• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Any tips for Lucemon in the DLC mission?

I tried with my standard Ulforce + Lilith combo, with I think MarineAngemon, but got wrecked by status moves.

So I tried again with evil Kerpymon instead of Lilithmon because he knows Status Guard, and I had Jesmon in the third slot because I read he works a charm in phase 3.

And I got wrecked again, Jesmon got 1 hit because he's a data type, and Lucemon had six fucking turns between Kerpymon's buffs, and it was just too much damage.

I'm gonna have to go and dedigivolve and put Status Guard on some vaccine type just for this fight aren't I?

i'm guessing the dlc for this game ain't free?

did some more remote play at the office since I was super early,
woohoo! kyoko is back! finally. i can't tell how many chapters she was missing though since i've been playing this game so disruptive.

i'm also probably not gonna be grinding until all my etemons digivolve to platinumsukamons but it seems like it's taking a very long time for them to level up (on the farm)

I don't know if you can still get it for free but I'm guessing that for Beelzemon Blast Mode, Cherubimon (Evil) and the three Agumons will be paid DLC since they are pre-order DLC.
I already have all that (I got the 3 Agumons and the black digimons...so I'm assuming I got cherubimon and beelzemon too)

I thought this was about a new dlc

I don't know if you can still get it for free but I'm guessing that for Beelzemon Blast Mode, Cherubimon (Evil) and the three Agumons will be paid DLC since they are pre-order DLC.
Well yeah, the pre-order DLC is something else, though. We don't even know if they'll offer it again yet.

oh, shit! so if I download it then will it only activate for a new playthrough or will it update my current one?
Current playthrough of course. It's a bunch of tough battles and the ability to digivolve into a high-level Digimon.

Mcdohl

This was really frustrating for me, I ended up getting rid of the physical PS4 version and going digital. At this point though I don't think that might be possible since the Pre-order pack thing supposed to run through February.

The bizarre thing is that this is a NA only problem.

I don't think it will do anything but I sent an email to Namco.

This is terrible :(

I feel like I wasted 60 bucks.

So is it just me or are Exemon and Lucemon SM rubbish?
I was on Challenge 7 started with these two supposed insanely powerful Digimon and
Gallantmon
started with two turns and used his special on Exemon - 5k dmg dead, next turn Lucemon SM hit with the same move, 2k dmg and dead

Took three retries with that battle and i found Serphimon, UltraforceVeemon and War Greymon were the way to go surprisingly.
Tried MarineAngemon on my second try and whilst his special was great he was the first to drop each time

Just trying to lvl digimon and get as many mon before i move to the point of no return

Just trying to lvl digimon and get as many mon before i move to the point of no return
There isn't a point of no return. Even when it does the whole "are you SURE you want to keep going?" you can still come back.
You can be standing right in front of the final boss before turning back and heading to wherever, haha.

ithinkimalion

Neo Member
I want to get this game because after looking at the list of the Digimon, the nostalgia was way too high. I haven't done anything with Digimon in years though. Will I be lost?

I want to get this game because after looking at the list of the Digimon, the nostalgia was way too high. I haven't done anything with Digimon in years though. Will I be lost?

I don't think so.

I only watched seasons 1 through 4 and I didn't felt lost. I had a lot of nostalgia, there are plenty of digimon from the first seasons.

iFirez

I didn't pick this up until last weekend, I'm now 28 hours in and still loving it. I was always a fan of Terriermon and Lopmon due to the first movie so I knew I had to train them up.

It is seriously an addicting game, while a lot of it's gameplay and stat value breakdowns are shared with other popular monster catching/training games, there's something so unique about this game in particular. The art style is super consistent, the story hits some awesome beats especially in 10-11 and on. This game pulls on the nostalgia heart strings with all my favorites and some I thought I had forgotten but the memories of their awesome battles in the seasons of the show came flooding back when I saw them.

lazyguy

Just before the final boss I was gearing up my posè and only then I acidentally discovered you can name your Digimon. After a few tweaks and retries I finnaly finished the game.It was fun.

RexNovis

Banned
After 5 days of 18 hours and 40 or so mins save resetting

bxHNtTe.jpg

Fucking FINALLY! Thank God. Y'all have no idea how ficking happy it makes be that I never have to do this save resetting crap again. Most boring shit ever. Never again!

Any tips for Lucemon in the DLC mission?

I tried with my standard Ulforce + Lilith combo, with I think MarineAngemon, but got wrecked by status moves.

So I tried again with evil Kerpymon instead of Lilithmon because he knows Status Guard, and I had Jesmon in the third slot because I read he works a charm in phase 3.

And I got wrecked again, Jesmon got 1 hit because he's a data type, and Lucemon had six fucking turns between Kerpymon's buffs, and it was just too much damage.

I'm gonna have to go and dedigivolve and put Status Guard on some vaccine type just for this fight aren't I?

Teach your MarineAngemon status gaurd and safety guard. That's what I did. Pretty much makes him the ideal healer with his special ability.

I totally did not know this. Yikes. This knowledge should be in the OP.

But it is... in the FAQ

Q: Can you name your Digimon?

A: Yes, it’s a bit hidden though. When you are in the menu, select Digimon, then Settings, then the Digimon's portrait. It will give you the keyboard to type in their name. If you are planning to raise a lot of Digimon, it is a good idea to give them names, as the loose Digivolution routes can make it hard to remember who's who.

But it is... in the FAQ

A: Yes, it’s a bit hidden though. When you are in the menu, select Digimon, then Settings, then the Digimon's portrait. It will give you the keyboard to type in their name. If you are planning to raise a lot of Digimon, it is a good idea to give them names, as the loose Digivolution routes can make it hard to remember who's who.

No one reads the FAQ. ;_;

But it is... in the FAQ

Thank you. My bad.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Considering how good this game looks I'm a little sad about the next Digimon game.

Like, wtf is that. Please hire Media Vision again Bamco if you make another game :(

Oh dear... if Bamco does the same style of localization (making a PS4 port), they better clean it up hard.

Oh dear... if Bamco does the same style of localization (making a PS4 port), they better clean it up hard.
Yep, kinda wierd that I actually was worried that I wouldn't like Cyber Sleuth since I don't like turn based RPGs and only cared for Digimon World games to be localized because they are more of a real time RPG but now I just want CS2 and I'm worried about Next Order sucking or me ending up hating the gameplay... also doesn't help that it looks much worse than CS.

Teach your MarineAngemon status gaurd and safety guard. That's what I did. Pretty much makes him the ideal healer with his special ability.

I taught them to Jesmon last night so I'm gonna try with him and another Data type using character reverse on Lucemon.

If that fails as well then I'll put them on MarineAngemon.

duckroll

Met a new Royal Knight in Chapter 14.

Voice says Dukemon, first line of the dialogue text says Gallantmon, second line of the dialogue text says Leopardmon, name turns to Leopardmon when he starts talking, voice continues to say Dukemon.

???????????????????

Edit: OMG it's Wakamoto.

Edit2: Okay so after this Gallantmon shows up and he's another character? I'm really confused as to wtf is going on with the dialogue lines. :p

Met a new Royal Knight in Chapter 14.

Voice says Dukemon, first line of the dialogue text says Gallantmon, second line of the dialogue text says Leopardmon, name turns to Leopardmon when he starts talking, voice continues to say Dukemon.

???????????????????

Edit: OMG it's Wakamoto.

Edit2: Okay so after this Gallantmon shows up and he's another character? I'm really confused as to wtf is going on with the dialogue lines. :p

Voice says Dukemon because that's Gallantmon's Japanese name.

And I think they were having a convo with Leopardmon? Idk where you're at exactly, can't remember.

RockmanBN

Man what a huge difficulty spike. Anybody have strategies on how to fight the boss
Eater Adam? Even with a full team of level 99 Megas's, I'm not able to do more damage than he can recover. Half the time he's just wiping everyoe out and I'm at a reviving loop.

duckroll

Voice says Dukemon because that's Gallantmon's Japanese name.

And I think they were having a convo with Leopardmon? Idk where you're at exactly, can't remember.

They were talking about how Gallantmon was in the area, then I approached a digimon on the map and it seemed like it was Gallantmon but turned out to be Leopardmon, but their Japanese names sound almost exactly the same. Gallantmon only shows up a bit later in the scene. It seems Leopardmon's Japanese name is Dufumon or something, idk, but I only noticed it later in the scene when Omnimon (Omegamon!) says it, when Leopardmon and Nokia say it, it sounds almost exactly like Dukemon, the vocals on the music track playing muddling the voice doesn't help.

Why is EVERY SINGLE ROYAL KNIGHT named differently in English and Japanese? Just seems really dumb.

They were talking about how Gallantmon was in the area, then I approached a digimon on the map and it seemed like it was Gallantmon but turned out to be Leopardmon, but their Japanese names sound almost exactly the same. Gallantmon only shows up a bit later in the scene. It seems Leopardmon's Japanese name is Dufumon or something, idk, but I only noticed it later in the scene when Omnimon (Omegamon!) says it, when Leopardmon and Nokia say it, it sounds almost exactly like Dukemon, the vocals on the music track playing muddling the voice doesn't help.

Why is EVERY SINGLE ROYAL KNIGHT named differently in English and Japanese? Just seems really dumb.

I don't speak a word of Japanese so the audio just becomes background noise for me so I can't say I noticed :p

Dawg

Just beat Legendary Cup.

It went really well until the final battle. It took forever. Fuckers kept healing... and healing... and healing... AND HEALING.

Didn't help that my Lilithmon was weak against them. As was most of my team.

Had MarineAngemon, Mastemon, BlackWargreymon, Imperialdramon FM, Lilithmon, the yellow guy that disables enemy buffs and Belzeemon BM.

Went slow as fuck. Is the next cup a lot harder? I don't even want to know. Before this, I felt my team was pretty stronk but now I feel weak again. Any tips?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Because for some reason they're sticking by dumb localization choices that were made 16 years ago, rather than just starting fresh.

If they want to appeal to long-time Digimon fans in the West, it makes sense they would stick with the names those people would be most familiar with.

They're also weirdly inconsistent about it.
Lilithmon had been called that for years in the DS games and Savers (Data Squad) but when Xros Wars (Fusion) rolled around, Saban changed it to Laylamon for some reason (what's so bad about Lilith?). Yet in Cyber Sleuth, she's back to Lilithmon.

And like JoJo, it has the same problem of Japanese saying one thing and subtitles saying another. They say Omegamon, it's subtitled Omnimon. They say Dukemon, it's subtitled Gallantmon (I will admit, I like that name more than Dukemon).

Stuart444

Don't localise this plz

Boo!

Next Order looks great, art style is nice and it's a Digimon World game that is playing nostalgia heavily. At the very least, I think most people who liked Digimon World 1 will like Next Order just as much.

Also it has Dukemon: Crimson Mode and Shoutmon for fans of them :p (also Meicoomon DLC <3)

Saban changed it to Laylamon for some reason (what's so bad about Lilith?). Yet in Cyber Sleuth, she's back to Lilithmon.

It's Saban, I'm not surprised they changed it to Layla for some odd reason.

But Bamco probably didn't care to look at Fusion when localizing CS. Fusion is like one season vs 5 others + lots of games. Ignoring Fusion seemed like a good idea

sensui-tomo

Considering how good this game looks I'm a little sad about the next Digimon game.

Like, wtf is that. Please hire Media Vision again Bamco if you make another game :(

Don't localise this plz

I0tS4pB.jpg

I'd kill to get the sequel to the original digimon world game. Plus it has more unique animations than this game does so it gets slack that way. (and probably more digimon) wondering if you guys shat on SMT4 after persona came out since it went 2d. (being sarcastic in a manner of speaking here)

Also to the localization thing... Season 1 and 2 names should stay the way they are since... well it'd be like complaining about the Street fighter characters with name changes... its a lost cause because people know their localized names. cool ice(Vanilla ice) me if old

Stuart444

Is there anyway to increase the chance of getting Agumon (black) quest to appear? been resetting for a while now...

Only way I can think of would be making every Digimon in a farm "BlackAgumon" and make their personality "searcher" and then just look.

That way, you should eliminate the possibility of getting quests from other Digimon since there would be none other than BlackAgumon in the farm.

Not tried it myself yet but it seems like it should work.

Dawg

What's the best team for the final cup?

I have lilithmon, mastemon, imperialdramon, wargreymon, sakuyamon and beelzemon.

Last round of the legendary cup was really hard fpr these guys, tho.

Top Bottom