• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

I just beat chapter 11 and...
my god that yuuko-strapped eater was a challenge. even with as supposedly strong as my digimon were I went through like 5 revival cards for my chirinmon.
I am going to buy this soon, but anyone know if the camera can controlled with L and R button? Got stitches on the bottom of my thumb, so controlling it with right stick is going to be a pain.
other than zooming out I don't think you can control the camera at all. what happened to your thumb?

CrazyDude

I just beat chapter 11 and...
my god that yuuko-strapped eater was a challenge. even with as supposedly strong as my digimon were I went through like 5 revival cards for my chirinmon.
other than zooming out I don't think you can control the camera at all. what happened to your thumb?

I accidentally put glass cup on the edge of a cutting board and it fell on the marble. As it was falling my hand instinctively went to stop it from falling and it stabbed into the broken cup.

Hydrus

So anybody know what the sales for this game have been here in the US so far? Hope we can keep getting more digimon games!

So anybody know what the sales for this game have been here in the US so far? Hope we can keep getting more digimon games!

Well I did my part. If everyone who signed the petition bought a copy of the game, they will probably be satisfied.

I bet localization was not all that expensive.

I accidentally put glass cup on the edge of a cutting board and it fell on the marble. As it was falling my hand instinctively went to stop it from falling and it stabbed into the broken cup.
tumblr_n9qzt4c3TT1rbc9h1o1_500.gif

Wazzy

Banned
So, any members here who don't heavily follow Digimon fall in love with a Digimon they never knew about before? For me it has to be RustTyranomon right now. It's just so nice to look at.
I do follow Digimon quite a bit but for some reason this game made me love digimon I didn't before.

KerpymonBM, Alphamon, Jesmon, Mastemon(this one is new), MetalSeadramon and UlforceVeedramon I've come to really love their designs.

Dugna

Buffs like "Sweat. Beautiful Sweat" make me want curse the devs out, you should never let something like that stack if you ever want somebody without a stupid Aeroveedramon to win a fight.

Croc

Banned
Is anyone who has the BlackAgumon medal around to answer a question?

I'm wondering if you really have to do what the FAQ suggests with the 10 ultimates and no farm items or whatever. That just seems too weirdly specific to me and I haven't changed my farm setup at all and have found all of the other medals.

Voror

Ha success! And I got two Tactician USBs out of it when I thought it'd be one. Given how many times I restarted I thought I might hold making more but if I get two each time I'm successful I may go for more.

With a full party of PlatSukas and those two equipped it's over 13000 now each time. Not sure what two more would do but I imagine it would be substantial.

Question regarding working to build ABI: Is it best to work on getting that out of the way first on any that require high amounts?

For example two out of a number I'm working on are Lucemon and Beelzemon BM. For the first, I've been maxing out a Tokomon, digivolving to Falcomon and then back to Tokomon after maxing out. I figure I'll keep that up till I max out unless that's not the way to go?

For the latter I went from Baby to Pagumon to Impmon to Orgemon to now SkullMeramon. Figure I'll go back and forth with him until he's maxed as well.

Am I on the right track with those? I also have a LadyDevimon I got from an IceDevimon that I'm going to eventually turn into Lillithmon.

Mailbox

is it weird that i've preferred to play this game on my vita via remote play rather than on my 32" television?

Actually I'm the same way.

I've figured out why though. This game has really bad aliasing and some textures are really really bad.

The vita controls are perfect for this game since you need so few buttons, and the lower resolution on the screen makes the aliasing and the texture less of an issue.

I personally think remote play is the ideal way to play this game.

Actually I'm the same way.

I've figured out why though. This game has really bad aliasing and some textures are really really bad.

The vita controls are perfect for this game since you need so few buttons, and the lower resolution on the screen makes the aliasing and the texture less of an issue.

I personally think remote play is the ideal way to play this game.
I think you're on point here. The beauty of it is, like you said, it is a game that's easily playable on Vita, hence it is originally a Vita game,

and being able to play the Ps4 version on it via remote play comes with the perks of the upgraded Ps4 version (better graphics...although I don't really notice that, higher framerate, and faster load times)
I think everyone understands. :)
lol, I bet y'all do. but for me it's not just about being able to play it before going to bed n shit...it's also the fact that I am away from home Monday-Friday and thanks to remote play, I'm able to play it all the way in the city, in my cousins' apartments, and in my office. it is truly remarkable.

but then when I come home and play it downstairs...even though it's on the bigger screen, it just doesn't feel that much better, you know?

I've had an idea today for optional boss fights: all the digidestined so far, each "season" group getting their own dungeon. All Megas. Maybe with the possibility of healing between fights in each dungeon.

Another fight that'd be cool is against
Mirei

Dugna

sooo uhh chapter 19 spoilers kinda....
I kinda forgot where to go at the start of the chapter, since Kyoko being Alphamon now doesn't sit in the office.
anybody remember?

Syntsui

I would actually like to hear what you didn't like about the UI, I personally really liked it and the only part I found hard to navigate whas the Digibank so I hope the keep it for the most part the same for the next Digimon Story game.
You can only equip items on that specific screen, which is dumb because why not let us equip from the Items screen? You have to go to two screens instead of one.

You can't transfer items from one Digimon to another, this is a pain in the ass because you have to go in and out a lot of screens to prepare your team.

If you want to reasign your Digimon moves, again you have to go through more screens than you should and that's a pain in the ass. Why no do it directly on the screen you can check on them by pressing triangle and right directional?

If you DNA divivolve you lose one perfectly fine and trained Digimon forever if you want to de-digivolve. That is one asnine decision.

Some of the quests barely give you an indication about what you should do and when you talk to Mirei, she doesn't help at all.

Also in regards to the quests, sometimes you are teleported directly to who contracted you, sometimes not. This makes no sense at all, why not do it always? Why do I have to waste time walking back and forth like an idiot? If

Most of the Megas are utterly useless, since most don't have a piercing attack. At the end of the game, together with a healing/buffer Digimon, they are a must have. You won't beat eaters without them, you won't beat the colosseum without them.

Also, why most of them are virus? This was really badly distributed, also we have one data Digimon with a piercing attack which is ridiculous.

OH, and non-skippable cutscenes is an unforgivable sin in 2016.

These are thing that bothered that I can remember right now.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh the last cup was ridiculously long and annoying but thankfully I cleared it.

I'm not looking forward to 30 wins online.

BY2K

Membero Americo
My PlatinumNumemons are smart enough to just spam Nightmare III when I put the fight in auto mode.

Amazing.

Nightbird

I've finished the game after 51 hours.

I may have trained too much, since my team plowed trough like trough regular enemies.

I'll write more tomorrow, I really need to sleep now (almost 3 AM here lol)

How do I queue against them? Or is it random?

Yes its random but it does happen quite often. If you queue against other players, just cancel the battle and re queue. Real players have the country abbreviations next to the name, you'll be able to tell the difference.

Also, save after every win because wins are saved on the PS4/Vita and not the server so if the connection hangs which is does often, you'll be fucked. I didn't know this and lost 15 wins and had to start over.

A big Fuck You!! to Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and Omni Sword. Even in normal mode with Character Reversal, Digimon at lvl 99, all virus, full health and best defences I could find and he still one shots all of my 11 digimon! Any tips on how to beat him? :(

So I just bought the game, should I start on normal or hard?

Also this thread is pretty active for such a niche game.
I would say start normal until you get at least your second Digimon and then change it to hard. Return to normal on some of the bosses since they're super hard even on normal, especially during the later half of the game.

Syntsui

A big Fuck You!! to Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and Omni Sword. Even in normal mode with Character Reversal, Digimon at lvl 99, all virus, full health and best defences I could find and he still one shots all of my 11 digimon! Any tips on how to beat him? :(
You don't. You have to tank 5 Omni Swords, then you can beat him.

Get a Jesmon and level him up. Jesmon will save your life, it has a move that nullifies any damage taken for a turn.

All you really have to do is survive Omni Sword 5 times.

You don't. You have to tank 5 Omni Swords, then you can beat him.

Get a Jesmon and level him up. Jesmon will save your life, it has a move that nullifies any damage taken.

All you really have to do is survive Omni Sword 5 times.
I'll try the Jesmon strategy since I have him on my team but I gotta say, taking his buffs off while using character reversal and still one hit killing all my Digimon is really stupid...

Dugna

got a Skullmeramon at 100 ABI to lvl 99 and still somehow don't have enough attk to get Beezlemon

EDIT: Nevermind had to set his status to Fighter for that extra boost in attack.

Wazzy

Banned
That moment where me and the other person online both look at each others teams and cancel at same time.
Yes its random but it does happen quite often. If you queue against other players, just cancel the battle and re queue. Real players have the country abbreviations next to the name, you'll be able to tell the difference.

Also, save after every win because wins are saved on the PS4/Vita and not the server so if the connection hangs which is does often, you'll be fucked. I didn't know this and lost 15 wins and had to start over.
Ah now I see what you mean and thanks! Online is kind of brutal. So many same teams and I'm not sure what strategies to use so it's easier against bots.

I see so many UforceVee and Lilithmon teams.

Top Bottom