• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Lol at Chapter 15 spoilers
Mastemon's DNA digivolution scene
. I had a feeling that
Mireis cats were Gatomon's.

Honestly I'm surprised at how LGBT friendly this game is. I think it's fantastic.

I feel like it's less LGBT friendly and more the lack of any dialogue changes between the male and female protagonist that is the culprit here....

Got 2 Tactician USBs in one go!

MWAHAHAHAA
Awesome. I need 3 more to get enough for my third PlatNume.

My current team for chapter 11's boss,
Eater Eve
, is: BlackWargreymon, Plesiomon, Ophanimon, BanchoLeomon, and Beelzemon BM. Four of them have either Sleep Guards or Sleep Guards DX.

BY2K

Membero Americo
And that's another 2!

Seriously, 5 Developer Know-How, 10 Builder Digimon, the higher in their digivolution line they are, the better.

I feel like it's less LGBT friendly and more the lack of any dialogue changes between the male and female protagonist that is the culprit here....

You also have that dude from a side quest and probably (Ch 11 spoilers)
Fei, since she seems to have a thing for Yuuko. Rie also mentions in an earlier chapter that Yuuko could be hiding a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend, but that's probably to accommodate the female MC, as you said.

True Fire

55 hours in, on Chapter 16.

I levelled all of my Digimon to 99, then decided to train their ABI to 100 after the fact so I can max out their Stats. That involved a lot of PlatinumNumemon action. I also chain evolved my Numemons to have all of the endgame healing abilities so I can just auto battle my way through the Coliseum, and I got them to ABI 100 to max out their SP. The AI in this game is impeccable--almost as rational as I am.

I also have Lucemon SM now, and Mastemon. I haven't even unlocked the Royal Knights yet and I want at least half of them. Getting Beelzemon BM and Belphemon will probably hurt too.

Dugna

Chapter 15 spoilers
Rina just kicked Barbamon in the face, I like her! :D

EDIT: More Chapter 15 spoilers

716aba2f12734934a9d26cba5379a9a3.gif

I really like Rina now.

Dawg

Got a team full of ultimates and I still can't beat chapter 10.

I feel like I need a lot more training, but I don't want to grind. I like having a little challenge.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm at 200 collected digimon so now it's time to start chapter 16!
But there's things like
the guy in the sidequest being gay, Fei clearly having feelings for Yuuko, the comment towards Yuuko about hiding a boyfriend or maybe even a girlfriend and while some comes from them accommodating female main it's still there.
. It's nothing major but it's there and that's a lot better than nothing.

There's also that evolution but that's more fanservice.

You also have that dude from a side quest and probably (Ch 11 spoilers)
Fei, since she seems to have a thing for Yuuko. Rie also mentions in an earlier chapter that Yuuko could be hiding a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend, but that's probably to accommodate the female MC, as you said.
This is the stuff I'm talking about.

Croc

Banned
I've only got one medal left in this machine and 1 left until 400 so I'm just lying here with my eyes closed pressing x and waiting for the trophy to pop lol

I was expecting the worse when I saw
Alphamon, Dukemon, and Omegamon together, but it ended up being one of the easier fights, despite accidentally getting Omegamon to nuke my whole team the first time.

Dawg

What was the chapter 10 boss?

And damn it, Lopmon is so cute >.<

It's
yuuko with his metal digimon, forgot the name

It's like I barely touch him while he 2 hit KOs even my strongest ultimate digimon. I didn't do the Plat Sukemon grinding yet but I only have one and no tactician USBs.

It's just a sudden difficulty jump considering I steamrolled through the game until now.

Also, my lvl 5 farm with max know how thingies keeps making me research USBs. Must have gotten like 10 in a row. It's like a curse.

On the bright side, never thought a Digimon game would last me the entire month. Possibly part of march too. Whew

It's
yuuko with his metal digimon, forgot the name

It's like I barely touch him while he 2 hit KOs even my strongest ultimate digimon. I didn't do the Plat Sukemon grinding yet but I only have one and no tactician USBs.

It's just a sudden difficulty jump considering I steamrolled through the game until now.

Also, my lvl 5 farm with max know how thingies keeps making me research USBs. Must have gotten like 10 in a row. It's like a curse.

On the bright side, never thought a Digimon game would last me the entire month. Possibly part of march too. Whew
Oh,
Machinedramon
? I think by then I already had at least 3 Mega level Digimon. I had Ophanimon, BlackWargreymon, BlackMetalGarurumon. I think I also had MagnaAngemon.

Ultimadrago

Just finished beating the 8 Challenges back-to-back. Used the same starting team for it all. Though some were certainly tougher than others.

Still not done yet though! Have to raise the Royal Knights I want plus do the new DLC missions. Looking forward to it!

Got my 3 PlatNumemon, I just need 1 more Tactician USB.

I'm already getting over 50k EXP per battle.
I have 8 Tacts between three PlatNume. Against three Megas, I got almost 200k exp. :O
When I saw that, my jaw dropped. In regular battles, I'm getting around 30k-50k exp.

RexNovis

Banned
I've been stuck trying to get a BurningGreymon Medal out of the 3F Nakano Gacha machine for the past 30 mins. I've spent 250k+ yen trying to get it. How rare is this damn medal?!?!? GG!

What happens to moves a Digimon learns when its movelist is full? Does it just disappear into the nether? Edit: Found it, I'm dumb :p

what do you mean megaseadramon's too much of a powerhouse?

He does a shitload of damage.

I wanted to use Antylamon but there's no way I can take MegaSeadramon out of my party with how good he is.

So I'm on chapter 6 or 7 now. I was wondering if there are any good spots coming up to grind out levels? There was 1 spot very early in the game where you could fight knightmon and a bunch of greymons and get like 1200 EXP per battle. It was amazing, was able to get a lot of digimon to digivolve very quickly. Been playing another 10 hours since it happened and haven't had a side quest where i was racking up a ton of EXP as quickly. Am i missing something or did i lose my 1 chance at a good area to grind out some levels.

Chapter 15 spoilers

It's too bad
we'll never get Re: Digitize Decode over here. I'd like to see more of her character.

I'm at 200 collected digimon so now it's time to start chapter 16!

But there's things like
the guy in the sidequest being gay, Fei clearly having feelings for Yuuko, the comment towards Yuuko about hiding a boyfriend or maybe even a girlfriend and while some comes from them accommodating female main it's still there.
. It's nothing major but it's there and that's a lot better than nothing.

There's also that evolution but that's more fanservice.

This is the stuff I'm talking about.

I remember being pleasantly surprised about it. Like you said, nothing major, but considering how poorly Japanese games can handle it, it was pretty nice.

I've been stuck trying to get a BurningGreymon Medal out of the 3F Nakano Gacha machine for the past 30 mins. I've spent 250k+ yen trying to get it. How rare is this damn medal?!?!? GG!

So you could say you have a burning desire to get one.

Hahaha... ha.

yami4ct

Craniamon is only good for Breath of the Gods which makes him invincible (seriously), letting you deny Dynasmon heals from Dragon Roar. I'd build for speed I suppose" also SP to increase his uses. I built mostly offense on my other Digimon but I struggled alot on all Royal Knights since I had virtually no buff or debuff Digimon.

If you haven't already I suggest moving to Chapter 20. You can return to Tokyo in Chapter 20 (the point of no return is the final boss). The Stat up items and level A accessories unlock in Chapter 20 making grinding painless. Also one of the bonus bosses is only available in Chapter 20.

Thanks for the tips. Craniamon was an absolute godsend. Having him to just soak up the Wyvern Breath and to allow Dynasmon to punch himself out without having to heal that damage was so useful. Once I could unleash the full power of Beelzemon BM and Lilithmon on Crusadermon and hit her weakness with UlforceVeedramon, Crusadermon went down fairly easily. Took it out first shot with that strategy.

Examon was fairly easy as well. Dragonic Impact was a bit of annoyance, but it was nice to have bosses that didn't just buff speed 24/7.

The next fights are all multiple Royal Knights at once. I do not look forward to that. At least I'll be able to finally make Jesmon and Alphamon when those are done. Really like those designs.

NEO0MJ

At which chapter can we finally digivolve into the royal Knights? Also, can anyone provide me with comments on what makes each one bad?

Do different Digimon appear in different parts of a dungeon?

I'm going through mirror dungeons now to up the scan rates of digimon I've missed, but just want to make sure stuff aren't showing up because they're rare rather than because I'm in the wrong spot :p

NEO0MJ

Do different Digimon appear in different parts of a dungeon?

I'm going through mirror dungeons now to up the scan rates of digimon I've missed, but just want to make sure stuff aren't showing up because they're rare rather than because I'm in the wrong spot :p

It seems that way, at least in Kowloon.

yami4ct

At which chapter can we finally digivolve into the royal Knights? Also, can anyone provide me with comments on what makes each one bad?

Chapter 19 for most of them, Imperialdramon PM in Chapter 20 post game.

They are really only monsters in Hard mode. On normal mode, they are fairly balanced. My impressions so far.

UlforceVeedramon- First monster you have to deal with that purely buffs speed all the time. If you can poison him, he can go down quickly unless you get unlucky and he uses Antidote. A lot of it relies on luck with Antidote and there are really only a few ways to beat him outside of poison since after a couple turns he's so fast that he's getting 6-7 turns for every one of your's.

Leapordmon- Pretty much the same as Veedramon, except hits a bit less hard and can't be poisoned. He also has a slower ramp to his speed up. If you can survive long enough to get his health down to the last 1/4 or so (IE, He doesn't spam his ultimate 4 times and instantly kill you), he gets locked in enhanced DEF buffing and Life Stealing, which if you resist gives him basically nothing back. Becomes easy to kill then.

Kentaurosmon and Craniamon: Kentaurosmon does the standard buff speed infinitely thing. He's fairly weak, though, and if you can either resist him with Data types or bug and resist with Virus, the fight becomes easier. It just becomes a matter of taking out Kentaurosmon before Craniamon gets you. Hopefully Craniamon doesn't spam AOE. He becomes easy once Kentauros goes down.

Dynasmon and Crusadermon: Crusadermon is the standard buff+might spam bullshit instant kill move. Dynasmon is a hard hitter, but his attack has recoil. If you bring Craniamon, you can use his damage null to let Dynasmon punch himself out. Crusadermon isn't easy at that point, and she has a bullshit full heal, but she's way more beatable.

Examon: Fairly simple fight. Has an obnoxious really strong AOE that also switches your party up, but that's about it.

Long story short, the big problem with them is that they spam BS attacks that can instantly wipe your entire squad and buff their speed so much that you can barely act.

Exodust

Banned
I haven't played a Digimon game since the PSX era and have only been a fan of the first two seasons in German. But maaaaan does this game look super good. I want to pick it up this weekend.

They are really only monsters in Hard mode. On normal mode, they are fairly balanced. My impressions so far.

UlforceVeedramon- First monster you have to deal with that purely buffs speed all the time. If you can poison him, he can go down quickly unless you get unlucky and he uses Antidote. A lot of it relies on luck with Antidote and there are really only a few ways to beat him outside of poison since after a couple turns he's so fast that he's getting 6-7 turns for every one of your's.

Leapordmon- Pretty much the same as Veedramon, except hits a bit less hard and can't be poisoned. He also has a slower ramp to his speed up. If you can survive long enough to get his health down to the last 1/4 or so (IE, He doesn't spam his ultimate 4 times and instantly kill you), he gets locked in enhanced DEF buffing and Life Stealing, which if you resist gives him basically nothing back. Becomes easy to kill then.

Kentaurosmon and Craniamon: Kentaurosmon does the standard buff speed infinitely thing. He's fairly weak, though, and if you can either resist him with Data types or bug and resist with Virus, the fight becomes easier. It just becomes a matter of taking out Kentaurosmon before Craniamon gets you. Hopefully Craniamon doesn't spam AOE. He becomes easy once Kentauros goes down.

Dynasmon and Crusadermon: Crusadermon is the standard buff+might spam bullshit instant kill move. Dynasmon is a hard hitter, but his attack has recoil. If you bring Craniamon, you can use his damage null to let Dynasmon punch himself out. Crusadermon isn't easy at that point, and she has a bullshit full heal, but she's way more beatable.

Examon: Fairly simple fight. Has an obnoxious really strong AOE that also switches your party up, but that's about it.

Long story short, the big problem with them is that they spam BS attacks that can instantly wipe your entire squad and buff their speed so much that you can barely act.

FYI
Imperialdramon PM
can be beaten in Chapter 20 before the final boss, you just have to return to Tokyo first.

Hard Mode Royal Knight bosses are alot like SMT superbosses in a way, since they require a fairly tailor made strategy to beat and are very overwhelming unless you do so.

yami4ct

FYI
Imperialdramon PM
can be beaten in Chapter 20 before the final boss, you just have to return to Tokyo first.

Hard Mode Royal Knight bosses are alot like SMT superbosses in a way, since they require a fairly tailor made strategy to beat and are very overwhelming unless you do so.

I kinda agree and disagree. Hard SMT super bosses are very good at teaching you their mechanics are and quite fair once you know what they ask for. They also tend to rely more on strategies that can be built on a large variety of teams rather than 1 specific set of monsters. SMT monsters also rarely do the 'haha, I just decided you're dead' attacks unless you meet certain conditions and screw up. The RK can wipe your party even if you have the perfect strategy, and a lot of beating them is luck.

NEO0MJ

Thanks. Guess they're a far way off as I'm still in the second half of chapter 8. I am however getting close to making some of my minions megas and was wondering when I could get the RKs.

Yeah I went to the next part of the dungeon and Lopmon started showing up so seems like it. Could have been a coincidence but I'll assume it wasn't for now :p

I can confirm that's a fact in Kowloon, but not the mini-dungeons.

Wazzy

Banned
Okay I absolutely love the reveal that Chapter 18 spoilers
Kyoko is Alphamon

This games story is actually really good, poor translation aside.

It's too bad
we'll never get Re: Digitize Decode over here. I'd like to see more of her character.

I remember being pleasantly surprised about it. Like you said, nothing major, but considering how poorly Japanese games can handle it, it was pretty nice.
Exactly. It's really nice to see, especially in a digimon game of all things.

Toli08

I haven't played a Digimon game since the PSX era and have only been a fan of the first two seasons in German. But maaaaan does this game look super good. I want to pick it up this weekend.

Do it I was in the same boat. If this game came out last year in the west it would of been 1B in goty while Bloodborne was 1A. This is one of the best rpgs I have played in a long time. Everyone needs to get this game. I actually enjoy grinding and I usually find grinding boring.

Also what's the best way of getting a tactician usb?

yami4ct

Do it I was in the same boat. If this game came out last year in the west it would of been 1B in goty while Bloodborne was 1A. This is one of the best rpgs I have played in a long time. Everyone needs to get this game. I actually enjoy grinding and I usually find grinding boring.

Also what's the best way of getting a tactician usb?

Early/mid game? Farm with 10 Development Digimon and Know-How farm items with Development 1000 selected is the only good way. You don't need all those things for it to appear with Development 1000 at the farm, but they help. After that, get as close to the timer ending as you can and reset, reset, reset until they pop.

They do drop from PlatinumNumemons in the second to last dungeon, but that's super late and those encounters are quite rare. You also get 2 for free during gameplay, but they come late as well.

Nightbird

Early/mid game? Farm with 10 Development Digimon and Know-How farm items with Development 1000 selected is the only good way. You don't need all those things for it to appear with Development 1000 at the farm, but they help. After that, get as close to the timer ending as you can and reset, reset, reset until they pop.

They do drop from PlatinumNumemons in the second to last dungeon, but that's super late and those encounters are quite rare. You also get 2 for free during gameplay, but they come late as well.

Starting with chapter 16 you can also get some in the Legendary Cup (guaranteed if you have the large capacity USB) after winning the 7th fight. As long as you lose the Cup on the 8th or 9th fight you can do this over and over again.

CbPiVL9XIAAdMH7.jpg

I made the same mistake, it's actually called Vritramon in the translation for some reason.

I spent hours trying to get it when I already had it

Top Bottom