• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Made myself Lucemon SM, Mastemon, Imperialdramon, Lilithmon, UlforceVeedramon, Belphemon, Beelzemon BM and more today.

At 218 registered Digimon.

Guess I'll go do the last story chapter now :p

Id didn't realise the DLC quests were out until yesterday so i only installed them in Chapter 16 and i have a few questions;

When can i access them?
I did the three that include the Digimon Festival but no more have appeared even now i'm on chapter 17

Do i need to do something to trigger them?

and separate to the DLC how in the world do you get the digivolution of Lucemon? I spent ages getting a tokomon to ABI 100 and then got him enough to unlock the level 30 rookie, which turned out to be Lucemon. I then went into an area with some platinum numemon and tachtician usb's and began to level it up but even hitting lvl 99 i did not get the 180 attack needed.
I degiviolved and got back to a lvl 1 Lucemon and changed his personality to a fighter type, and i've tried to clear all his bonus stats with items so i can place him in the farm to get the speed of 180 required
Will that work?
Is it even worth it?

Id didn't realise the DLC quests were out until yesterday so i only installed them in Chapter 16 and i have a few questions;

When can i access them?
I did the three that include the Digimon Festival but no more have appeared even now i'm on chapter 17

Do i need to do something to trigger them?

and separate to the DLC how in the world do you get the digivolution of Lucemon? I spent ages getting a tokomon to ABI 100 and then got him enough to unlock the level 30 rookie, which turned out to be Lucemon. I then went into an area with some platinum numemon and tachtician usb's and began to level it up but even hitting lvl 99 i did not get the 180 attack needed.
I degiviolved and got back to a lvl 1 Lucemon and changed his personality to a fighter type, and i've tried to clear all his bonus stats with items so i can place him in the farm to get the speed of 180 required
Will that work?
Is it even worth it?

1) I would say chapter 19? Don't know, beat the game before it came out. The rest is like super boss level.

2)yes

Dawg

If I want to make a team that can beat anything once I finish the story... (including demon lords dlc)

Should Lilithmon, Beelzemon BM, UlforceVeedramon and MarineAngemon do it? Maybe with Cherubimon Virtue tagging along to compliment Beelzemon.

RexNovis

Banned
If I want to make a team that can beat anything once I finish the story... (including demon lords dlc)

Should Lilithmon, Beelzemon BM, UlforceVeedramon and MarineAngemon do it? Maybe with Cherubimon Virtue tagging along to compliment Beelzemon.

I would recommend getting Sukayamon for her buff clear move and Plesiomon for the data type penetration move. IMO Mastemon is more useful than Cherubimon thanks to her flat 25% damage ability along with the dark + light damage buff that stacks really well with Lilithmon. I also personally prefer Black WarGreymon to Beelzemon BM. He just seems a bit more flexible and significantly sturdier.

My standard team has UlForce Veedramon + MarineAngemon + BlackWarGreymon with the latter swapping out for whatever suits the type or situation best. Basically plowed through all the DLC content on hard with ease with this combo plus the aforementioned substitutions.

I finished the story! Enjoyed so much, from chapter 10 the story really changed and became very interesting.

Now I will do the challenges to get the Royal Knights. I am playing on normal, I hope they are not too hard.

Sabas

Banned
Is the launch dlc going to be made available for purchase for people who picked up the game later? Forgot to send a friend some PSN money to buy the Vita version and they already updated the store

I have him, he's alright but the damage he does its not even close to what lilithmon or or beelzemon bm can do.
Yeah. :/
I don't know any others but somebody else might! I'd love to know as well, since I'm having the same problem. Fighting data types is absolutely trivial but a team of vaccines is hellish.

I'll probably just make Omnimon and then make new WarGreymons later.

They'll likely be stronger anyway, since I actually know how to build a proper Digimon now.
1) I would say chapter 19? Don't know, beat the game before it came out. The rest is like super boss level.
It's 19. Just remember to go back to the Kerumi office. It'll be obvious when you're supposed to.

evilalien

Yeah. :/
I don't know any others but somebody else might! I'd love to know as well, since I'm having the same problem. Fighting data types is absolutely trivial but a team of vaccines is hellish.

There are only a few fights with vaccines that you can't inflict reversal on, and for those you pretty much should be using Plesiomon and/or good damage vaccine types like WarGreymon.

There are only a few fights with vaccines that you can't inflict reversal on, and for those you pretty much should be using Plesiomon and/or good damage vaccine types like WarGreymon.
I'm finally about to have a combat ready Gankoomon with reversal so I'll be much better prepared for vaccines than I was with just Platinum Numemon, haha.

The number of thread views for a game like this is amazing. I managed to get another friend to buy this the other day after showing them the trailer on my phone. Try it.

Jesmon is the edgiest Digimon ever.

He has fucking swords for legs, utter lunacy.

Being Jesus(mon) is not enough for a Digimon. You need to add five swords.

P1fbAKI.gif

With Yuuko in the hospital...
, for a game that's supposed to be whimsical and about animated digital monsters, the story is quite captivating and even compelling.

This and the online colosseum are making me reconsider going for the platinum after I finish the dlc and cups.

Yeah, all I've got left is 500 Medals, 30 Colosseum battles, 1,000 Battles (This will come naturally as I get the first two), and Max Sleuth Rank which I'm wrapping up quickly with the Demon Lord DLC quests.

The medals aren't too bad, just grindy. Probably would have been better to only require 400 to get all the trophies for collecting them, so you don't have to get ALL of them.
It's the 30 online battles I'm not looking forward to.

What Digimon has attacks that hit multiple targets. Grinding is slow with single attack mon and platinumsukamon

I can't think of a single Digimon above, like, Rookie level that doesn't have at least one multiple-target attack. :p Are you equipping learned skills?

True Fire

The 30 online battles only took me a few hours. Most of the opponents are NPCs that you can cheese with UlforceMasteLilithmon.

The medals have taken me two weeks and I'm still not done. It's the last trophy I need and it's so discouraging it pains me to boot up this game now. I'm thinking of just giving up on the Platinum and cherishing my good memories of this game.

The 30 online battles only took me a few hours. Most of the opponents are NPCs that you can cheese with UlforceMasteLilithmon.

The medals have taken me two weeks and I'm still not done. It's the last trophy I need and it's so discouraging it pains me to boot up this game now. I'm thinking of just giving up on the Platinum and cherishing my good memories of this game.

Were you one of the ones having trouble getting the request-only medal quests to pop?
I was VERY lucky in that regard and only have to track down Metalgreymon (Blue) for those. The rest are drops.

pixxxelz

Well I finished the game today, I still have a few things to do (dlc quests and master cup, no way I'm going for the platinum) but I had my fill for now, the final boss was kinda underwhelming but that ending was just perfect!
anyways this is my final party

jOFSxQ3.jpg

Not much different than everyone else's I'm assuming.

Well I finished the game today, I still have a few things to do (dlc quests and master cup, no way I'm going for the platinum) but I had my fill for now, the final boss was kinda underwhelming but that ending was just perfect!
anyways this is my final party

jOFSxQ3.jpg

Not much different than everyone else's I'm assuming.

Finished myself a few days ago... yup, it's fairly close. I had Gankoomon, Imperialdramon PM and Mastemon instead of your Plesiomon, Wargreymon and Ophanimon.

Ending was beautiful. I loved that part when
your fragmented form was talking to Alphamon and you panned around to see that all the digimons who were in your active party at the end had gathered your fragments back.

your fragmented form was talking to Alphamon and you panned around to see that all the digimons who were in your active party at the end had gathered your fragments back.

Ending is
a classic Digimon ending and I loved it. It really evokes Adventure and Tamers in particular. So few of the Digimon games manage to capture that feeling, it's nice to see them get it in this game.

Lol at Dianamon in Master Cup.

*1 shots all my Digimon with AoE*
*next three come out*

What teams did you guys use for this?
And what bonus stats from the farm did you use? Right now I have everyone with bonus attack or int, should I pump it into speed instead?

Man the absence of Dukemon from your teams is making me sad guys. I'm still 4 chapters away from unlocking him.

Thats one of the biggest problems about this game is locking those mons behind the challenges. But its what New Game + is for after all. :p

Alright, put character reversal on UlforceVeedramon, so I'll send him out with Lillithmon and reverse any pesky vaccine types so they can all get rekt.

Let's see how I go.

*next three come out*

And what bonus stats from the farm did you use? Right now I have everyone with bonus attack or int, should I pump it into speed instead?
There's a couple of fights like this, you need a digimon like jesmon which can nullify damage to stay alive, or try a virus digimon with good def.
Finished myself a few days ago... yup, it's fairly close. I had Gankoomon, Imperialdramon PM and Mastemon instead of your Plesiomon, Wargreymon and Ophanimon.

I liked that part of the ending as well, but the rest felt a little tropey.
Although digimon has always been about the bond between digimon +humans (even s04)

There's a couple of fights like this, you need a digimon like jesmon which can nullify damage to stay alive, or try a virus digimon with good def.

I ending up completely destroying the whole cup with UlforceVeedramon w/ character reversal, Lillithmon, and BlackWarGreymon.

I killed Dianamon before she even got a turn :p

Doing my 30 online wins now, then just have to farm the remaining medals.

RexNovis

Banned
OK seriously I refuse to believe it is possible for bad luck to cause 13 hours of save reloading to not give me a Agumon Black request. WTF? There is just no way this is normal. 13 hours. I give up. This is beyond old.

*next three come out*

I too want to know how you guys decide which status to raise in the farm.

Top Bottom