• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

A combo of that and these models being made for Next Order maybe?

Yeah, I would guess models created for Next Order and releasing an update a week before the new game is a very effective promotion.

Kind of odd they aren't including Dukemon Crimson Mode in that case, though, since there's definitely a model for him for Next Order.

Yeah, I would guess models created for Next Order and releasing an update a week before the new game is a very effective promotion.

Kind of odd they aren't including Dukemon Crimson Mode in that case, though, since there's definitely a model for him for Next Order.
Let's hope they add him in the future, I'm still hoping for my BanchoLillymon since I hate Rosemon so there needs to be another patch/DLC that adds more Digimon. Does anyone know if they say anything about the patch fixing the quiz reply bug?

Yeah, I think he's the last popular anime Mega missing (excluding Frontier and Xros Wars).

Maybe they want to keep him as an incentive to buy Next Order? It would be nice to get him in Cyber Sleuth eventually.

I don't get it. They have ChaosDukemon, and Beelzemon Blast Mode. Why not Crimson Mode. I wish I didn't have to make a big deal out of it but I'm legit salty. They can have both Virus versions of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon and Omegamon Zwart. Then throw in all the Demon Lords and Burst modes of Savers Digimons. But still no Dukemon Crimson Mode.

Hell throw in Megidramon and give Justimon his Trinity Arm moves since those are missing as well.

Yeah, I think he's the last popular anime Mega missing (excluding Frontier and Xros Wars).

Maybe they want to keep him as an incentive to buy Next Order? It would be nice to get him in Cyber Sleuth eventually.

Yeah, Crimson Mode is really the only holdout. (TV series wise, anyway, there's also Alphamon Ouryuuken from X-Evolution)

It is possible that they want to keep him as a selling point for Next Order. What I find especially odd is that this brings the game to 249 Digimon. They couldn't throw in one more for an even 250?

But perhaps the most exciting thing for me, beyond the possibility of more Digimon for Cyber Sleuth, is that Next Order will probably also get additional Digimon added down the line. I'll be really happy if they can keep doing stuff like this and adding more Digimon to the games.

lol There is actually another Burst Mode Agumon thats supposedly beyond the Ultimate/Mega level. Wonder if that might come as DLC.
Why the hell does agumon get so much shit lol. I saw a toy one,black than Greymon o look Greymon with an arm band lol risegreymon, skullgreymon,wargreymon,blackwargreymon, shinegreymon(he's freaking awesome!! Gotta watch saves after I finish tamers and whatever the fourth one is)

I don't get it. They have ChaosDukemon, and Beelzemon Blast Mode. Why not Crimson Mode. I wish I didn't have to make a big deal out of it but I'm legit salty. They can have both Virus versions of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon and Omegamon Zwart. Then throw in all the Demon Lords and Burst modes of Savers Digimons. But still no Dukemon Crimson Mode.

Hell throw in Megidramon and give Justimon his Trinity Arm moves since those are missing as well.

Oh right, I forgot about Megidramon. Guilmon was a bit shafted (though there is ChaosGallantmon, I suppose?) I would say that adding the Burst Modes for the Savers Digimon was more important though, considering how it was the "gimmick" for that season.

Yeah, Crimson Mode is really the only holdout. (TV series wise, anyway, there's also Alphamon Ouryuuken from X-Evolution)

It is possible that they want to keep him as a selling point for Next Order. What I find especially odd is that this brings the game to 249 Digimon. They couldn't throw in one more for an even 250?

But perhaps the most exciting thing for me, beyond the possibility of more Digimon for Cyber Sleuth, is that Next Order will probably also get additional Digimon added down the line. I'll be really happy if they can keep doing stuff like this and adding more Digimon to the games.

Oh man, I hope they add Ouryumon's line to a future game and have a jogress for Alphamon Ouryuuken. It would be so awesome.

Retroactively adding Digimon as they make new models for the next game is a great idea really. They don't have the resources to put them in all at once and it adds excitement to a game you've been playing for a while.

Why the hell does agumon get so much shit lol. I saw a toy one,black than Greymon o look Greymon with an arm band lol risegreymon, skullgreymon,wargreymon,blackwargreymon, shinegreymon(he's freaking awesome!! Gotta watch saves after I finish tamers and whatever the fourth one is)

I hate it too. I think I understand how people felt about Charizard/Mewtwo getting 2 Mega evolutions now. Agumon is overblown but since he came first and was most popular, He became the Pikachu of Digimon and its official mascot so they shove him down our throats.

Freaking 3 Agumons + Black Agumon from the DLC download which is total BS.

Oh right, I forgot about Megidramon. Guilmon was a bit shafted (though there is ChaosGallantmon, I suppose?) I would say that adding the Burst Modes for the Savers Digimon was more important though, considering how it was the "gimmick" for that season.

Even in the game
Dukemon gets freaking absorbed by Arata which was dumb as fuck and can't join the last battle. Fuck you bamco and story writer! >:|

I think the dlc choice has to deal with medals too. The burst mode medals are in the game so the models are technically in the game lol.

Speaking of DLC, besides Dukemon Crimson Mode, I want all the Frontier Spirit Digimons. At least EmperorGreymon, MagnaGarurumon and Susanoomon. Though all of them from Child to Ultimate would be awesome.

Stuart444

Patch with 7 new Digimon coming worldwide on the 10th.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/07100847.html

It includes:
- ShineGreymon Burst Mode
- MirageGaogamon Burst Mode
- Rosemon Burst Mode
- Ravemon Burst Mode

- Valkyriemon
- Darkdramon
- Chaosmon

Pictures at the link. Thanks Takao.

... awesome!

KuwabaraTheMan: If you're getting Next Order, be sure to check and see if these Digimon are in the game for sure. It will tell us for sure if it's because they are in Next Order or if they just wanted to do one final patch for CS lol.

Better to check when it's out than to assume I'd say :)

(I hope they are in NO, I love the Burst modes and was sad they weren't in at release in CS :( )

zakujanai

Have you tried Hard Mode? It isnt really hard so much as it should have been the default difficulty.

I'd forgotten there was a choice for the difficulty. I normally just go with the default setting because I don't like games being too tough but this really has been too easy so far, I don't even know most of my Digimon's abilities because I've only ever had to spam attack.

silva1991

More digimon? but I started NG+ last time and have no desire to slowly go through theb game again :(

how can a game in 2015/16 doesn't give the play the option to skip cutscenes?

Patch with 7 new Digimon coming worldwide on the 10th.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/07100847.html

It includes:
- ShineGreymon Burst Mode
- MirageGaogamon Burst Mode
- Rosemon Burst Mode
- Ravemon Burst Mode
- Valkyriemon
- Darkdramon
- Chaosmon

Pictures at the link. Thanks Takao.

Yoo this must have sold better than they hoped if they've decided to actively support the game this far out from the Japanese launch. Anyone else hoping for paid dlc just to so they can show more support? This is like one of few BAMCO games that doesn't have costumes or anything for sale. I wouldn't mind spending a couple bucks once in a while for more Digimon.

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth_2016_03-07-16_020.jpg
I never saw this Digimon before. It looks like Bancholeomon got hunted down and had his head stuffed lol.

I just want some Season 4 Digimon in this game y'know?

I need Kazemon and Zephyrmon would slay. Dunno how their evolution lines would work but I don't care lol.

I'm glad to hear marineangemon is a very useful mon to use because it seems that the only good ones people use are those with which I'm unfamiliar. Is omnimon really useless?

Omg Valkyriemon really?? He was like biggest missing possible anime partner mega for me but I thought he was unpopular so this is amazing. It was really bothering me. Darkdramon and Chaosmon are cool too. Cool that Darkdramon isnt another Dark-virus. Not a super fan of burst Modes but they were requested a lot so, good for them.

Only thing bothering left is small amount of thunder type rookies, airdramon one of the originals and maaaybe a legit ultimate form for Wormmon, but this is still amazing.

Omg Valkyriemon really?? He was like biggest missing possible anime partner mega for me but I thought he was unpopular so this is amazing. It was really bothering me. Darkdramon and Chaosmon are cool too. Cool that Darkdramon isnt another Dark-virus. Not a super fan of burst Modes but they were requested a lot so, good for them.

Only thing bothering left is small amount of thunder type rookies, airdramon one of the originals and maaaybe a legit ultimate form for Wormmon, but this is still amazing.

Wormmon has JewelBeemon as his ultimate. There are a ton of Digimon missing but I understand why they can't add them all. I'd say there are more Digimons than Pokemon right now considering the last number including every evolution was in the 800 range. Each Digimon goes from at least child to ultimate so that's at least 4 forms.

RexNovis

Banned
They should give me a burst mode form of MarineAngemon. I don't even care if it doesn't exist. The true Digimon badass deserves a new form. Make it so!

Piers

That's awesome they would do that! Valkyriemon certainly is surprising.
I hope they do something crazy and produce models for X-Antibody variants in Next Order.

Wormmon has JewelBeemon as his ultimate. There are a ton of Digimon missing but I understand why they can't add them all. I'd say there are more Digimons than Pokemon right now considering the last number including every evolution was in the 800 range. Each Digimon goes from at least child to ultimate so that's at least 4 forms.
Too bad Jewelbeemon is shitsux design. I wonder if Dinobeemon could ever be loved. Its a weird design for what is also Wormmons ultimate, but I havent seen hate for that.

To be fair Cyber Sleuths roster is almost perfect for me. I do wonder, what are the most glaring omissions for people here. Gallantmon Crisom mode looks like most obvious one now, but Id like to know others opinions. I suspect old school digimon and important anime digimon would be most wanted.

Ultimadrago

I'm very glad some more Digimon were added. It'll enhance the experience for those still in the middle of beating it, for sure!

Voror

Great to hear about more digimon being added. Still really early in the game as I got kind of addicted to grinding in the Hagurumon area but finally got out and moved forward.

It's sort of weird now as I dont know what digimon to use since I've been using those PlatSukamon for so long.

Should I worry about builds too much or leave that until the end of the game where it's incredibly easy to grind through different evolutions for skills?

Great to hear about more digimon being added. Still really early in the game as I got kind of addicted to grinding in the Hagurumon area but finally got out and moved forward.

It's sort of weird now as I dont know what digimon to use since I've been using those PlatSukamon for so long.

Should I worry about builds too much or leave that until the end of the game where it's incredibly easy to grind through different evolutions for skills?
I say just play man. Like ik reading the thread and all these systems and powerful digimon are cool and all but as a first play thru? Eh i went with what i likd and seem tp be doing fine.

They should give me a burst mode form of MarineAngemon. I don't even care if it doesn't exist. The true Digimon badass deserves a new form. Make it so!
It seems that now they're adding new Digimons with each game (Cyber Sleuth-Mastemon, Next Order-New type of Omnimon Zwarts) so there is still hope for MarineAngemon.
Abandon all hope for him, you'll probably see a new Numemon before they do something with MarineAngemon :(

The soundtrack is really great. I hope there is some soundtrack collection to buy.

Especially in the last chapters there are some awesome tracks like this or this. But I pretty much enjoyed every track.

Volcynika

The track in the Tokyo Metropolitan Bldg is my JAM. I love when it kicks in.

Also the start of the track during the final boss reminded me of Asura's Wrath.......then the music went elsewhere.

The track in the Tokyo Metropolitan Bldg is my JAM. I love when it kicks in.

Also the start of the track during the final boss reminded me of Asura's Wrath.......then the music went elsewhere.

I actually enjoyed the track for elite bosses more, it's much more intense. klick

Sadly the final boss was way to easy in comparison to other bosses. It lacks the thrill imho.

Suedo's theme is awesome aswell, it fit's perfectly to his creepy character.

Top Bottom