• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Stuart444

Oh, I forgot about that, was wondering why it was spoilered lol.

EDIT- Creepymon - REALLY?

Yeah, I looked it up,

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Daemon

According to this, he stopped being called Daemon in Data Squad and the second twin set of DS games.

I know know why, maybe it's because Disney (It was them right? or whoever) decided it must be changed when they got the rights?

Otherwise I don't know since we had it established in 02 as Daemon.

Dawg

Cyber Sleuth was Vita only in Japan.

They had low expectations for Cyber Sleuth and they still ported it during localization so I'd bet with the success of this game if they were going to bring over Next Order they would try to make a PS4 port work.

Bamco mostly won't bring Vita titles over to the west (mostly, Vita-only is the exception now).

They will port it. Just like they did with SAOHF and LS (the latter of which was PS3/PSV in Japan but got a PS4 port for the west) and just like they did with Cyber Sleuth.

Oh. That's actually very good info.

Mailbox

I bought this game for ps4 along with bloodborne a couple of days ago, currently on chapter 3.

the aliasing is pretty damn bad and some textures are horrid, but other than that i'm having a lot of fun.

playing this via remote play is great

True Fire

This game has an amazing endgame. Wow. So much momentum, and everything ties together really well.

I'm ready for another Digimon Story game.

Yeah, I looked it up,

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Daemon

According to this, he stopped being called Daemon in Data Squad and the second twin set of DS games.

I know know why, maybe it's because Disney (It was them right? or whoever) decided it must be changed when they got the rights?

Otherwise I don't know since we had it established in 02 as Daemon.
Daemon is what Saban came up with, while Creepymon is what Bandai decided to use. Bandai seems to be responsible for the worst names like that, Apokarimon, Socerimon, etc. they also used close up art of Apocalymon on one of the cards and called it Apokarimon Creepy Mode.

Lexxism

Q: I have an Angewomon with +100 INT and a ladydeviwomon with +0 bonus stats. If I digivolve them to Mastemon, will Mastemon get a +100 bonus stats? or 0?

Q: I have an Angewomon with +100 INT and a ladydeviwomon with +0 bonus stats. If I digivolve them to Mastemon, will Mastemon get a +100 bonus stats? or 0?
I think that depends on which you use as the main Digimon and which is the fodder. You can preview it as well with triangle I believe.

I went back to digimon world dusk on the ds just for old time sake and this seems like a pretty structurally similar game

Good thing I enjoyed dusk

Yeah, reading the OT really made me think of the Digimon DS games, they weren't bad at all!

Finally got a Pokemon equivalent on Vita it seems.

I got a goldnumemon...does he have any of the XP stacking perks that platinumsukamon has? if not i'm just gonna dedigivolve him and make him something else.

also, from all the grinding that I do, my digimons' CAM, ABI, INT, speed & attack don't increase substantially. how do I make it happen?

wiibomb

I remember someone mentioned here that there is a good grinding spot on chapter 8, which should I be looking for?

I don't want to past through it without grinding (a lot) more

I got a goldnumemon...does he have any of the XP stacking perks that platinumsukamon has? if not i'm just gonna dedigivolve him and make him something else.

also, from all the grinding that I do, my digimons' CAM, ABI, INT, speed & attack don't increase substantially. how do I make it happen?

You need a PlatinumNumemon, not gold.

You can see the support skill it has beneath the moves on the digimon summary.

True Fire

Is it Ulforce Veedramon or Lilithmon? No? Then it's probably not viable online.

Online play is broken as shit.

People have already come up with anti-meta strategies! It reminds me of Pokemon in a way. Soon people will be trying to counter Belphemon/Examon/etc

Wazzy

Banned
Finally! I collected all the digimon I can in chapter 19 which means I only have two left before I have every digimon scanned and captured.

Also my final team(wanted to fit MirageGaogamon and debated between regular Gallantmon or Chaos but no space) and I'm pretty happy.

ei5A6AM.jpg

I finally got the game Tuesday and I'm really enjoying it, even more than when I played World Dawn years ago. This game is really scratching an itch that I have been missing from Pokemon's Single Player.

True Fire

That ending was amazing. This is the best Digimon game ever and it's not even close. It took me 60 hours, with a good portion of that being monster raising, which somehow never got boring. I got 74% of the trophies without even trying, and I hope to get the Platinum in a few more hours of gameplay.

My only real complaint is that the villain
(if you can call him that) was severely underdeveloped. His final monologue was fantastic and way more philosophical than a Digimon game warranted, but he was a bit of a joke.
The game was also pretty clearly low budget, but it's amazing what they managed to do with their resources. Some of the locations looked true to life. The battle on the roof in Odaiba was to die for.

I love how tightly plotted the game was. Everything makes sense. Whoever wrote this game is a star. The plot twists were brilliant and lifelong Digimon fans will love them. I'll be checking out every Digimon game from now on, as long as Bandai wants to localize them (they produced a thank you video and ran out of pre-order copies, so I suspect it did well). I'm so thankful that they gave this game a chance.

The part with
your Digimon surrounding you as you regain consciousness
reminded me of a typical Pokemon ending, but waaaaay more emotional.

I don't really have any other thoughts right now. I still need to finish the Great Challenges. I'm just so grateful that this game turned out to be so good after 6 years of begging for localizations and signing petitions.

Uh, Kentaurosmon is damn fast. And I don't have many good Data types. :( Only decent Data type I have is Plesiomon. Well, MirageGaogomon too, but he's in the 50s. Most of my Megas are virus types and like 3 Vaccines. >.< Oh, and it sucks that he can't be bugged.

*edit* Never mind. Plesiomon was enough, haha.

Wazzy

Banned
Okay wow at the ending. That was really good and it felt so much like a digimon ending.

What a wonderful game and I'm so happy it got brought over. The characters, music and story were more enjoyable than I expected and the battle/evolution system was addicting enough for me to want to complete all of it.

That was seriously one of my favourite endings and this is probably my favourite digimon game now. I would love a sequel with this cast. I actually didn't expect to like
Kyoko due to her ridiculous cleavage shot but she ended up being my favourite character, especially what with her being Alphamon and she made the ending so much more emotional. Also the shot with all of my digimon appearing and then reuniting with regular Kyoko gave me a huge smile.

I'll finish up some small stuff but otherwise I had a blast with this game and highly recommend it to people interested.

IS THAT WAKAMOTO I'M HEARING!?

EDIT: Ah no, that's not him.

Yeah it's Wakamoto. I kinda wish he dialed the accent back a little, he was the best in series like LOGH where he wasn't trying to sound so ridiculous.

Still alot better than Kishibe's voice. I really hope nobody talks like that in real life.

NEO0MJ

After developing Tactician USBs quickly twice in a row the game decided to punish me and keeps giving my something else.

yami4ct

And all of the Hard Mode Royal Knight challenges cleared. The Omegamon/Alphamon/Gallantmon trio were way easier than expected. The Imperialdramon PM fight was some damn bullshit, but managed to barely pull through. Had a really good run going earlier and would've finished, but I screwed up and hit 'Waltz's End' instead of 'Breath of Gods' on Craniamon right before he started spamming his instant kill move. That might be the worst feeling ever. Cleared it later, so all's good.

The RK's are definitely front loaded in difficulty. UlforceVeedramon, Leopardmon (To a lesser extent) and Dynasmon + Crusadermon are some of the least balance and worst fights I've played in a JRPG. The other fights are bad and poorly balanced, but the number of ways they can go bad are far fewer and they go bad much more quickly. You can't really lose 10-30 minutes of progress on those fights. You either win early or you die.

My advice to those playing? Don't bother playing those fights on Hard Mode unless you're an insane masochist/completionist. Turn the difficulty down. They aren't properly balanced and not fun. Really not worth it. Soured my opinion on a otherwise very good game.

Now to finish the last couple of side cases and the final story battle. I have little hope the end of the game can even remotely save the awful story, but we'll see!

I remember someone mentioned here that there is a good grinding spot on chapter 8, which should I be looking for?

I don't want to past through it without grinding (a lot) more

You need a PlatinumNumemon, not gold.

You can see the support skill it has beneath the moves on the digimon summary.
does etemon digivole to platinumnumemon?

Wait, what? The
goggles like thing on the MC's head is a digivice?
Whaaaaaaaaaat?
Why the fuck did I click that...

Yeah, he does. PlatSukamon > Etemon > PlatinumNumemon.
Ok. So since two of my platinumsukamons are maxed I should probably digivolve them to get to platinumnumemon yeah? and for now have to just deal with not having the platinumsukamon boosts

Ok. So since two of my platinumsukamons are maxed I should probably digivolve them to get to platinumnumemon yeah? and for now have to just deal with not having the platinumsukamon boosts
Nooo
Get three Plat Sukamon then digivolve ONE to Etemon. Get that Etemon to digivolve to Plat Numemon that way you can do it with the Exp bonus of your other dudes. Then just repeat one at a time until you've got them all evolved.

Tusk

That's not really a spoiler as it's mentioned early in the game by an NPC. They say something along the lines of your goggle digivice being cool, and how they want/have a phone digivice. can't remember the exact wording.

That's not really a spoiler as it's mentioned early in the game by an NPC. They say something along the lines of your goggle digivice being cool, and how they want/have a phone digivice. can't remember the exact wording.

Pretty sure I remember someone mentioning that at the beginning of the game. Not really a spoiler.
It's mentioned literally at the very start of the game.

My bad for overreacting. It's just that I'm enjoying this game so much, I don't want even the slightest hint of a spoiler. Last time I was this hooked and was anti-spoiler for something was for daredevil. Found one little spoiler for that one time before finishing the season and I got mad.

I don't really remember this conversation, do you guys maybe remember around what chapter it was?
Nooo
Get three Plat Sukamon then digivolve ONE to Etemon. Get that Etemon to digivolve to Plat Numemon that way you can do it with the Exp bonus of your other dudes. Then just repeat one at a time until you've got them all evolved.
Ok but the thing is I have TWO maxed platinumsukamon. It'll likely take me a very long time to get an etemon to become a platinumnumemon won't it?

Top Bottom