• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Powwa

Any idea on when physical Vita copies are being sent out? PlayAsia still has a placeholder date for it's release and I would honestly hope that it won't take till the beginning of next month for shipments like it showed when selecting shipping rates.

I'm also wondering the same thing. I messaged them a few days ago and the answer was a generic "We'll ship it as soon as we have it".

Kinsei

Banned
Got my first champion! Gargomon looks great.

I'm surprised by how quick I'm evolving. I already have a full team of rookies, with a few in the farm.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Wooo! Finished downloading and playing! Been wanting this game since the first trailer they released for Japan and can't believe we actually got it here! Haven't been interested with Pokemon since Gen 4 so it feels good to play a game about capturing monsters again.

L.O.R.D

The PS Store icon doesn't change on most (all?) themes.

what ? that's stupid

when my Vita was hacked i can add any theme or icon , i miss custom themes.

CP9INGKWwAEdf8j.jpg

bg1.jpg

bg3.jpg

2015_10_06_222633.jpg

otakukidd

Am I supposed to get the codes in a email? I haven't received any and the game came with no book or documents in it, just the disc. I bought off amazon.

For anybody else who preordered physical disc and got the DLC code, I just plugged mine in and it worked.

Now I'm waiting for my delivery. Been a while since a Digimon game came here that I was super-excited for...

Sweet, will try now.

Am I supposed to get the codes in a email? I haven't received any and the game came with no book or documents in it, just the disc. I bought off amazon.

If you bought from amazon then you should receive an email from them, I forget the time frame, I think they tell you what it is in the confirmation email. If you can't find that just talk to support, they are usually very helpful.

L95

Ohh, there's a lady that shows up beside the detective office door do give you your DLC stuff. (Geeze, why couldn't she send my digimon to the bank instead of making me empty my party?)

KillGore

Not sure if I want vita or ps4. Can I remote play it? And is it functional? Or doesnt work well without the extra buttons?

KingClown

Just downloaded the Vita version and started it up. Seems like it's gonna be fun!

I really enjoyed the Digimon Adventure and Tamers television series when I was a kid, but I kinda dropped off around Frontier. I also remember trying to play the Digimon World as a kid and not getting anywhere because I had no idea what I was doing.

I'm gonna enjoy jumping back into the series with this game though!

Senketsu

Hey guys, I just downloaded the DLC that came with the pre order. How do I get black agumon and gabumon and all those costumes?

Anyone from the UK know where to pick this up physical?

Looking to get a surprise for my partner. And it doesn't seem to be on Amazon, without going through an expensive (US importing) third party.

Saphirax

Anyone from the UK know where to pick this up physical?

Looking to get a surprise for my partner. And it doesn't seem to be on Amazon, without going through an expensive (US importing) third party.

Seems to be unavailable/Sold out in a lot of places, but Zavvi still has some.

Here

Oh, and ShopTo has the game as well.

L95

Hey guys, I just downloaded the DLC that came with the pre order. How do I get black agumon and gabumon and all those costumes?

There'll be a lady wearing red beside the entrance to the detective office. Speak to her, it's a short bit into the game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't know whether to get this on PS4 or Vita. I like JRPGs on Vita but I don't know if there's a huge difference on PS4.

L95

I do believe I've found a formatting error.

The mission to fix the hot AC, my dialogue options are
Option 1:If it involves Connect Jumping... it's okay I've
Option 2:dealt with this kind of thing before.

Someone must've formatted something wrong, lol. Option 1 has a bit of 2 in it.

Kaizu

So you should always wait until you hit the level cap before evolving, right?

Nope, it will only affect the potential stats which can be gained more efficiently through multiple devolving and evolving. The earliest experience grind spot is during one of the side quest in chapter 4. You will know it when you see it. The experience spike is very obvious. Potential stats affect max level cap and maximum number of stats allowed to be gained through training in digifarm(formula is 50+ potential/2 so maximum of 100 allowed).

Korezo

Is the game played like pokemon where you walk around towns and environments to fight? Never played or watched digimon in my life.

Kinsei

Banned
Nope, it will only affect the potential stats which can be gained more efficiently through multiple devolving and evolving. The earliest experience grind spot is during one of the side quest in chapter 4. You will know it when you see it. The experience spike is very obvious. Potential stats affect max level cap and maximum number of stats allowed to be gained through training in digifarm(formula is 50+ potential/2 so maximum of 100 allowed).

Okay. Seadramon and Tyrannomon here I come!

Is the game played like pokemon where you walk around towns and environments to fight? Never played or watched digimon in my life.

It's a turn based RPG with a rock paper scissors element to combat so it's similar to Pokemon. The game is set in Tokyo so I'm not expecting to visit other cities.

*Sigh* of course the only video game store within walking distance of my college campus hasn't received their shipment for this week yet. Those who have played the game how is the hard difficulty so far, meant for NG+ or does it make the game about as hard as something like most SMT games.

Dammit reading the OT is making it hard to focus on studying when all I want to do is go pick up my preordered copy and ignore my tests.

This motherfucker is my end goal.
latest

Kinsei

Banned
*Sigh* of course the only video game store within walking distance of my college campus hasn't received their shipment for this week yet. Those who have played the game how is the hard difficulty so far, meant for NG+ or does it make the game about as hard as something like most SMT games.

It's not terribly difficult. I was playing on hard for a while, and only had to switch back when I swapped out some of my party members for some level 1 Digimon. I wanted to use them right away instead of grinding them up so I just switched over to normal.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Its an SMT or Persona game style and gameplay wise in everything but name(without the social links of Persona). Replace the monsters in SMT/Persona with Digimon, there you go.

Its a good turn based JRPG and has nothing to do with the rest of the DIgimon franchise, so anyone can get into it if you like turn based JRPGs

i am stuck at this point of the game , really don't know which one should i chose ?
i'll continue tomorrow.

CaPIH_iW0AIqy3q.jpg

ok,thanks.
I really like both desings so I'm also unsure which one to pick. My game hasn't shipped yet from Amazon so I still have time to decide.

Top Bottom