• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Ultimadrago

Master Cup started off easier than I thought, but got harder than I thought at the final fight. I really like that it was
that robo dude
. I always thought they would be a much bigger part of the story then they ended up being.

Black War Greymon still for MVP.

Hikami

Is the online arena region locked or global? Because I was rank 32000 when I first started.

They added an update to where you could face off against Japanese players so I'm guessing global. The top people on the leaderboards seem like JP players too.

NEO0MJ

NEO0MJ

Yo, is this an actual Jrpg with battles? I thought it was gonna be some sort of adventure game.

Yeah. It's a bit like SMT/Pokemon in battle style.

Thanks, bookmarked!

No problem. And don't forget to raise your ability. It's impossible to raise it to enough without using items when going the normal digivolution path. Most require at least 20, and some even require you raise it up to 80.

I have a Vita and a PS4 is it worth the extra cost to get it on PS4? Doubt I'll play it much portably.

I'm nostalgic for season 1 and 2 Digimon, I'm hoping to fill my party with the guys from the anime, how feasible is it get say: Greymon and Gururumon? Or that blue guy who was the agumon equivalent in the second season?

Holy shit, chapter 18.
When Nokia and Yuuko go into the Digital World and see how everything started. When they met their Digimon partners and Yuugo sacrificing himself so his friends can escape.
Man, the story is getting very good.

Stuart444

Holy shit, chapter 18.
When Nokia and Yuuko go into the Digital World and see how everything started. When they met their Digimon partners and Yuugo sacrificing himself so his friends can escape.
Man, the story is getting very good.

The first time seeing the Digital World was great! <3 the music in the Digital World is so good as well.

Ultimadrago

Okay, got Omnimon Zwart just cuz he looks cool. He'll be staying in the garden with Magnamon and other cool looking Digimon that aren't useful to me.

I also pulled Imperialmon:pM back to RM to make him useful (as Call Lvl. 2 fodder for grinding). Man, I wish we got the same PM as the one we fought to get the Omni Sword.

About 73 hours in the game now. Still need to get Jesmon (which I'll actually try to use), get Alphamon (just looks neat) and finish the DLC quests. This game has been a real treat for the caual Digimon fan inside. I haven't felt this fulfilled grinding in a while.

I have a Vita and a PS4 is it worth the extra cost to get it on PS4? Doubt I'll play it much portably.

I'm nostalgic for season 1 and 2 Digimon, I'm hoping to fill my party with the guys from the anime, how feasible is it get say: Greymon and Gururumon? Or that blue guy who was the agumon equivalent in the second season?

I'd only seen the first and second seasons when I was younger, so I was in much the same boat as you. Most of the season 1 digimon are in, you can even DNA digivolution to get omnimon. A lot of the second season mon are there as well, including agumon equivalent veemon. But, there's also a lot I'd never heard of that are pretty cool.

Oh, and as for which to buy, I've got PS4 and it looks fantastic, but I've also heard that the Vita version looks damn nice as well, and at a cheaper price point.

Lexxism

There are probably easier ways to get that specific skill other than Mastemon. I just wanted to fill out the guide a bit too though. A quick look at the tree shows that you can also devolve down to Gatomon and go up to Hououmon who also has that skill.

As for builds on healers, I value speed over anything else. Any enemy that is going to give you trouble can likely one shot or nearly one shot anybody, and I prefer to have more chances to use Speed Charge Field or Safety Guard. You're going to have to toss out a bunch of medical sprays and revive items for the toughest fights regardless.
You got a point there. I still remember fighting against UlforceVeedramon on hard mode.

Stuart444

Holy crap, Lilithmon is OP. She almost one shot
Dynasmon
on Hard.

Yup. With 2 Max INT Lilithmon + UlforceVeedramon, I'm unstoppable*

*providing PlatNumemon's Character Reversal works on whatever Vaccine I'm fighting... thankfully many of the RKs are either Data Types of Vaccine types susceptible to Character Reversal.

Ultimadrago

What's the best stat to raise? Attack/INT or speed or a mix of both.

Depends on the Digimon. If it has a great amount of base ATK/INT and an inherent trait/skill that supports it very well. Go all out on either.

There are some Digimon that are leaned more towards support/heals or are extremely balanced in their ATK/INT stats. In these cases, I go Speed.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I really hate that I couldn't get into this game. I suppose I was thinking it would have minimal story like Pokemon and ended up dozing off before I got my first DIgimon due to all the chatting between characters. It's probably just I'm not in the mood for a story heavy game at the moment and I'll pick it up again months from now.

Yup. With 2 Max INT Lilithmon + UlforceVeedramon, I'm unstoppable*

*providing PlatNumemon's Character Reversal works on whatever Vaccine I'm fighting... thankfully many of the RKs are either Data Types of Vaccine types susceptible to Character Reversal.
Do you get UlforceVeedramon before chapter
?
Arata as an Eater is kicking my ass.

I really hate that I couldn't get into this game. I suppose I was thinking it would have minimal story like Pokemon and ended up dozing off before I got my first DIgimon due to all the chatting between characters. It's probably just I'm not in the mood for a story heavy game at the moment and I'll pick it up again months from now.
why do you hate that man? If it's not your thing, it's not your thing. There's nothing wrong with that.

You can unlock Ulforce by completing a sidequest in Chapter
. That's the earliest you can get him.
Is that before or after
Leopardmon
?
Ugh, I had to revert to normal mode.
Arata as an eater
was kicking my ass too much. He was getting way too many turns.

True Fire

The game isn't really that story heavy until the last couple of chapters. I would keep playing until the main players are introduced. It gets less chatty after that.

Voror

How far can I progress in Chapter 4 before I can no longer complete the request that gives you access to the really nice grinding area? Trying to work on some digimon but my current memory limit of 40 is restricting me quite a bit.

I was really pumped for the nostalgia trip.
I see. I was too and it's not just about nostalgia since it's not connected to the old animes, it's just the fact that it is digimon and it's very story driven.

However, there is a digimon world game coming out for vita which will hopefully be port to Ps4 next year. Maybe you'll be into that.
The game isn't really that story heavy until the last couple of chapters. I would keep playing until the main players are introduced. It gets less chatty after that.
i don't agree with that. I'm on like chapter 8 which is apparently still early on and the story has kept me very engaged.

Hydrus

How do you get to the title screen without closing the application on ps4? Trying to get an item from the farm and Im trying to reset quicker

How do you get to the title screen without closing the application on ps4? Trying to get an item from the farm and Im trying to reset quicker
There isn't. That's the only way to reset.

So,
UlforceVeedramon
is a pain. I have an AeroVeedramon that helps me go first, but Lilithmon isn't enough to one shot it. After her first hit, he just keeps on getting turns because he keeps buffing his speed. :/ Maybe I'll go to normal.

NZerker12

Seriously fuck the Chapter 19 boss
Eater Arata
on hard. I try debuff him he still destroys my team beforehand, I try buff against him he uses that bloody
spike move
to kill my team.

Cheap boss design 101 make them have high HP and defence to tank hits (yes I am using piercing moves) and high attack and speed so they can destroy you before you even start. I am seriously dreading the
UlForceVeedramon fight.

Seriously fuck the Chapter 19 boss
Eater Arata
on hard. I try debuff him he still destroys my team beforehand, I try buff against him he uses that bloody
spike move
to kill my team.

Cheap boss design 101 make them have high HP and defence to tank hits (yes I am using piercing moves) and high attack and speed so they can destroy you before you even start. I am seriously dreading the
UlForceVeedramon fight.
Yeah, I had to go to normal for your first spoiler. As for your third spoiler, I might have to go to normal for that one too, if my maxed INT Lilithmon doesn't do the job.

True Fire

You know your Colosseum team is generic when you keep matching with people with the same exact team.

17/30... Then I'll have to NG+ for Victory Uchida medals

You know your Colosseum team is generic when you keep matching with people with the same exact team.

17/30... Then I'll have to NG+ for Victory Uchida medals

According to the GameFAQ's guide, the victory uchida medals are only missable since we don't yet have access to the Demon lords DLC, BN have said more dlc is on the way so you may not have to NG+ for the medals.

That's it, I'm going to normal for
UlforceVeedramon
. Him getting like 10 turns one after another sucks.

*edit* man, wtf? In normal mode, I one shot him with Lilithmon, while on Hard mode, Lilithmon's special takes like 1/4 or 1/3 of his HP. :/

So on Hard mode, enemies have higher defense, higher attack, and get more turns.

Kouriozan

Still like 35 medals left including the request ones for me, then new game for the quiz since my game got the DigiLine glitch and if the DLC quest aren't out next week, new game plus for Chapter 8 Uchida, missed him since the story was advancing so quick at this chapter.
Then I'll finally be 100% done with this game.

Bishop89

is there a digivolution guide which shows pictures?

One linked above in this page just has wording and the one in the OP just has pictures which doesnt explain how to get them.

Stuart444

is there a digivolution guide which shows pictures?

One linked above in this page just has wording and the one in the OP just has pictures which doesnt explain how to get them.

Just google the names from the one above if you want to know or match the one in the op with the one above?

There is none that shows pictures as well as how to get each of them in the same page.

Giving me literally like...10 minutes of (Chapter 15 Spoilers)
Rina
is the ultimate cockblock. Fucking seriously
I'll never get to play with her will I?
;______;

Bishop89

Just google the names from the one above if you want to know or match the one in the op with the one above?

There is none that shows pictures as well as how to get each of them in the same page.

yeh I know to do that, its just a drag having to google them every time.

Thanks though. Guess there isnt one.

Stuart444

yeh I know to do that, its just a drag having to google them every time.

Thanks though. Guess there isnt one.

Yeah, if there was one, I'd link it for people who like this type of game but aren't Digimon fans/don't know the series. So yeah, just have to rely on google and the above faq.

Top Bottom