• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Croc

Banned
fuck meeeeeeeeee the game just crashed after I had gotten all of the medals from a machine :| :| :| :|

edit: I'm saving after every new medal now...

BY2K

Membero Americo
I now have 2 Rank 5 island with 10 Builder Digimons each, both with 5 Developer Know-Hows building me items.

Dawg

I'm going to guess I should have gone for Platinum Sukamon first since Platinum Numemon has a lvl 65 requirement.

Also, I wish it was easier to leave dungeons. The backtracking to the exit is getting old.

RexNovis

Banned
I'm going to guess I should have gone for Platinum Sukamon first since Platinum Numemon has a lvl 65 requirement.

Also, I wish it was easier to leave dungeons. The backtracking to the exit is getting old.

You can buy an item called "export" that ports you back to the entrance.

GooeyHeat

Honestly, I really like the feel of the dungeon encounters on hard, but the bosses are a bit too nasty. I think at this point I'll keep hard mode on except for when I reach a boss. It's a little annoying that the random enemies don't force much resource management on you on normal mode.

okay so i'm still on chapter 8,
and I just beat that eater-humanoid.
I was grinding around with my 3 platinumsukamon beforehand and was hoping I'd level up my bluemetalgreymon enough to digivolve him. he's good enough to become orangewargryemon but i got an orangemetalgreymon on a farm for that. so right now is the digital line the best place to grind?

also speaking of the farm, I got them to work, but the item they made wasn't tactician. how do I make sure that's the item they make?

Loading times aren't that much different imo. I still prefer the PS4 version though due to AA etc, but I haven't left home without my vita since the game came out .
but the thing is though if it comes down to just one of the versions of the game, all things considered I think the Ps4 version is the best.

yami4ct

Beat Ulforce Veedramon on hard last night.

This game has absolutely awful balance. Fights are either way way too easy or hard, not in a way that requires strategy but hard in a way that's just horeshit. You know what's totally fun? An enemy buffing speed over and over and over and then pummeling you with 3 of his ultimate attacks in a row.

Even with super buffed speeds on level 99 Megas and running AeroVeedramon so I can make sure to debuff speed right away, it was all luck. He would get like 6 free turns before I could move and most of the time he would kill the majority of all my monsters by buffing and spamming his Ray attack over, and over and over.

Luckily Magnamon and Rapidramon Armor were cakewalks.

TheFlow

Banned
Beat Ulforce Veedramon on hard last night.

This game has absolutely awful balance. Fights are either way way too easy or hard, not in a way that requires strategy but hard in a way that's just horeshit. You know what's totally fun? An enemy buffing speed over and over and over and then pummeling you with 3 of his ultimate attacks in a row.

Even with super buffed speeds on level 99 Megas and running AeroVeedramon so I can make sure to debuff speed right away, it was all luck. He would get like 6 free turns before I could move and most of the time he would kill the majority of all my monsters by buffing and spamming his Ray attack over, and over and over.

Luckily Magnamon and Rapidramon Armor were cakewalks.
you can adjust the difficulty

yami4ct

you can adjust the difficulty

Difficulty adjustment isn't a solution to awful gameplay balance. This isn't a case where a difficulty is made for NG+, but I'm playing it the first go around. I have access to a massive group of correctly built and powerful digimon. The fight is just balanced like shit. There isn't really an excuse for that. It's just bad.

Man, you're going to LOVE the next fight!

At least I have Ulforce Veedramon as a counter. Gives me the move first of AeroVeedramon and the speed boost of MirageGaogamon in one monster. Should help a ton.

TheFlow

Banned
Difficulty adjustment isn't a solution to awful gameplay balance. This isn't a case where a difficulty is made for NG+, but I'm playing it the first go around. I have access to a massive group of correctly built and powerful digimon. The fight is just balanced like shit. There isn't really an excuse for that. It's just bad.

At least I have Ulforce Veedramon as a counter. Gives me the move first of AeroVeedramon and the speed boost of MirageGaogamon in one monster. Should help a ton.

damn son you just going to have to get gud then

don't take this personal

yami4ct

damn son you just going to have to get gud then

don't take this personal

You'd think, but there is literally nothing I could do. I had a ton of perfectly raised counters. The problem is, it just comes down to luck if he decided to spam his ultimate or not. I could survive one of those easily, but if he used 2-3+ I was fucked. Debuffing him helped, but he still got enough turns that he could spam and screw me, even running with a bunch of high speed monsters. Balancing an encounter on luck is awful.

I don't mind difficult JRPGs. I play mainline SMT games and Etrian Odyssey. What I don't like are unfair JRPGs.

Gargomon is high enough level to evolve but doesn't have enough brains to turn into Antylamon smh

No way I'm turning him into that ugly af Rapidmon

pixxxelz

One uses holy attacks and the other uses dark attacks

non of them were useful in combat for me personally .
I'm still pretty early in the game so it is useful for me, for now at least.

Do you need a Vaccine or a Data in your line-up?
I need data, wait aren't they both data?

kuzuhamon's a poser
yeah I went with sakuyamon in the end, her special attack might come handy for some bosses.

How did they even manage to mess up the dialogue options so badly?

CbZfWVUUUAEcYtD.jpg:large

yami4ct

How did they even manage to mess up the dialogue options so badly?

[IG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbZfWVUUUAEcYtD.jpg:large[/IMG]

Just a guess, but Japanese is a much more compact language. You can fit a lot more in the same amount of characters. They probably programed the choice system thinking they'd only ever need 1 line for a choice. Localization seems to be done on a budget, so when some of the choices in English ended up on multiple lines they didn't have the time/money to have one of the programmers change the choice system or for the localizers to go over each individual choice and come up with a new translation to fit on a single line.

It sucks and shouldn't have come out that way, but definitely seems like a budget issue.

MongKey

You know what. I want a new Digimon Digital Card Battle game. With the amount of Digimon out there right now, if they would include them all then it will be the best Digimon collecting game for me.

They could just make it like the original where you go city to city; they don't even have to make a 3D overworld or whatnot. Make use of the models and animations from Cyber Sleuth and Next Order while making new models for Digimons that are not featured in either of those games. Improve the opponents AI while retaining the same core gameplay. The Circle-Triangle-Cross battle system is great and should be expanded upon.

For the single player portion, a good story is a plus but a great campaign with appropriate difficulty curve is a requirement. A campaign that is too easy for the majority of it or too hard early on will be a slog to play through and not fun.

For multiplayer they can have ranked and casual online battles plus local multiplayer. Allow the players to upload their deck into the cloud so that they can easily access them for local multiplayer. An online trading option will also be nice for the collectors.

I really want a new game in the series because it's so much fun playing it I've lost count how many time I replayed the original. Since they revived the monster raising Digimon game with Re:Digitize; I want them to do the same thing with their card battle game. A new game with updated mechanics and a definitive roster will be a dream come true for me. I want to relieve defeating the Dark Masters at their own game; the Digital Card Battle.

demonkaze

What's the best digimon to evolve GrapLeomon into? Been loving him so far, he's been one of my best up to chapter 9 but I've just maxed his level out

Wazzy

Banned
I've been spending so much time grinding digimon I'm still on chapter 15 lol

Just making my list that much bigger before endgame!

Wazzy

Banned
Hmm, I see.

Would anyone happen to have a screenshot of said requirements? I just want to be prepared, lol.

Also, is Belphemon useful?
No screenshot but looking it up it should be:
Lvl 80
Hp 2100
Attack 300
Speed 220
Abi 100
Cam 100

I'll double check these stat requirements

MongKey

Hmm, I see.

Would anyone happen to have a screenshot of said requirements? I just want to be prepared, lol.

Also, is Belphemon useful?
Both Belphemon forms are pretty good. The SM form does piercing damage that hit all with 50% chance of inflicting sleep. The RM form meanwhile does single piercing attack that deals triple ATK damage. Basically, RM form is the physical version of Lilithmon.

No screenshot but looking it up it should be:
Lvl 80
Hp 2100
Attack 300
Speed 220
Abi 100
Cam 100

I'll double check these stat requirements

Both Belphemon forms are pretty good. The SM form does piercing damage that hit all with 50% chance of inflicting sleep. The RM form meanwhile does single piercing attack that deals triple ATK damage. Basically, RM form is the physical version of Lilithmon.
Thanks. :)

Guess it's back to grinding after work, lol.
Oh, another question about Belphemon. Is Digitamamon the best route?

Stuart444

Thanks. :)

Guess it's back to grinding after work, lol.
Oh, another question about Belphemon. Is Digitamamon the best route?

Wisemon is a good route, that's how I got him quite easily.

my route was Lopmon -> Wizardmon -> Wisemon -> Belphemon.

The requirements for the Mega doesn't really change so any route would work honestly. Only times there is a better route is if you're looking for a specific inherited skill (ie Character Reversal from PlatinumSukamon when going for PlatNumemon. It's why I don't recommend any other route for PlatNumemon)

Top Bottom