• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Most of those are added for the Dub. The sub is still a children's show, but it's less 90s humor. The music is way better as well.

Hmm I might check that version out then. Scrubbed through the Apocalymon episode because I forgot what he looked like. I couldn't get passed the running water bit lol.

silva1991

That ImperialDramon Paladin Mode is such a bitch move of a quest.

You're locked into the digital world (meaning you have to waste so much time fighting the Final Boss and rewatching the same goddamn cutscenes, and since you restart the game...is it even considered solved?), and he relies on a strategy that you won't see coming until his HP is less than 50%.

You can use that go home item(I think that what it's called) to get out of digital world without fighting the final boss.

Bishop89

how important is making money?

I have the option to go with Angemon or GoldNumemon right now.

I was originally raising my Kudamon for Angemon but I didnt realize it gave me the option of goldnumemon. The money boost is enticing.

Just jumping in here:
I have a PS4 and I'm interested in this game because it looks pretty interesting. Is it a good game worth playing? What's the draw for you guys to it?

I'm at chapter 19 and just fought
Eater Adam
and I gotta say, I haven't seen such a cool boss entry in a while with him just walking into a gate(?) and appearing at the other side transformed. He also has the best black and white spinning patern. I honestly just expected and ok game but Cyber Sleuth has been impressing me a lot with everything so hopefully the next Digimon Story is even better :D.

Just jumping in here:
I have a PS4 and I'm interested in this game because it looks pretty interesting. Is it a good game worth playing? What's the draw for you guys to it?
Personally, I loved the Digimon series back in the day(seasons 1-3) and haven't really played a Digimon game since World. The graphics looked fun and when I saw Agumon/Gabumon in the trailer, I was sold. Nostalgia got the best of me. But it was a great purchase, in my case. ~80 hrs in and almost done with the story.
how important is making money?

I have the option to go with Angemon or GoldNumemon right now.

I was originally raising my Kudamon for Angemon but I didnt realize it gave me the option of goldnumemon. The money boost is enticing.
Once you start grinding in the last 5 or so chapters, you start racking up money like crazy. I'm on chapter 19 and have over 1mil. You mainly need money for farm goods and the odd stat restraining/personality changers. HP/SP "potions" and anti-status items are pretty cheap and you get quite a few from normal battles. So nah, money isn't too important.

I'm at chapter 19 and just fought
Eater Adam
and I gotta say, I haven't seen such a cool boss entry in a while with him just walking into a gate(?) and appearing at the other side transformed. He also has the best black and white spinning patern. I honestly just expected and ok game but Cyber Sleuth has been impressing me a lot with everything so hopefully the next Digimon Story is even better :D.
He looked pretty cool, but was such a PITA on Hard mode, lol

Just jumping in here:
It's got a good(not great but definitely at least good) story& the art style+music are unique ,interesting/unique human characters+dialogue , monster raising /collection and you can choose if you want to grind or use a method to gain quick exp. Also non-digimon fans like that it's a turn based rpg. Those are the non - digimon reasons I can think of.

True Fire

Spent the entire night grinding for Lucemon and Lucemon FM. I think doing this has finally made me efficient at using the farm.

Yeah, Lucemon taught me how to use the farm. Lucemon SM isn't really that good in the endgame and I ended up replacing him with Lilithmon, but I wouldn't have bothered +100ing my mons if it wasn't for him

Ultimadrago

I'm having trouble deciding what build to give Jesmon. I really like his base ATK and Speed. His offensive options are good (not great) but I've been considering Support options as well.

Voror

Well on one hand, I have a save literally right before I get the notice from the farm about the development but still no luck. Only USB I've seen thus far is CAM.

I wish there was a way to load a save from the menu rather than having to close the game and restart. Would save a lot of time.

I've got three PlatSukas right now but also built up a PlatNume recently using a different evolution path that gave it access to Nightmare III which is fairly powerful but the problem is the memory size.

Can't really run a three PlatSuka party in that exp dungeon in Chapter 4 as they aren't that strong to start with and there being a Vaccine type that appears regularly that they can't handle.

Syntsui

I have finished the game yesterday and overall, I had a blast. I have a lot of complaints in regards to the UI and some design decisions in regards to the missions but they are passable.

One thing that they really need to tweak is the Hard difficulty, it's straight up not balanced. It doesn't make the game more challenging, just boring as the enemies get AN ENORMOUS stat boost, in a way that is not achievable even if they were, in theory, level 99 with item boosters. Also, there is no reward to play this way, at all.

This was really evident on the Great Challenges and on Colosseum.

Voror

Yup, I grinded purely using 3 PlatSukas with that tech in that dungeon. It was glorious.

Yes that'll simplify things immensely. I was already managing pretty well and got my first Mega in Diaboromon.

Is there a way to soft reset the game so I can load to try and get a Tactician out of the farm or do I just have to complete exit out on Vita and then reload the game?

Yes that'll simplify things immensely. I was already managing pretty well and got my first Mega in Diaboromon.

Is there a way to soft reset the game so I can load to try and get a Tactician out of the farm or do I just have to complete exit out on Vita and then reload the game?

On the Vita I'm unsure but on PS4 I'm able to completely close out of the game and get back in within 60 seconds. Made farming Tactician USB's immensely easy.

Voror

No. You need to close the application and open it again.

Alright. Not ideal but still manageable. Hopefully I get lucky soon. I figure I'll just go for one right now until I can expand the island more.

Does having more Builders affect anything other than how long it takes to build?

Voror

On the Vita I'm unsure but on PS4 I'm able to completely close out of the game and get back in within 60 seconds. Made farming Tactician USB's immensely easy.

We have the PS4 version too so maybe I'll switch over for a little while. Having this handheld is just really convenient.

I have finished the game yesterday and overall, I had a blast. I have a lot of complaints in regards to the UI and some design decisions in regards to the missions but they are passable.
I would actually like to hear what you didn't like about the UI, I personally really liked it and the only part I found hard to navigate whas the Digibank so I hope the keep it for the most part the same for the next Digimon Story game.

Ultimadrago

I'm having trouble deciding what build to give Jesmon. I really like his base ATK and Speed. His offensive options are good (not great) but I've been considering Support options as well.

So after some deliberate testing, while Jesmon isn't a bad Digimon, they just don't fit my playstyle. Oh well, into the garden you go~

Also finished one of the DLC missions:
the movie one
. A cute little story and battle there.

Ultimadrago

Man, I slept on Ophanimon's Defenses. Her base INT isn't bad and with a couple of DEF Attach, she really does have decent defense for a Support character. Much less lop-sided than some of my offensive favorites (like BlackWarGreymon, Belphemom: Sleep Mode and Lilithmon).

Croc

Banned
Question for anyone with plat or at least all of the medals.

When trying to get Black Agumon's medal, is there any specific requirements to get the request, or is it just incredibly low probability?

Kouriozan

Almost done, 499/500 medals!

tjiM7sB.jpg

Now if we had the rest of DLC quests AND if I wasn't lucky enough to not get the DigiLine bug, I would have got the Platinum already T-T
Oh well, I just have to start a new game for the quiz trophy, then a new game plus with my 499/500 medals save for Chapter 8 Victory Uchida.

Uthred

Story seems to be taking a darker turn in Chapter 8, really enjoying this game, sometimes its a struggle to tear myself away from pushing forward the story to grind and vice versa.

NEO0MJ

So, any members here who don't heavily follow Digimon fall in love with a Digimon they never knew about before? For me it has to be RustTyranomon right now. It's just so nice to look at.

is it just me or is chapter 10 a really short chapter?

I have to admit it was much shorter than the few chapters before it. Set a big shift in the story, though.

CrazyDude

I am going to buy this soon, but anyone know if the camera can controlled with L and R button? Got stitches on the bottom of my thumb, so controlling it with right stick is going to be a pain.

L95

I am going to buy this soon, but anyone know if the camera can controlled with L and R button? Got stitches on the bottom of my thumb, so controlling it with right stick is going to be a pain.

There's pretty much no camera control whatsoever, aside from zoom in/out.

Top Bottom