• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Yeah, if there was one, I'd link it for people who like this type of game but aren't Digimon fans/don't know the series. So yeah, just have to rely on google and the above faq.
I feel like there was a link to the various digivolution trees in picture form somewhere in this thread. I don't really remember, though.

Neil

The story in this game makes a huge step since chapter
. Really good stuff.

This. Up until this point I pretty much hated the storyline and was really only playing to get new digimon etc. Now I'm playing for the story, it's done a 180 on me.

Croc

Banned
Whats missiable trophy wise and why?

The only possible ones are the Digimon medal ones because
there's a guy that starts appearing in I think ch. 5 who you have to find in certain chapters to get medals that are only available from him.

5 colosseum battles down, 25 to go...

I can't believe I've put 62 hours into this game and still haven't beat it. I wish they'd put more effort into the online component because I love this games battle system in multiplayer. Some competitive balance would be nice, but it's really fun when your opponent isn't using an annoying strat and you're relatively even.

Edit confusion is literally the worst.

Voror

What's the earliest you could start getting Tactician USBs made in the farm? Or is it just a matter of money and luck?

Lexxism

What's the earliest you could start getting Tactician USBs made in the farm? Or is it just a matter of money and luck?
As soon as you can access the digifarm but it might take a while as you need the developer know-how item on your farm. I started getting that item when I have two developer know-how. I didn't try it with just one.

Croc

Banned
As soon as you can access the digifarm but it might take a while as you need the developer know-how item on your farm. I started getting that item when I have two developer know-how. I didn't try it with just one.

I don't think the Developer Know-How's are actually necessary, just that they help raise the % chance of getting one.

Voror

I've got one right now and have enough to buy another so I'll give it a shot and see if I can get lucky while I work on leveling some digimon. Thank you.

Croc

Banned
lol I love how any time I get matched up with a human person one of us immediately cancels (that's not sarcasm either)

johnsmith

remember me
Anyone know how I can get Safety Guard on Jesmon?

Jesmon > Hackmon > Koromon > Botomon > Wanyamon > Kudamon > Peckmon > Antylamon > Cherubimon

There might be a quicker route, but thats the first one I found. And names might be off, went off the faq, since I already beat and uninstalled the game.

Blurry15

this may be out of the blue and i'm not sure if anyone pointed this out but does anyone know why they changed the name (or tagline not sure which it is since I'm pretty sure its just Tower Records) of the Store in Shibuya from No Music No Life in the Japanese release to Fill The World With Music?

Ultimadrago

Jesmon > Hackmon > Koromon > Botomon > Wanyamon > Kudamon > Peckmon > Antylamon > Cherubimon

There might be a quicker route, but thats the first one I found. And names might be off, went off the faq, since I already beat and uninstalled the game.

Sweet, thanks!

True Fire

Got most of the trophies! I only need ~80 more medals, and max Cyber Sleuth rank.

Beating the Master Tournament was a time and a half. I used my Colosseum team (Lilith, UlforceV, Mastemon) to cheese my way through, and then I used Jes/Gankoo/Leopard to tank Zwart's sword attacks.

I'm at 75 hours right now. The Platinum will probably end up being around 90, but only because I didn't follow a medal guide as I was playing. Almost time for NG+ :(

Wazzy

Banned
Once I've completed non-missable Trophies I think I'll have to do New Game+ to get me the Uchida Medals because I'm pretty sure I missed some.

Voror

Okay, haven't had any luck with getting Technician USBs made. I read something about resetting to try and get the right item to come up but don't get how you do that. So far as I can tell, as soon as I get a message on the digiline, the item I get is set.

johnsmith

remember me
Okay, haven't had any luck with getting Technician USBs made. I read something about resetting to try and get the right item to come up but don't get how you do that. So far as I can tell, as soon as I get a message on the digiline, the item I get is set.

You save when there's a minute left, and reload if you don't get it. Once the timer runs out and you get the message that's too late

Croc

Banned
Got most of the trophies! I only need ~80 more medals, and max Cyber Sleuth rank.

Beating the Master Tournament was a time and a half. I used my Colosseum team (Lilith, UlforceV, Mastemon) to cheese my way through, and then I used Jes/Gankoo/Leopard to tank Zwart's sword attacks.

I'm at 75 hours right now. The Platinum will probably end up being around 90, but only because I didn't follow a medal guide as I was playing. Almost time for NG+ :(

I'm at right about the same place. Only two trophies left with 25 medals to find and 20 online battle to win. Should be easily able to get it tomorrow if I dedicate the time for it. Monday if I decide to take my time a bit.

duckroll

Finally got back into this again after being addicted to EDF2 for too long. Put in an hour and got to Chapter 5. The story's getting pretty interesting! I really like how it handles the cyberworld and mixes up real crimes, supernatural myths, etc. The digimon graphics are really good too. Pretty relaxing JRPG!

I downloaded the free Extra Missions pack from PSN too. I only got one of the quests unlocked on my board and did that, where are the other two? Do they just unlock later on as I progress?

Croc

Banned
Ah okay, that makes sense. So just keep checking on the digilab until that point and save?

Thank you.

The timer doesn't begin counting down until you leave the Digi Lab so I usually set a stopwatch on my phone for 19 minutes (or just 1 minute less than whatever the initial time is, I think 20 minutes is the lowest you can get) and start it right when I leave the lab, that way I don't have to keep reentering and checking how long is left.

yami4ct

The timer doesn't begin counting down until you leave the Digi Lab so I usually set a stopwatch on my phone for 19 minutes (or just 1 minute less than whatever the initial time is, I think 20 minutes is the lowest you can get) and start it right when I leave the lab, that way I don't have to keep reentering and checking how long is left.

It 100% counts down in the DigiLab. It doesn't countdown in the farm menu.

is it better to go for the platinum Sukamon or Platinum Numemon.

I think I read Numemon requirements are longer to obtain.

I stuck with Platsukas earlier on since I didn't have enough memory for 3 Platnumas and I didn't have 9 tactician USBs anyway. I would say wait till you get more than 6 tactician USBs than you can just evolve them at your discretion as you get more memory. PS is 6 memory and PN is 16 memory.

yami4ct

is it better to go for the platinum Sukamon or Platinum Numemon.

I think I read Numemon requirements are longer to obtain.

Make 3 Sukas, go until you get enough Mem to run Numes, then evolve them one at a time. You lose EXP at the Etemon stage, but you can quickly get through that if you have 2 others boosting for you. One evolves into the other, so it's not really an either/or scenario.

That ImperialDramon Paladin Mode is such a bitch move of a quest.

You're locked into the digital world (meaning you have to waste so much time fighting the Final Boss and rewatching the same goddamn cutscenes, and since you restart the game...is it even considered solved?), and he relies on a strategy that you won't see coming until his HP is less than 50%.

yami4ct

That ImperialDramon Paladin Mode is such a bitch move of a quest.

You're locked into the digital world, and he relies on a strategy that you won't see coming until his HP is less than 50%.

You aren't locked in. Talking to Suedou on the first floor of the final dungeon will warp you back to Tokyo.

Man this game really makes me want to watch some Digimon. Recommendation of a season I can jump into? Don't really want to go through all of them, just one good season to get my fix.

yami4ct

Man this game really makes me want to watch some Digimon. Recommendation of a season I can jump into? Don't really want to go through all of them, just one good season to get my fix.

Adventure 01 for the classic series, Tamers if you want something a bit more adult and CS like.

Also, watch Our War Game because it's the best thing Digimon.

Adventure 01 for the classic series, Tamers if you want something a bit more adult and CS like.

Also, watch Our War Game because it's the best thing Digimon.

Oh man Adventure 01 is luckily on Netflix but there are way more cringey bad jokes than I remember lol. I'll check out those other though thanks.

yami4ct

Oh man Adventure 01 is luckily on Netflix but there are way more cringey bad jokes than I remember lol. I'll check out those other though thanks.

Most of those are added for the Dub. The sub is still a children's show, but it's less 90s humor. The music is way better as well.

Wazzy

Banned
You aren't locked in. Talking to Suedou on the first floor of the final dungeon will warp you back to Tokyo.
That or you can use a Home Gate to go back to the Detective Agency lol

It was so wonderful when I realized I could buy them in Broadway.

Top Bottom