• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Metalgarurumon is a good support mon in mid-late main game, especially being a Data type. His team speed boost is only thing that got me through some of the Royal Knight fights, like
Kentaurosmon and Craniamon

If you're doing Master Cup it's a different story.

SOLDIER

Still on chapter 1, really digging this game so far. I just wanted to ask if the difficulty on Normal is a moderate challenge (like, say, a numbered Final Fantasy game), because so far I'm killing most of the fodder enemies in 1-2 turns tops.

I really want to dig deep into the Digivolving and whatnot, but I just wanted to make sure the standard difficulty makes use of all that without being trivial.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Ugh this game is so good. New to Digimon so I wasn't sure about picking this up but great word of mouth got me to grab it. I fought what I think is the first boss? Love the boss battle music. Thank God I had that tadpole Digimon, his water attacks saved me lol.

Loving:
- art style
- music
- character designs (especially Kyoko)
- really fast load times
- Agumon is so cute! I'm guessing he's the series mascot? Much better than Pikachu

Not loving:
- Game stutters every second or so when running (on PS4). It's mild but annoying, must be a port issue
- You can't skip through text fast enough and the font is a bit too huge

Man, beat Examon on my first try and it was clutch as fuck. I think he was the only one so far that didn't feel completely ridiculous,
though it did get annoying when he basically started spamming Dragonic Impact
. Looking at the list of whose left has me thinking the worst has yet to come.

LAA

Ugh this game is so good. New to Digimon so I wasn't sure about picking this up but great word of mouth got me to grab it. I fought what I think is the first boss? Love the boss battle music. Thank God I had that tadpole Digimon, his water attacks saved me lol.

Loving:
- art style
- music
- character designs (especially Kyoko)
- really fast load times
- Agumon is so cute! I'm guessing he's the series mascot? Much better than Pikachu

Not loving:
- Game stutters every second or so when running (on PS4). It's mild but annoying, must be a port issue
- You can't skip through text fast enough and the font is a bit too huge

Interesting to hear the stuttering issue. Have a friend who has it on PS4 but he hasnt mentioned it. On Vita I only know in Shinjuku if you walk under the trees, the FPS drops.
Personally I think women designs aren't so good in this game. Perhaps Yuuko has the best.
I can't really call it as criticism, but one thing I think it REALLY would have benefitted from, (Unless it changes later), is music in the worlds when free roaming. Just so quiet, imagine it having persona-tier music there!

NEO0MJ

Is there a reason why my Datamon is refusing his training? As in, his defense wasn't raised a single unit during the whole training session, even though the Leader had a Defender personality.

L95

Is there a reason why my Datamon is refusing his training? As in, his defense wasn't raised a single unit during the whole training session, even though the Leader had a Defender personality.

Is he maxed out on bonus stats? (IIRC, it's ABI/2+50 or somethin' like that)

Dawg

Is it best to go for Platinum Sukemon first before going for Numemons?

And is it possible to find Tactician USBs even if you only have one or two builders?

UK/EU people: You should have a piece of DLC in your list now if you redeemed the day 1 code on well... day 1.

Is this the costume stuff and Black Agumon etc? Because I'm EU and already had that from day 1.

yami4ct

For the most part there's alot of luck with this one. Evidently Dynadmon can be paniced but it only works some of the time.

Honestly I won with UlforceV, Craniamon and Mastemon, with character reversal on Craniamon. Start by reversing Dynasmon, Chaos with Mastemon.

Then spam Breath of the Gods with Craniamon. If you're lucky Dynasmon will kill himself since Crusadermon heals infrequently. Worked for me firsy try. Turning off battle animations are mandatory. This fight was a really though nut to crack onhard.

The balance is shit BUT most of the Royal Knight bosses have some glaring weakness. UlforceV which you had trouble with is trivialized by poison, remember all the antitidote moves he spams? Some later bosses on HM demand particular attacks and strategies, often like SMT megabosses.

I'll give Craniamon a try. Gives me an excuse to build him anyway. How are you distributing your bonus stats? I'm not sure if it's best to min max speed or offense. All these bosses stack turns and use that to mess me up, so I've been going speed as that seems most helpful, but maybe that's the wrong strategy.

Stuart444

And is it possible to find Tactician USBs even if you only have one or two builders?

Is this the costume stuff and Black Agumon etc? Because I'm EU and already had that from day 1.

Yes, all the Digimon DLC. It was bugged day 1 on the PS4. Should have mentioned PS4 in that post, oops lol.

Stick with the PlatSukamon for a while because they use less memory in your party.
Yes you can find Tacticians with only a couple builders. Developer Know How (an item you place on your farm) increases the item quality of what you produce. These are VITAL in getting the USBs. The more the better AFAIK.
Builder Digimon mostly just reduce the time it takes between developments from 60 minutes down to 20 at minimum so you can farm them faster.

pixxxelz

Eater eve is such a pain in the ass, I wonder who thought It was a good idea to lock those DX barriers till the end of the game.

I'll give Craniamon a try. Gives me an excuse to build him anyway. How are you distributing your bonus stats? I'm not sure if it's best to min max speed or offense. All these bosses stack turns and use that to mess me up, so I've been going speed as that seems most helpful, but maybe that's the wrong strategy.

Craniamon is only good for Breath of the Gods which makes him invincible (seriously), letting you deny Dynasmon heals from Dragon Roar. I'd build for speed I suppose" also SP to increase his uses. I built mostly offense on my other Digimon but I struggled alot on all Royal Knights since I had virtually no buff or debuff Digimon.

If you haven't already I suggest moving to Chapter 20. You can return to Tokyo in Chapter 20 (the point of no return is the final boss). The Stat up items and level A accessories unlock in Chapter 20 making grinding painless. Also one of the bonus bosses is only available in Chapter 20.

Ultimadrago

If you haven't already I suggest moving to Chapter 20. You can return to Tokyo in Chapter 20 (the point of no return is the final boss). The Stat up items and level A accessories unlock in Chapter 20 making grinding painless. Also one of the bonus bosses is only available in Chapter 20.

Oh so, ***Chapter 19 Spoilers***
the giant portal to the Digital World
isn't the PONR?

Hisoka

Finally!! I waited since I bought the PS4 version on day one to play this game, but the dlc issue left me waiting.

Now my dreams of black agugabumon get real people! :D

NMFried

I'm just consistently surprised at how great this game is.

I can't decide if it's my nostalgia from the TV series, my love for monster collecting games or what, but I'm just having an incredible time with this game.

I can't decide if it's my nostalgia from the TV series, my love for monster collecting games or what, but I'm just having an incredible time with this game.
right there with ya buddy.

i got a love for digimon coz of nostalgia, and i love a game with a good story. not only is the story good, but there is surprising depth to it as well.

Zukkoyaki

I think it's all of the above.

It pushes all of the right buttons for anyone who enjoys or used to enjoy Digimon in addition to being a legitimately great JRPG with some of the best critter-collecting/raising mechanics you can find anywhere. Story is surprisingly good as well!

Hikami

I'm at like 70% trophy completion, just need to do the last Colosseum cups and collect all the Digimon medals.. Probably gonna have to do New Game+ since I think I missed some of the missables.

Pretty easy and fun platinum to get besides those medals though.

Have to redigivolve agumon so he has enough ABI to become WarGreymon :(

That's how digivolution works! Be prepared for LOTS or digivolving both ways and jumping around in digivolution charts.

Nearing the end of Chapter 15:
Whaaaaat I had no idea Rina was in this. Pleasant surprise to see her show up. Loves me some continuity.

Dugna

Overall the Digivolution/De-Digivolution makes sense to be in the game from just an anime standpoint, I mean if you count how many times the digidestined/tamers digivolved and de-digivolved in the show they mustive just been training Abi anyway so when like season 1 ended thats why Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon were their strongest.

Drop

Haven't posted in a while but I came here to confirm that my DLC issue has been fixed
Cbc4KNVWwAA7Xjx.jpg:large

I'm also progressing well in the game, I'm in chapter 8 and I got my first megas yesterday

Skii

Does this actually play like a mix of Persona and Pokemon? I'm really interested in the game because I love RPGs with monster collecting.

Is the PS4 version significantly better than the Vita version? i.e 1080p 60fps treatment?

Thanks

(I checked the OP but wanted some opinions and couldn't find anything specific on difference between PS4 & Vita)

Wazzy

Banned
Lol at Chapter 15 spoilers
Mastemon's DNA digivolution scene
. I had a feeling that
Mireis cats were Gatomon's.

Honestly I'm surprised at how LGBT friendly this game is. I think it's fantastic.

Top Bottom