• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

garyizraw

Banned
Everybody i just brought the game and I will start playing it Friday

(stuck at my college campus with XB1 instead of PS4 right now )

ANYWAYS, is there anything i should be aware of as far as helpful tips or tricks?

ANYWAYS, is there anything i should be aware of as far as helpful tips or tricks?
Your starter doesn't matter. You can get the others within an hour or two. But Terriermon begins with an attack that hits all enemies and I don't know if the others do so he might be beneficial in the beginning.

Raise ABI by dedigivolving your Digimon. It's the best way to increase your level cap.

kubus

Can anyone tell me if this is right?

I'm trying to understand how raising stats works. I've got a Infermon that I want to evolve into Beelzemon. He needs 2000 HP for that. The field guide says that Infermon's base HP is 1920 at lvl 99.

Can I grind him to lvl 99 and then put him in the farm with a farm good that increases HP to get him to the required 2000 HP? Or won't his stats go up anymore once he reaches lvl 99? Also, changing his personality to Durable should give a HP boost as well right? I already raised his ABI to 100% btw.

Lexxism

Can anyone tell me if this is right?

I'm trying to understand how raising stats works. I've got a Infermon that I want to evolve into Beelzemon. He needs 2000 HP for that. The field guide says that Infermon's base HP is 1920 at lvl 99.

Can I grind him to lvl 99 and then put him in the farm with a farm good that increases HP to get him to the required 2000 HP? Or won't his stats go up anymore once he reaches lvl 99? Also, changing his personality to Durable should give a HP boost as well right? I already raised his ABI to 100% btw.
Both Yes.

pixxxelz

Digimons with attacks that deal a fixed amount of damage (gatomon, devimon etc.) will make the first few levels a lot easier so try to keep at least one of them in your party.

Alucrid

Banned
how much of a chore is this game's grinding? i like that people are comparing it to smt, but a lot of the talk seems to be about grinding and farming to evolve digimon

how much of a chore is this game's grinding? i like that people are comparing it to smt, but a lot of the talk seems to be about grinding and farming to evolve digimon
Once you get a grinding team set up, which doesn't take too long, it's immensely painless. I raise full teams of Digimon from low evolutionary stages to max level megas in maybe 10-20 minutes.

Mengetsu

I need two more trophies for the platinum but, the 20 questions one glitched out on me and I don't feel like starting a new game right now. I wish i would had known sooner that it could glitch. Two trophies away :(

Alucrid

Banned
Once you get a grinding team set up, which doesn't take too long, it's immensely painless. I raise full teams of Digimon from low evolutionary stages to max level megas in maybe 10-20 minutes.

okay, that doesn't sound so bad. thanks

also, just to double check, remote play is definitely blocked, but are video recording and screen shots blocked as well?

Bishop89

if pokemon is a 10 for grinding (Such a long boring as drag), then digimon is a 2.

Its extremely quick to level digimon to their mega's and get lvl 99, if you've got a proper setup/

also, just to double check, remote play is definitely blocked, but are video recording and screen shots blocked as well?
Remote play like, on a Vita? No, it's not blocked.
I have the Vita version so I don't know if PS4 sharing is blocked or not.

so I just beat
the boss that was disturbing Yamashina...
like, what the fuck with the bosses? I had a WarGreymon on me but apparently having a mega really doesn't mean shit. There's a lot about the battle in this game that I've got to learn.

RexNovis

Banned

Remote play isnt blocked. Just ask the Artisan. He has basically played the entire game via remote play.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So it's kind of safe to say this game did really well.

Well enough to bring over Digimon World Next Order? Maybe do the same thing and make a Western exclusive PS4 version? Maybe finally localizing Re:Digitize (if we can get Dragon Quest VII three years late)

Alucrid

Banned
Remote play like, on a Vita? No, it's not blocked.
I have the Vita version so I don't know if PS4 sharing is blocked or not.

Remote play isnt blocked. Just ask the Artisan. He has basically played the entire game via remote play.

None of those are blocked in the US version at least.

oh shit. what was i think about that namco was blocking those features in? i guess it's the ps4 version for me then

Uthred

On chapter 19 after defeating Eater Adam, went back to the office before heading to the digital world but it wouldnt let me accept any cases, saying I was already on one? Pushed on anyway but now the last boss is kicking my arse, the second stage with the wings in particular, cant seem to get any actions in before my main team (Beelzemon BM / Lilithmon / Mastemon) get smoked.

oh shit. what was i think about that namco was blocking those features in? i guess it's the ps4 version for me then
Just like everybody else said, this game supports remote play, and even though I bought it on Ps4 I have practically played it like it is a Ps Vita game. Except not, because I still get to enjoy the perks of the slightly better graphics, higher frame rate and shorter load times :D

I think the game you're thinking of is Gundam

Bishop89

so i believe im about to hit the last chapter
just beat leopardmon

I think its giving me the 'point of no return' option.

Are there any missable things if i proceed, or can I do them after I beat whatevers coming next?

johnsmith

remember me
so i believe im about to hit the last chapter
just beat leopardmon

I think its giving me the 'point of no return' option.

Are there any missable things if i proceed, or can I do them after I beat whatevers coming next?
There is no point of no return. You can even keep playing after you beat the last boss.

Is it bad that in the process of getting this 30 wins trophy I'm backing out of any match that's against an actual human? >_>

Edit: Fucking hell the game just got stuck at 'looking for opponent' and there's no way to go back so I had to completely quit the game and lose my wins.

Bishop89

Is it bad that in the process of getting this 30 wins trophy I'm backing out of any match that's against an actual human? >_>

Edit: Fucking hell the game just got stuck at 'looking for opponent' and there's no way to go back so I had to completely quit the game and lose my wins.

yeh make sure you save after EVERY win, because it will freeze like that quite often.

Also I did the same thing, bailed as soon as i saw it was a human player, just not worth the time. Unless of course they are totally new to the game and they are using rookies/champions, then its easy wins.

yeh make sure you save after EVERY win, because it will freeze like that quite often.

Also I did the same thing, bailed as soon as i saw it was a human player, just not worth the time. Unless of course they are totally new to the game and they are using rookies/champions, then its easy wins.

Not even then! I tried that, and when I beat the first three, three Imperialdramon FM with full speed and all kinds of status moves came out and wiped the floor with me.

I'm doing that too. Got crushed by a Japanese player.
One guy I played because he only had three Digimon. I knocked one out then he disconnected which counted as a win for me.

UlforceVeedramon is kicking my arse in his challenge, he wipes all my teams before I even get a move in

Get your own UlforceVeedramon. Gankoomon and Jesmon. That lineup carried most fights for me in Master cup.

Yeah. Save after every win. I lost 15 wins.

I'm in chapter 19 now and wants to do the great challenges. Before that, is there are any got grinding spot or should I wait for chapter 20 and the final dungeon? I want to train my team, de-digivole and digivolve them to max stats and learning new attacks and other stuff.

Lexxism

I'm in chapter 19 now and wants to do the great challenges. Before that, is there are any got grinding spot or should I wait for chapter 20 and the final dungeon? I want to train my team, de-digivole and digivolve them to max stats and learning new attacks and other stuff.
Floor 49 of Tokyo Metropolitan Office

Bishop89

3 plat numemons and a wargreymon carried me through the 30 wins for online coliseum. Just skip online players unless they are using rookies / champions, and skip a.i matches which have like 3 megas. (and there's some AI matches that have gabumon / agumon, and another with training Digimon. Ignore these at all cost)

Character reversal is your best friend.

Can we talk about how great MarineAngemon is?

Did you miss the discussion from the last page? ;)

But yes, MarineAngemon is great. I always have this problem of being overly conservative with magic usage in RPGs, and this guy cured me of that. Truly the best healer in the game, thanks MarineAngemon!

so we get catered food every day at work, even dinner, except it is at 7pm and my shifts end at 6. but just to save money I've been staying for that and with the hour on my hand, I've been trying to play this game on my vita via remote play.

the problem tonight was I couldn't really focus because the chick next to me, who was also waiting because her boyfriend was coming to pick her up, kept talking to me and I couldn't focus...! now I have absolutely no issue with her wanting to just talk and stuff, that's cool, it's me, really. i wish I could multitask; like concentrate on my game while still having a conversation with someone. you know?

but I get through to another boss. another eater, that is. but before I get into that,

12764691_10154012761042244_1994673716794285775_o.jpg

just brought it both of my wargreymons to the party. I figured with the bosses being so hard, might as well have my best digimon with me. fun fact: blackwargreymon in digimon world 2 still had the crest of courage on his back, although he wasn't your average blackwargreymon.

12778888_10154012818587244_3315244720282021292_o.jpg

the thing about this dungeon is you see that treasure box in the distance? i don't remember ever opening it but I guess somehow I did.

12778873_10154012818902244_5013552242205461622_o.jpg

i'm guessing this is that treasure box but again, strangely I don't remember opening it...maybe I'm just bugging out.

12794981_10154012781817244_2847539785319981135_o.jpg

and WTF with the bosses in this game? same thing goes for my earlier post on this page (which was also via remote play btw). fights are seriously unbalanced. regular dungeon battles will be fine and you run into a boss and things go cray. I use attack and speed chips, this fucker killed the shit outta my andromon but I guess after a few attack chips, my wargreymon was powerful enough that his tornado attack destroyed the eater. OR was it powerful enough the entire time and I should've used it earlier?! ugh.

duckroll

I have a question about cases on the notice board. If I don't do an optional case and continue with the story instead, do they ever expire? If I complete a chapter without doing all the optional cases will I lose them or do they carry over?

I have a question about cases on the notice board. If I don't do an optional case and continue with the story instead, do they ever expire? If I complete a chapter without doing all the optional cases will I lose them or do they carry over?
hm, this sounds like a question for someone who's beaten the game...but right now I'm predicting that those cases will either there before

a. you have the final mission of the game and have to complete all of them beforehand or
b. you can do the optional missions whenever you want even after beating the game

i'll be surprised if they can expire like you suggested

duckroll

I'm asking if they normally expire after progressing in the story. I'm in chapter 13 and so far I've done everything before moving on with the story, but I'm wondering if there's any downside to skipping some if I want to move the story along quicker.

RexNovis

Banned

I noticed a couple dissapeared after completing a chapter on my second playthrough. So yes some do drop out. Only the blue ones from what Ive seen. But I usually do all the quests so some others might also drop as well as I would have no way of knowing.

Sorry about the double post just catching up with the thread :-/

Some optional sidequests do expire. I'm not sure when though, since I always complete them before continuing the main stuff.

I tried looking it up, but there seems to be a lack of info about this.

Mcdohl

I have the DLC Digi-monsterous DLC Pack for Vita version but not for PS4 version.

I fail to load my cross-save because of that.

Is there no solution to this?

I have the DLC Digi-monsterous DLC Pack for Vita version but not for PS4 version.

No, unfortunately. :/

I don't know why they wouldn't just let the DLC unlock for both versions if you have it for one.

theta11

This was really frustrating for me, I ended up getting rid of the physical PS4 version and going digital. At this point though I don't think that might be possible since the Pre-order pack thing supposed to run through February.

The bizarre thing is that this is a NA only problem.

Top Bottom