• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

So the boss of chapter 7 just one shot my digimon with his tomahawk attack, without it even being 2x damage.

What the fuck.

Edit: Still won out of sheer luck that he kept attacking the guest digimon (for 2000+ damage a hit) and I could actually heal my one virus type he was doing half damage against.

RexNovis

Banned
I made the same mistake, it's actually called Vritramon in the translation for some reason.

I spent hours trying to get it when I already had it

OH my god are you serious? I've been at this for 2 and a half hours and I already had the medal.... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me T_T

Wazzy

Banned
They play my favourite song a lot throughout the last three chapters. Still wish I could find it on YouTube.

When do the challenges unlock in chapter 19? I'm in
Tokyo Office

yami4ct

Jesmon and Gankoomon down. They were shockingly easy. Their Ults didn't one shot unless Gankoo got to Acceleration Boost and Jessmon's only annoying things were his last hit shields and the few times he spammed his Ult like 3 times in a row to kill one of my dudes.

Only 2 RK challenges left. These last ones look stuuuuuupid.

RexNovis

Banned
Ok so I have come up with a way to avoid translation confusion whilst using the Gacha machines for medal hunting.

1. Sell all medals before going to the machine

2. Buy medals until you have 30 unique medals in your inventory. Since each machine only pulls from a pool of 30 unique medals this means that you've gotten all the medals that the machine offers.

3. Repeat step 1 then step 2 at next machine

RexNovis

Banned
Question: Are the medals from the great challenges gaurunteed to drop off the battle? Or should I be saving ahead of time and redoing the battle if they don't drop?

Have all but two rookie level digimon now.

The one from Koromon that needs the 'Steel Will' item, and then the especially strange one from Tokomon that needs to be level 30 and needs 80 ABI.

Will I recognise these guys from the early seasons of the show?

Have all but two rookie level digimon now.

The one from Koromon that needs the 'Steel Will' item, and then the especially strange one from Tokomon that needs to be level 30 and needs 80 ABI.

Will I recognise these guys from the early seasons of the show?

The one that evolves from Koromon is fairly new.

The one that evolves from Tokomon you'll recognize if you ever watched Season 4.

silva1991

I want to play through NG+, but the lack of skip option and forcing me to do optional cases is fucking atrocious

What's the difference between yellow and blue cases on the board?

Iirc it's to determine the importance of the case? I think red is always needed to progress the story but I could be wrong.

What happens to moves a Digimon learns when its movelist is full? Does it just disappear into the nether? Edit: Found it, I'm dumb :p

He does a shitload of damage.

I wanted to use Antylamon but there's no way I can take MegaSeadramon out of my party with how good he is.
interesting. I got a megaseadramon. maybe I should put the fucker in my fighter party :p lol i'm guessing he'd be even stronger as metalseadramon?

btw, when I fought infermon, my blackwargreymon's dark terra force didn't really do much damage...there has to be a reason for that. there's just things about this game I still don't know.
I dunno, still on the fe....

SOLD
200.gif

RexNovis

Banned
interesting. I got a megaseadramon. maybe I should put the fucker in my fighter party :p lol i'm guessing he'd be even stronger as metalseadramon?

btw, when I fought infermon, my blackwargreymon's dark terra force didn't really do much damage...there has to be a reason for that. there's just things about this game I still don't know.
200.gif

Because He's resistant to dark (that's why his neutral symbol is purple) and dark terra force deals dark damage

Beat the Master Cup last night. Man Gankoomon is a fucking lifesaver. Holy shit.

Almost got the plat! Just need the Coliseum 30 victories trophy and the medal trophies!

Beat the Master Cup last night. Man Gankoomon is a fucking lifesaver. Holy shit.

Almost got the plat! Just need the Coliseum 30 victories trophy and the medal trophies!

Am I wrong in saying that for that trophy you don't necessarily need 30 online victories? That will decide as to whether or not I bother going for it. Just thought I may as well since I plan to go after all the Digimon anyway like I do in Pokemon.

Am I wrong in saying that for that trophy you don't necessarily need 30 online victories? That will decide as to whether or not I bother going for it. Just thought I may as well since I plan to go after all the Digimon anyway like I do in Pokemon.

You probably wouldn't find 30 people to play anyway as the servers are a mess. :)

The game will match you up with the AI if it can't match you with a player, which is what happens most of the time. You can also decide whether or not you want to fight the person or AI that is picked to be your opponent.

You probably wouldn't find 30 people to play anyway as the servers are a mess. :)

The game will match you up with the AI if it can't match you with a player, which is what happens most of the time. You can also decide whether or not you want to fight the person or AI that is picked to be your opponent.

Sublime.

You don't need to fight other people. The system will match you up with AI that are pretty easy. If it matches you up with someone; it'll ask you if you want to fight them, say no and just queue until you get an AI. You can tell the difference because the oppenents name doesn't have a country abbreviation in it.

silva1991

she puts any female character in the animes to shame <3

I'm thinking of de-digivolving Ophanimon to Angewomon and make her use Ophani's strongest healing spells

design wise Angewomon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ophanimon

kubus

Just got word from my local retailer that they won't have new copies of this game until around March 5, because the supplier has to produce new copies first.

I'm guessing that means the game sold above expectations, to sell out of the initial run so quickly after the release date?

I'm really bummed out though, because I really want to start playing this game. I had it pre-ordered and I still don't have my copy. Pretty ridiculous. Just ordered from Game.co.uk since they seem to have stock but it's gonna take like a week before it gets here :(.

In the meantime I'm watching Digimon Adventure 01 to keep me sane, haha.

holy moley, remote play actually worked in the office today! that was surprising considering all the other times I got an error message, making me think they just blocked the servers or something. I wonder what's different now. Hope I don't get in trouble.

still on chapter 8, on the 3rd floor of nakano
and the next thing I gotta do is ask nerds about comic books...something about arata obtaining a "perfect" comic or something. and that's where I leave off.
until next time!

Just got word from my local retailer that they won't have new copies of this game until around March 5, because the supplier has to produce new copies first.

I'm guessing that means the game sold above expectations, to sell out of the initial run so quickly after the release date?

I'm really bummed out though, because I really want to start playing this game. I had it pre-ordered and I still don't have my copy. Pretty ridiculous. Just ordered from Game.co.uk since they seem to have stock but it's gonna take like a week before it gets here :(.

In the meantime I'm watching Digimon Adventure 01 to keep me sane, haha.

Buy digital?

Really enjoying this and the nostalgia is wonderful. Once I got access to the lab I am hooked on getting 200% scan then leveling up my digimon to see what I can digivolve them into. One issue is I cannot decide which one to pick, I want them all!! Is there a guide anywhere that shows the evvolution chain with pictures. Everyone I find has been text and I want to see who they turn into.

How do I digiovlve lucemon? My Attack and SPD are nowhere near where they need to be. Brainy personality & +40 int from training atm. I'm guessing you switch to fighter?

Top Bottom