• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Lucemon Chaos Mode is probably the first (and only?) challenging boss in the game, even on normal he is not that trivial. On hard he should be pretty bad ass.

RexNovis

Banned
Is there anyway to increase the chance of getting Agumon (black) quest to appear? been resetting for a while now...

Dude it literally took me 18 hours of resetting. 18 fucking hours. Good luck.

The quest finally showed up after 2 hours of reset! Now to get the rest via drops. Hopefully it shouldn't be bad as that rng

Omfg.... You lucky bastard! I hate you.

Just beat Legendary Cup.

It went really well until the final battle. It took forever. Fuckers kept healing... and healing... and healing... AND HEALING.

Didn't help that my Lilithmon was weak against them. As was most of my team.

Had MarineAngemon, Mastemon, BlackWargreymon, Imperialdramon FM, Lilithmon, the yellow guy that disables enemy buffs and Belzeemon BM.

Went slow as fuck. Is the next cup a lot harder? I don't even want to know. Before this, I felt my team was pretty stronk but now I feel weak again. Any tips?

Just make sure you have a Digimon with Character reversal. That switched vulnerabilities and makes vaccines weak to virus types.

Lucemon Chaos Mode is probably the first (and only?) challenging boss in the game, even on normal he is not that trivial. On hard he should be pretty bad ass.

He actually wasn't that bad at all thanks to his self damaging attack. Just made sure safety gaurd was up at all times and swapped in other Digimon just before his first attack. Revive non party Digimon. Recast safety gaurd and repeat until dead.

You mean Lucemon SM, the final form. He is actually pretty easy. Just stay alive for a while, that's not that hard. But Lucemon Chaos Mode took some time, probably because I was not prepared properly to avoid the huge amount of status changing. A MarineAngemon is gold in this fight.

Shengar

Considering how good this game looks I'm a little sad about the next Digimon game.

Like, wtf is that. Please hire Media Vision again Bamco if you make another game :(
Did they change developer?
Can I hope the texture will be improved in the final game? :(

Different developer, totally different game. It's a Digimon World entry, not a Digimon Story one. And nope, the graphics will remain like this. It's coming out this month in Japan.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've got nothing against Next Order. If it's like the original PS1 World I would be all over that (if it comes out here).
Plus, I've seen other shots and it looks better there. But that one shot... yikes.

What's the best team for the final cup?

I have lilithmon, mastemon, imperialdramon, wargreymon, sakuyamon and beelzemon.

Last round of the legendary cup was really hard fpr these guys, tho.

It was hilariously easy with UlforceVeedramon (with Character Reversal), Lilithmon and BlackWargreymon.

Ulforce is great in general and you should really go get one.

Looking at the game now, I think the easiest way to get Character Reversal on him is to grab it from a PlatinumSukamon then go Etemon, back to Numemon then Gabumon, then Veedramon, AeroVeedramon, UlforceVeedramon.

The reason it's great is that his ability makes your team always go first in battle, so you can always open with the two piercing nuke attacks from Lilithmon and BlackWargreymon (or whatever other virus type you want) which is pretty much a guaranteed kill on one of the opponents, and you can character reverse any vaccine types you come across so you'll hit both data and vaccine for 2x damage, and other virus's for neutral.
His high speed then lets you use plenty of HP and SP items on his turn to keep your attackers going strong, as well as having speed charge field.

Beat it hard mode. Probably should have done that before doing all the great challenges. Final boss was easy as hell after them.

And is that fucking Oh Great I see in the credits? lol...

Great game that made the wait for Persona 5 a bit easier.

Just have three medals left from the search quests. Have a question before I do that though, do I need to finish the ones already on the board for new ones to show up?

Like, if I use 5 farms should I have 5 quests finished and ready to be replaced or does it not matter? The board is currently full with 8 quests.

RexNovis

Banned
After 172 hours of playtime

sEf4Hhw.jpg

:D

This was such a fantastic game. It exceeded my expectations in absolutely every way except the localization. Here's hoping it sold well and that it leads to more funding for the next round of titles.

Ultimadrago

After 172 hours of playtime

:D

This was such a fantastic game. It exceeded my expectations in absolutely every way except the localization. Here's hoping it sold well and that it leads to more funding for the next round of titles.

What was your favorite team by end game?

Bishop89

172 hours?

yeah no i'm dropping the platinum

I think he overplayed the game lol.

Im 70 hours, and I reckon I can get the platinum within another 6-10 hours at most.

Ive got all the machine medals, just have 70 or so more from drops/cases I need to collect.
I just have to beat chapter 20, and i have a couple miscellaneous trophies left like upgrade all 5 farms to max, 30 digimon with max ABI and thats pretty much it.

Have already gotten 30 online wins.

r3z0n

Neo Member
90 hours in, Cyber Sleuth is the most fun game I've played in a long time. Absolutely loved it, sequel pls.

zakujanai

This game is such a come down after Trails in Cold Steel. I can't stand Japanese voice acting, particularly excessively nasal tsundere female characters. The story jumps around all over the place with absolutely no sense of pacing. The quests range from mundane to outright absurdly pointless (chiefly fetch quests for a generically named item found 3 steps away from the person asking for it).

The gameplay seems like it could be fun, digivolving and collecting Digimon is quite interesting but I must have been too interested because the battles have absurdity no challenge to them, and I'm not someone who enjoys overly difficult gameplay.

Seriously, I'm struggling to find a reason to keep playing this. I can't face any more bland featureless dungeons filled with ridiculously long cut scenes that take 100 lines of dialogue to state one sentence.

I like that the Digimon in your party actually run behind you, it's a nice touch. Shame that it's in forced perspective though, running towards the camera drives me insane.

Just got my plat after ~70 hours. The last thing I needed to do was win 30 Coliseum battles, which didn't take as long as I thought it might. I got matched up with the random weak CPUs pretty quickly/consistently. The most annoying part was getting certain Digimon to appear when I needed their medals, it always took forever for the one thing I needed to pop up.

This game is such a come down after Trails in Cold Steel. I can't stand Japanese voice acting, particularly excessively nasal tsundere female characters. The story jumps around all over the place with absolutely no sense of pacing. The quests range from mundane to outright absurdly pointless (chiefly fetch quests for a generically named item found 3 steps away from the person asking for it).

The gameplay seems like it could be fun, digivolving and collecting Digimon is quite interesting but I must have been too interested because the battles have absurdity no challenge to them, and I'm not someone who enjoys overly difficult gameplay.

Seriously, I'm struggling to find a reason to keep playing this. I can't face any more bland featureless dungeons filled with ridiculously long cut scenes that take 100 lines of dialogue to state one sentence.

I like that the Digimon in your party actually run behind you, it's a nice touch. Shame that it's in forced perspective though, running towards the camera drives me insane.

Have you tried Hard Mode? It isnt really hard so much as it should have been the default difficulty.

Volcynika

What's the best place to go for experience as I'm near the end? I have a save right before the final boss (I think it is), and I have a save before heading to the last chapter. Not sure if I should just jump into the dungeons via Digi Lab, or go back to the earlier save and also get more items. It would really suck to
have to beat all the security enemies again...
though.

As far as final battle stuff, I got to
the head and wing phase, and it's like "you want a turn? NOPE!" and kept wiping all of my party.
;_;

What's the best place to go for experience as I'm near the end? I have a save right before the final boss (I think it is), and I have a save before heading to the last chapter. Not sure if I should just jump into the dungeons via Digi Lab, or go back to the earlier save and also get more items. It would really suck to
have to beat all the security enemies again...
though.

As far as final battle stuff, I got to
the head and wing phase, and it's like "you want a turn? NOPE!" and kept wiping all of my party.
;_;
The best place would be the floor before the roof of the building if you are on chapter 19.

Once you start fighting later bosses you notice the difference, some feel almost imposible to beat on hard mode.

Damn, I was actually making a mental note of playing this in hard mode when I get it but this is frustrating to hear. I don't like it when games are too easy but I also don't like ridiculous difficulty spikes.

Stuart444

The best place would be the floor before the roof of the building if you are on chapter 19.

Pretty much, area with the lifts and the Digilab phone box.

Could easily grind there using 3 PlatNumemons (character reversal for the Vaccines types you face, the rest can just be powered through) if you have them + animations off. Most Digimon will get to level 99 within 15 minutes or so (the more tactician USBs you have, the shorter this will be).

It gives so much EXP and makes it hilariously quick to get almost any Mega you want. I got all of the Demon Lords + the Royal Knights grinding in this area in a rather short amount of time.

Damn, I was actually making a mental note of playing this in hard mode when I get it but this is frustrating to hear. I don't like it when games are too easy but I also don't like ridiculous difficulty spikes.
You can change the difficulty whenever you want so just do like me and play the game on hard and once you find the bosses I'm talking about reduce the difficulty just for them. The really hard bosses are late in the game so it isn't that bad.

You can change the difficulty whenever you want so just do like me and play the game on hard and once you find the bosses I'm talking about reduce the difficulty just for them. The really hard bosses are late in the game so it isn't that bad.

Didn't know difficulty could be changed during the game, that's nice. Thanks.

RockmanBN

Guess I should be changing the difficulty to normal post chapter 18? The battles are becoming very difficult and I can't seem to win.

RexNovis

Banned
172 hours?

yeah no i'm dropping the platinum

It was because I maxed out ideal stats for all Mega Digimon.

He maximize every mega digimon IIRC, that's why it took him so long.

Yep

What was your favorite team by end game?

My favorite team was UlforceVeedramon, MarineAngemon and BlackWarGreymon with Mastemon, Lilithmon, Sukayamon, Plesiomon, Jesmon, Dianamon and OmnimonZwart on reserve. I taught my Jesmon panic wisp, character reversal, venom trap and Idle Bubble. He was basically my status effect tank which made him much more useful.

MarineAngemon is definitely the MVP. Having Safety Guard, Status guard, his special ability, solid magic damage and SP regen just seems gloriously broken.

famfrit

Just for curiosity, someone can compare this Digimon with a 3D Pokemon like XY or ORAS ? How good are the mechanics of the combat ?

duckroll

Just for curiosity, someone can compare this Digimon with a 3D Pokemon like XY or ORAS ? How good are the mechanics of the combat ?

Don't really think it's comparable to Pokemon at all. Probably closer to a much more casual SMT game where you build a party of 3 Digimon and reserves, and can swap them in and out of battle. There are 4 types of Digimon - Virus/Vaccine/Data/Neutral, and other than Neutral there's a rock paper scissors affinity system. There's are also elemental affinities. You can put the extra Digimon you can't fit into your party into Digifarms which have light simulation elements. The majority of the game is very story/quest driven like a JRPG, rather than exploration driven like Pokemon. You'll be watching lots of voiced dialogue and some cutscenes between dungeons, and the world map is menu driven like Persona.

True Fire

It's comparable to Persona 4 if you've ever played that.

Comparing Digimon to Pokemon these days is pointless because they've gone down drastically different paths.

duckroll

Wouldn't really say it's like Persona 4 either. Especially the core gameplay. No randomly generated dungeons, and the party system is very different. In Persona your party is filled with actual characters, and only the MC's Persona is swappable. So you really have one rotatable choice at a given time. This is much more like SMT where you have a party of demons.

Patch with 7 new Digimon coming worldwide on the 10th.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/07100847.html

It includes:
- ShineGreymon Burst Mode
- MirageGaogamon Burst Mode
- Rosemon Burst Mode
- Ravemon Burst Mode
- Valkyriemon
- Darkdramon
- Chaosmon

Pictures at the link. Thanks Takao.

When I think I'm out Cyber Sleuth pulls me back in! I was going to give the game a rest after 120 hours but I guess its time to start a new game to get the quiz trophy. So glad that they are still supporting the game and that there is going to be more Digimon to get but where is BanchoLillymon or BelleStarmon!? There better be more Patches on the way >_<!

Edit: It seems that Valkyriemon is neutral/wind, y hope that he's good since my only two neutrals are Magnamon and Diaboromon and I'm not a big fan of them when it comes to combat.

Patch with 7 new Digimon coming worldwide on the 10th.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/07100847.html

It includes:
- ShineGreymon Burst Mode
- MirageGaogamon Burst Mode
- Rosemon Burst Mode
- Ravemon Burst Mode
- Valkyriemon
- Darkdramon
- Chaosmon

Pictures at the link. Thanks Takao.

Holy shit. I wasn't expecting this at all. The Burst Modes were sorely missed in the original version, and Chaosmon and Darkdramon are nice inclusions, too (both were in Re:Digitize).

I'm shocked at Valkyrimon's inclusion. That's a very odd choice.

I wonder if these Digimon were created for Next Order and they decided to put some of them in Cyber Sleuth as DLC. Either way, it looks like I'm revisiting this game in the week before Next Order comes out.

Major updates? Whoa. The game must have done really well over here to warrant that.

Next Order comes out on the 17th, so I imagine this is as much to help hype people up for that as it is a reaction to western sales, although those could have helped somewhat.

Top Bottom