

This has really marred the game in my eyes. I was having a really good time too. What a shame.

For the most part there's alot of luck with this one. Evidently Dynadmon can be paniced but it only works some of the time.

Honestly I won with UlforceV, Craniamon and Mastemon, with character reversal on Craniamon. Start by reversing Dynasmon, Chaos with Mastemon.

Then spam Breath of the Gods with Craniamon. If you're lucky Dynasmon will kill himself since Crusadermon heals infrequently. Worked for me firsy try. Turning off battle animations are mandatory. This fight was a really though nut to crack onhard.

The balance is shit BUT most of the Royal Knight bosses have some glaring weakness. UlforceV which you had trouble with is trivialized by poison, remember all the antitidote moves he spams? Some later bosses on HM demand particular attacks and strategies, often like SMT megabosses.

Ultimadrago

I'll be 1:1, you sound pretty sad-mad. You can't find any way to beat them? Try experimenting with status effects.

I have a free code to give away for the DLC, but will only work with a southeast Asia PSN account (Singapore Malaysia Thailand Indonesia)

If anyone is interested, PM me

once I get there, can I dna digivole
blackwargreymon and blackweregarurumon to get omnimon zwart?

is that even a good idea? should I just keep the blackwaygreymon (once I digivolve my blue metalgreymon) as is since he's apparently really powerful?

Don't Digivolve to Omninom Zwart. You'll lose MetalGarurumon (Black) too. He sucks as does the rest of the
Royal Knights except Jesmon and Crusadermon

Top Bottom