• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

NEO0MJ

If you enjoy it , its fine. Some have complained that the game is too easy after leveling up a gank squad using the PlatSuka+USB method

While I never used the Platinum method I still thought the game was a bit easy. Been playing on hard since chapter 5 or 6.

Croc

Banned
1947838_746052212161737_3781542632109366875_n.jpg

:D

Kouriozan

Decided to watch Next Order gameplay while waiting for the quizzes to drop, looks exactly what I want for a Digimon game (to be like World 1).
Really hoping Cyber Sleuth sold well enough to get it localized.
Personally did my part, signed the petition back then and bought the game at release.

Skulldead

But then there's no challenge. It's like playing a Visual Novel. I guess if the story was better I'd understand, but the gameplay is fun, so breaking it without any effort doesn't seem fun to me.

I can understand why people like easy game, but IMO a easy game can't hold my interest more then 10 hour, turn off random encounter, no point just push X button....

I chance the hard mode is actually enough challenging, great stuff for RPG veteran.

Kouriozan

Oh, Australia got more DLC quests, looks like I won't have to New Game + my 499/500 medals save to get the platinum (missing Barbamon)
Currently at 13 correct answers/20 on my non-glitched new game.

One day that will be me. Only 50 medals to go...

The medal grind is going to wear out my x button. ><

I can understand why people like easy game, but IMO a easy game can't hold my interest more then 10 hour, turn off random encounter, no point just push X button....

I chance the hard mode is actually enough challenging, great stuff for RPG veteran.

Yeah I like RPG's as well, but only play hard when normal is too easy.

I wish using a party full of Demon Lords was more viable. They're so cool T.T

Are there anymore factions in Digimon aside from them, Dark Masters and Royal Knights?

Remote play works so well for this.
I know! I was talking about it with duckroll and mailbox a couple of pages back. it is convenient that it is a game that's easy to play on vita (hence why it is originally a vita game) - not all games would be this easy and fun to play via remote play. but i'm enjoying it with this, that's for sure.

Croc

Banned
The medal grind is going to wear out my x button. ><

Yeah I like RPG's as well, but only play hard when normal is too easy.

The most annoying part of the whole medal grind for me was by far the BlackAgumon request medal. I actually enjoyed running around the game trying to find the ones that dropped off of regular enemies. And the gacha machines were totally fine cause you can literally just sit there and keep pressing x. But with the requests you have to keep resetting the game it it just takes soooo long. I easily spent more than twice as much time as all of the other exclusive requests combined trying just to get the BlackAgumon one. Hopefully other people are a bit more lucky than I was.

One thing I'll say tho is that normally when I platinum a game I'm like totally done with it and have no more interest in playing it. But I'm kinda sad it's over and wish there was more to do.

Croc

Banned
Olympians but only a few are in the game.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Olympos_XII

Speaking of which, I've been thinking about playing through Digimon World Dusk (I only ever started it before and never got far). The other day I was looking around the wiki wondering why Coronamon and Lunamon weren't in this game, and only then did I realize that's where Dianamon is from. Now I wanna play it even more and check out a bunch of Digimon in there that weren't in this one.

Help me GAF!
I've done everything in Chapter 6 (the whole thing in K-Cafe and stuff) and all missions on the board but nothing is progressing. Been aimlessly wandering for over an hour now. What do I do!?

Drop

Help me GAF!
I've done everything in Chapter 6 (the whole thing in K-Cafe and stuff) and all missions on the board but nothing is progressing. Been aimlessly wandering for over an hour now. What do I do!?

Talking with Kyoko should give you an hint on what to do.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow, Chapter 5 and I finally decided to try digivolve to get some better digimon cuz my DLC Agumon and Tadpole thing weren't cutting it anymore. Geez, I had left the option alone thinking the game would force a tutorial on you once you needed to do that. Got a cool leviathan looking thing and a dinosaur that takes 8 memory blocks, as well as a lightning element that's riding on a clock?

I'm at 8 hours in Chapter 5, how long is the story btw? Loving this game, it clicked in a way for me that Pokemon and Yokai Watch never did.

Kouriozan

YES! Thanks to the DLC quests, I didn't have to do a New Game + for the Victory Uchida medal I missed.

Took me 70 hours + 20 hours afking for quizzes in a separate save since in mine the DigiLine glitched.

By the way, Mastemon's special is so OP with those 10k+ HP bosses and against online colosseum NPC x)

YES! Thanks to the DLC quests, I didn't have to do a New Game + for the Victory Uchida medal I missed.

Took me 70 hours + 20 hours afking for quizzes in a separate save since in mine the DigiLine glitched.

By the way, Mastemon's special is so OP with those 10k+ HP bosses and against online colosseum NPC x)
What stats have you raised for Mastemon?

Kouriozan

I'm curious to see if people can do the new quests on hard mode, Barbamon almost OSed my team every 3/4 turns with a type disadvantage (about 1700 damage at 0.5x) it's kind of crazy.

True Fire

So, I just started playing the game today

Any missable content I should be worried about?

Nope! All of the missable medals are now given away in the DLC missions.

I'd recommend answering DigiLine messages and feeding your Digimon intermittently. Look at a trophy guide if you don't mind being spoiled.

duckroll

One thing I really enjoy about the game is that the optional missions have a good variety of cute mini-scenarios. The problems in the various cases and the way they resolve reminds me of the side quests in SMT Strange Journey, especially the more humorous ones. Except with Digimon problems instead of Demon problems. :)

Top Bottom